Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,277 members, 7,934,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:18 PM

MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (27395 Views)

Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by geeez: 12:11am On Jan 27, 2013
tellwisdom: Please what is happening in Nigeria!!...I just arrived some few minutes ago

From where? A jail cell? No internet acess where you're coming from aiit?
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by mimifonwon(f): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2013
DailyNews: Hey! Let her be man, we have a bigger problem here to tackle- HOW DO WE ATTACK MEND first before they attact Pls suggestionsgrin

Ok Mimi, that's more better, n pls keep praying and fasting o pls, I no wan go war, I never even learn how to use caterpalt talkless of gun, I don dey piss for body already, MEND I beg ogrin

lol u r funny
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by safarigirl(f): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2013
Why do people derive joy in bringing other people's mothers into discussions and cursing them?

You are a fuul, should be replied with 'it takes one to know one' and not 'your mother is a f.oo.l' and that shouldn't resort to someone calling another person's mother (who could even be dead) an ashi, or accuse her of knacking dogs.

Maturity and level-headedness is key in all we do abeg, leave innocent mamas out of your dissing

4 Likes

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by tantita(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2013
pple whove made countless predictions abt our dis integration ar social analist(sociologist).. thy see society a sum of of independent part(institutions) each contributing to the survival of d whole(society) failure of parts therefor to perform their funtions DEATH it is often said is the result...if u cn grab dis in al his entirety thn u shld knw by nw dt our bluv naija is already on life support,

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by spartanian(m): 12:18am On Jan 27, 2013
what is MEND? is it a shoe gum?
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 27, 2013
[qu :Dote a :Duthor=175]D letter looks like wat our musiwa would write warning Eko ile.[/ ;quote]
grin cheesy
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by safarigirl(f): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2013
Red-Light:
are u sure u are a girl? shocked shocked grin
of course, wetin I talk? undecided

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by tpia1: 12:51am On Jan 27, 2013
when i traveled to naija this christmas holiday, my second night in naija after coming back from visiting my uncle who works for the government. i had argued with him that i dont think his way of life is legit and that God is watching all of them, and that the God of our ancestors will soon visit all of the corrupt politicians.

and this is why some nigerians prefer to hide from their relatives.

the bad belle is hard to counter.

dem go dey just pass judgement and run mouth gboa to outsiders. No sense of decorum at all.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by ofegge73(m): 12:57am On Jan 27, 2013
We are here just merely talking,cursing and making jest of a serious issue such as the MEND letter.
You all should know that when Trouble comes calling,like a rainstorm it beats and goes where it chooses.
If MEND makes true its threat,then so many fragile,almost on Life-support areas of National Life,will be strangulated.When Our Oil installations are blown to smithereens,when and how will We recover from the ripple effects.Nigeria can't afford another civil War or Unrest,We have too many problems.I only implore them to exercise restraint.I am appealing to MEND to exercise calm.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Belloladan(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2013
Why? can't you ppl ask your kingsman johnathan to ripped the country apart so that you can go and enjoy your resources, i can't imagine that anyone can think that any region of this country would suffer if nigeria spilits. Even as you're here talking, your smarter kingemen are there busy stealing your crude away in bunkers and driving the latest cars while you reel in poverty. Don't let overfed fools among you (who're "behind the scene" architects of your misfortune) keep deceiving the rest of you. You the ijaw ppl should better re-engineering your narrow mindedness
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Blyss: 1:04am On Jan 27, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, the umbrella body for all militant groups in Nigeria’s Niger Delta on Saturday broke its more than a year-long silence with a stern warning to the government in South Africa to stop meddling in Nigeria’s internal politics or risk dire consequences.

The group also threatened to attack Nigeria like never before, in a manner that might lead to the disintegration of the country.

In a strong worded statement dated January 23, 2013 and signed by one Comrade Azizi, MEND said last week’s conviction of its leader and founder, Henry Okah by the South African Supreme Court on all 13 counts charge of complicity in the 2010 Independence Day bombing in Abuja amounted to a betrayal.

Describing the conviction as part of “Aso Rock politics on a man simply because he refused to be bought over”, the militant group said its High Command is compelled to advise South Africans to tell their government to stay away from Nigeria.

The statement was emailed to us and PREMIUM TIMES is unable to determine its authenticity and that of the General Azizi who signed it. No contact address or telephone number was provided.

