Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,441 members, 7,968,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:59 PM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24990 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by gulfer: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
I blame our president, governors, MDs etc grin Seriously, we have a team in transition.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by rareman(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
though this is not d super eagles we use to know (1994 era), I can say there is a resemblance of that in their formation and spacing) now this is not taking away the fact that d team lack character. The fullbacks are still learning the rudiments of the game. Oh my dear yobo you were just a shadow of yourself, no authority, no fight, no teeth, nothing to show us you are in the team not to talk of commanding the team.
The only fighter we had in that defence turned out to be a hatchet man (is it fegor now the guy pairing with yobo at the center) given his experience he tried.
I see no much problem with our mid field and the attacking line up only that they look more like they are testing the AFCON field.
Overall if our defence had stamped their authority like their opponent it would have been a different result. (my opinions though)
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Sure, but Nigerians deserved five yellows including a red card? Burkina Faso not a single booking? Even Catalonia, with Puyol and co were booked several times against the SE but it was Burkina Faso that was 'perfectly clean' in your eyes?

DUMMY. NO WONDER WE'RE ALWAYS CHEATED BY REFS. OUR PEOPLE ARE TOO TIMID TO RAISE THEIR VOICE IN OBJECTION, INSTEAD PRETENDING 'ALL IS WELL'.

Cousin, I told you earlier to please respect the manner in which you speak to me. You've called me a blind bat, this and that; now I am a dummy.

ARE YOU FU*KING MAD?! YOU FU*KING TW@T. YOU'RE A DEMENTED C*NT. Get the f*ck over yourself, b*tch. You narrow-minded a**wipe. You've been saying the same sh*t over and over again. Get a grip. No one gives a rat's a** what you think. "Referee this, referee that". You sound like an attention-seeking wh*re and if you think you'd use me as a scapegoat to make a point or feel good with yourself then you must know you hit on the wrong person.

I told you politely to mind your language but you obviously enjoy rambling like a crackhead. You're a b*tch. You can't present an opinion coherently and moderately, you FU*KING C*UNT.

"We're all blind to this...that...we're all acting like gentlemen...the referee was biased against Nigeria...we're always cheated by the ref...blah...blah"... It's a game of football BI*TCH, NOT A POLITICAL UPRISING. GET THE F*CK OVER YOURSELF. BETTER YET, GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE.

PUNK B*TCH.

I swear, DO NOT even think about pissing me off any further because nairaland wouldn't accommodate my anger & madness with your stupid f*cking thick skull.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by dearfriend: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
I blame PHCN. anytime we no get light take watch match, we must loose the game!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by omanzo02: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
GUN_SLINGER:

U ungrateful baboon looking child of a BOKO HARAM p/r/i/c/k at least u watch da match cuz most of ur people in BOKOGERIA where looking for generator whilst da match was in progress. Alata eeediot why don't u go back to ur so call giANT of Africa. grin grin grin angry grin angry grin grin angry angry cheesy angry

Seem a Nigerian took your girlfriend/wife from u?, right Ghanaman?.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by blackbeau1(f): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
After you all,have said your bit,I'll say mine.I blame MOI(myself) for watching grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by ogoplus: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
dearfriend: I blame PHCN. anytime we no get light take watch match, we must loose the game!

My guy... you funny die!

But we no loose na draw we draw.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by dabossman(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Who do I blame now? Let me see...

Yes, I blame all those who keep saying a country of 160 million people should be able to produce 23 players to win every tournament. By that logic India, China and even the USA should be the worlds best footballing teams.

Abeg, what is the population of Spain sef? tongue
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by talktimi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
I blame GEJ and Fashola undecided
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Limaoscar: 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
1.Uche (Selfish play and wasteful finish)
2. Uche (Selfish play and wasteful finish)
2. Uche (Losing the ball in a casual pass that led to the counter attack which ultimately resulted in the goal from BF)
3. Yobo (giving the ball away in vital areas ...poor passes, poor Judgement, poor leadership)
4. Ambrose (Acting un-professional and need-less tackle after receiving a 1st yellow....)
5. Big Boss (Because He 's the coach and the bulk scretches to a stop with him)
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by phreakabit(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
[size=18pt]You are one man down, and leading with a lone goal, with a little over 40 seconds to go. . . . . Yet you play counter-attacking football, rather than defend!

