Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,321 members, 7,943,796 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! (36646 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! / Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Rasheed02(m): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2013
Ijogz K: Gay Oshi!!! If u get se.xually aroused by ordinary music videos den u av a problem and need medical attention. Even R13 muvees in d USA now have scenes with nudity..

You Berra wake up from the 19th century kinda ideas, people like u are d ones making Naija a backward nation
Oga Ade na u b real gay.ur comment portray u as a dye-in-the-wool fanatic of d west side.dnt compare d States wif naija,we v got sm cultures to respect,they v got none.dnt see me as one of those kinda Holier-Than-Thou guys.me 2 dy Bleep bt dat does nt warrant me to become indecent by publicizing it just lyk our fucking naija artistes.c'mon,are u a learner? Lez b realistic,diz guys aint doing us any gud with dia sexually explicit video,No thanks to them.Kudos to NBC for a job well done!

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by naptu2: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2013
By the way, the intention is not to prevent adults from watching them, but to prevent minors from watching them.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Artistree: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2013
Very good move by NBC...
Those Music Videos could actually make one wanna puke, aarrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Omen100(m): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well, I have no comments

but you just did... ?? undecided
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: We are actually quite liberal here. Apart from banning them from free to air stations, we don't really enforce the other laws.

Here's the way it is:

1) Sale and rental: in some jurisdictions t would be illegal to sell or rent CDs of these works to minors. There would also be a parental advisory sticker advising parents that the work contains explicit material.

2) Cinema and live shows: it would also be illegal to admit minors into cinemas, viewing centres and live shows where these works are performed or shown.

3) Pay TV: pay tv decoders must have parental control functions with which parents can block their children from viewing/listening to these works.

4) Free to air: they are banned from free to air because "papa no dey house, mama no dey house, children com watch am".

Nigeria is screwed up, laws are made but never followed.

you'd see a 12 yrs old girl/boy going to video clubs to rent movies of any grading. infact alot is just too wrong about this country.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Lero15(m): 10:08am On Jan 23, 2013
Ijogz K: Gay Oshi!!! If u get se.xually aroused by ordinary music videos den u av a problem and need medical attention. Even R13 muvees in d USA now have scenes with nudity..

You Berra wake up from the 19th century kinda ideas, people like u are d ones making Naija a backward nation
by d way, no b ORDINARY musical videos
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Zenas212(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: WTF is wrong with Alingo?
i dnt knw o. Alingo is jst a cool video anybody can watch. I hope this is not just beef
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by babysnogls: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2013
Way to go NBC!
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Tunsbobo(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
The video of Davido's GbonGbon is worse than all the songs listed here...why havn't they banned it? Hypocrites!!
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by nex(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013
It is so sad that most of these celebrities actually make videos these days with the intention of making a publicity sunt from getting banned by the NBC.

Of recent, the NBC has resorted to advising musicians to re-edit their videos in order to make it more befitting, however, things are getting worse. The truth is that it's mostly those musicians who have nothing sensible to sing that turn to the option of nudity.

My opinion though, is not for the NBC to ban, but to place a huge fine on broadcast stations.

each vulgar word - N100,000
each scene of nudity - N200,000

Banning has always been the strategy of a lazy government.

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by KINGwax(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2013

ppl like u draw us closer to immoralities in guise of civilization
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by EzePromoe: 10:14am On Jan 23, 2013
What's wrong with Alingo
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by greatgod2012(f): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2013
I just dont like d music videos.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by caesaraba(m): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2013
honeric01:

Nigeria is screwed up, laws are made but never followed.

you'd see a 12 yrs old girl/boy going to video clubs to rent movies of any grading. infact alot is just too wrong about this country.

And you'd see the guardians of such minors coming on NL to blame the government even for failing to direct their kids/younger ones.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by beylinko(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2013
D rate at which people go unclad in musical videos is alarming. If care is nt taken, in d nxt 2 yrs dey won't even wear anything. These satellite tvs no longer censor their musical videos again. U hear them calling pusie,4k n d likes anyhow. Se.X HAS BEcome d in thing in d music industry.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: WTF is wrong with Alingo?
na wetin i wan post before i saw yours. Absolutely nothing. abi who no wan learn dance ? mtcheeew. anyway dat doesn't stop me from watching Alingo.all d way.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by caesaraba(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: What's wrong with Alingo

Alingo was banned for the scene towards the end of the video where a lady was making some sexual moves on one of the P-square guys in the back of the van.
IMO, that part should be cut out so as to have the ban removed. It's a very nice video by the way.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by evanscjmac: 10:20am On Jan 23, 2013
They should go and learn from 2face
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Dina88(f): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2013
angrygud,i tink d nbc has finally wake up 4rm their sleep.

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2013
caesaraba:

And you'd see the guardians of such minors coming on NL to blame the government even for failing to direct their kids/younger ones.

This country na elele, even the western world most of these musicians copy their "acts" from have censorship in place to curb their excesses, but here in Nigeria, everything is left open in the air. one would expect a "religious country" like Nigeria to be very strict with anything that has to do with morals, but we have the opposite here.

NOGOSTC.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2013
Wendyslim: Dat better cos children do learn all manner of indiscipline from those videos. Keep it up NBC

What happened to Parental guidance control?
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by brixton: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well, I have no comments

U already commented
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by brixton: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2013
fittty: Take banana till you go yo!.... Whatever that means undecided

D'prince sucks! angry

Always Ina knack mood when I hear take banana song...D'prince rock
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by EzePromoe: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2013
caesaraba:

Alingo was banned for the scene towards the end of the video where a lady was making some sexual moves on one of the P-square guys in the back of the van.
IMO, that part should be cut out so as to have the ban removed. It's a very nice video by the way.
I thought as much. I love that video so much. But I didn't noticed that last scene, anyway they should try and cut that side off, in order to reverse the ban.
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Royalty1: Good Move by NBC. I wonder where the world is heading to if I can't sit and watch a new music video with my little kid beside me. All these musicians know nothing other than nudity, clubbing and getting high. Always smoking like they've got extra pair of lungs.
If they wish to produce semi-nude music videos, then they should make those in dvds and sell to whoever wants such. But they shouldn't come to our TV screens to show some yeye backside. angry

You can also choose to not subscribe to cable tv or tune into the stations that show these unclad dancers viewers like me are more than happy to pay to watch and in that way contributing to the entertainment economy. If you don't want to watch it, simply tune off or better still ditch ur tv! But there really is no need for this moral high ground stewing..
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by mko2005: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2013

Making naija a backward nation for banning music with obscene languages ! What's there for you or your kids to learn other than erotic dance steps and vulgar words.
May God help us
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by brixton: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: Musicians should learn to also release a "broadcast version" of the songs and videos.

There's usually the original version where the artiste expresses himself the way he wants and the broadcast version, which is shown on free to air stations.

This is because there's no way to regulate free to air stations and ensure that impressionable kids do not have access to restricted material.

Eedriss Abdulkarim's track had the original version "Oko ashewo" and the broadcast version "oko omoge".

Naughty by Nature had "Ghetto Bastard" and "Everything's gonna be alright".

We have the broadcast versions of "Gin N Juice" and "Mr Lover man", etc

Even nairaland has a word censor.

True that
Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Buzzy2020: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2013
These guys re really promotin promiscuity among d youth. Pls lets promote decency n morality as we re knwn 4 in africa.

1 Like

Re: List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! by Gozzzy(m): 10:30am On Jan 23, 2013

You dey kolo!!!! angryangryangry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners List At The MTV Africa Music Awards 2016. / Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Phenom Vs Vector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.