Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,275 members, 7,887,796 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:59 PM

How They Treat Madmen In Sudan - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How They Treat Madmen In Sudan (14763 Views)

Apostasy Woman Flies Out Of Sudan / Please Treat As Urgent / Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by CGKing(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Black Peni5: LOOK OP...They are better ways to promote islam rather than an Isolated act of kindness.

Or u mean propaganda
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Parnassuss(m): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
bilms: Hamid Abdulmalik Al-Hassan, a Nigerian living in Sudan wrote:

I just came back from a local restaurant nearby, I was hungry as hell and
thought it would be wise to catch a quick break.

... While I was at the
restaurant eating, a mad man came in and walked straight to the cashier
and stood quietly.
Below is the conversation between the cashier and the
mad man:
Cashier: Kaif inta? (How are you?)
Mad man: Wallahi miskeen ana bas (By God I am just a poor fellow)
Cashier: Inta dayir ta'akul shunu tayyib (What would you like to eat
then?)
Mad man: {Stood quiet}
The cashier ordered a meal for the mad man.
At this point in time, all I am
thinking of is the health hazard.
The mad man, took his meal and sat
exactly on a chair next to a man. To tell you the fact, I lost my appetite, but
then I learnt a very important lesson about life. The cashier who
happened to be the owner of the restaurant was ready to loose all his
customers to feed this hungry, homeless soul.

As I was struggling to with my food, I heard a whisper in the deepest part
of my being saying:

And as for the begger, do not repel.[Qur'an 93:10]

Then my mind raced some thousands of kilometers the opposite side of
the world, America, land of the free. Imagin some random mad man
walking into some random restaurant in Washinton DC, imagine the
response of the restaurant management, imagine the response of the
people eating in it, I assure you that restaurant will never see the daylight
till the end of this world. Yet they point accusing fingers thousands of kilometers and call Sudanese terrorists. Now considering how the Sudanese in the Khartoum the Capital of Sudan
treat their mad people, how do you think they will treat their fellow
healthy brothers?

To tell you the truth, you will be amazed at the way Sudanese treat
people, be you a foreigner or son of the soil, and all these hospitality is
built into their culture as a result of Islam. If this is what terrorism is all
about, then I am proud to be a terrorist myself smiley

Lol nice post but you only assume that they would throw the 'mad man' out of an American restaurant. Besides why did you draw a conclusion from one experience in a country filled to its brim with problems which directly contradict your claim?

All the same it is an inspiring post, you just need to temper it with a dose of reality.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by andyanders: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
OP, that is in Sudan and not in other parts of the world. Feeding a madman is ok in the sight of the creator because all that is required is to cast away the demon and he would be made whole.

We should understand that life is all about us knowing that we cannot create life.we should try to show love to one another irrespective of the sickness with anybody.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
Obinnau: eyaa!! That is what i call the act of humanity.

there was a king who was treating a lunatic likewise and when the story unfolded, the lunatic was the king's elder broda who was supposed to be king himself but went mad.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
Parnassuss:

Lol nice post but you only assume that they would throw the 'mad man' out of an American restaurant. Besides why did you draw a conclusion from one experience in a country filled to its brim with problems which directly contradict your claim?

All the same it is an inspiring post, you just need to temper it with a dose of reality.

abeg ask him if the story wont end well without mentioning U.S.

Biased writer...
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by searay(m): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
In as much as I don't like posting my comment here to avoid unecessary embarassment, I believe that this thread being on the Front Page is meant for the general consumption.

I have only two question for the OP viz:
1. What is civlization?
2. Which is better? giving the madman free food(as dirty and filty as he is plus including the nuisance he is constituting) and having a place where people with this condition are kept and cared for.

Mr Seun, you can do Nigeria a big favour by forwarding the OP's IP to the SSS for investigation. Terrorism is a threat to National development.
Thankyou.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Vansnickers: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Fallacy of composition. What you just said is similar to me saying that all Nigerians are dishonest since I have met at least one dishonest Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Krucifax(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Kudos to the Cashier and according to you Sudanese hospitality very nice of him and them. What concerns me is how you attempt to make a connection with hospitality and Islam!

Lets look at hospitality for a second shall we? Now we will pick a very islamic country say Saudi Arabia,in this country there are very strict laws regarding the practice of other religions and other cultures. There is essentially a non-recognition for them. However if a muslim where to go to Washington DC(as you picked this one),there are mosques he can go to for prayers "OPENLY". There are restaurants he can find Halal food "OPENLY". He also would not be arrested if he should say KISS HIS WIFE in public. Now that is hospitality in my books.

You story makes out to demonise western non-adherent's of your faith,but you seem not to have heard of the countless stories in the west of individual kindness from people to strangers that was not put down to their faith or religion.
Did you hear of the New York Police man that offered new shoes to the dirty,homeless beggar without shoes at the tube station? He didn't quote any verses from any holy books,he just expressed his humanity.

A man i know (non-muslim) once picked up a new lost traveler in London and took her to his family home(with his wife and kids) and kept her for days(roof,warmth and food) till he helped her track down her relative in London. He too didn't quote any verses from any holy books ..oh and did i mention he ain't a muslim?

Point is being hospitable and charitable is good and should be practiced where possible by all regardless of faith belief.But please don't come here and point fingers!! Telling us one group of people are better than others because of their religion that's just nonsense. You have a good day now!!

... While I was at the
and stood quietly.
mad man:
then?)

of my being saying:

till the end of this world. Yet they point accusing fingers thousands of kilometers and call Sudanese terrorists. Now considering how the Sudanese in the Khartoum the Capital of Sudan
healthy brothers?

