Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,743 members, 7,879,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! (1512 Views)

Are You Looking For Job? Let The Jobs Looks For You With This. / Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? / Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by bolaoni(m): 11:56am On Mar 06, 2008
I started a thread for those planning to attend interviews some months back and the result has been tremendous. You need to check the thread out for all the positives happening there.

Now, as I was brooding on the success of the thread, it dawned on me that not everyone will even get the chance of attending an interview. A lot of people are still there searching for jobs and securing that job is an headache that needs to be cures as fast as possible. Well, I believe to those who fall into this category, solution is here. This thread will be providing so many job hunting and hiring tips that will make 2008 a successful one for every one.

I am sure a lot of people are tired of even making an effort and this informs my first post here. If you are already fed up, you can get motivated once more to give it another shot. You never can tell when the door will be opened to you.

Enjoy this article:

[center]Motivating Yourself To Find a Job[/center]

I am lazy. I like web design because I ultimately want to work (and I use the term loosely) from home.

I don’t like mornings. I don’t like working set hours. I would rather work through the night than drag myself out of bed each morning and go to work.

During the times that I was unemployed, I really didn’t do as much as I should have to find work.

This article is a retrospective reflection on my experiences with some advice on how to motivate your self to get out there and a find a job.

Set your goals

You first need to decide on what you want to do.

Are you looking a job that is the same as the one you had before, or do you want to move up a level? Perhaps you may want to change industries altogether? Or do you just want to pay the bills?

You have to decide what you want to do right at the beginning of your job search – it’s the basis for your CV and all the job applications you make.

Looking for jobs

Set aside some time each day where you can concentrate on looking for jobs.

Initially, you should be spending a lot of time creating an effective CV. After this you can spend time on the following areas:

Registering with recruitment agencies

Searching recruitment websites

Scanning the local and national press

Finding trade journals that may have jobs advertised for your industry

Sending out speculative letters to potential employers

Applying for advertised jobs (and customising your CV and covering letters if necessary)

Chasing up old contacts to find out about vacancies

Check the local job centre / employment office

Following up any letters you have sent out

You should split your tasks up so you can use your time efficiently.

Read more of this article below:

[center]Motivating Yourself To Find a Job[/center]

Next time around, I will be sharing tips to getting that job you need.

Best of luck as you get fired up! kiss
Re: Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by nkywed(f): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2008
bros u are too much. thanks a lot
Re: Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by bolaoni(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2008
I'm about rounding up some of my works for the day and I feel like ending all with
this post. It should be of importance to anyone searching for job to know the best
places to look at and that is what this article is set to achieve.

[center]How To Find Job Listings[/center]

Are you looking for a career change or are you currently unemployed? If you are, you will need to find a new job. As you likely already know, you have a number of different options when it comes to finding a job. However, you may be curious as to what all of your options are.

When it comes to finding a new job, one of the first places that you should look is in your local newspapers. Many newspapers, including those that are distributed on a daily and weekly basis, have classified sections. These sections often tend to include an employment section. In that area, there should be job listings available. While many job listings vary, you should be able to get a little bit of information about the job in question, the experience required, as well as instructions on how you can go about applying for the job.

You can also find job listings by using the internet. When using the internet, there are a number of different approaches that you can take. One of those approaches involves using websites that are sometimes referred to as career websites or job hunting websites. These are websites that partner with employers, to give you accurate and up-to-date information on job listings. What is nice about using online career websites or job hunting websites that they are free and easy to use. You can also choose to have your resume posted online. This is nice because it allows employers to find you, instead of it only being the other way around.

In addition to using online career websites or job hunting websites, you can also use the internet to find information on available jobs by visiting websites where changing careers or finding jobs are being discussed. Many times, these websites come in a message board format; a format where internet users, just like you, are able to share the information that they come across. These types of websites may not have as much information as professional career or job hunting websites, but they may have just what you are looking for.

You can also find job listings by attending career fairs, which are also commonly referred to as job fairs. These types of functions are when a number of employers set up booths, often in a large public place, like a shopping center. When attending a career fair, new job seekers, just like you, are able to visit each booth and learn more about the company in question. If you bring your resume with you, you may even get an interview right on the spot. In fact, some career fair employer participants have been known to hire new employees at career fairs too!

