Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,571 members, 7,911,485 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 11:22 AM

Have Separate Metadata For Jquery Tabs - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Have Separate Metadata For Jquery Tabs (675 Views)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Separate Metadata For Jquery Tabs by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Written by Olumide Kuforiji

Extract and separate metadata from website tabs you constructed using JQuery, a Java-based technology that allows you to easily create interactive websites. Metadata provides key information about embedded Web content to search engines so that Web users are able to locate websites in search results. If you don't manually extract metadata from the content of JQuery tabs, search engines aren't able to read the metadata and, therefore, aren't able to catalog your site's content accurately.Let me give you simple instruction on how to go about it:-

Instructions
Open the HTML file for the page where the JQuery tabs display. If the tabs display prominently on your site's homepage, open "index.html."

Start a new line within the HTML document anywhere within the "<html></html>" tags. Paste in the following code:

<li class="someclass {some:'random', json: 'data'}">...</li>

<script>
$('li.someclass').each(function(){
var data = $.metadata.get(this);
alert(data.some);
});
</script>

Replace "someclass" with the class name you have ascribed to your JQuery tabs. By default, this is "ui-tabs.

(1) (Reply)

How To Develop J2me App For A Blog. / Netlogo Programmer? / Urgent: Anroid Testers Needed !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.