Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,126 members, 7,880,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:01 PM

Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) (17915 Views)

What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari With Ezekwesili & A Little Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
GARRI (x7):

How does that change the fact that GEJ and Co wasted abt 10 trillion??

SHUT that your mouth there CLOWN.... which 10 trillion?? Una don start again..
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by takedat(m): 11:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
So what happens if the displaced wicked step-mother turns out to be nicer/fairer than the new wife? Such a dumb parable from government dumbos!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 11:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
dapotemi: It is nt too long,it is nt too late!She has finally succumb to d fact dat dis GEJ adm is irredeemable!She only took her time to study wat d govt had done,wat they r doin nd where GEJ is leadin nig,its quite obvious more dan eva b4 dat wit GEJ,there is no hope.
Instead of callin her names,GEJ's bulldog like Reno,Okupe,Abati and some NL shud challenge her theoretically wit facts nd figures.That is wat intellectuals do,not name-callin or mudslidding

MUMU-ish (now am name-calling you) tongue...respond to this if you have sufficient brain power to so so that is:

Yes OBJ left more than $60billion in our Foreign Reserves b4 he left (though he had negotiatd d removal of $10billion for the NIPP projects just b4 leaving). A huge chunck of d money (more than $20billions was removd during d 3 yrs of Yar'adua who didnt do much during his time as I hv always said here); to be fair to Yar'adua, it was during his time dat d 2008-2009 World economic crisis happend such that parts of d fund was usd to augment d Money shard by d Federation and also to defend d Naira by Sanusi's CBN, although he also allowd State Governors to pressurise him to 'share' out sm of d moneys for their own 'urgent state projects'. This trend continued unfortunately briefly unda GEJ until middle of 2011 when d decline in d Reserve's value was reversd and it began to increase again. The Reserves and the Excess Crude fund for instance both increasd from about $32billion and $4.5billion at d beginning of 2012 to about $44.6billion and $9.6billion respectively within dat one yr period and is still increasing ($1billion was also set aside for d critical SWF fund within d same period). Questns needs to be askd about what ALL d monies drawn from d Account during d 3 yrs of Yar'adua and the 1st yr of GEJ were usd for both in d Federal but also in d State and LGA levels, still this is d FULLER stori

Bunch of NOISEMAKERS...
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by takedat(m): 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
taharqa:

MUMU-ish (now am name-calling you) tongue...respond to this if you have sufficient brain power to so so that is:

Bunch of sillly NOISEMAKERS...

In your attempt to side with Maku and Omokri,you have contradicted some of the figures he gave in his rejoinder. Maku claimed that OBJ made $5.5billion commitments for power project and here you gave the figure as $10billion.

The battle is already lost from government's side, so don't dissipate more energy trying to stray intelligent folks!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2013
GARRI (x7):

You don't seem to know what this issue is about. I'D advise you to go and read up the complete story of her allegation before commenting further, else you'll just consolidate the impression you're creating of urself as an intellectually handicapped fellow..

oh i do understand the issues bro

Ms. Ezekwesili, now Senior Economic Adviser, Africa Economic Policy Development Initiative, said she realized how severe the nation’s education woes had been while she headed the ministry.
Her efforts at reforms failed to yield as the government soon left office.
In a lengthy presentation to graduating students who she urged to lead a new generation of change for the country, Ms. Ezekwesili painted the well-known sobering picture of Nigeria’s decades of oil wealth and how each administration since independence has not been an exception at wasting them through “tragic choices”.
“Neither our thirty four years of cumulative military governance nor the nineteen cumulative years thus far of our democratic governance provided us “inclusive and accountable governance,”
she said.

Not only did she fail, she admitted that they, including herself, had been on a squandering mission, but folks have been too hypocritical to notice that, of cos her focus now shifted to the yar adua\ gej regime, which was the candy for most people here.

which begs the question, why did she find her voice now? your thread gave a statement which aptly describe her.

A wicked stepmother offering you sweets, and a quote to boot.

Patriots dont wait until they're out of power before speaking the truth. Truth is constant. It doesn't become truth only when you lose out

Which happens to be the discussion of the thread.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 28, 2013
ballabriggs: This is what you get when Zona leaves his sapele water within the reach of children. Everyone steals it to sip when he travels to Davos and starts spewing trash.

Jona keep that water out of the reach of children now, Animals!!!
grin
ballabriggs: This is what you get when Zona leaves his sapele water within the reach of children. Everyone steals it to sip when he travels to Davos and starts spewing trash.

