Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? (24873 Views)

Nigerian Twitter Reacts To President Buhari's Interview With Amanpour -SEE TWEET / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / President Jonathan's Interview Airs On ELTV At 10pm WAT Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by ballabriggs: 1:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Why do they not steal oil in the North Sea like they do in Nigeria? Simple, the state is weak, it cannot police its assets, it cannot police its borders and so the easy way out is to deny responsibility by pointing at the "international community". What a deluded Mofo.

It is your misery, the International community benefits from it, will not say anything and so you have to tackle it. My backyard for Pitakwa done scatter finish and we have to wait for international community? Deluded

13 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by sbeezy8: 1:33am On Jan 24, 2013
GEJ was right about the oil part tho.
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 1:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Nigerians are funny, u guys see foul where there is no foul. Some1 once said Nigerians are generally rude and noisy, I believe GEJ humility is been taken as lacking confidence cos we are used 2the general rude and noisy nature of obj. Dat pix of GEJ simply showed a man humble enuv 2listened to what some1 below him had 2say. Frankly I think Jonathan's answers were okay esp on the BH issue, its mostly religous, there are schools in the north filled with southern kids cause northern kids dnt wana go 2skool, and why becos their religion accordin 2some fanatics preach against western education. The proverty of the north cannot be blamed on the president becos the northerners have more representation in his cabinet and ova the years they have been in power so long and most of the big thiefs in Nigeria are northerns, apart 4rm obasanjo I doubt any1 has stolen 4rm naija put to atiku and IBB. The problem of the north is the northern leaders who are using religion 2ensure the poor there stay poor and the rich continue stealing the poor's right. On power, d man was rite power has improved but not everywhere sha. Please let's stop Jonathan bashing and give him a break. As 4d person who compared GEJ 2obama, no Nigerian leader has d power of oration those Americans have, their oratory powers come 4rm proper knowedge of their history that's why u hear them reference JFK, jefferson and co in their speech, sadly 90 percent of Nigerians dnt no how history, Mrs Yadua though was an excellent speaker anyway, she's d onli excellent politcal speaker naija has had in recent times.

12 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

MUHEHEHE "bad losers", stale line, look for another one from your smelly brain.
I dont usually engage in protracted debate over issues unrelated to the topic at hand but if the thread referenced below does not perfectly describe you, I'll apologise for calling you a bad loser.
https://www.nairaland.com/1152684/bad-losers-give-us-break
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 24, 2013
I especially hated his response to the question on oil theft. What the hell did he mean?

The number one attribute of good leaders is the willingness to accept responsibility when things go wrong. For me, Jonathan's failure to properly articulate a plan of action in dealing with the menace of crude oil theft (choosing instead to shift the blame to foreign buyers and refiners) has just confirmed to me the kind of leader he is: Weak, indecisive, vacillating, incoherent and clearly lacking in direction. A country as big and as complex as Nigeria SURELY deserves a better leader.

For me, this is yet another example of how NOT to lead.

I am learning a lot from him, only in the negative sense.

6 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Gooogle(m): 1:43am On Jan 24, 2013
Follow these hash-tags on twitter and leave this thread for laptop guys. This side is faceless, lets go on twitter. No singular support, not one.

#Amanpour

#bankyw

#9jaNinja

GEJ

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 24, 2013
We can certainly do better than this GEJ.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by LRNZH(m): 1:46am On Jan 24, 2013
HNosegbe: I especially hated his response to the question on oil theft. What the hell did he mean?

The number one attribute of good leaders is the willingness to accept responsibility when things go wrong. For me, Jonathan's failure to properly articulate a plan of action in dealing with the menace of crude oil theft (choosing instead to shift the blame to foreign buyers and refiners) has just confirmed to me the kind of leader he is: Weak, indecisive, vacillating, incoherent and clearly lacking in direction. A country as big and as complex as Nigeria SURELY deserves a better leader.

For me, this is yet another example of how NOT to lead.

I am learning a lot from him, only in the negative sense.

