Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,850 members, 7,945,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! (1372 Views)

Development Of African Historigraphy 1900-1975 / Life Of African Students In Republic Of Georgia / Wait And Get Your Mapoly Nd Part Time And Hnd Part Time And Full Time Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by akay47(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2006
sometimes i just sit and look into the past all i feel is depression. Imagine the continent that first built houses, wrote in symbols, taught every other race what we now know as KNOWLEGE. That same continent begs for food, cries for help whenever any calamity strikes, we can't do anything on our own. Oh mother Africa, i can't wait to see ur sons take u back to were u were.

History is the mirror of a people. Too bad our history has been distorted so badly that we are almost losing our real essence. how much of urself (history) do u know?

have a dream i can't wait to see come to reality. The dream of the RE-EMERGENCE OF AFRICAN CIVILIZATION! We have been enslaved psychologically and physically for over 500 years! If you have a clue to how to bring about the dream, share it with us. God bless Africa.
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by glamrocka(f): 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2006
God bless Africa indeed. smiley

I share some of your sentiments, but i fear things have changed too much for this to happen. well this might sound so cliche' but i always say it starts from every individual, unless there is individual reflection and change , any struggle to change collectively will eventually be hampered by the very same individuals.
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2006
I'm going to be great. i don't see why my happiness should depend on whether or not the rest of Africa cares about becoming great. if each of us aims to be great in his own way, then Africa will be great. If not, I will still be great regardless and I'll enjoy every bit of it. Each man his own happiness.
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by Eastcoast(f): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2006
@nwoke, thanks for your actions. wink
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by akay47(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2006
Nwoke:

I'm going to be great. i don't see why my happiness should depend on whether or not the rest of Africa cares about becoming great. if each of us aims to be great in his own way, then Africa will be great. If not, I will still be great regardless and I'll enjoy every bit of it. Each man his own happiness.

Yeah, i see reason with what u say but what would you do with your greatness when you wake up one morning to see everyone you know infested with HIV/AIDS; or died of hunger or , See, let's not just think of ourselves alone, success without a successor is no success. If u become gr8 and u enjoy all the good things n u passed away who would stand in your place? hence the need for a collective effort in the building of a lasting "greatness"! God bless Africa!
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by babwilms(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2006
May God bless Africa.

I think this continent can only be great if everyone does what is expected of them, use whatever skills or education to better the life of others. Does who are in the position of authority to start doing what is expected of them and please we should be contented with our achievement but still strive for better and stop criticising everything. Also we should stick to our culture and maybe borrow a bit of the western culture to better ours while still sticking to basics of our culture. I'm sure you all know what i mean. Don't borrow the stupuid ones such as eg homosexuals, divorce, women paying to marry men, women not been submissive to their husband, adultery and fornication.

I still think things have gone too bad to make this continent great again but we can still work toward it but can never reach its height again.
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by Seun(m): 12:38pm On May 04, 2006
See, let's not just think of ourselves alone
You can take a horse to the stream, but you can't force it to drink water. If the people of Africa don't want to progress, you can't force them. You can try to educate them, but the rest is left for them. It is not a good idea in life for your happiness to depend on other peoples' choices. Let your hapiness depend on your own choices.
Re: Can't Wait To See The Re-emergence Of African Civilization! by Davo93(m): 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
glamrocka: God bless Africa indeed. smiley

I share some of your sentiments, but i fear things have changed too much for this to happen. well this might sound so cliche' but i always say it starts from every individual, unless there is individual reflection and change , any struggle to change collectively will eventually be hampered by the very same individuals.
I totally agree with you.

(1) (Reply)

Do Student Loans Exist In Nigeria? / Jamb Real Date Splash / Is It True? Nigerians Spend A Billion Dollars On School Fees In Ghana Yearly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.