Jona keep that water out of the reach of children now, Animals!!!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 12:10am On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: In your attempt to side with Maku and Omokri,you have contradicted some of the figures he gave in his rejoinder. Maku claimed that OBJ made $5.5billion commitments for power project and here you gave the figure as $10billion.

The battle is already lost from government's side, so don't dissipate more energy trying to stray intelligent folks!

Am actuali astonished that you believe the THRASH that was said to have come out of Ezekwesili (I say 'sai to have come out of' cos am not sure she was even quoted right Or the context in which she made those comments was understood by our increasingly hopeless Press) that '$67billion was squandered by Yar'adua and GEJ's Govts'. For God's sake, was there any time the reserves went below $30 billion? embarassed embarassed
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by GARRIx7(m): 12:26am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa:

SHUT that your mouth there CLOWN.... which 10 trillion?? Una don start again..

So how much did they waste? 9.9 million??

cheesy

Liebaran Maku is a dirty DOG, and Reno Omokri is shyte, the dirty dog's shyte...

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by takedat(m): 12:32am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa:

Am actuali astonished that you believe the THRASH that was said to have come out of Ezekwesili (I say 'sai to have come out of' cos am not sure she was even quoted right Or the context in which she made those comments was understood by our increasingly hopeless Press) that '$67billion was squandered by Yar'adua and GEJ's Govts'. For God's sake, was there any time the reserves went below $30 billion? embarassed embarassed

I am not taking sides with either of Oby or Maku, just wanted to point out the error in the figures you gave with that of Maku. Since we both do not have factual figures except that of Oby's and government goons(who can cook up figures to justify government's profligacy), I feel like tilting towards Oby because even if her claims were not factual*, we never felt the impact of the spent monies!

And she has now challenged the FG to a public debate.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 28, 2013
WTH is O'Mockery? Nairalanders sha...
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by BigBenoski(m): 12:47am On Jan 28, 2013
But i miss beaf so very plenty! Dude's very sound cry
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 12:56am On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: I am not taking sides with either of Oby or Maku, just wanted to point out the error in the figures you gave with that of Maku. Since we both do not have factual figures except that of Oby's and government goons(who can cook up figures to justify government's profligacy), I feel like tilting towards Oby because even if her claims were not factual*, we never felt the impact of the spent monies!

And she has now challenged the FG to a public debate.
LOL, you are looking at my figures. Am was never sure of the PRECISION of some of those figures dat's why i usuali will use 'about' to prefix such them; look at d entire explanatn of dat comment though and you wud know why saying anybody 'squandered $67billion of Foreign Reserves' is just sillly.... By d way just bn curious, why wud you bn 'closer' to what Ezekwesili was 'reportd' to hv said than what Maku explaind??
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by takedat(m): 1:29am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: LOL, you are looking at my figures. Am was never sure of the PRECISION of some of those figures dat's why i usuali will use 'about' to prefix such them; look at d entire explanatn of dat comment though and you wud know why saying anybody 'squandered $67billion of Foreign Reserves' is just sillly.... By d way just bn curious, why wud you bn 'closer' to what Ezekwesili was 'reportd' to hv said than what Maku explaind??
Because Oby was part of the government that bequeathed the controversial accounts to the Yaradua/GEJ government. Maku on the other hand is unreliable and knows nothing on the working of government finances. NOI would have been in a better position to disprove Oby's claim!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 1:56am On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: Because Oby was part of the government that bequeathed the controversial monies to the Yaradua/GEJ government. Maku on the other hand is unreliable and knows nothing on the working of government finances. NOI would have been in a better position to disprove Oby's claim!
Maku is d SPOKESPERSON of d Govt; he is d ONLY official REP of d Govt in d strictest sense of dat word, and since it is a written press release, he must hv had access to every resource of Govt including d Min of Finance, CBN etc (at least dat is d assumptn).... BUT dat is not even rili important. My questn to you was why you wud bliv any person, moreso when they are 'reportd' to hv said so, that '$67billion was squandered by d 2 Govts' without even d slightest explanatn as to how dat is even possible when d lowest value of d reserve was never below $30billion and is even now increasing. I cant just undastad dat, and need to plz explain it to me...
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by ballabriggs: 2:11am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: Maku is d SPOKESPERSON of d Govt; he is d ONLY official REP of d Govt in d strictest sense of dat word, and since it is a written press release, he must hv had access to every resource of Govt including d Min of Finance, CBN etc (at least dat is d assumptn).... BUT dat is not even rili important. My questn to you was why you wud bliv any person, moreso when they are 'reportd' to hv said so, that '$67billion was squandered by d 2 Govts' without even d slightest explanatn as to how dat is even possible when d lowest value of d reserve was never below $30billion and is even now increasing. I cant just undastad dat, and need to plz explain it to me...

