Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:39 AM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20397 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan: . . . . I dont have much respect for people who egg on atheists insulting the intelligence of christians then try to pull the moral card once they get a taste of their own medicine. . .

+1000000

This is something I detest thoroughly especially when done by people claiming to be some sort of "Christian"! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

Now it is debatable when Christians became known as such. Where they seen as a branch of Judaism or christians? this point is not very clear. The reason why one could focus on Constantine as the progenitor of Christianity is that At the Conference of Nicea in 325 AD, he structured the doctrine and decided what is right or wrong for modern day Christians. The Christ. I know was a prince of peace and hated vulgarity but you seem to have a different philosophy about that and it is ok but I won't slide into the mud with you.

It is only in "debate" in your little mind. As at the time of Paul and co when they were first called Christians in Antioch, emperor Claudius was on the throne (rough estimate since Nero was the one who was violent towards the growing christian sect in Rome)... which would place that at about 45-53 AD.

Emperor Constantine was born in 272 AD.

You should learn to read first before copying wikipedia for us here.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Wrong! Constantine did not 'structure' anything. He called a conference and left the Christians to sort things out among themselves.

In any event, Christians were known as Christians long before Constantine!

Anyone heard of Antioch? smiley

There arethose Nigerians that just think their own (mis)understanding of the Bible is sacrosanct ala Ihedinobibut this an issue for another day. nevertheless, the people who edited the Bible in Nicea in 325 AD could not have succeeded without Constantine who had absolute power. As the convener of the conference, he could have just simply vetoed anything which he did any way. Do you know that Mary Magdalene and Thomas had Gospels? At the conference many other gospels were burnt because they did not fit into the agenda.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
^^^ Who edited the Bible in Nicea?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: Go figure

ok? so you dont really know? grin you just ran here pulling up your huggies and made such a whooper? cheesy
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

There those Nigerians that just think their own understanding of the Bible is sacrosanct ala Ihedinob but this an issue for another day. nevertheless, the people who edited the Bible in Nicea in 325 AD could not have succeeded without Constantine who had absolute power. As the convener of the conference, he could have just simply vetoed anything which he did any way. Do you know that Mary Magdalene and Thomas had Gospels? At the conference many other gospels were burnt because they did not fit into the agenda.

But why do people say such wholly ignorant rubbish as these?

To use technical parlance, this quoted post is absolute bollocks?

Which people were burnt at the Nicene conference?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

There arethose Nigerians that just think their own (mis)understanding of the Bible is sacrosanct ala Ihedinobibut this an issue for another day. nevertheless, the people who edited the Bible in Nicea in 325 AD could not have succeeded without Constantine who had absolute power. As the convener of the conference, he could have just simply vetoed anything which he did any way. Do you know that Mary Magdalene and Thomas had Gospels? At the conference many other gospels were burnt because they did not fit into the agenda.

I dont understand... the people who wrote the books that are in the bible today didnt need the veto of the Roman empire. These books were in wide circulation in the church already.

Care to provide proof that constantine EDITED the bible?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

Bros... infact ehn. cheesy
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

Just do your own research please, many gospels were burnt at the treaty of Nicea. This is a truism. Please re-read my post, Idid not say people were burnt.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

ok? so you dont really know? grin you just ran here pulling up your huggies and made such a whooper? cheesy
Maybe ur life is boring so u've nt noticed, ok let me break it down for u. I'm nt intrested in talking to u anymore cos u ar a retar.d. I hope that's good enough for u.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

There arethose Nigerians that just think their own (mis)understanding of the Bible is sacrosanct ala Ihedinobi but this an issue for another day. nevertheless, the people who edited the Bible in Nicea in 325 AD could not have succeeded without Constantine who had absolute power. As the convener of the conference, he could have just simply vetoed anything which he did any way. Do you know that Mary Magdalene and Thomas had Gospels? At the conference many other gospels were burnt because they did not fit into the agenda.

