Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,198 members, 7,884,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos (2482 Views)

Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Photo Of An Overloaded Vehicle In Plateau State / Bus Carrying Wedding Guests Crashes Into Military Armoured Vehicle In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos by ade2008(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
I just bought a car and i need to obtain a registration no. People have been advising me, to obtain Lagos no, even though i reside in Ogun State. im somehow confused.Why should i obtain Lagos no since i reside in Ogun, A friend said if i have Lagos no, ive the advantage of travelling to anywhere through out the country even Abuja, and that some state no cannot enter ABUJA. Though i dont intend travelling with the car outside Ogun State for now, but why is it that is only some certain state vehicle registeration no that can travel anywhere , or enter Abuja. I need someone to explain this to me.
NOTE: im concern about private vehicle owner
Re: Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos by Ikenna351(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Which planet did your friend dropped from?

Please you can register your vehicle in any state and drive to any part of the country with any state number plate.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos by aieromon(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ikenna351: Which planet did your friend dropped from?

Please you can register your vehicle in any state and drive to any part of the country with any state number plate.

Ikenna.

The OP has a point. The Lagos number plate confers some form of belonging whenever such a car enters any state in Nigeria. People dont get to stop you as often as they would other number plates.

The few companies I work with prefer to register all their cars in Lagos even when 90% of them would not be used in Lagos. I asked and that was the explanation given to me. I have a friend that has also been harassed without cogent reasons just because of his Katsina number plate while driving in Abuja,Benin and Lagos. They class his number as a JJC and raise all forms of issues with the car.

The officials that harass such cars are the police,FRSC,local government area boys and VIOs.
Re: Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos by ade2008(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ikenna351: Which planet did your friend dropped from?

Ikenna.

One thing ive also observed is that most new cars in Ogun State carry lagos no. Hardly you will see new car that have ogun no. This new trend is not even as a result of cost of registering a vehicle, bec its cheaper to obtain OG no than Lagos no
Re: Why Do Non Lagosian Prefer To Register Their Vehicle In Lagos by sam1dot2: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
aieromon:

The OP has a point. The Lagos number plate confers some form of belonging whenever such a car enters any state in Nigeria. People dont get to stop you as often as they would other number plates.

The few companies I work with prefer to register all their cars in Lagos even when 90% of them would not be used in Lagos. I asked and that was the explanation given to me. I have a friend that has also been harassed without cogent reasons just because of his Katsina number plate while driving in Abuja,Benin and Lagos. They class his number as a JJC and raise all forms of issues with the car.

The officials that harass such cars are the police,FRSC,local government area boys and VIOs.

It is true every Lagos plate number (State of Excellence) is a resident number in all the state of the federation (Nigeria) while other state plate number apart from the state where the vehicle is, is a stranger in that state.
I was traveling with IMO plate number I got to Benin one traffic police jumped into my front on sighting my plate number and said, he stopped me I did not stop. Just because my plate number is new in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Any Difference Between VIN And Chassis Number? / My Ordeal With The Nigerian Policemen / Why Are There Many Registered Honda Baby Boy For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.