Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,565 members, 7,965,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:49 AM

Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel (4585 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by laytoshtwo: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2013
I don't know why you waste your energy arguing about miracles like pharisees.The same way they ask the blind man if he was actually blind.
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by OmerianConsult: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2013
laytoshtwo: Are you a loser now?lol
Thanks Layt. That guy is simply an e.diot (a electronic idiot)
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by OmerianConsult: 11:09am On Jan 29, 2013
Affiliated:

Who gave Mr. Einstein the title of the greatest scientist of all time? And Albert Einstein was an atheist and a skeptic. *One of the lies I was talking about
Who formed d quotation, 'When d solution is simple God is answering?' Time magazine named Einstein not just d greatest scientist but the greatest personality of d last millennium. Google that! Ur shallow knowledge of him is just sufficient to make u anti-God! Don't dodge my question: does satan exist?
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by Affiliated(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omerian Consult: Even Albert Einstein, the greatest scientist of all time believed in God!

Affiliated: Who gave Mr. Einstein the title of the greatest scientist of all time?

Omerian Consult: Time magazine named Einstein not just d greatest scientist but the greatest personality of d last millennium . Google that! Ur shallow knowledge of him is just sufficient to make u anti-God! Don't dodge my question: does satan exist?

1. If you are going to base your claim that Einstein is the greatest scientist of all time on Time Magazine, I am aware of the honor Time magazine bestowed on Einstein as the person of the century [not millennium]. Emphasis on 20th century. When did 20th century become all time?

2. I was wondering if I should take my time to answer your shot claiming I had a shallow knowledge on Einstein when its the other way round. But for the sake of knowledge I would

Let me break everything down to its simplest. [Dictionary definitions]

Atheism: a : a disbelief in the existence of deity b : the doctrine that there is no deity

Deity: a : the rank or essential nature of a god :
3 : one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

So I can conclude that an atheist is one who disbelieves in a supremely good or powerful personality called God.

I maintain that Einstein was an *atheist just the way I am an *atheist. I however have an idea of something supreme which I would term as God just the way Einstein did [not a personal god or gods]. I also said He was a skeptic so whenever He talks about a personality of God or a personal God, He did so to state reasons why such a thing could not exist. But most of all Einstein was agnostic

Agnostic :1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

In my opinion, If I am going to classify Einstein as anything, it would be more of a pantheist which means that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity.[2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god, but believe that interpretations of the term differ.] *wikipedia

So when Einstein refers to God, He could mean the Universe or a personal God [for skeptic reasons]

Here are some of the relevant Einstein quotes

*It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.

Your question [about God] is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds.

. . . I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.* Wikipedia

When I say atheist I mean it in the broad terms of all who don't believe in a personality called God the way mainstream religions define it and Einstein falls into that category. He however claimed to have a cosmic religion in line with panatheism

3. Finally I'm not trying to dodge the question but tell me what [a] Satan is and its characteristics and I'll tell you if such a thing exists to be best of my knowledge
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by Affiliated(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
About your false Einstein claim that He was the greatest scientist of all time.

List Verse however named him the second most influential scientist of all time after Isaac Newton

http://listverse.com/2009/02/24/top-10-most-influential-scientists/
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by OmerianConsult: 5:17am On Jan 30, 2013
My substituting 'millenium' for 'century as regards Einstein is a mistake. I'm happy u have finally stated ur religious inclination. Now stop avoiding my question on ur view on satan.
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by Kay17: 6:34am On Jan 30, 2013
The miracle simply raises the bar for Christians.
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by Affiliated(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Omerian Consult: Now stop avoiding my question on ur view on satan.

Affiliated: Finally I'm not trying to dodge the question but tell me what [a] Satan is and its characteristics and I'll tell you if such a thing exists to be best of my knowledge
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by OmerianConsult: 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
God will draw u to Himself by all means. The God that called Saul will call you and also use you for His glory.
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by back2sender: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
Satan does nt exist. Back to d topic wat kind of lies is dis.xtianity na theatrics nw
Re: Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel by Johnikowyi: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2013
Affiliated or whatsoever u call urself u are a ignorant person whether u believe or not people are getting their healing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Palm Sunday. / An Appeal To Seun Osewa To Be Silent No More / How Do I Pray My Family Out Of Stagnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.