MEND/QTD/82MP/2013
23rd JANUARY 2013
Ref: CONVICTION OF OUR LEADER AND FOUNDER MR. HENRY OKAH.
We witnessed ourselves firsthand the conviction of our dear leader yesterday the 21st of January 2013 by the South African Supreme Court on all the 13th count charges which as we all know has to do with ASO ROCK politic on a man simply because he refused to be bought over.
Before yesterday’s ruling, we had high regards for the South African judiciary but not now as we were wrong on our previous assessment nevertheless, people pays for mistakes committed by others so we the High Command of MEND have an advice for the South African people, which is TELL YOUR GOVERNMENT through your judiciary stay away with events that happened in Nigeria or else some South Africans will pay dearly for it.

To the Nigerian military (The Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta) don’t bother for now placing officers on alert, we will not bomb nor kill anybody for the time being, as we had communicated months back, we no long require IED or car bombs as we’ve gone pass that stage. Nigerians as a whole will feel our presence when we finally decide to carry out our targets which will not be restricted to the Niger Delta Region alone.

We so much understand the job load of an image maker but I most point our here clearly that the JTF’s spokesman, Lt.-Col. Onyeama Nwachukwu will have much jobs to do in the region anytime soon for thinking we rely on the OLD COMMANDERS that sold out to take up arms on behalf of our leader, just don’t underrate our capabilities which will take the Nigerian Military another 10 years to catch.
We are not on the same program with regional agitators in the north or elsewhere, we will not hide our faces, soon and very soon, Nigerians will get to see the structures (Diaspora and Home) as well as our new states, regional commanders and new National Leader, arresting and killing Henry Okah will change nothing.

To the Nigerian Government, you have seen NOTHING, the disintegration of Nigeria will start through us and by us, we are well equipped for this task. We have details of all the family members of the Government (1999-2013) and our Diaspora Command will take care of that aspect, we will get to them, we will skin them and post their remains to your door steps as compensation to the Ode people, except our resources are handed over to us without conditions.

All Federal, States and Local Government officials under the pay roll of the Government ( ministers, Permanent Secretaries, Director Generals, Directors etc ) should stay away from the Niger Delta, if found anywhere in the South South region, they will have themselves to blame and that is if they live to tell the tales.

The Minister of the Niger Delta Ministry Mr. Orubebe Peter Godsday is hereby banished from Delta State and the region at large pending when he returns the money he stole which was meant for the Niger Delta Development Councils and also while with:

(a) Burutu Local Government Council, Delta State (1991-1993),
(b) As second Member: Primary Education Board, Asaba, Delta State 2000-2003.
(c) As the Special Adviser to James Ibori former Delta State Governor on Urban/Regional Planning between January 2004 and November 2005.

This whole money belongs to the Niger Delta people and most be return or he should be ready to face the consequences along with your nuclear and immediate family members.

To our Natural Resources, there will soon be a massive earthquake that will be trigged by our nuclear war head, this earthquake will destroy the entire oil wells, oil pipelines especially to Kaduna refinery, oil installations, oil rigs and what have you, when it happens, which we know will be very soon, the Government and those owners of these oil wells and installation will know it’s a different ball game.

All oil companies, (foreign or local) should start parking up from the region as this might be the last warning, we really will not want civilians to be caught in between so please take this warning seriously.

To our old breed Commanders, you can talk as much as you want just because you were bought over for a token but we wonder why the fight against your masters, the hurricane is almost there and it will sweep everything left.

And finally to the South Africa Companies: we made some promises before and now we are repeating same, LEAVE NIGERIA totally, there will be massive and aggressive campaign on all companies owned, operated and affiliated to the South African Citizens or their Government both in Nigeria, Western and Southern Africa respectively.

OUR CAMPAIGN START AFTER HENRY OKAH’S APPEAL.
WE WILL MAKE A POINT!!!!
SIGNED:
COMRADE AZIZI
23rd January 2013

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/117353-mend-threatens-deadly-offensive-that-might-bring-down-nigeria.html