Depending on where you live, you may also have a career center in or around the city or town that you live in. Some cities have their own career centers, but the county that you live in should have at least one. Career centers are establishments that you can visit to get help with finding a job. Many of those on unemployment are required to visit career centers on a regular basis, but you may want to do so even if you are not on unemployment. Most careers centers are staffed with workers who can help you look for a job, determine if you are qualified for it, and so on. Also, most career centers have internet access, which can be used to search for job listings. This means that if you don’t have internet access at home, you will definitely want to look into visiting your local career center.

The above mentioned approaches are just a few of the many ways that you can go about finding job listings. Additional approaches that you may want to take involve contacting local businesses, word of mouth, and so on. For the best chance of success, you are advised to try one or more of the above mentioned methods to find job listings; job listings that you may be qualified for.

Source: http://www.careerboostingtips.com/how-to-find-job-listings/

I hope this helps someone out smiley
Re: Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by bolaoni(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2008
nkywed,

You are ALWAYS welcome cheesy

More great tips will definitely follow.

All the best
Re: Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by bolaoni(m): 7:49am On Mar 07, 2008
Hi all, I am back again. cheesy

Do we know the importance of Our Resumes (CVs) in our quest to get a job?

Well, I will be addressing that today and I am sure someone will have to shred
his/her old CV in order to make a professional one cheesy

[center]The Importance of Professional Resumes in Job Searching[/center]

Are you currently job hunting? If you are, you will likely find a number of job listings that you want to apply for, if you haven’t already done so. No matter what type of job you are applying for, whether you want to be a contractor, a secretary, or a retail store manager, you will want to make a resume for yourself. Resumes are often used to replace or supplement a traditional job application. The only thing is that your resume needs to be professional in nature.

When it comes to resumes that are professional in nature, there are many individuals who wonder why having a professional resume is so important. In all honesty, there are a number of different reasons. Just a few of the many reasons why having a professional resume, at least a professional looking one, is important are touched on below.

Perhaps, the biggest reason as to why you need to submit a resume that is professional in nature is because the resume is often the first thing that a hiring employer will see. With many employers using the internet and newspaper employment sections to find qualified candidates, many are not meeting their prospective employees in person. Most just simply submit their resume as an email attachment or mail it in. Since your face will not be seen and your personality will not be witnessed right away, your resume will essentially end up doing all of the talking for you. That is why you want to make sure that it looks and feels professional.

What you may not realize is that there are many employers who classify all of their applicants based on their resumes. Yes, this may not necessarily be fair, especially when that classification is based solely on appearance, but it is something that does happen. That is why you will want to make sure that your resume gives a good first impression. You don’t want it to be tossed to the side, just for its appearance. For the best chance of success, print your resume out on traditional white computer paper, use standard font, and make sure that it is easy to read.

[center]More of this post Continues Here[/center]

Have a GREAT day!
Re: Are You Searching For A Job? Let's Meet Here! by LOGBON: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2008
Hi fellow nairalanders,

An opportunity exist in an IT/ISP Company located at number 3,williams street sawmill gbagada Lagos for the following vacant positions urgently.

NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEERS EXPERIENCED
RIGGERS EXPERIENCED
WEB DESIGNERS EXPERIENCED
INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT STUDENTS(ELECTRICAL/COMPUTER ENGINEERING)
OFFICE ASSISTANT(COMPUTER LITERACY A MUST PLUS EXPERIENCE)

SIGNED
OYEPITAN lOGBON
For:
BJ INTEGRATED COMPUTERS AND COMMUNICATION LTD

Hurry now before it is late.
You can send ur cv to the following e mails:
Managing Director bosolaa@bjintegrated.com
Admin officer;otusanyat@yahoo.com
Accountant:logbon.oyepitan@bjintegrated.com or oyelogvic@yahoo.co.uk
Network engr.:sola.lawal@bjintegrated.com

For confirmation you can call 018990348,08036208220,08035691891
You may wish to tell anybody that answer your call that the information was advertised on behalf of the management by OYEPITAN LOGBON ACCOUNTANT in the Nigerian Best and most popular Website

(1) (Reply)

Get International Certification In Autocad 2009! / Smedan Apptitude Test / English - Hausa Translator Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.