Exactly... Clueless responses.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 1:47am On Jan 24, 2013
Ballabigs research properly b4 talking, the north has the most pourous security in naija thru its borders, its like the mexico border issue US faces till 2day. And wat oil is in the north that will be stolen, all the oil installations and terminals are in the south where oil is drilled. We need the help of the international community 2treat crude oil d way dey did 4blood diamonds 2sanitize it. Crude oil theft onli happens cos European pple esp 4rm greece are buyin our stolen crude in exchange 4guns and oda stuffs funding militancy in Nigerian, if patronage 2stolen goods end, its theft will end 2. Let no1 decieve u even the security agents in UK and US aint that effective as their movies lead us 2believe and they have advanced tools we can't afford .

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by ballabriggs: 1:53am On Jan 24, 2013
dantti2006: Ballabigs research properly b4 talking, the north has the most pourous security in naija thru its borders, its like the mexico border issue US faces till 2day. And wat oil is in the north that will be stolen, all the oil installations and terminals are in the south where oil is drilled. We need the help of the international community 2treat crude oil d way dey did 4blood diamonds 2sanitize it. Crude oil theft onli happens cos European pple esp 4rm greece are buyin our stolen crude in exchange 4guns and oda stuffs funding militancy in Nigerian, if patronage 2stolen goods end, its theft will end 2. Let no1 decieve u even the security agents in UK and US aint that effective as their movies lead us 2believe and they have advanced tools we can't afford .

Mumu, mumu, mumu, another Apostle of President Jonadunce. North Sea and not Northern Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by lafuria1(m): 1:54am On Jan 24, 2013
nothing much, my only observation was where he called the US State Dept an intrest concerning the report of extrajudicial killing by the nigeria soldiers in borno state, i translate this as the US have a hidden agenda which GEJ himself know.......is ok....wasnt expecting much from him....
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mumu, mumu, mumu, another Apostle of President Jonadunce. North Sea and not Northern Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by alingo4life: 1:56am On Jan 24, 2013
But sebi na Nigerian Presido them call am?Why was he standing?He should have be sitting down while Amanpour pours her Questions in..Abi no be so he suppose be?
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 1:56am On Jan 24, 2013
And as 4all of you talking, Jonathan was rite abt the oil theft, the westerners have grossly encouraged it 2our detriment the same way dey did with blood diamonds, Nigeria doesn't make weapons, how do u think those militants get the assorted advanced weapons they use. And u are juss bashin GEJ, Yadua said d same thing, even took the matter to UN assembly that the shameless greed of the western nations is wats fueling this problem, I didn't see any1 abuse Yadua. GEJ tolls the same line as his boss which also happens to be true, u abuse him. All u critics that stay here and make judgements based on half facts u picked off some newspaper hungry 2sell paper beta start doin proper research on important issues b4 talkin cos our generation's time will come 2lead 2 and d way I see it most pple hear haven't properly grasped d problems facing naija but think they have

4 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dayokanu(m): 1:57am On Jan 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

It takes some level of cluelessness to be a fan of Retardeen Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 24, 2013
alingo4life: But sebi na Nigerian Presido them call am?Why was he standing?He should have be sitting down while Amanpour pours her Questions in..Abi no be so he suppose be?