Sums up the coach's coaches technical proficiency. [/size]
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: I blame GEJ. The Super Eagles weren't bad in the days of late Abacha, so what is his excuse? tonguetongue tonguecheesy

What about the days of OBJ?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Ebubejesus(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: now your point is beginning to make sense.. The pitch was bad? Yes! The referee was bias? Yes! And our captain kept quite? Yes! Keshi couldn't pass instructions to his boys at the closing minutes? Yes! What else? Overall, the team is good but Keshi needs to step up his game, yobo needs to act like a Captain
BENNYRAZ, U VE SAID IT ALL. iNFACT I LUV THE WAY U POINTED OUT THE FACT.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Chuksgeo: 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Keshi deserve to go, I bet Nigerians, he did not constructively blend the super chickens sorry super eagles I mean to type well with the experienced players. Keshi must go period!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
supremebeing09:

Cousin, I told you earlier to please respect the manner in which you speak to me. You've called me a blind bat, this and that; now I am a dummy.

ARE YOU FU*KING MAD?! YOU FU*KING TW@T. YOU'RE A DEMENTED C*NT. Get the f*ck over yourself, b*tch. You narrow-minded a**wipe. You've been saying the same sh*t over and over again. Get a grip. No one gives a rat's a** what you think. "Referee this, referee that". You sound like an attention-seeking wh*re and if you think you'd use me as a scapegoat to make a point or feel good with yourself then you must know you hit on the wrong person.

I told you politely to mind your language but you obviously enjoy rambling like a crackhead. You're a b*tch. You can't present an opinion coherently and moderately, you FU*KING C*UNT.

"We're all blind to this...that...we're all acting like gentlemen...the referee was biased against Nigeria...we're always cheated by the ref...blah...blah"... It's a game of football BI*TCH, NOT A POLITICAL UPRISING. GET THE F*CK OVER YOURSELF. BETTER YET, GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE.

PUNK B*TCH.

I swear, DO NOT even think about pissing me off any further because nairaland wouldn't accommodate my anger & madness with your stupid f*cking thick skull.

Na so. Knockout punch in your face ROSSIKE or whatever your name is.Rosicky maybe.Now crawl back in your hole and stop being disrespectful..
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Attitude22: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think the Blue jersey of our Goal Keeper(Vincent Enyeama) that brought bad omen to the super eagle yesterday. Blue jersey should be avoided in our subsequent match in other to perform well, in other to win the trophy as pronounced by the Father of Creation Satguru Maharaj Ji.
For the players, The Satguru, divinely counselled that “Throughout the duration of the tournament, the players and their handlers must not smoke or drink any form of alcohol. They should stay away from women and the hotel where they are lodged should be a no-go area and hence out of bounds for all visitors.”
Satguru Maharaj Ji further explained that the whole idea is to ensure that all the energies of Nigeria’s ambassadors to the tournament are channelled in one direction throughout the tournament, because in such a state or purity of the body, mind and soul, the grace of the Chukwujekukuku power of Maharaj Ji, will touch the team to run at the speed of light, faster than any team in the world.
The Satguru went further to urge Nigerians to feel happy and be merry while the song on the lips of all Nigerians during each encounter should be “Show Your wonders (3 times); Maharaj Ji, You are the One.” We have given them a minimum of 3 goals for each match. In case of any difficulties during the match, the song should be changed to “Baba Do Am For Us.”
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by camelus: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
I blame Efe Ambrose;the tackle that led to his first yellow card wasn't necesssary cos it was @ mid field with two of Nigerian player closing on the Opponent yet he went ahead with his tackle besides d 2nd yellow was due to unwarranted tackle again on Opponent @ touch line
I blame Yobo cos he did not do Captain job when it was clear that Referee was bias,Mikel should be made Captain as he played the role in the match
Keshi too will take part of it as he is supposed τ̅☺ instruct thee Players τ̅☺ be knocking thee ball while time elapses,it was clear that Emenike was neva tired so he would have removed Nosa and bring in Uche cos Nosa was no more ind game
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Ibaku(m): 12:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Oh....I blame my self o ! When I should have kept my self happy watching a replay of chelsea vs arsenal !!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by olly4life: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2013
I blame Minister of Sport 4 not probing d team selected by Keshi. Y shld he drop player scoring & doing great in their team(Osaze, Obafemi etc)@ d expense of bench warmer(hmmmmnnn)