6 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Aafulenu(f): 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
lol op is very very funny,
its just like a visitor comming to onitsha and see me feeding my insane uncle who runz half unclad in osha, and come to NL to announce hw they treat mad men in onitsha. lol

did u eva stop to think if the man was a relation?
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oga Seun you de play wayo oooooo, you for let me insult this guy well and the useless Sudanese with misplaced priorities.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by eldagaius(m): 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
LIer. Hate Preacher that's what you are. One can easily deduce why u posted this nonsensical cock and bull story. Get a life please.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Abraham2013(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
If na 4 naija, dem no go even allow am enta mama put talkers of fast food joint
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Paschal007: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Chei! grin the op is no where to be found. undecided Crazy replies, in a crazy thread about a crazy man from a crazy op.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by dnawah(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
But y do they treat mad men well and kill christians?:-@
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Burger01(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
This OP self!! You are discombobulated. How could you liken a simple alms gesture with terrorism? Do you really know the meaning of terrorism and a poor man? I am not a muslin and definitely not a terrorist and still I feed people I dont know.....
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Jordanmusa(m): 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2013

... While I was at the
and stood quietly.
mad man:
then?)

of my being saying:

healthy brothers?

shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarap muslim. Bleep!
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by McDean: 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
Honestly..i'm short of words..firstly,ow can sum1 be so..infact i realy dnt knw wat 2 say anymore..my felow gud naira landers who can diferentiate btw the act of givin alm from religion belief..givin a mad man food doesn't mean He's a God fearin type and promotin islam tru dat iz jux an error of d mind..wu knws how other muslims in dat country are treatin dia neighbours talkles of mad men...mtcheeew..islam is a way of peace like christianity but ppl like YOU are d ones defacing dat religion...its jux in ur blood making inocents sufering 4 ur foolish course..killing ppl outside ur religion is nt wat ALLAH requires of u..HE doesn't want d death of d sinners but 2 repent..u'v got no right 2 judge and kill inocent ppl 4 ALLAH's sake u ''terrorist'' instead u mite jux preach ur belief 2 d person and free ur conscience and leave d person 4 ALLAH to judge..tel me mr ''terrorist'' wu wud want 2 b a muslim wif all diz ur bloody reputation?datz y u're makin islam to loose thousands of muslims to other "peace loving" religions..think abt it and stop getin carried away by d Americans..jux do ur own and leave d rest 4 ALLAH 2 determine...mtcheeew..
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by COOLDUN: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
I don't care about all the trash you posted here to teach us what we already know about you people and your religion, I have a question for you. 1: What has the America got to do with this your fabricated incident? 2: Why is America included in all the muslim comments about hostilities? I would advice you to direct your new findings to your Northern muslim leaders on how to change your lives over there by feeding all the mad people and beggars.

Does your muslim kindness forbid to forgive the innocent Igbo tailor who mistakenly spoke a word incorrectly that took his life and other three innocent ones in Kano last year? muslims your hospitality and kindness are only meant for your fellow tribal people not even all the muslims.It was during the Kano riot of 1991, i knew that there is no regards for all these Southerners claiming muslims in Nigeria. We Christians are the ones that rescued most of them and their families from the core northern muslims areas those periods.

Make efforts to cleans your religion the terrorists that are using it to destroy other innocent people, no just telling us what you saw in Sudan. After all Damatalleb visited Yemen and went on to use his experiences on the newly acquired knowledge to write the name of Nigeria into the book of Terrorists member nations in the world.

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thats is how it starts @OP before you do something crazy.
we sense your animosity against western ideals, please seek help before you
do something evil
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
gunuvi: I was once in sudan 2010 and I enjoyed my 5 days stay in Khartoun. Most things we hear in the media are not always true especially when it is about Africa.
U canĀ“t just go to a place in five days and form a general opinion about the place.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by kalunomics(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
drafted out of poor reasoning and thirst for attribution of good reputation. Not worth commenting on!
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Oluwalala(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2013
This is the most subjective article I have ever read! It is biased, non factual and a blant disregard for truth!
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by guvna(m): 10:00am On Feb 14, 2013
NONSENSE!! It is up to one to be decent, good to help out mad man, but his smell will drive away any sensible being. Let him take d food and eat somewhere else, not with paying customers (Health and Safety Hazard for others and himself!!!).
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by zenatta: 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Heart-touching that the restaurateur shows kindness to the mad-man/beggar. Surely this is a fundamental human obligation. The only medal I would award the Generous man is giving him a most deep and profound respect for all times.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by zenatta: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
gunuvi: I was once in sudan 2010 and I enjoyed my 5 days stay in Khartoun. Most things we hear in the media are not always true especially when it is about Africa.

Baa! Reminds me of my 10-day visit to Bombay/Delhi/Chandigarh without a glimpse of lovers frollicking behind trees or whatever, as Bollywood denotes.
A few transitory days in any place could never give the truest picture
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 4:53am On Feb 21, 2013
Sexkillzdick: are u through may be he used d mad man for ritual. if u're doubting then u need to open ur own restaurant and invite man people there.

Hilarious username! grin

@topic..i wish more ppl were like that cashier/owner. May God bless him abundantly.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Ikengawo: ...Kudos to this man for feeding the madman, but attribute this to the individual not the country because we know how Sudan 'treats people'....

gbam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Eid Pictures / Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect / Hausa/fulani Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.