He was speaking from the World Economic Forum at Switzerland, while Amanpour was at New York.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 2:01am On Jan 24, 2013
And ballabrigs, I nor dey chop GEJ moni. I rarely even comment on political matter but I am well versed in Nigeria historically and politically. Am onli commentin because ur comment abt oil theft in d north sounds like iliterate talk or beta still u one of those northerners who hated him b4 the elections because I dnt see how oil will be stolen in the north dat has no oil installation. I doubt there is hope 4Nigerian youths with people like u who just talk without thinking.
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by taharqa: 2:06am On Jan 24, 2013
ballabriggs: Why do they not steal oil in the North Sea like they do in Nigeria? Simple, the state is weak, it cannot police its assets, it cannot police its borders and so the easy way out is to deny responsibility by pointing at the "international community". What a deluded Mofo.
It is not for nothing that i always say dat u are d 'LOUDEST mouth-ed, TINIEST brain-ed Resident ijioot' we hv on NL- you always never fail. Well done.... If you knew anything you hv known dat 1st off crude oil theft hv significantly reducd in Nigeria in d last couple of months cos of d Presidential directive to d Navy, JTF and odas; still, there are still certain factors (both internal and external) that is hindering d complete executn of d directive- BRING ALL CRUDE THEFT TO A HALT. President Jonathan had an opportunity in an International press to emphasize d external factors and he took it i.e the developd countries shld do more to discourage Refineries in dier countries from buying stolen crude and keep a market for it. Again, if you know anything you wud hv bn aware that this and a ban on small weapons are the two tins that Nigeria hv bn pushing in d UN since OBJ's time ;Nigeria's leadaship already lead last yr to an unprecentd deal on Small weapons whilst she is still pushing on d Crude oil tin (Nigeria essentiali wants d UN to treat stolen crude same way it treatd d so-calld 'Blood diamonds' so as to deny markets to these stolen goods). I recall that this move was very intense during d height of d Niger Delta crisis during OBJ and Yar'adua times, and GEJ hv just continued; that he use d international opportunity to quickly talk about it shows that he is d one who knows what he is talking about, and you..well an ignorant daft..... Oya, go and sleep

8 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by phy: 2:06am On Jan 24, 2013
As for me, he did well in this interview. I think we should be more contructive and open minded in our criticisms.
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Ladapo(m): 2:07am On Jan 24, 2013
Imagine a Fashola, a Donald Duke, an El Rufai, a Ribadu, An Ngozi eweala, a Tunde Bakare etc as our president as against this joke" of a president...Nigerians better get it right in 2015. Brand positioning is important to any organization or country....we need firm and confident men on that seat, people who can hold their heads up and tell the world..."yes, we have a problem but we are working on our problems, just like every other country" Jonathan is a joke!!

5 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by PeterKbaba: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Fashola, we really need you in the realms of Presidency.... I cant take this anymore, when will this country vote a sound educated, intelligent, confident leader as President in this country. A President that knows what it takes and understand that blacks all over the world are dependent on Nigeria as a country, which is expected to lead Africa to the promise land.

We have so much intellectuals all over the world and we are still fighting over tribe issues that are rubbish. When we can actually unite and manufacture products that can compete in the world. We already have Nigerian's all over the world as a ready market..... All they need is just a leader and the will all be loyal to their roots.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 24, 2013
hollandis: Who voted for this guy?
Did he actually win ?
Did people actually vote for him?
What kind of a country is Nigeria?
What kind of people will vote such a person?

The people who voted for him are religious bigots, tribalists who will rather remain jobless and poor than vote for someone who has a different religious beliefs from theirs. Nigerians deserve anything they get. I don't pitty these people when I see the way these suffer.
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by ballabriggs: 2:16am On Jan 24, 2013
taharqa: It is not for nothing that i always say dat u are d 'LOUDEST mouth-ed, TINIEST brain-ed Resident ijioot' we hv on NL- you always never fail. Well done.... If you knew anything you hv known dat 1st off crude oil theft hv significantly reducd in Nigeria in d last couple of months cos of d Presidential directive to d Navy, JTF and odas; still, there are still certain factors (both internal and external) that is hindering d complete executn of d directive- BRING ALL CRUDE THEFT TO A HALT. President Jonathan had an opportunity in an International press to emphasize d external factors and he took it i.e the developd countries shld do more to discourage Refineries in dier countries from buying stolen crude and keep a market for it. Again, if you know anything you wud hv bn aware that this and a ban on small weapons are the two tins that Nigeria hv bn pushing in d UN since OBJ's time ;Nigeria's leadaship already lead last yr to an unprecentd deal on Small weapons whilst she is still pushing on d Crude oil tin (Nigeria essentiali wants d UN to treat stolen crude same way it treatd d so-calld 'Blood diamonds' so as to deny markets to these stolen goods). I recall that this move was very intense during d height of d Niger Delta crisis during OBJ and Yar'adua times, and GEJ hv just continued; that he use d international opportunity to quickly talk about it shows that he is d one who knows what he is talking about, and you..well an ignorant daft..... Oya, go and sleep

Another dunce. Can you present any verifiable evidence and not the ones from your ogogoro infested brain that oil theft has reduced in the Niger Delta? What one expects from Jonadunce is to say, "already we have done this that, that, that and we can see the benefits as bla bla bla bla has been achieved". And then he can bring in, "we also solicit for help from the international community...........". Simple!

