Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,297 members, 7,900,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:41 PM

Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue (2226 Views)

Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? / Voguepay-online CARD Payment Processor By Afrisoft. / Afrisoft Interactive Buys Www.estoresms.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by crescent(f): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Do I say I am new to SMS Portal Creator component for joomla or not is question that need to be unraveled but before that let me quickly ask this question as it will give you more information about my ordeal in the hand of Afrisoft Company and its supporting staff.

My Question is this what is the benefit of this feature in SPC ( Permanently disable SMS API Gateway URL modification(Set to yes for your resellers. Once set to yes, it cannot be reversed) to the end user when enable/disable will incur your service at a fees charge

I started to use SPC version 2 in mid 2012 for one of my client that need a simple sms portal for it business then and till this moment of writing this pieces the site and sms component are working perfectly without any hitch. I had not call or email their support after the initial transaction (as I am not noobies with joomla and its extension component)

My ordeal emerged when I made payment for another license for SPC though I got the license within stipulated time frame however when I run into technical problem the support was so bad that is giving me headache each time I remember paying for technical issue to be resolve without any communication or solution in sight.

Initial the spc component worked on my site then perharps I mistakenly enable/disable SMS API Gateway URL modification feature it is then i discovered that I cannot access "Manage API" page or even send sms from site (when you send sms it indicated "sms sent" but my provider does not receive).

My current ordeal started in the second week after the client started using the sms portal that i installed Afrisoft SPC component , I was just informed by one of the client that he sent sms via the site and the sms was not deliver ( sms was sent in piecemeal for three days consecutively) ( I did try it by myself and same thing happen and when I raise the issue with my provider, i was inform that they don't receive message on the API provided for me, so when I login into my site to check the setting from the SPC component level, I discover that I can not access "Manage API" page again ( I am not so stupid to tamper with this feature when I know the implication in the first place) and as expect when I raise the issue with Afrisoft Support, I was asked to made payment of N3000 for them to unlock the API, It is now 6 days when I made payment for the API unlocking but Afrisoft is yet to honor and resolve my issue.

So my question is, what is the essential need of SMS API Gateway URL modification feature to your clients ( is it just a means to flinch your client for unuseful feature that does not do any good to your client needs) ( I think you might have to subject some feature to vote before implement it, your client needs should be the determinant factor in adding/remove feature in your spc component.

See attached file for al email sent/receive from me to info@afrisoft.net and support@afrisoft.net

Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Slyr0x: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
I honestly don't understand how this is a scam considering that you knew about this feature before signing up to use their service(s). .We should always make a conscious effort in our choice of words. .I just googled "Afrisoft Interactive Scam" and this thread is Number 1. . undecided

However, there is NO excuse whatsoever for not getting a reply from their support. .Try their support numbers +234 8074478657, +234 7098126677, +234 8093556340 as listed here
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
@crescent
The feature you are complaining about is one of the highly requested features in SPC before it was added.
It allows Bulk SMS providers to lock their resellers to themselves and is useful in a lot of cases where hosting is given to re-sellers for free.

The locking mechanism is very complicated and i cant explain it here for security reasons. To unlock it requires a couple of processes which may engage a technical support staff for an extended period of time, this is why it is stated that it is irreversible.

Having stated that it is irreversible (to prevent people who do not need it from tampering with it), we charge N3000 to unlock components which have been locked by its owner. We stated clearly that this process will not be reversed and we also inform customers who request for it that the process is time consuming and on first come first serve basis.

Your ticket was last responded to by technical staff (Ifeoluwapo) on Jan 25 2013, 10:36am requesting for a temporary cpanel access to unlock your component. The cpanel access you provided did not login in so he sent you a response requesting for the correct details. You did not reply after then.

It is bad practice to come to public forums with the intention of damaging the good name of Afrisoft and come back to our support ticket to post this link there. You could have just posted your complain there if you had a valid point.

1 Like

Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
@crescent
The feature you are complaining about is one of the highly requested features in SPC before it was added.
It allows Bulk SMS providers to lock their resellers to themselves and is useful in a lot of cases where hosting is given to re-sellers for free.

The locking mechanism is very complicated and i cant explain it here for security reasons. To unlock it requires a couple of processes which may engage a technical support staff for an extended period of time, this is why it is stated that it is irreversible.

Having stated that it is irreversible (to prevent people who do not need it from tampering with it), we charge N3000 to unlock components which have been locked by its owner. We stated clearly that this process will not be reversed and we also inform customers who request for it that the process is time consuming and on first come first serve basis.

