Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,828 members, 7,945,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria (978 Views)

Urgent Vacancy In An Ict/telecommunication Company / Massive Recruitment At Manish Food Industries, Ogun State / Interview Questions For Oil & Gas,engineering,telecommunication And Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria by oliwaseunojo: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Spanco BPO, Kingsway Dugbe, Ibadan.
(Airtel Customer Services Provider)

This is to notify the general public that the above mentioned Organization has been in the culture of exploiting young and healthy Nigerians of their vibrant skills and knowledge in the name of providing customer services in the telecom sector of our country, whereby these young people(male and female) are being subjected to a working duration of 8hours(called logon duration) daily, excluding their brief break time, under a very harsh condition, with frequent records of casualties during working hours, all in the name of customer services, and end up going home at the end of the month with a token of N35, 000 like the case of MTN Nigeria/ CNSSL of MTN jos call centre where the call centre has been closed down since April 2012 (10 months now). Amongst these young Nigerian are Graduates, MSc. Holders, both married and single status. Yesterday being the 22nd day of January, 2013 these young individuals decided to cry out owing to an incidence which occurred during a working hours, where a call center agent by name Bamidele collapsed due to ventilation issue within the call center, and afterwards taken to the hospital and the representative of the management(HR rep) insisted she pays for the bill herself, whereby they had assured these young Nigerians of their health services provision with designated clinics/hospitals within Ibadan environs, where the agents later confirmed that Spanco BPO has not in anyway contacted these health centers for any health services provision. But the truth is that who will fight for them? Where is NCC and NLC? to mention but few. I need you to know that this pain of earning a living that these young Nigerians are going through might affect you one way or the other, so why don't we join them to fight against what we tagged as 'Modern Slavery' in the Nigerian Labour Market. There are clips(both motions and still) showing the level of suffering these youths are going through. Their protest is still on. Parents and Fellow Youths, we need your voice and strength at this time like never before. Nigeria youth say NO to slavery.

Kindly BC

3 Likes

Re: Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
You know my problem? U people should not have gone back to work yesterday until ur demands were met!! These indians should stop exploiting us! When I heard airtel were revolting, I was happy...next tin u guys were back picking calls! undecided undecided

Say NO and mean it!!
Re: Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria by olumaxi(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
omo..dis country tire me..i was also shockd abt d airtel thing..but mehn,could nigerians eva agree on 1 thing?
Re: Telecommunication Industries Slavery In Nigeria by Samdul: 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
this issue started in d abuja Callcenter in 2011 www.nairaland.com/664525/airtel-slave-yard#8296405,wen some ppl on nl were supporting dis indians.dy hv succeeded in offloading its abj agent(seeking 4 improvemnt in dia welfare)and recruitimg new agents in ibadan to pay them peanuts,dey seem not 2 hav learned lesson,and now d chicken hav com home 2 roast

(1) (Reply)

o / Immigration / Service Desk Limited Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.