Naija I blame U̶̲̥̅̊ all too 4 allowing ur government to toil with d greatest game that unite U̶̲̥̅̊ all. Y on earth will naija not able to watch the tournament on local stations & U̶̲̥̅̊ av a SA coy that is beaming it live in ur country. That's why I like d Military guys, they would av ask d coy to ensure all naija get to watch d matches or else they clamp down on dere coy. Its a slap on d ANT of Africa o. Una no get team o. Zambia will wallop una o
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by segxyrema: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2013
Nigeria coach lack the technicality on scoring tactics and end time defensive tactics
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by babyboy3(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2013
We blamed the ref for loosing to Cameroun at the 1984 Nations cup in Abijan

We blamed the ref again for loosing to Cameroun at the 1988 Nations cup in Casablanca

We blamed the ref for loosing to USSR at the 1987 Under 17 World Cup in Canada (Despite Age cheating)

We blamed the ref for loosing to Cameroun at the 2000 Nations cup in Lagos

We blamed the ref for loosing to Argentina at the 1994 world cup in Chicago

The main fact here is that we have never taking responsibility of our actions pointing fingers is in most peoples DNA (ROSSIKE). The team Nigeria played is a team Nigeria could beat even with 10 men, 60 sec to go you keep the ball, but no the team went for glory and Coco the Clown (Keshi) didnt pass any instruction, we went a man down, instead of shoring up the defence we were open like a 7/11 shop. I believe we made the same mistake against Italy at the 1994 World, instead keeping the ball Eguavon wanted to dribble out of the defence and Gbam Baggio scored.

in 2008 Ghana went a man down with a goal down still came back and beat us.... Yeah we blamed the ref
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by dearfriend: 10:32am On Jan 23, 2013
ogoplus: My guy... yoou funny die! But we no loose na draw we draw.

you look that our draw well so say loosing no beta pass am? 90mins wey i for take do beta tin!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by webmanlag: 11:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Keshi + the players of course. The man just showed his lack of depth. Bringing on an extra defender when Ambrose was sent off
was good, but he should have warned them about losing the ball unnecessarily. I think maybe only FC Barcelona will play like the Eagles
did in the dying minutes, trying to score another goal.

In Football, it's not over till the man in black whistles. Let us see if they can bounce back against the defending champions
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by babyboy3(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
webmanlag: Keshi + the players of course. The man just showed his lack of depth. Bringing on an extra defender when Ambrose was sent off
was good, but he should have warned them about losing the ball unnecessarily. I think maybe only FC Barcelona will play like the Eagles
did in the dying minutes, trying to score another goal.

In Football, it's not over till the man in black whistles. Let us see if they can bounce back against the defending champions

You couldnt put it any better, Burkina was there for the taking but we were lumping hopeful balls in the box, yes we score from one, we gave the ball away, and Keshi did nothing....then we went a man down and instead of been compact we were all over the place, trying to score another goal... then we have a professional defender trying to do a "Johan Cruyff" in the penalty box!!!! (Proper Head's Gone moment)

Lesson one as a defender is to clear your lines.... the ball should have been booted 60 yards into the crowd..... This is were I we miss Shittu!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by phreakabit(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
phreakabit: [size=18pt]You are one man down, and leading with a lone goal, with a little over 40 seconds to go. . . . . Yet you play counter-attacking football, rather than defend!

Sums up the coach's coaches technical proficiency. [/size]

[size=14pt]MY QUOTE FROM 3 DAYS AGO. TALK ABOUT DEJA VU.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African / Manchester United Go The Entire Season Without An Away Defeat / Uncertainty Rocks N’golo Kante New Role: Questions On Chelsea Fans Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.