Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,003 members, 7,903,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

Where And What Is Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where And What Is Heaven? (867 Views)

Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? / What Is Heaven Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where And What Is Heaven? by tpaine: 11:02am On Mar 05, 2008
According to Kenneth Copeland, heaven is a planet. If this is so, then it should in theory be detectable with modern scientific instruments. Just as NASA is investing a great deal of resources searching for extraterrestrial life and earth-like planets, do you think they should also be searching for heaven?

Some of the doctrine of Kenneth Copeland can be found here;http://www.ondoctrine.com/10copela.htm
Re: Where And What Is Heaven? by dafidixone(m): 11:16am On Mar 05, 2008
A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, 'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.'

The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell.'

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, 'I don't understand.'

It is simple,' said the Lord.
'It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves.'

When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you, not of himself.

Remember sharing your spoon with others brings "heaven on earth".

grin
Re: Where And What Is Heaven? by tpaine: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2008
dafidixone:

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, 'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.'

The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell.'

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, 'I don't understand.'

It is simple,' said the Lord.
'It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves.'

grin

Good anecdote. So there is no other heaven beyond this "heaven on earth"?
Re: Where And What Is Heaven? by olabowale(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Dafifixone:

Remember there was no time you mentioned Paradise. I asked a Christian once, to describe heaven which she said was different from Paradise. I am still waiting. I now get it that there is only heaven on earth! Yet we have not come across it, except that heaven on earth is the felicity you have now. Is this a correct understanding of your Christian heaven on earth? It seems then that all you have is the lake of firs remaining for you after you die, or is there another place which you are keeping secret away from us? I am sure that place ids not the paradise that the Mus'lims in particular are looking forward to by the Mercy of Almighty GodAllah!

I wonder why Jesus cried out on the cross about why did God forsook him, if he was not thinking about himself, but you? That cry is completely opposite your statement here! You must have been making it up again, like the Trinity which is opposing and opposite many verses from jesus himself! Why did Jesus behave and why did he say things that are opposite and clearly opposing your statement about him as well as your assumption of him? I have not even touch up on his prayer in the garden of geshemane where he was pleading to take the cup off his head because he did not want to die. First if he prayed and his prayer did not come to pass, that should point to us, very clearly that he was not God because God can not be praying to God! But the fact that his prayer at the garden was not accepted, at the garden speaks volume, if one is to rely on the Bible text alone.

However, as a Mus'lim, I know that God will always accept the prayer from His prophets. Any prayer He will not accept (answer), He will not let the Prophet make it. I Know that Jesus was not crucified and did not die on the cross, because his Lord God Almighty accepted his prayer. Jesus being a true servant of his God and the Lord God being Jesus Support, He covered him with His Mercy and Compassion and saved him from the clutch of his enemy, the evil doing community!
Re: Where And What Is Heaven? by Frizy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
@olabowale
I dey always feel u cheesy, Why you no come home? I'll be the Nigerian version of Ahmed Didat!!! cool
Peace bro.
Re: Where And What Is Heaven? by drrionelli(m): 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
@tpaine:
I, too, have heard people--Copeland et al--refer to heaven as a "planet." It seemed to me that they were, perhaps, speaking in terms to which they felt their listeners could most ably relate. When one thinks of a planet, one thinks of a "physical" place. It might be hot, like Venus, or cold (Uranus). Perhaps it's large (Saturn), solid (Mars), watery (Earth) or even gaseous (Jupiter)--still it's a physical place.

Personally, I'm not sure if that's the best way to look at it. By no means am I a man of religious scholarship, of course, but why would a physical location be needed to harbor spiritual existence?

(1) (Reply)

Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? / God Will Never Advance You Bayound Your Last Act Of Disobedience / KAG WHERE ARE YOU?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.