But what we hear from President Jonadunce -a certified failure- is to deny responsibility and point accusing fingers at the "international community". Such rubbish will only appeal to a drunk like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by jayonpoint(m): 2:17am On Jan 24, 2013
I cnt place it, dat som nl ar only hypocrites n ar too economical wit d truth.
For God sake n 4 d sake of our unborn generatn, we shld say things regardless of
Our self-service. If I hv only one fact abt d interview, i'll conclude
By saying GEJ is a big shame an a laffin stock in d int'l community.

I mean, even machiavelli in his political power theories, som1 in person of
Of GEJ cnt even secure a back seat..confidence is power in itself, n if an individual
Don't hv it, its a sign of weakness n ineptitude nt 4 a president
Of d most largest contry in d whole of Africa. GEJ is our int'l shame
Wil shld deal wit nt sycophantic wit it. No doubt, som pple on nl here feeds
Frm d retarden bt dat doesn't blind or castrate d rest of us behind
D fence...we made a bigger mistake electing a president in d name of
GEJ 4 dis contry...shame!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 24, 2013
hollandis: Who voted for this guy?
Did he actually win ?
Did people actually vote for him?
What kind of a country is Nigeria?
What kind of people will vote such a person?
That tells you something is wrong with the people. 99.99999 % of those that voted for GEJ have never heard him speak or seen his performance elsewhere despite the fact that he was a former gov., a coward that avoided a presidential debate. Yet, they all voted on sentiments e.g His name is goodluck, God put him there, he looks humble, he had no shoes, he knelt down before another thief at a church to deceive the gullible sheeps e.t.c
PDP sef mess up sha. As big as that party is, the best they could give us was uncle Jo.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 2:18am On Jan 24, 2013
And no1 is stealin oil 4rm the north sea cos no1 wants 2buy oil stolen 4rm d north sea, d oil in d north sea is already been controlled by those buyin off our cheap oil. I did a research on miltancy in d Niger Delta wich started in military Era, militants funded their wahala with abacha and co thru stolen crude exchanged cheaply 4 guns and moni, now its now a big trade in Niger Delta wich govt can't stop becos more pple are joinin everyday becos of the easy moni dey make 4rm greedy westerners out 2get cheap crude so till d westerners stop patronizin them, govt can't do anythin shot of killing lots of Nigerians. Abacha, Obj and Yadua went thru d same problem and didn't do anythin u think they are stupid. Obj actually tried 2do somethin and ended up commitin genocide in Odi. Sorry balla 4misreadin u. Thot u wrote north, didn't see d sea. The Westerners are largely 2blame 4dis mess and jonathan isn't the 1st Nigerian president 2think dat. I think he can do more 4Nigeria but then let's avoid abusin him 4areas he did make sense, if u were abusin his govt ova dat phone 4agric issue I 4join u curse am
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

dayokanu:

It takes some level of cluelessness to be a fan of Retardeen Jonathan

grin grin grin
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 2:29am On Jan 24, 2013
And balla, am sure u have internet access, u can do ur research and if u see anythin fact oda wise present them here. You can research the speech yadua gave before the last UN assembly b4 he died and verify matters. And lastly I know a lot abt militancy cos I know a number of reformed militants who first started troubling abacha and den obj and made moni outta this their wahala and so know their history proper 1st hand. There are things happenin in this Nigeria that ur leaders hide 4rm u. Dats anoda thing I credit jonathan 4, d freedom of information bill he signed has made it easy 4us 2 now access information abt the govt, wat I wana see is pple using the information now readily available 2dem 2question their govt. See now that stupid minister done done d phone 4agric mata, pple made lil noise and now its 4gotten. D man will collect that moni now and eat. Information is power and dat wat d western citizens use in policin their govt. D masses need 2be proactive in policing the govt wit the information we now have readily available 2us
Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by thelastPope(m): 2:29am On Jan 24, 2013
PeterKbaba: Fashola, we really need you in the realms of Presidency.... I cant take this anymore, when will this country vote a sound educated, intelligent, confident leader as President in this country. A President that knows what it takes and understand that blacks all over the world are dependent on Nigeria as a country, which is expected to lead Africa to the promise land.