LOL, this is some of the funniest ish I've ever read!! I'm sitting here laughing my ass off.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by ofegge73(m): 1:07am On Jan 27, 2013
AFTER cessation of hostilities for some months in
the Niger-Delta, the Movement for the Emancipation
of the Niger-Delta, MEND, weekend, threatened to
bomb telecommunication giant, MTN, SACOIL and
other investments of South Africa in Nigeria because
of alleged interference of President Jacob Zuma in
its struggle for justice in the Niger-Delta.
The militant group issued the warning in an internet
post by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, shortly after it
bombarded the National Agip Oil Company, NAOC,
trunk line at Brass in Bayelsa state on Saturday.
In a disguised reference to the tribulation of its
assumed leader, Henry Okah and postponement of
his trial in by a South-African court, the militant
group said the South Africa President has reduced
himself to a mercenary of President Goodluck
Jonathan.
According to it: “In the dark days to come, MTN,
SACOIL, and other South African investments will
pay a heavy price for the interference of Jacob Zuma
in the legitimate fight for justice in the Niger Delta
by its people. The South African President has
reduced himself to the position of a hired thug for
Goodluck Jonathan”.
The group, which also announced a new phase for
its struggle for justice, claimed responsibility for the
January 28 bombing of the Ogbogbabene country
home of the Minister of Niger-Delta, Elder Peter
Godsday Orubebe in Burtutu Local Government Area
of Delta State.
In the words of the group, “On Saturday, the 4th of
February at 1930hrs, fighters of the Movement for
the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D)
attacked and destroyed the Agip trunk line at brass
in Bayelsa State in the Niger Delta region of
Nigeria”.
“This relatively insignificant attack is a reminder of
our presence in the creeks of the Niger Delta and a
sign of things to come”, it stated.
“We have constantly warned Nigerians about
Goodluck Jonathan and his train of idiots running
Nigeria. Events of the last few months have
vindicated our position on his inability to lead
Nigeria anywhere but downwards”, the group
added.
“Rather than address serious issues facing the
nation and its citizens, Goodluck Jonathan
squanders public funds on tribalistic sycophants
and thugs calling themselves ex-militants.
“Nigerians should disregard the idle threats and
ranting of imaginary militant groups and other hired
“Jonathan praise singers”. Besides empty talk, they
are unable to help Jonathan in any way. In fact most
so called ex-militants are hiding in Abuja or Lagos,
not venturing near their villages in the Niger Delta.
“Our silence thus far, has been strategic and at the
right time, we will reduce Nigerian oil production to
zero and drive off our land, thieving oil companies.
British petroleum is prepared to pay $25 billion
compensation for the Gulf of Mexico oil spillage, yet
for worse spillages in the Niger Delta; our people are
paid with death at the hands of the Nigerian
military”, it asserted.
It stated, “In the dark days to come, MTN, SACOIL,
and other South African investments will pay a
heavy price for the interference of Jacob Zuma in the
legitimate fight for justice in the Niger Delta, by its
people. The South African President has reduced
himself to the position of a hired thug for Goodluck
Jonathan”.
It continued, “The Movement for the Emancipation
of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) understands the
negative impact our assault on the Nigerian oil
industry will have on the ordinary citizen in a
country which relies almost entirely on one source of
revenue”.
“Unfortunately, the extremely irresponsible,
floundering government of Nigeria is more
concerned with enriching themselves and family
members than attending to the problems of the
Niger Delta and the continuously depreciating
standard of living of the ordinary Nigerian.
“A government incapable of managing roads,
refineries, power stations and other basic
infrastructure is again squandering valuable public
funds on a committee tasked with investigating the
viability of nuclear energy for electricity generation.
“The government of Nigeria is incapable of safely
disposing household refuse. How then do they plan
to deal with the toxic by-product of nuclear energy?
Nigerians must know that their president is
controlled by Obasanjo, Western nations, wife and
an army of sorcerers”, it added.
According to it, “In this new phase of our struggle
for justice, the Movement for the Emancipation of
the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) will pay considerable
attention to dealing with security forces and
traitorous indigenes of the Niger Delta”.
“In this regard, MEND wishes to confirm that our
fighters were responsible on the attack at
Ogbobagbene in Burutu local government area of
Delta State, on the compound of Godsday Orubebe,
Minister for Niger Delta.
“The general public is again advised to take very
seriously, any warnings of impending bombings.
Such warnings will always precede a bombing,
providing sufficient time for evacuation.
“Specific members of the security services and the
media will in addition to email, receive notification
of an impending attack, by SMS in order to minimize
the possibility of civilian casualties”, it stated.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Umunede(m): 1:12am On Jan 27, 2013
0lumide: How can we now prob Jonathan for coming on live TV to say MEND didn't do it even though they did?

Did all the Niger Delta violence make people saying "Buhari is a terrorist" not vote for Jonatha?

Why isn't Jonathan seen as a terrorist? Jonathan came openly to defend terrorists. Buhari never did anything of such.

We have put a secessionist in power. That is our problem. We have put a man who has no deep passion for Nigeria's success.

