Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed (1616 Views)

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by pafestula(m): 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pls auto gurus enlighting
me on VW Jetta 2002, am hearing alot
about it, and my sister who just got
employ recently is planning to aquire one,
and I dont know much about the pros
and cons of that car. Pls from experience
let me be convinced on what to tell her..
People told her that electrical fault is
common to the said car, while some told
me that its transmission issues, so she is
thinking of 1999 Camry LE V4 auto. VS
2002 Jetta V4 auto. Thanks
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ Who are the "people" that say the Volkswagen Jetta is prone to "electrical faults"? I would ask them to expand on that, because they're being so vague, that right now, they're saying nothing.

My sister runs a 2000 VW Bora 2,0L which she's owned since around 2002/3. It has covered over 275,000 miles (445,500 kms) and apart from the usual service items, has had 1 coilpack, and aircon fan blower.

Nothing else has gone wrong with it.
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by pafestula(m): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thanks in bunch sir.. Am grateful.. Many negatives stuff we re hearing about the Jetta, Golf 4 and Boras.. Even passat fsi.. Only God knows where they got their facts from!
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by oblo(m): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
angryMe sef dey alwaz wonder where the hatred for my beloved vw start from sef! Imagine ppl who havnt driven a vw givin advise on hearsay! Owned a golf 3 for over 3 years and apart from shocks nd normal service,. Yea one alternator replacement and compressor wch to me are consumables notin else I did! And I still sold @ 300k! So where is the love? Currently own a 2000 jetta!
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by tigerleggs(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
oblo: angryMe sef dey alwaz wonder where the hatred for my beloved vw start from sef! Imagine ppl who havnt driven a vw givin advise on hearsay! Owned a golf 3 for over 3 years and apart from shocks nd normal service,. Yea one alternator replacement and compressor wch to me are consumables notin else I did! And I still sold @ 300k! So where is the love? Currently own a 2000 jetta!
i am planning to buy vw passat 2000, but a fellow nairalander advised me run away, based on his personal expirence. My wiki search shows that passat, jetta and bora are almost the same. I also need fhemmy and sienna to confirm this b/4 i go for it.

1 Like

Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 23, 2013
tigerleggs: i am planning to buy vw passat 2000, but a fellow nairalander advised me run away, based on his personal expirence. My wiki search shows that passat, jetta and bora are almost the same. I also need fhemmy and sienna to confirm this b/4 i go for it.

A 2000 model year Volkswagen Passat is very different from the Volkswagen Jetta / Bora. The Passat is based upon the Audi A4 / A6, so has the engine and transmission mounted North>South, while the Jetta and Bora (which are the same care) have the engine and transmission mounted East>West.

Very little mechanically is shared between the Passat and Jetta. If both cars have I4 engines (1,6 - 2,0) then engine parts will be interchangeable. If they are V6, then they share nothing in common. The Passat will have a traditional 90 degree V6, while the Jetta will have the narrow angle 15 degree VR6.

Suspension parts are also different between both cars.

There's nothing wrong with the Passat. The only issue is bad mechanics, who have no business swinging a spanner near a wheelbarrow. I would advise you ask your friend (who adviced you to run away) what went wrong with HIS own car. Simply saying "run away" is extremely vague, and tells you nothing.
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by tigerleggs(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2013
Siena:

A 2000 model year Volkswagen Passat is very different from the Volkswagen Jetta / Bora. The Passat is based upon the Audi A4 / A6, so has the engine and transmission mounted North>South, while the Jetta and Bora (which are the same care) have the engine and transmission mounted East>West.

Very little mechanically is shared between the Passat and Jetta. If both cars have I4 engines (1,6 - 2,0) then engine parts will be interchangeable. If they are V6, then they share nothing in common. The Passat will have a traditional 90 degree V6, while the Jetta will have the narrow angle 15 degree VR6.

Suspension parts are also different between both cars.

There's nothing wrong with the Passat. The only issue is bad mechanics, who have no business swinging a spanner near a wheelbarrow. I would advise you ask your friend (who adviced you to run away) what went wrong with HIS own car. Simply saying "run away" is extremely vague, and tells you nothing.
Very educating. Thanks a lot
Re: 2002 Vw Jetta V4 Auto Vs 1999 Camry Le Pls Advise From Experience Is Needed by kuntash: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
pafestula: Many negatives stuff we re hearing about the Jetta, Golf 4 and Boras.. Even passat fsi..

May those Negative stuff continue to linger O!!!! indeed it drives down the prices while some of us keep on enjoying them lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Met The Devil Himself On 4 Wheels / Hyundai Accent 2012 - 2014/15 Models / Chevrolet Aveo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.