Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,939 members, 7,876,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38665 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by pulel(f): 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
[“You mentioned that if a Northern president is elected that this will stop, I doubt it. It is very clear now that it’s not the northern leaders that are responsible. If an Emir could be attacked, the Sultan also could be attacked. So, it’s not just a northern leader leading us; that’s not the issue. This group has its own objectives and we should be united in fighting them. Northerners and southerners should be united in fighting this evil.”

http://www.mothertessie.com/news/pulled-can-catholic-church/

[/quote]

Long live Monseigneur!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Uziehot(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kzinne: Jonathan or Abacha? Who would u pick?
abacha
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
romanlaw: THREE THINGS THAT BIND CATHOLIC CHURCH AND MOSLIMS TOGETHER :

1) THEY PRAY REPETITION PRAYER
2) THEY FOLLOW THEIR SPIRITUAL LEADERS SHEEPISHLY
3) THEY GO TO THEIR PLACE OF WORSHIP EN-MASSE
4) THEY USES CHAPLET FOR PRAYERS
5) THEY HATE OTHER RELIGIOUS OUTFIT WITH PASSION
6) THEY CAN DO ANYTHING TO DEFEND THEIR DOCTRINE......killing

And they don't dance Azonto as a form of worship.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by mankand(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
What difference does it makes??

Some bigot will come out here dancing Azonto, Etighi, Alingo or whatever. We all know the numerous surrounding the Catholic most especially the Vatican as a whole. Why pretending....... Catholic is still closer to the Government than ever............ Wake up.......Salvation is within the heart and not some white man or whatsoever....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ritux: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
THE END IS AT HAND

A pastor was traveling Last week, he saw an old man, and gave him alift. While they were going, the old man said; my son, do you knowwhat happened in Heaven last night? The pastor was so terrified andhurriedly parked and asked; Sir, are you sleeping? How did you get the information about Heaven? The Old man said; last night in Heaven God became very angry with man and asked the Angels to blow the trumpet. The angels picked up the trumpets and as they were about to blow it Jesus fell down and began to plead in tears. The blood that came out of His hands and body were very fresh. He told God that His death shouldn't be in vain. God couldn't stand the pains of the saint and the wickedness of the evil ones. So He said; "AM GIVING THEM THEIR LAST CHANCE.". Jesus then turned to the angels and...told them to move down in their numerous numbers to tell the worldthat "THE END IS NEAR, JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON". The pastor(sweating and crying) asked; sir, how did you know this?. The OLD MAN replied; I am one of the Angels sent to the World. Please use everymedium of communication to send this message. No time to waste,Please! And the old man disappeared. Brethren, this story is real,Christ is coming Soon. Please REPENT. I beg of you. Please pass thismessage round. Copy and paste it, share it, call, email and text it. PLEASE SAVE A SOUL TODAY. I Have done my part, it's now your turn to spread theGospel. No wealth can be compared to life everlasting in Heaven. DON'TIGNORE 

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever!

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donphilopus: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Error.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by blessedmayor(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses iz never part of diz CAN.suprisd Catholic pulld of too

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Natudu: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Something tells me that this Monsignor is on point. It is obvious there is a problem with the way most pentecostal churches run their business.