Your ticket was last responded to by technical staff (Ifeoluwapo) on Jan 25 2013, 10:36am requesting for a temporary cpanel access to unlock your component. The cpanel access you provided did not login in so he sent you a response requesting for the correct details. You did not reply after then.

It is bad practice to come to public forums with the intention of damaging the good name of Afrisoft and come back to our support ticket to post this link there. You could have just posted your complain there if you had a valid point.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by dennopro: 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think as a service provider, you deserve to sort the guy's issue; if he paid then why dont you sort his issue out and surprise him with a solution instead of trying to sort your name out..

it is far better to solve the problem other than defending your self. and to some extent this guy has a point, the truth is your support is demanding.. I don imply that you are a scam NO, but your support departing is too demanding they take long to respond to issues not taking in contrast that we too are in business and services being down means our image is also being turnished, you respond to complains and technical issues after days, your communication needs more efforts to improve your services otherwise your product is good but as a customer, those are areas you should check out in order to rate your business to international level and if we dont tell you this point Blank, I think you will not realise your mistakes.

you dont have to take anything personal but look at the complain issues and improve on the areas where we as customers think need serious improvement, coz yo product is unique but good products coupled with good support and communication with clients when issues arise lead to excellence in product service

RL
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by talk2hb1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
dennopro: I think as a service provider, you deserve to sort the guy's issue; if he paid then why dont you sort his issue out and surprise him with a solution instead of trying to sort your name out..

it is far better to solve the problem other than defending your self. and to some extent this guy has a point, the truth is your support is demanding.. I don imply that you are a scam NO, but your support departing is too demanding they take long to respond to issues not taking in contrast that we too are in business and services being down means our image is also being turnished, you respond to complains and technical issues after days, your communication needs more efforts to improve your services otherwise your product is good but as a customer, those are areas you should check out in order to rate your business to international level and if we dont tell you this point Blank, I think you will not realise your mistakes.

you dont have to take anything personal but look at the complain issues and improve on the areas where we as customers think need serious improvement, coz yo product is unique but good products coupled with good support and communication with clients when issues arise lead to excellence in product service

RL

"So much depends on reputation guard it with your life" [Robert Greene 48Laws of power Law 5]
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by uzor64(m): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2013
I think this is unfair to afrisoft..the word scam should never appear when the result is still inconclusive. I use afrisoft and til date no wahala.

Now google wil neva forget grin
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Bad choice of word @OP. I really think you should edit your subject.

***Why do people run around screaming scam at the slightest provocation?*** Thank God this isn't the US cuz you would get sued for such a statement.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 2:39am On Feb 06, 2013
I have made it clear that the last request by support for his login details has not been supplied by him.
He did not provide support with the required login details so how do we sort him out?

dennopro: I think as a service provider, you deserve to sort the guy's issue; if he paid then why dont you sort his issue out and surprise him with a solution instead of trying to sort your name out..

RL

You ccused us of responding to support request after days. We will definitely try our best at improving ASAP where we are lacking.
We provide technical support to over 20,000 online businesses in different areas but we do not use this as an excuse, instead, we have continously improved on our support systems over time (You can attest to this if you are our client). We do our best to provide responses under 24 hours.

However, the issue that led to this thread is not a fault of our support at all. The support responded to him by asking for his login detail but he never replied. He created this thread to tarnish our image and not because he wanted better service. He also created exactly the same thread on some other forums too. He then went back to our support and posted several links of the threads he created there to show how much work he is doing trying to tarnish our good name.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Slyr0x: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
Lojik

In saner climes, the contractual agreement between you two woulda been terminated by now. .by the Service provider that is. .
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by cheapsms: 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
send your cpanel details to "support@cheapsms247.com" we will unlock your API modification within 20mins and FREELY, really do not know why you should be charged. Anyway YOU CAN COME BACK HERE LATER AND THANK US after we unlock it.

username....xxxxxxxx
password....yyyyyyyy
cpanel domain..... i.e www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel

no need for all this question and answer session between afrisoft and the concerned. I DO NOT LIKE TALKING MUCH.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by DualCore1: 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
cheapsms: send your cpanel details to "support@cheapsms247.com" we will unlock your API modification within 20mins and FREELY, really do not know why you should be charged. Anyway YOU CAN COME BACK HERE LATER AND THANK US after we unlock it.

username....xxxxxxxx
password....yyyyyyyy

no need for all this question and answer session between afrisoft and the concerned. I DO NOT LIKE TALKING MUCH.
Haba, is there a competitive product out there or has the said product been cracked/nulled? Why the boycott?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Slyr0x: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Dual Core:
Haba, is there a competitive product out there or has the said product been cracked/nulled?

Looks like the latter.