We have so much intellectuals all over the world and we are still fighting over tribe issues that are rubbish. When we can actually unite and manufacture products that can compete in the world. We already have Nigerian's all over the world as a ready market..... All they need is just a leader and the will all be loyal to their roots.

The responses on this thread really worry me. Intellectual leaders? Hitler was a very intellectual leader and about the greatest orator of the 20th century. How did it turn out again? Babangida was a very clever leader. Someone remind me how it turned out again?

The nonsense posts from people like ballabrigs remind me of the UNILAG-MAULAG saga. The biggest reason MAULAG students and their supporters were against the name change was because the name didnt have "swag". The same pettiness is being displayed shamefully on this thread. Ghadafi was a great orator but was disgraced and murdered. Robert Mugabe is another great orator who turned his country into a land of famine and hunger. It is sad that kids like ballabrigs are trolling NL talking children stuff. GEJ is GEJ! What Nigerians voted him to provide is not great speeches and interviews. It is good governance and so far, he is doing ok with that. He still has a long way to go but he is on track. I am glad that he really doesnt give a £"!$%^&*(()) about what some silly NLs have to say. Petty toddlers like you insulting your elders. How can you grow? SMH!

4 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Krucifax(m): 2:31am On Jan 24, 2013
I know some of us hear him speak and then feel embarrassed. But that's b'cos we speak with an accent due to many years living abroad. GEJ is Nigerian and speaks Nigerian there’s nothing wrong there.

I for one think it was an okay interview. He was neither confrontational nor aggressive and he wasn’t even defensive when issues of corruption and power were raised which is a bit unusual for a head of state. If you listen carefully i think he used this interview as an indirect cry for help to the international community.

Terrorism: He stressed it was a problem that if left unchecked will affect other countries, he also hinted that allies should assist.

Corruption/Oil theft: He didn’t deny it. He instead told the truth which is that the stolen crude is indeed sold onto and refined in many of the countries pointing accusatory fingers at Nigeria. He hinted that other nations actually have a big role to play in helping Nigeria fight corruption. If for example they start clamping down on the organisations and groups that buy stolen Nigerian crude there will be less theft of crude as there will be less people willing to take the risk to buy them.

A similar policy was used to good effect on the African “Blood Diamonds”. I’m no GEJ fan matter of fact i detest the man but i can’t fault him here and me i say the truth as i see it!

4 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by dantti2006(m): 2:39am On Jan 24, 2013
And oga peter baba, Nigeria was Neva a giant of Africa in my opinion. Our Ego just made us believe that, our oil is the onli reason oda countries listen 2us, Sports wise we not d best, egypt has dominated in footbal and kenya in althletics, technology wise we not d best, south Africa and Egypt actually trump us in technological research. South Africa far back in the 60s were already testin short range missles in partnership wit isreal, we take our oil 2 Niger 2 refine now can u imagine, Angola now has oil and are developin fast mostly becos dey dealin with china, dey refused 2 sign exploration deals wit western companies, guess dey learnt 4rm Nigeria and d chinese firm in return 4exploration rites and 2help develop angola infrastructurally. So pls tell me where we be giant abi na 4big broda Africa. Wen our oil finishes naija will be nothing, we juss have deeper pockets cos of oil

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? by Jeboy(m): 2:51am On Jan 24, 2013
Some folks here are just bent on giving d dog a bad name. They are not analysing d response of GEJ if its ok or not but rather focussing on d manner at which d interview went. That is too petty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Power Tussle:Governor Dickson Fires Patience Jonathan’s Loyalists In His Cabinet / No Governor In Kwara State, You Only Have PA To Senate President - Says Sowore / Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.