$30 billion reserves for a nation like Nigeria is less than 6 months worth of import. Not enough to assure investors on macro economic stability if they are to base their decisions on reserves.

It is increasing for one reason now and that is the CBN raising interest rates given the budget of consumption run by the government. You can see the CBN battling everyday with the interest rates to maintain price stability. The focus is on the reserves and it has the down side of crowding-out real sector borrowing. Listen to Lamido Sanusi's interview on Bloomberg and hear him talk of these things.

As early as 2011 the IMF had urged Nigeria to raise interest rates and devalue the naira as reserves were rapidly going down. Jona was the President at the time and so I don't know what Maku's defence is all about. He clearly does not have an understanding of what he has spewed there.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by taharqa: 2:38am On Jan 28, 2013
ballabriggs:

$30 billion reserves for a nation like Nigeria is less than 6 months worth of import. Not enough to assure investors on macro economic stability if they are to base their decisions on reserves.

It is increasing for one reason now and that is the CBN raising interest rates given the budget of consumption run by the government. You can see the CBN battling everyday with the interest rates to maintain price stability. The focus is on the reserves and it has the down side of crowding-out real sector borrowing. Listen to Lamido Sanusi's interview on Bloomberg and hear him talk of these things.

As early as 2011 the IMF had urged Nigeria to raise interest rates and devalue the naira as reserves were rapidly going down. Jona was the President at the time and so I don't know what Maku's defence is all about. He clearly does not have an understanding of what he has spewed there.
Oh! Lawd. What did u just say now? What do you tink we are debating? I mean what is d correlatn. Jeez.... By d way, d Reserves is currently about $46billion, and is increasing..
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2013
o'boy:
I thought patience ozokwor plays the role of a "wicked stepmother" than anybody
is Oby now into Acting?
lmao. that Twitter rant is very beafy in nature... grin
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by OmoTier1(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa:

I hope you know that this woman has been in the thick of the Nigeria economy as a member of the strong economic team during Obasanjo's second term and she is very much sure of what she is saying. Also, even though I most do not like foreigners telling our own story better, the British PM corroborated Mrs Ezekwesili's claims during His speech in DAVOS last week and as Well as several financial analyst.

I think it ifurther weakens GEJ's government in international circle by using crude tools to attack Mrs Ezekwesili in person, rather, let His government use the right avenue to explain tovNigerians the true amount she met in the coffers and how that money has been spent or what it was spent on!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by OmoTier1(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: Maku is d SPOKESPERSON of d Govt; he is d ONLY official REP of d Govt in d strictest sense of dat word, and since it is a written press release, he must hv had access to every resource of Govt including d Min of Finance, CBN etc (at least dat is d assumptn).... BUT dat is not even rili important. My questn to you was why you wud bliv any person, moreso when they are 'reportd' to hv said so, that '$67billion was squandered by d 2 Govts' without even d slightest explanatn as to how dat is even possible when d lowest value of d reserve was never below $30billion and is even now increasing. I cant just undastad dat, and need to plz explain it to me...
In a serious government, when it comes to matters such as embezzlement of funds, the President Himself will seek a platform to quickly address the accusation raised by Mrs Ezekwesili. Your claim that Maku must have had access to Ministry of Finance, CBN is just laughable! Do you think Sanusi or NOI will waste their time for a political jobber like Maku when they obviously know the truth? Watch out, the President will soon discredit Maku as this accusation and debt continues in some circles.
Some of you really have short memory, and for real people that do have a wicked heart. Was it not in 2010 when GEJ in the name of share the money democracy allowed the governors to keep dipping their hands in the excess crude reserves to fund their frivolous life styles instead of asking them to tighten their belt and look internally to generate funds? We're you not alive when every month the FAC keep dolling out billions of dollars in monthly allocations which were mainly gotten from the excess crude reserves? I remember reading an article on one of the dailies then depicting how the excess crude reserves was systematically depleted with nothing to show for it. They claim it was to cushion the effect of the global economic crisis, but today, can the FG show Nigerians any major infrastructural project she spent those billions on dollars on? Which major super highway was constructed, which high speed rail was built, how many ultra modern schools and hospital, which public water works was renovated, etc.