Ok, dude, your evidence for that allegation?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:
Just do your own research please, many gospels were burnt at the treaty of Nicea. This is a truism. Please re-read my post, Idid not say people were burnt.

Na so!

Absolute rubbish!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: Maybe ur life is boring so u've nt noticed, ok let me break it down for u. I'm nt intrested in talking to u anymore cos u ar a retar.d. I hope that's good enough for u.

when i reply now you will start crying waa waa like a girl and omonuan will be rubbing your head and telling you pele.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ok, dude, your evidence for that allegation?

You have been making sarcastic statements rather than contribute to the debate. You even had the mendacity to refer.to someone as omodemon.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

Na so!

Absolute rubbish!

+10000000000000000000.....and as many more zeroes as that can take grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

when i reply now you will start crying waa waa like a girl and omonuan will be rubbing your head and telling you pele.

The baby on the bus goes waa waa waa . . . smiley

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

OH that's really funny, lol just joking u sound frustrated
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

Bele de pain me o..... grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

You have been making sarcastic statements rather than contribute to the debate. You even had the mendacity to refer.to someone as omodemon.

Would the "prince of peace" that you know (obviously He isnt the Christ in the gospel) call others mendacious? grin Hypocrite.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

Whether na people or na gospels, the claim is still absolute rubbish aka tosh. smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

Na so!

Absolute rubbish!

Okay dude what is rubbish? Are you saying that some gospels were not burn in Nicea? Am not sure what you are saying.
omonuan:

What "debate"? IMO there is not so much a debate here as there is a comedy of easily verifiable falsehoods from you.
omonuan:

And here I was thinking you had some real thing to say so I could correct myself. First, what debate do you mean? You think this is a debate? It's a comic session, dude! grin Second, who did I call "omodemon" and where?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

Okay dude what is rubbish? Are you saying that some gospels were not burn in Nicea? Am not sure what you are saying.

What gospels were burnt at the Nicene conference? wink
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

Would the "prince of peace" that you know (obviously He isnt the Christ in the gospel) call others mendacious? grin Hypocrite.

Mendacity is not a curse word. I am not like you who go about calling people names. You are the worst hypocrite if I might add. Your understanding of Christ teachings is different from mine and I don't think you are redeemable. Therefore, I will no longer respond to you again.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Enigma(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And here I was thinking you had some real thing to say so I could correct myself. First, what debate do you mean? You think this is a debate? It's a comic session, dude! grin Second, who did I call "omodemon" and where?

De whole thing na comedy --- baaad comedy. De comedians are poor and only funny by accident through their monumental ignorance and their comedy is no better than slapstick providing no intellectual challenge. smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

The baby on the bus goes waa waa waa . . . smiley

grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
Enigma:

De whole thing na comedy --- baaad comedy. De comedians are poor and only funny by accident through their monumental ignorance and their comedy is no better than slapstick providing no intellectual challenge. smiley

Exactly!!!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
omonuan:

Mendacity is not a curse word. I am not like you who go about calling people names. You are the worst hypocrite if I might add. Your understanding of Christ teachings is different from mine and I don't think you are redeemable. Therefore, I will no longer respond to you again.

your own interpretation my friend... calling someone mendacious is a grievous impugning of another's integrity by calling them liars. To say it is not a curse word is trying to weasel your way out of being a hypocrite. A numskull isnt a curse word either bro... its not like i called another individual a "bitch" like your little puppy damon03 did. cheesy

Bro lets be honest here... you do not understand the teachings of Christ AT ALL. If you did you would not be sitting around blabbing about Constantine.

Yeah you shld not respond to me... i'm not the type who sits here letting empty heads just post nonsense and get away with it.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
Naughty lady? *Sigh* U dont av to lie, bt I'm nt really surprised
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
Now u can go ahead and type whatever will make u sleep at night.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
I think our comics are running out of steam. Ah well, it was fun watching such arrogant ignorance while it lasted. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem / I Only Defrauded Them Of N186m – Pastor Arrested For Scamming Members Of N500m / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.