I wish the Anglican church will toe the same line.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by aryzgreat: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
Pygru:
Pastor Oritsejafor Emerges CAN President
ABUJA - The National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, (PFN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has emerged the new President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in an election held in Abuja.
He defeated the incumbent Most Rev. John Onaiyekan at the National Executive Committee, NEC in a keenly contested election.
Oritsejafor by this feat has become the first Pentecostal president of the 34-year old bodyof Christians in Nigeria.
Reports say that CAN presidency has rotated between the Catholic Church which had produced three presidents, the Anglican Communion and the Methodist Church Nigeria, who had one slot each.
Oritsejafor polled 66 votes while Onaiyekan garnered 38 votes to emerge winner from the 104 NEC members’ who were accredited to vote during the elections.
In preparation for the elections in June at the Electoral; College, Oritsejafor secured eight votes while the outgoing president, Most Rev.Onaiyekan and his vice president, Most Rev. Daniel Okoh had four and three votes each.
It was also learnt that with this development, Oritsejafor would be recommended to the National Assembly of CAN at the same venue for ratification as the next National President of the umbrella body of Christians in Nigeria.
It was also learnt that the ratification of Oritsejafor and his deputy would be done by simple majority votes by the representatives qualified to vote.
In his reaction, Oritsejafor attributed his victory to God who he said would also give him the needed enablement to accomplish the desires of the Christians in the country.
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/08072010/news/national/news2.html
The link above shows that Onaiyekan was defeated.

We are talking the same thing, have u refuted my claim that CAN presidency is rotated btwn catholics and protestants? Before oritsejafor was Onaiyekan then Mbang, then Onaiyekan, then Akinola etc. its like north south zoning PDP does. Onaiyekan is expected to vie with him even though he know its their turn. When it was catholic turn, mbang contested with onaiyekan and lost. Its a mutual agreement thing.

I dont like dabbling into church politics bc it brings disunity among the body of christ. BTW d news is dat they pulled at d national level but not at state level, this is simply a vote of no confidence passed by the catholic church against d leadership of CAN at the national level but nt against CAN as a union of christians. If Oritsejafor is non-partisan, he is expected to listen to voice of wisdom and stop acting like a tyrant. Being CAN president is a call to leadership and shepherding of flocks and not about politicking.

Also know that many church denominations are not members of CAN both at state and national level, eg Christ Embassy, does that not make them christians?

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by smemud(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
olede: It is too bad that at this stage christain are still worshiping islam as their gods in disguise. Have anyone see muslem mallams critising themselves on pages of newspaper as christain do. When shall all christain stop exposing themselves on pages of newspaper?
idiot
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Eneze1(f): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
stebell: Me too i'm waiting for Anglican, Methodist n Deeper Life to also pull out. Enof of all these celebrity posers com M of G

Deeperlife was never part of CAN
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
They have taken the C out of CAN. What we have now is AN ( association of Nigeria.)

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by onuwaje(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
Catholics.... I never liked them for once... If they don't want to be part then to hell wit them
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
aryzgreat:

We are talking the same thing, have u refuted my claim that CAN presidency is rotated btwn catholics and protestants? Before oritsejafor was Onaiyekan then Mbang, then Onaiyekan, then Akinola etc. its like north south zoning PDP does. Onaiyekan is expected to vie with him even though he know its their turn. When it was catholic turn, mbang contested with onaiyekan and lost. Its a mutual agreement thing.

I dont like dabbling into church politics bc it brings disunity among the body of christ. BTW d news is dat they pulled at d national level but not at state level, this is simply a vote of no confidence passed by the catholic church against d leadership of CAN at the national level but nt against CAN as a union of christians. If Oritsejafor is non-partisan, he is expected to listen to voice of wisdom and stop acting like a tyrant. Being CAN president is a call to leadership and shepherding of flocks and not about politicking.

Shalom

A million likes. It's not a "We against them" issue. It's just the rational thing to do in order to avoid more conflict.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
aryzgreat:

Also know that many church denominations are not members of CAN both at state and national level, eg Christ Embassy, does that not make them christians?