JONATHAN MUST GO!!!!

buhari/boko haram attack churches
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by onome25(m): 1:19am On Jan 27, 2013
atikubaba: empty noise.
my brother pls we shouldn.t stand online to think this guyz are making empty noise;this was how we took boko haram warnings for granted bt when they started,i guess u saw hw nigeria was turning into confusion.
this boys are more than the boko haram & pls remember that a strike on oil facilities alone will bring nigeria to a state of economy standstill.
hw do u feel if only nupeng goes on strike? (talk more of destruction on oil facilities)pls lets come together & pray for nigeria tnx.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by madan(f): 1:20am On Jan 27, 2013
tunapawizzy: see ds mumu looking 4 daily bread o...anyway me i go happy if u can target d families of politician and people in power
u are heartless. Is it all the people in power that are corrupt? Why are u happy abt some stupid people wanting to kill and destroy? SMH!
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 27, 2013
Nonsense! What was he doing in South Africa? He is a wanted individual. They can go to hell with their bluffing if they like.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Afam4eva(m): 1:33am On Jan 27, 2013
Maybe they're confusing Nuclear family with Nuclear war. What they mean is that they will use weapons that are used in nuclear families(knife, dagger, poison etc) to destroy Nigeria. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by slimfit1(m): 1:36am On Jan 27, 2013
la furia: so who will mend attack fellow ijaw people or pipelines? before they attack oil pipelines, they should go to ogoni and see the environmental destruction there that will take 30 years to clean up. they should think well before they start. the north is suffering already and destroying itself.......

Please avoid expensive physical destruction just face your politicians please I beg u with God oh. If you blow those refineries that's another contract scan opportunities for another contractor. Think carefully u have my support if you do it wisely.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by TheGodmother(f): 1:44am On Jan 27, 2013
safarigirl: Mumu people, they have seen who to threaten.

My friend, when Ojukwu declared Biafra, he didn't go about writing letters 'to whom it may concern'

When South Sudan seceded, they didn't go about threatening to blow up the entire country.

If you think you have the balls, come out and fight instead of writing useless statements under candle light while drinking a bottle of ogogoro and getting head from some ashi. Mtcheewww

My dear child, little wonder people forget too soon. My only intrigue with MEND is that its the only body that will warn and tell you the exact place to expect a bombing...and make GOOD of its threat. I still don't understand the secret behind it. And now, legally sponsored by the government in the name of amnesty, have you asked yourself where a better part of the billions allocated to them went? Have you asked yourself the real reason Asari Dokubo adopted another country? He's no fool, he's seen the writings on the wall of an impending non-stop attack and knows that it will make or mar Nigeria. Niger delta militants gave the Nigerian military a good amphibious exercise, hence the amnesty. I hope you don't expect the tired JTF to protect you cos with the recent attacks by boko haram and sophisticated renewed attacks by Niger Delta militants, we, the citizens of FRN are at the full mercy of our deity.

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 27, 2013
Let us pray and weep for Naija embarassed cry undecided
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Ilekokonit: 1:56am On Jan 27, 2013
Nuclear warhead ??

I THINK NOT.

Iran with all its oil money and dedicated scientists has not been able to develop a Nuclear warhead yet.

This points to the "purported" MEND statement as the fabrication of a disgruntled Nigerian meant to cause mass fear and panic in an already overheated polity.

I can bet my last dollar that "The Real Mend" will disown the writeup in the next few days.

BUT Goodluck and the Security Agencies should be at Full Alert.

Oju lalakan fin sho ri (A hawker of live crabs in a basket perched on her head has to keep an eye on her head lest she gets bitten by an escapee crab).

1 Like

Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 27, 2013
^ Iran Nuclear warhead is different.
Mend can easily buy an obsolete nuclear warhead from Ukraine/those ex URSS countries.
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by PaulJohn1: 2:17am On Jan 27, 2013
Cameron I'm with you, *weeping and praying for Naija*
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by miiraaj: 2:20am On Jan 27, 2013
Eziachi:
Don't talk daft! Jonathan is Nigeria and Nigeria is Jonathan. Without Nigeria who the heck is Jonathan?
How can he not have no passion for himself?

Comment from a beer parlour
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by LagosBoi2(m): 2:26am On Jan 27, 2013
0lumide: How can we now prob Jonathan for coming on live TV to say MEND didn't do it even though they did?

Did all the Niger Delta violence make people saying "Buhari is a terrorist" not vote for Jonatha?

Why isn't Jonathan seen as a terrorist? Jonathan came openly to defend terrorists. Buhari never did anything of such.

We have put a secessionist in power. That is our problem. We have put a man who has no deep passion for Nigeria's success.

JONATHAN MUST GO!!!!

On Point !!!!!

Sai BUHARI
Re: MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon by LagosBoi2(m): 2:34am On Jan 27, 2013
Umunede: buhari/boko haram attack churches

Go and refresh your brain with alomo mixed with GO-90. smh..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. / Deputy Gov’s Brother Decamps Ahead Of Governorship Election / Gov. Ayade’s Defection: Why APC Must Not Celebrate Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.