Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,331 members, 7,937,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

If Your Mama Decides To Leave! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Mama Decides To Leave! (2334 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? / If Your Mama Never Do This To You,then Ur Childhood Wasn't Complete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
kiss seriously
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by brownsilk(f): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2008
R-Dynamite:

What are we even talking about here? There's what they call "being fed up". May be your Mom has been enduring a lot and has finally been pushed to the wall. If she wants to leave let her leave. You don't know what the woman is going through. Not all mothers share everything with their children even as much as they're "close".

My Mom till date is still holding back a confession about her marriage. I understand her perfectly. We children can't know everything about our parents tho' we're so "close" to them.

It's only fair to try to make them reconcile but ermmm. . if ain't working then let them be. They both know what's up.

You stop trying to choke her with your "love". Woman needs a break or a leave entirely.

How will you feel if your parents were forcing you to stay in an agony infected marriage? Would you stay because you so "love" them ? I for one, WON'T! My peace and sanity is all I desire.

You should be thankful that she didn't leave when she had to wipe your dirty a$$. You're grown so give her the support she needs. The poor woman knows where it hurts. Period.

Or better still, take her for "deliverance" because she's not allowed/supposed to leave a miserable marriage.

thanks, but i don't buy that idea, they said i do to each other at the alter, before God, whatever their case is, they have to go back to God to resolve it, am grateful to ma mama, but i wont let her go, her place is with us, with her husband. 24years or 100 years, they should be together till death,  i can understand minds and mentalities are different, u might do so when u are in this kind of situation, but i wont,

AND PLEASE, ITS NOT A MISERABLE MARRIAGE OK, I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM ALL MY LIFE, EVEN IF You THINK I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING THAT TRANSPIRES BTW THEM, IT WAS NEVER A MISERABLE ONE.

thanks but i think i have heard enough advice AS TO LET THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO.

i don't need anymore advice.
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2008
Rofl grin
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by brownsilk(f): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
whatever girl, not funny at all
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 7:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
yea it is.

dont ask for advice if you wnat it to only be what you want to hear

I told you to ask your mom what she meant by "beyond my control", you ignored me. So Im just gonna laugh instead
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by brownsilk(f): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2008
sure u can go ahead, am not stoppin you, u are not involved, u can say whatever u like, its a free world, but u are goin to seek for an advice one day, and i guess u already know what u are goin to get, not from me though.

have a lovely day smiley
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2008
On Nairaland? Never.

Anyway you are obviously you are an ungrateful person anyway. Ciao wink
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by amsky(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ D-reloaded

grin grin grin grin

Why are you laughing D-reloaded Pls be nice o jare ah-ah.
I'll call PLC your good friend for you O!!!! cheesy

@ brownsilk

Dont get worked up my dear. Calm down okay. I hope things are good with your folks now. You see, when you seek advice,you get all sorts. This is nairaland,so expect the unbelievable. Do not expect to hear words that will sound like musical tunes to your ears. Everyone will tell you what he/she deems right. That is nothing to get worked up over yeah. kiss
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Radiant(f): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2008
An advice shouldn't be what you want to hear otherwise you have the answer to your problem. Everyone gives his opinion, you weigh them and decide which you choose.

Don't be upset. (It's Dynamite grin)
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by bawomolo(m): 5:39am On Mar 07, 2008
stay out of grown folks business. u should be grateful they raised u well. maybe ur mum is just fed up. have u bothered to ask your mom why she is living. maybe ur father is a picece of shit
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by fkay(f): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
I feel she just needs to take sometime off, both parties might just have
taken each other for granted one way or the other. There are times u just feel u
need some air, all u can do is pray for them cos her staying at home because u want her to
doesn't mean she's happy there.

1 Like

Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
Radiant:

An advice shouldn't be what you want to hear otherwise you have the answer to your problem. Everyone gives his opinion, you weigh them and decide which you choose.

Exactly. Im actually rtrying to help the ungrateful runt. Her mother's comment is "it's beyond my control", says alot and instead of her to try to find out what her mom meant by that, she's getting mad at others
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2008
lets look at it this way. . .

a couple get married and  have kids. a few years into the marriage, one or both of them realise, for whatever reason that it was a mistake. it could be for any reason; infidelity, incompatibility, whatever. but for the sake of the children - since studies[b] indicate[/b] that single parent households/ broken homes have an adverse effect on childrens emotional, spiritual academic etal development, they decide to manage/cope with  each other so their children can become fully developed independent, unfked up adults.

now the children are adults , working, independent. . . why carry on with the charade?the main objective has been achieved. why carry on in a house that is not a home?

@ poster , how selfish can you be? your mother put up for 24 years in a marriage for your sake, so you could be a better person. why don't you grow up and be that better person, instaed of carrying on like a selfish, spoiled brat who expects parents to continue making sacrifices for him/her until they die. allow your mother to have some peac of mind in the remaining years she has on earth. if your mother was like you, she would have put her happiness over yours and called it quits some 20 years ago, and maybe you'd be like a lot of the numbnuts we see on nairaland, posting rubbish.

amsky:

@ D-reloaded

grin grin grin grin

Why are you laughing D-reloaded  Please be nice o jare ah-ah.
I'll call PLC your good friend for you O!!!! cheesy

yes o. make we see more er. . .D-unloaded shocked  shocked  shocked  grin

1 Like

Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Dreloaded(f): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
preach on tongue
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Scarlett(f): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
This has gone really far, Brownsilk you know best whats going on
Nobody can find out what the root of the problem is, If your mum
decides to go, No one can stop her, its her choice and she is a free woman
not a slave. Just go on and try to live your life
smiley smiley smiley
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by Radiant(f): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2008
A woman who wants to leave her marriage after 24 years says a lot about that marriage. "it's beyond me" who makes such a statement if the marriage ain't miserable? *roll eyes*

Oyb, ose jare wink
Re: If Your Mama Decides To Leave! by tulk2mi: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2008
@ Post
We all love our parents n our last wish is to c them break up. If Children had their way their would be no broken homes.

But my dear u need to wake up n c things the way they really r? Ur mother has stayed for 24yrs, during that time did she need u or ur siblings to work out the differences she had with ur dad?

Most pple say their parents her happy 2gether d fact that they smile at each other wen pple r around does not make them happy. Most marriages r endured for the usual reason for the sake of the children, cos the bible does not support divorce Do u know if she has been unhappy all d while n stay 4 u n ur siblings?come to think of it ur dad does not seem upset by her decision to leave, u neva said his being trying to convince her to stay, which means its cool.
wouldnt u rather be happy dat they r happy apart than be unhappy 2gether. u shoould help ur mum get past this cos trust me she didnt wake 2day 2 take dat decision n its also difficult 4 her.

tryooooo but if e no work just stand by her ok lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man With 86 Wives Disappears / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men / Hilarious Photos Of What Could Happen When You Let Dad Care For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.