Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,051 members, 7,976,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:09 PM

Is Nairaland Controversial? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Controversial? (490 Views)

IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Is Nairaland A Clique? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Controversial? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
I've been thinking about this for long now and I believe many of us Nairalanders and even Non-Nairalanders who are aware of its existence might have the same notion.
I argued with a friend about Nairaland being controversial. He said Nairaland is a place where the more political and priviledged individuals,religion and religious groups,tribes etc show off their powers. Though I have to argue against him, I know he had a point. Mere looking at Nairaland, it seems special people are showered with special qualities and privilegdes which others don't have e.g the religion forum features only Muslims and christians are not allowed. In other forum like culture and politics similar thing occurs where people seems to have greater hand than others. He therefore, said "Nairaland is just bunch of bigots,spies,political and tribal wars.
I know Nairaland is more of that, though its basically true. Socialization,unity and other beneficial reasons, I believe should be the aim of Nairaland though I don't believe in the idea of unity cos its fake but Is it really controversial?
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by k2039: 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
In other forum like culture and politics similar thing occurs where people seems to have greater hand than others.
You can't expect everybody to be Ubiquitous, everyone has certain areas they are good in, areas they can defend their posts on.

Socialization,[size=14pt]unity[/size] and other beneficial reasons, I believe should be the aim of Nairaland though I don't believe in the idea of unity cos its fake but Is it really controversial?
As long as we all have different orientations towards life, we are bound to disagree.
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Chuks it crossed my mind one day but I have decided to let it go, that's just how the world is like outside NL...

*lips sealed*
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Chuks it crossed my mind one day but I have decided to let it go, that's just how the world is like outside NL...

*lips sealed*
ewoo! Dis one u're sealing up ur lips. Is dia anything I didn't know. Life outside NL shouldn't affect life and motives of NL.
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nigeria itself is controversial not to talk of the land of its monetary denom.
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nigeria itself is controversial not to talk of NL.
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Mynd44: 2:10am On Jan 29, 2013
Tell us something we don't know
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:24am On Jan 29, 2013
Mynd_44: Tell us something we don't know
one of the many examples is this ur post cry SMH
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Mynd44: 7:01am On Jan 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: one of the many examples is this ur post cry SMH
Huh?
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Huh?
u got what I said.
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2013
Mynd_44: Tell us something we don't know
u knw it alrealdy
Re: Is Nairaland Controversial? by Mynd44: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2013
Chukskalidon:
u knw it alrealdy
I don't. Seriously

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Urges Beggars To Desist From Polygamy / Do You Ever Forget Your Age? / You Need It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.