BTW, I don't see any reason why any smart website owner would send his cPanel details to some unknown 3rd party. .
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
cheapsms: send your cpanel details to "support@cheapsms247.com" we will unlock your API modification within 20mins and FREELY, really do not know why you should be charged. Anyway YOU CAN COME BACK HERE LATER AND THANK US after we unlock it.

username....xxxxxxxx
password....yyyyyyyy

I hope you read the SPC license agreement properly?
Afrisoft holds a copyright license on SPC and we do not joke with legal matters.
Be warned!
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
Slyr0x: [b]Lojik[/b]In saner climes, the contractual agreement between you two woulda been terminated by now. .by the Service provider that is. .
I cant just take action against a paying client at the slightest provocation. We have a very strong customer policy and i must abide by it.
Solving his problem is not a big issue if only he will provide his login details to the technical support team.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 07, 2013
Trolling with arms behind back. . .
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by dennopro: 2:00am On Feb 07, 2013
Hi Lojik, its a grate pleasure to know that you have taken into consideration the communication issue in regard to response on tickets. This is a grate step towards professional service provision.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Slyr0x: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2013
lojik:
I cant just take action against a paying client at the slightest provocation. We have a very strong customer policy and i must abide by it.
Solving his problem is not a big issue if only he will provide his login details to the technical support team.

A paying client that seeks to tarnish your hard earned reputation is NOT your client!

Airing his grievances against Afrisoft for lack of professional conduct woulda been acceptable, but adding the word SCAM is a NO NO.

Anyways, it's your call wink

*dhtml:
Trolling with arms behind back. . .

Been ages man. Where you been?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by databoy247(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
Slyr0x:

A paying client that seeks to tarnish your hard earned reputation is NOT your client!

When it comes to customer service, leniency with your "paying" clients should be a guarded priority. 70% of clients are rude, insultive and degrading but its your duty to overlook such attributes and keep collecting their "payments". So it ends up as a win-win situation. Thats why no matter how badly telecom companies behave they know how to "tame" their angry clients....and thats why they keep making money. grin

2 Likes

Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 08, 2013
Slyr0x:

Airing his grievances against Afrisoft for lack of professional conduct woulda been acceptable, but adding the word SCAM is a NO NO.

Anyways, it's your call wink

Been ages man. Where you been?
Been around o, visit board everyday but have nothing to post for now.
Meen, this thread na wa o.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Slyr0x: 11:51am On Feb 08, 2013
databoy247:

So it ends up as a win-win situation.

I get your point. .But how is this a win-win situation?

Google "Afrisoft scam" and you'ld see the result. .How many potential clients will be patient enough to even open the thread to see what this is all about?

Lost wealth can be recovered but not character. Opportunities to make money will keep coming but it takes time to make a name.

IMHO, the service provider should request for a topic edit from the client undecided
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by cheapsms: 8:19am On Feb 11, 2013
if first party is aggrieved, 2nd party not helping saying first party not responding.. creating unneccessary thread, then no solution than the third - endless party coming in, if afrisoft had solved this matter within 20mins they received the notice no third party would be involved and their name appearing on scam things on google will not be an issue.. NO BLAMING ANY PARTY THOUGH, THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO AFRISOFT TO BRACE UP ON THEIR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP TO SAFE THEMSELVES OF THIS KIND OF MESS. in between solving this kinda of issue has nothing to do with crack or null..if you are a database programmer you can help yourself and others...the SPC component is not worth the effort of crack or hack....component is now already on third party database even afrisoft need a clearance to do anything.. NO TIME DISPLAYING TALENTS PEOPLE IN THE SAME LINE WE ARE TALKING FROM UNDERSTAND HOW POSSIBLE TO HELP THE MAN WITHOUT AFRISOFT.......
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by DualCore1: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2013
cheapsms: if first party is aggrieved, 2nd party not helping saying first party not responding.. creating unneccessary thread, then no solution than the third - endless party coming in, if afrisoft had solved this matter within 20mins they received the notice no third party would be involved and their name appearing on scam things on google will not be an issue.. NO BLAMING ANY PARTY THOUGH, THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO AFRISOFT TO BRACE UP ON THEIR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP TO SAFE THEMSELVES OF THIS KIND OF MESS. in between solving this kinda of issue has nothing to do with crack or null..if you are a database programmer you can help yourself and others...the SPC component is not worth the effort of crack or hack....component is now already on third party database even afrisoft need a clearance to do anything.. NO TIME DISPLAYING TALENTS PEOPLE IN THE SAME LINE WE ARE TALKING FROM UNDERSTAND HOW POSSIBLE TO HELP THE MAN WITHOUT AFRISOFT.......
If all that needs to be done in this whole thing is changing some DB data, its still a crack if you are not permitted to do it. smiley
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by lojik(m): 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
cheapsms: if first party is aggrieved, 2nd party not helping saying first party not responding.. creating unneccessary thread, then no solution than the third - endless party coming in, if afrisoft had solved this matter within 20mins they received the notice no third party would be involved and their name appearing on scam things on google will not be an issue.. NO BLAMING ANY PARTY THOUGH, THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO AFRISOFT TO BRACE UP ON THEIR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP TO SAFE THEMSELVES OF THIS KIND OF MESS. in between solving this kinda of issue has nothing to do with crack or null..if you are a database programmer you can help yourself and others...the SPC component is not worth the effort of crack or hack....component is now already on third party database even afrisoft need a clearance to do anything.. NO TIME DISPLAYING TALENTS PEOPLE IN THE SAME LINE WE ARE TALKING FROM UNDERSTAND HOW POSSIBLE TO HELP THE MAN WITHOUT AFRISOFT.......

