Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,299 members, 7,940,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? (13289 Views)

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament / Top 50 Richest Football Player In The World In 2013 / The Only NIGERIAN Player To Have Played In Real Madrid... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2008
up in contention is kayode adejayi, i think he deserve a call up, also no one should forget our goal keeper austin ejide, he is just brilliant, absolute brilliant.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by asabi(f): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2008
UP KANU NWANKWO
HE IS THE BEST PLAYER SO FAR IN EUROPE,COS HE HAS WON ,NATIONS CUP,PRERMIERSHIP,CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND SOME OTHER LEAGUES,SO MY VOTE FOR KANU .
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by icezik1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2008
@asabi

It's obvious you don't watch football for you to suggest that Kanu is the best. Absolute Rubbish!

Mikel and Yakubu, in that order, still rule.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by xJaysonx(m): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2008
Anybody who doesn't agree is Yakubu should go jump in the lagoon.

I don't know why some peeps kill themselves. It's gatta be Yakubu. That guy is one of the hottest striker in the premiership.

It is not a fight or something, we just have to be happy the Nigerian is performing well. Simple.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by holythug(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
i prefer uche
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by dominique(f): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2008
yeah but YAKUBU is better, from julius berger to haccabi to pompey to 'boro' now everton, he dey kampe, just what arsenal needs now.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by dominique(f): 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2008
J UNIT:

up in contention is kayode adejayi, i think he deserve a call up, also no one should forget our goal keeper austin ejide, he is just brilliant, absolute brilliant.
you mean odejayi, he aight. and ejide, what club in europe does ejide play for? so hes not in contention.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by ayettymama(f): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
mikel i ooooogly!!!!! grin
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by get2bboy(m): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2008
Yak is The Best Nigeria Player In Europe,
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 10:18am On Mar 27, 2008
ejide plays in bastia.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by tosinadeda: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2008
Odejayi ko odejayi ni
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by cooljoe(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2008
It's Yakubu Aiyebgeni.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by karfe(m): 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2008
From these posts, Yakubu carries the day, although I believe he's not the most popular person in Nigeria right now. Its good that we can also mention 5 others who Nigerians can be proud of at the moment (Uche, Mikel, Odenwinge, Yobo and Taiwo). It gives me a little hope for the future of the Super Eagles. Odejayi's goal against Chelsea was only his second for the season, and I do not think it qualifies him to get a Super Eagles call-up
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2008
J UNIT:

Kayode my foot!
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2008
From recent research I found out that Kanu is still the best
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwankwo_Kanu#Awards
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by MP007(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2008
Yakubu ayebegbeni, the guy is always on 10 ten plays on espn, wo!
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2008
kanu has done well for nigeria, if this thread was for the best all time nigerian player, then i would give it to him, but as for the current nigerian best player in europe, only on man desrves it, one great man,JOHN UTAKA.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by babaogun(m): 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2008
Yakubu has been best African striker over 6years in premiership in terms of finishing, he's got pace, power, ability to distract/pull out defenders.
He can play upfront alone and alongside a fellow striker, he can play outside the box, got some finesse, drives a Range Rover sport.
He can speak English, lets be serious, in all aspects, he seems to hold his head high. he seems young, less than 30.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2008
what does english have to do with soccer? anyway, everuyone is lways talking about strikers when it comes to best players, but no one talks about, our rock, the man at the back,mr nigeria himself, joseph yobo, that guy is just outstanding, hardly puts a foot wrong.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2008
babaogun:

Yakubu has been best African striker over 6years in premiership in terms of finishing,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiyegbeni_Yakubu#Statistics

Sounds like the truth, but have you considered Eto'o, drogba and
kanute
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by holythug(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
dason4life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiyegbeni_Yakubu#Statistics

Sounds like the truth, but have you considered Eto'o, drogba and
kanute

u need slaps, i mean multiple slaps didnt u read d topic angry
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by charleyb: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2008
I'll go for the likes of Mikel, Makinwa and Kanu. There'r players to be reckoned with.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by namski(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2008
Na una know. To me o, the best player na Julius Aghahowa of Wigan Athletic.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2008
makinwa? agahowa? people! are we watching the same soccer here?
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by namski(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2008
Infact the best player now in Shittu. Wha da ya mean!
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by pocoapoco: 12:44am On Apr 01, 2008
u are talking about yak is the best player and u are talking about mikel is a benchwarmer.can i compare everton and chelsea together,and if yak come to chelsea to play,can yak make chelsea 1st team or reserve bench.But if mikel go to everton he will make everton 1st team,that is the way u will need to look at it,
yak is not a player or striker but he is a scorer and he can only do the finished job they have done already that need someone to push it inside the NET.
Everybody that is shouting Yak,think deeply can u pick yak as chelsea 1st or can u pick mikel as everton 1st,THAT IS ANOTHER TOPIC TO THINK OF NOW,
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by JUNIT1(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2008
yak would wasil fit in the chelsea squad
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by rasputinn(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2008
None of them has shown that consistent outstanding performance I usually look out for before making calls like this
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by rasputinn(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2008
pocoapoco:

u are talking about yak is the best player and u are talking about mikel is a benchwarmer
yak is not a player or striker but he is a scorer and[b] he can only do the finished job they have done already that need someone to push it inside the NET[/b].
Everybody that is shouting Yak,think deeply can u pick yak as chelsea 1st or can u pick mikel as everton 1st,THAT IS ANOTHER TOPIC TO THINK OF NOW,

Per the highlighted portion, grin grin grin grin grin

Come to think of it now that you mentioned it
Why are there no Nigerians(Mikel aside) in the top flight teams in Europe.
Ivory coast,Togo,Mali Senegal an even Angola all have one or more players in Arsenal,Chelsea,Sevilla,Real Madrid and Man U.
Even if you go to Italy's seria A,you wont find Nigerian players in either of AC/Inter Milan,As Roma or Juve.
Neither are they visible in the top Bundes Liga teams,Bayen Munchen or Leverkusen.

Any more questions as to why they performed abysmally in Ghana.
I think our eagles are really over rated
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by 9ja4eva: 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2008
kanu
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by LAXIST(m): 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2008
Surprised dat even ladies know much about soccer.
Re: The Best Nigerian Player In Europe? by skiboy: 12:09am On Apr 07, 2008
i prefered yakubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi Wins Leicester Young Player Of The Season Award / Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana / Rachel Bakam Leads The Nigerian Water Ski And Wakeboard Federation In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.