Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

15 Weird Laws Around The World - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Weird Laws Around The World (23412 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Adurangba(f): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2013
CohenJane:

Ashewo

your mama.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by bigfat01: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2013
CAN SOME GIVE US A LIST OF FASHOLAS LAWS IN LAGOS ?

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by yuzedo: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2013
In Nigeria, there is a website Nairaland where it is illegal to use certain seemingly harmless words or annoy the MODs or you face ban.. undecided
..... And girls always hoarding the punny there! angry
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by enigmagu1(m): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2013
FXKing2012: We need these laws in Nigeria - Nigeria is too lawless.

nigeria is not lawless the problem is enforcement sir...

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by femlij: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2013
This laws are really funny! Haba, all dis oyinbos na wa for them o. Good job guys for the update
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2013
Nice, and u forgot to add that Animals and women are more valued in Bristish law than mengrin nice write-up @poster
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by hpk(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2013
Leboska: 16. As wiered as it may appear u dare not mention garri in nairaland u will be severely punished or ban.
GARRI.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 26, 2013
Well some of the laws are not true.

The link below is a document on such issues.

http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/docs/Legal_Oddities.pdf
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by ibitomisi: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: I go like go UK when I get belle o grin.

Biko nu, who will be held responsible if someone died in the house of parliament? The dead body or his folks? Quite a wack law I must say.
njoy ooooooo. But no pass the boundary
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by mu2sa2: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2013
Paroh_frey: Is No 3 really true? I doubt.
What's doubtful about it? I understand that's also the case in Sudan.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by RedLight1: 11:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Adura_ngba:

I know its not true because I have done that before.
when did u try that?
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by cowgurl: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
there is nothing weird about law 8, 9, 10, 13-they are welcomed laws but 4, 5, 7, 12 are damn hilarious,lol
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Ogosoga: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
you will be barn for election in Nigeria if you do not join other loot, angry
You will be jailed in Nigeria if you are caught stealing Maggi cube sad
You are not free in Nigeria if you do not have loot money or 419 money to spend angry
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by sagytariusTM1: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
who you wan ho' for #12?
Will you charge him in the grave?
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nnamdini(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
i was actually lookin out for
no: 17,in taliban afghanistan-playin radio is punishable by floggin
no:18,same country-girls are not allowed to go to school
no:19,same country again-men are not allowed to shave their bears.infact,clippers are banned

2 Likes

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by johnshagb(m): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
16. In nigeria, you can embezzle public funds and go scot-free but stray goats get arrested and detained.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by pekelepekele(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
It is a crime not to put a smile on your face in Abuja Nigeria while walking along the street. People will think you are boko haram
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Bertbert: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Paroh_frey: Is No 3 really true? I doubt.
It's very true,that's the practice in UAE,you have to provide a copy of marriage certificate and international passport before you will be allowed to go into a hotel room with opposite sex. Not so easy anyway ,Though some fellows still dey maneuver the thing sha by sorting the hotel receptionist or attendant.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Finland(m): 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
No.8 is true. You can not break the law simply because you are rich and you can afford the fine. You will pay through your nose. someone was once charged to pay 175,000 Euros that's about 35 Millon Naira. for over speeding grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Ejine(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
In the City of New York, it is illegal to greet your fellow man by putting one thumb in your nostril and wiggling your other fingers.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/new-york
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by ignis: 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
FXKing2012: We need these laws in Nigeria - Nigeria is too lawless.
We don't need them at all.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by newacca: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2013

6. You will get away with smoking a drug like cannabis in Holland, but if you smoke tobacco, you would be termed as a law breaker.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss I like it! This is a nice one. Cannabis is herbal and it won't cause cancer,rather it is medicinal;but tobacco causes cancer and damages the lungs. Mary Jane Mheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. roll it up!
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Frostyzone(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
simdam500:

7. A pregnant woman in UK has the privilege of urinating anywhere she pleases, even in a policeman’s helmet.
That makes the UK the best place for pregnant women, then.
Pregnant Nlanders take note.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by chreldb(m): 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
Here's one weird and interesting law in the UK that I just found out yesterday out of curiosity. I used to see ducks and swans walking around in the UK like say dem self na citizen. dem go de even de chance human being for road self. I started wondering e be like say these animals no know say dem be better meat for human beings o! Especially the swans, they are the size and even bigger than turkeys. Me I know say if that kind tin de happen for 9ja those animals for don go extinct 50 years ago. Anyways I asked google and aparently the answer I got was that the reason swans are referred to as majestic animals is because they literally all belong the her majesty the queen of England. So a law was passed criminalising the hunting and eating of swan meat punishable by death sometime in the 17th century. The interesting thing is that the law and its punishment has not been modified till date. Sometimes I go just de look all those animals de talk for mind say if only una de 9ja una for hear am for inside pot cheesy.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Frostyzone(m): 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
simdam500: You will get away with smoking a drug like cannabis in Holland, but if you smoke tobacco, you would be termed as a law breaker.

Those dutch government people dey craze oo!
How can they make weed smoking legit, and hunger killing tobacco smoking illegal.

Atleast, tobacco is filtered and doesn't kill your brain stems, though it can give you cancer if you are a chain smoker.

Weed or cannabis on the other hand is not in any way filtered and apart from giving you a momentarily euphoria, kills the brain cells overtime. It's only advisable for people on cancer chemotherapy to help them fight nausea that is inevitable.

None is good for the body for an healthy individual. But if you must smoke, then choose tobacco - it's the lesser of the two evils IMO.

Apparently the dutch government prefers getting high to common sense. Anyways, to each it's own.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by iamjayjeff: 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
YO.Ruba man can't drive in Russia o, justThinkingLoud

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Lagos, u can't drink and drive even though the manufacturers made cup holders. The commissioner for transport defends this by referring to the US but forgetting that the US' refers to alcoholic drink.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Frostyzone(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
simdam500: Small girls of Indiana, beware. You cannot dress up Ken in his toy doll girlfriend, Barbie’s clothes, for that’s a crime.
Fear of homosexuality is the beginning of wisdom. LOL!
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Frostyzone(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
simdam500: The conservative land of Dubai doesn’t allow 2 people of the opposite sex to share a hotel room unless they are married or closely related./
Sensible but archaic law IMO. We are in 21st century not in Victorian period for crying out loud.
Those religious crazed countries of the middle east should learn how to move with the times ASAP before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Red-Light:
its true

No dear, No. 3 is NOT true
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
OMG!... Some are really funny though..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names Of Past And Present Attah Igala / How to know a genuine babalawo / Share Your Experiences of Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.