How can we resolve in 20mins if the client refuses to provide cpanel access?

And you actually think we charge 3k to change db data?
Maybe you last used our solution when it was in version 1 or you never used it at all.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new: Bad choice of word @OP. I really think you should edit your subject.

***Why do people run around screaming scam at the slightest provocation?*** Thank God this isn't the US cuz you would get sued for such a statement.

Some customers can be so annoying ehn....
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by Shadowblaqq(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
lojik: I have made it clear that the last request by support for his login details has not been supplied by him.
He did not provide support with the required login details so how do we sort him out?
@lojik your products are top notch, however the support guys at estoresms sucks. They do not respond to emails, for three days now i have been sending an email to those guys over an issue and they are not responding. I think those guys wants to ruin your business.

You ccused us of responding to support request after days. We will definitely try our best at improving ASAP where we are lacking.
We provide technical support to over 20,000 online businesses in different areas but we do not use this as an excuse, instead, we have continously improved on our support systems over time (You can attest to this if you are our client). We do our best to provide responses under 24 hours.

However, the issue that led to this thread is not a fault of our support at all. The support responded to him by asking for his login detail but he never replied. He created this thread to tarnish our image and not because he wanted better service. He also created exactly the same thread on some other forums too. He then went back to our support and posted several links of the threads he created there to show how much work he is doing trying to tarnish our good name.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by adewaleh(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
I am a fan and user of SPC, I Used Your solution but have not been able to use the online payment option. All effort made to reach you through your contact details on SMS Portal Creator, VoguePay, Afrisoft was of no avail.. just to know what to do to activate it..
lojik:

Maybe you last used our solution when it was in version 1 or you never used it at all.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue by steveelder: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
[size=24pt]SMS @ 0.65KOBO @ [url]smswholesellers.com[/url][/size]

www.smswholeellers.com is the cheapest sms in nigeria, www.smswholeellers.com is the best sms in Nigeria with very wide client network, www.smswholeellers.com offers free sms API, www.smswholeellers.com sales bulk sms in Nigeria at a very cheap price of 0.65 kobo terms and condition applies. www.smswholeellers.com offers sms desktop application for free and can also configure and develop sms desktop and mobile application for your sms website.

[size=13pt]Buy SMS @ www.smswholesellers.com for 0.65kobo & get the 79million gsm numbers of the whole country FREE + Free ebook on how to get over 2000 visitors to your website in less than a week.
DO YOU OWN AN SMS WEBSITE?
BUYING SMS VERY COSTLY ?
REGISTER & INTEGRATE OUR API ON YOUR WEBSITE AND START @ 0.65KOBO [/size]

[size=15pt]GBNSMS API:[/size]

***Full HTTP SMS API*

http://smswholesellers.com/components/com_smsreseller/smsapi.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&sender=@@sender@@&recipient=@@recipient@@&message=@@message@@&

***SMS API to check remaining reseller balance*

http://www.smswholesellers.com/components/com_smsreseller/smsapi.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&balance=true&

Buy sms @ 0.77kobo & get the 79million gsm numbers of the whole country FREE + Free ebook on how to get over 2000 visitors to your website in less than a week these and more awaits you now @ smswholesellers.com

Get your own BulkSMS Website Within 24 Hours N10,000 only and buy sms @ 0.65kobo
With:
Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 1000bulksms
Free 1000 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry
lojik:

How can we resolve in 20mins if the client refuses to provide cpanel access?

And you actually think we charge 3k to change db data?

(1) (Reply)

Get Ogbongeblog Responsive Template FREE / Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing / Sturvs Nigerian Search Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.