Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Help, My Car Moves Itself... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Car Moves Itself... (2240 Views)

My Car moves Reluctantly When Climbing Please Help / My Car Overheat When Ac Is On / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Car Moves Itself... by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 29, 2013
I drive a 2008 toyota camry, automatic transmission. Anytime i engage the gear, either in reverse or drive, the car starts moving even without any pressure on the throttle. i assume this to be normal with all automatic cars. However, a few days ago, i noticed that after engaging the gear, the car not only started moving but also shifted up itself. i had to turn off the engine and restarted the car. should i be worried about this? i love being in control of my car at any given time
Re: Help, My Car Moves Itself... by UncleGb: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2013
You should have gone for manual when you know you like to be in control of your car.Guess you wanted to follow what is in vogue?
Anyway your car is behaving abnormal.Take it to the workshop.
Re: Help, My Car Moves Itself... by FindOut(m): 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Supzyy: I drive a 2008 toyota camry, automatic transmission. Anytime i engage the gear, either in reverse or drive, the car starts moving even without any pressure on the throttle. i assume this to be normal with all automatic cars. However, a few days ago, i noticed that after engaging the gear, the car not only started moving but also shifted up itself. i had to turn off the engine and restarted the car. should i be worried about this? i love being in control of my car at any given time

Before it shifted, i assume ur Rpm increased i.e. It accelerated. Right? & you are ABSOLUTELY sure your foot/ footwear was not on the accelerator pedal?

If Yes, then I suspect your camry is showing signs of sudden acceleration problems which could be very dangerous. There was a widely publicised recall of 2008/2009/2010 Corollas i think over this issue. Didnt know Camry might be involved.

Now, after u read this reply, with that same internet connection, use google to locate complaint forums online to see if people have had similiar problems & find out what solutions were proferred.
Re: Help, My Car Moves Itself... by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Supzyy: I drive a 2008 toyota camry, automatic transmission. Anytime i engage the gear, either in reverse or drive, the car starts moving even without any pressure on the throttle. i assume this to be normal with all automatic cars. However, a few days ago, i noticed that after engaging the gear, the car not only started moving but also shifted up itself. i had to turn off the engine and restarted the car. should i be worried about this? i love being in control of my car at any given time

anything showing up on the dashboard ? if not start by trying cheap methods, buy transmission flash fluid, pour some into the transmission drive for 20 minutes and comes back and empty the transimission, put fresh transmission fluid

this you can do it yourself at home all you need is the spanner for the draining plug, i assume you got a your jack
Re: Help, My Car Moves Itself... by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
@uncleGb, i don't think the 08 Camry comes with the manual transmission, at least none that I've seen.its not about following whats in vogue. I won't mind driving a manual tranny if u see one.
@ find out, yes. The rev meter increases just before the car shifts. Im certain my foot is not on the gas pedal when this occurs. I initially tot the car was under cruise control or something. I'll go with your suggestion and check online forums.

(1) (Reply)

Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? / Let Us Talk Audi’s / How Do I Know A Good Tyre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.