Each time I am in Toronto, I see the huge infrastructure works going on in their public infrastructure and most are traceable to the funds used to cushion the economic crisis and not just in Toronto, I see the same in Edmonton, in Vancouver etc. How many states in Nigeria can One say a massive federal government project is ongoing courtesy of the excess crude oil reserve funds or the draw down on the foreign reserves?

We know where the funds went to. The over 1tn naira stolen in the name of fuel subsidy comes from this fund. The billions stolen by GEJ to fund his re-election comes from His fund! GEJ is laying His foundation to become the biggest looter of Nigeria treasury following in the footsteps of Abacha, Ibb, Obasanjo!,

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by AZeD1(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2013

The bolded is a big fat LIE
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Sagamite(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2013
Kamanda: I love the Guy hustle Gann.

RENO O'MOCKERY

AKA Beaf,Sincere9gerian,Taharqa,Billionaire,thelastpope,Symphony,Deri,EffeanyiDemocracyforever... etc,etc,etc

He must really be ridiculously highly paid or severely sick in the head.

I think it is the latter.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2013
Vive la Aso-Rock! @Beaf has a reason to live once again grin grin grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by OmerianConsult: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2013
For exposing all u thieves
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by bigmo1(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Lawd. What did u just say now? What do you tink we are debating? I mean what is d correlatn. Jeez.... By d way, d Reserves is currently about $46billion, and is increasing..
Was that so hard for you to comprehend? If you can't stand intellectual argument, pls restrict yourself to bear parlours where you can argue over å bottle of bear or at least newspaper stands.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by thelastPope(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2013
When I first head Ms Oby's statement, I just laughed! Only in Nigeria do you find this kind of politics. You can hardly hear opposition parties make baseless and spurious claims like this in sane countries. How much does Nigeria make per Annum? Most Nigerians acually delude themselves to think Nigeria is a rich country with so much to spend. Nigeria is a poor country. Just compare your budget to the number of citizens and then compare to other countries and you will see how poor Nigeria is.
Oby is getting ready for politics and has to make a big entry so that is why she is making sensational statements. The reserve has never gone below $30 billion so her claims are outright false. But of course, I understand when the ACN/CPC crew jump on it. We know their goals. Those who love Nigeria will welcome criticisms, but from El Rufai to Ms Oby, it is a big joke!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2013
Ain't it a shame that our prsent government can only cry out or criticize back when salient truths about them are told.

Can you imagine Maku going on air on a show of shame and calling out the budgeted fees that Obi collected as minister.

One thing i have learnt is that seriously GEJ has no right to that office. You claim someone is corrupt and stole

billions of naira and you kept quiet only to open your foul smelling mouth when criticized by the person.

We Nigerians can see through this fad and can't wait to vote GEJ out seriously.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2013
Na una sabi una wahala grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by giftbz(m): 9:59am On Jan 28, 2013
Please can anybody in the house tell me what is Reno Omokri, is it the name of Teddy bear, animal, place or thing?
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by nuorlah: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2013
There is something about the way he said it.

He has some good points though totally based on sentiments.

Where has Ezekwesili been all the while? Why is she just talking?

The Gej people would have to do better than name calling. Can they not just counter her arguments if she was wrong?
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by thelastPope(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2013
big mo:
Was that so hard for you to comprehend? If you can't stand intellectual argument, pls restrict yourself to bear parlours where you can argue over å bottle of bear or at least newspaper stands.

There is absolutely nothing intellectual in your statement. It is just beer parlour gossip!
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by globalaid(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2013
imagine people paying with our tax payer money coming here to insult us. Why is it so hard to tolerate a decent criticism. This people do not have anything to offer us.
Re: Reno Omokri Calls Oby Ezekwesili A "Wicked Step Mother"... (pics Included) by thelastPope(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah: There is something about the way he said it.

He has some good points though totally based on sentiments.

Where has Ezekwesili been all the while? Why is she just talking?

The Gej people would have to do better than name calling. Can they not just counter her arguments if she was wrong?

What is there to counter in her statement? All she has said is nothing but beer parlour gossip! If the reserve is at $46 B how was it squandered? How do you squander something that is still there and rising? The NASS fought GEJ most of 2012 for refusing to release funds so the ministries can implement the budget. They even threathened to impeach him. If he is such a squander, the NASS would be his best friend surely! Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate / Jibrin Admits Receiving N650Million In Illegal Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.