Shalom

1,000000 likes. more and more wisdom for you and your generation. iseeeee

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by HoneyPrincess(f): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
That is why in terms of unity the Muslims are far better than us Christians, its a pity. No matter d condition y can't we stay together 4 once and b determined to change Nigeria for good. Na wa oo
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by vitality22(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Glory to Jesus jare
And Honour to Mary

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
It is very unfortunate, I pray that the body of Christ will come out of these confusion strong.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by ballabriggs: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
aryzgreat:

Thirdly, u accused the catholic church of keeping mum? thats laughable! Who among the christian leaders has been more vocal than Bishop hassan kuka of sokoto Diocese, Cardinal okogie of lagos, Cardinal Onaiyekan, Monsignor Osu, d director of communication Abuja Archdioces? How can d catholic keep mum when its mostly catholic churches dat rxv boko haram attack? St Theresa Madalla and co comes to mind. My broda the security challenge at hand requires more diplomatic resolution than mere shouting and telling xtians to arm themselves, is that d teaching of Christ? U should congratulate Cardinal onaiyekan for preaching peace even in d face of provocative attack on catholic church and other xtian churches rada than igniting fire. U handle this issue with maturity else it explodes and those telling u to arm ur self will enter their private jet and fly out.

I demand apology from u for spewing lies against d church in an effort to sound smart, u short ur self on d foot bro. Peace!

O who wrote this? You deserve more than progress in your life for having an understanding of the issues.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by baby124: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nice one. Someone has to stand for truth and have a conscience in this country. Proudly Catholic. For the leadership of CAN to engage in such shameless display of unchristian like behavior. That is the height of corruption in the church, which is a product of gluttonous behavior of pentecostal churches. The catholic church has decided to not be a part of that. So be it! Good news!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
Eneze1:

Deeperlife was never part of CAN
That is not true. Initially they were not part of CAN but during African Wide Crusades organised by Deeper Life Church the church decided to join the body.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Eneze1(f): 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Trojavirus: That is not true. Initially they were not part of CAN but during African Wide Crusades organised by Deeper Life Church the church decided to join the body.

They never joined, ask around very well, Y that was done then was because there were issues regarding the venue of the crusade, please get ur facts right. thanks
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu:

Arusi, I na eje uka?

Nwanne, once in a while..
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by AKONE(m): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
caesaraba: Ah! Finally. Thank God!

Proudly Roman Catholic.

So what matters to u is the fact that u are Catholic? Denominationalism! I wonder if being a Catholic is what will take u to heaven. I do not know of any denomination like Catholic, Anglican, Baptist etc in the Bible. I may not totally disagree with their decsion but i think there are betters ways to go about it. We are one body! Catholic cannot do without others neither can others do without Catholic. Shalom.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by saymax(f): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hmmm. Something doesn't add up. Is it possible dat revolution in Nigerian churches is imminent?
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by addey(m): 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
pictures: Oritsejafor was given a jet to make his work easier at his level ,I don't
know the main reason why these people are pulling out of CAN. Nobody has showed
evidence that the jet was solely bought by the govt. Oritsejafor
has single handedly lambasted Boko Haram without fear and risking his life ,he
should be highly commended for standing for Northern christians.
Okay , they want him to carry placard and be condemning govt all the time like
Bakare. Show me the difference between now and all past govts. None.
Now that it is south's turn to rule Nigeria, they are pulling out of CAN.
If there are issues with Oritsejafor's style of leadership ,
there are proper avenue of dialogue within the ministers in CAN to settle their grievances.

Am sure you are one of Ebele's online Jobless graduates

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Limaoscar: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
who be this mumu
Who else...but You and your Roman Catholic Cult Leaders...Mschewww!!!...abeg park well jor.."yin bechis nunu"

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by laksides: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Many ☺f us don't know what the catholics knowns
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by vitality22(m): 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu:

Not materialistic indeed.
Who owns madonna university scattered all around the place? They pay more than half what convenant university pays but they are not one - third close to convenant both in structures and standard.

Oh, I forgot he runs a charity nun home! huh?
Let me quickly tell you that the owner of Madonna University, Prof Fr Emmanuel Edeh is no more a catholic priest. He ordains his own reverend fathers and sisters who the catholic church does not recognise. He can not go to a catholic church to conduct mass. Take note

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Torlark(m): 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
500 likes &thumbs up to RCM Nigeria. Voice of d voiceless . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd / Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.