Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,519 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:09 PM

Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme (13479 Views)

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Hoodrat(m): 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
Bad federal everything,Bad country,greedy leader, bad judiciary, no light no good road no health care no hospitality everything good is million No!!!! In nigeria.

Greedy leaders? Million yes,Corrupt government million yes, crime million yes,greed million yes,selfishness million yes, human inhumanity to human million yes,police brutality yes yes yo. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? Million hun E go better.

If this e go better continue Nigeria future generation will surfer greatly pass what we have now for our failure.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by nagoma(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
kaorama: If he is an Igbo man, he will die in jail but Hausas do this kind of thing and go free. They will just get one Emir to beg fo them.

How many Igbos are in jail? Jonathn's government doesn't send anybody to jail for corruption because it is a common factor. They are all involved, that is what he PDP government is about- corruption. Only ibori went to jail - not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by ayojosh2k(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
rooftech: Just heard over channels tv now. Efcc rearrest yakubu yusuf over police pension scheme fraud

Hahahaha.....They want to renegotiate...!!!

What a Joke!!
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by ayojosh2k(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Boss13: The judgement is an insult to Nigerians, a crime to the families affected, a slap to eradicating corruption and an incentive to steal more.

You are on point!!
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Worldlife: 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa fulani? So Mischievous.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by julius2825(m): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Convicted this,convicted that,let them pay this beneficiaries their money first,then continue to yan about stupid convictions.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
onye ego:
Why will u blame the Judge
The constitution says 2yrs or fine.
The man paid d fine, forfeited his properties and walked away.

Or do u prefer the judge pass a sentence that is not constitutional?

No matter how sad we feel about d case, its d law

Am a firm believer in d American realist school of thought as propounded by Justice Hommes.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by born2boink(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
careytommy:
how does this change the fact that his name is yakubu yusuf?
are the names of hausa or fulani origin?
I thought he is hausa muslim, I never knew he also bear john. Shame unto me angry
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Brisingr(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
i think it is time we emulate the chinese,they kill any public officer involve in corruption.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by debedebe(m): 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
But why? If poor man steal maggi dem go kill d person,now big man steal 23Billion n go free... Is unfair,dis man shld av been roasted alive by d pensioners...

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by COOLDUN: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa fulani? So Mischievous.

Very good, and we should add Joseph Umaru Dikko too to make people know that he is from Adamawa state,and not housa Fulani-mals, nwananshogi like you. Keep on looting. There will be time you will not know what to do with money.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by andyanders: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
This is just to promote stealing in all government offices nationwide.We have a corrupt judicial system that encourages corruption. Everyone wants to steal no matter where they are from. Even the judge has compromised because he has collected his own share
Why not jail him to serve the 2 yrs without the option of fine.This regime has approved corruption to the highest level.If I have to steal billions and get only 2 yrs, and walk out free, why not. I will sit down and steal as much as I want. That will be what will be at the mind of any person going into any government job.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by bejay1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Which kind of judges do we have in this country? How can someone steal 32,000,000,000 n asked to pay 250,000 by one useless judge? Hmmmmmmm . . . I think the fight against corruption should start frm judiciary
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by bejay1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
Baba God pls help us in this country
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Adesiji77: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
In view of this development and similar ones in recent past, why would the Police want to opt out of the Contributory Pension Scheme in favour of their in-house scheme which has led to constant abuse by those entrusted with the oversight?
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by obyrich(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
andyanders: This is just to promote stealing in all government offices nationwide.We have a corrupt judicial system that encourages corruption. Everyone wants to steal no matter where they are from. Even the judge has compromised because he has collected his own share
Why not jail him to serve the 2 yrs without the option of fine.This regime has approved corruption to the highest level.If I have to steal billions and get only 2 yrs, and walk out free, why not. I will sit down and steal as much as I want. That will be what will be at the mind of any person going into any government job.
Going by the kind of judgments that emanate from our courts these days it appears the judges are untouchable demi-gods who are above the laws of the land. If that's not the case and there is a way of trying them in the law courts or sanctioning them, I think the judge who gave this judgment deserves good 'sharia' thrashing o say the least. The man has really tarnished whatever is left glittering on the image of the Nigerian judiciary.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
I have always said it that corruption in this country stinks to high heaven. Corruption stares us in the face everyday in this country.He had to forfeit 13 houses and refund 325 million naira cash and pays 250,000 naira optional fine. I wonder what kind of message the judiciary is sending out there. I guess it pays to steal big time in naija. angry
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Orikinla(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
But he cannot escape from Nemesis.
You watch and see what will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by gabriel212: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
onye ego:
Why will u blame the Judge
The constitution says 2yrs or fine.
The man paid d fine, forfeited his properties and walked away.

Or do u prefer the judge pass a sentence that is not constitutional?

No matter how sad we feel about d case, its d law

Man, what constitution ar u referring to? when 21years imprisonment is bag for anyone found guilty in JAMB Examination malpractice.
Dont say what u dont know go and tel that to little children!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by dondigi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Very good. The man's action or inaction has brought so much pain to Police pensioners. The money he stole and his properties be sold and the proceeds shared amongst the pensioners that are still alive. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Abanicwise(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
I don't think I will forgive Jonathan goverment. if dis kleptomaniac called yusuf should escape dis all in d name of option of fine, yeeh...what is dis?......... 32bn naira loot with court fine of 750,000........No, no, no.....We r one big joke in dis savage nation called a Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by PHIPEX(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
20pounds: Blame it all on our criminal justice system. D only place d Judge erred was giving an option of fine bt d decision was not reached per incuriam.
Why should I blame the constitution? I'll blame the EFCC which is more interested in recovering stolen funds than punishing the thief.

I'll rather blame our Lawmakers who every now and then talk about constitutional amendment yet will not notice this kind of ridiculous laws that are overdue for amendment.

I'll blame every President Nigeria have had since 1999 who talk and sing about fighting corruption and knows that this is the only penalty available for whoever is corrupt yet failed to send an executive bill for its amendment.

I'll blame the opposition parties who cry against corruption yet could not lobby its members in the National Assembly to come up with a better law.

What should stop me from blaming the countless human right activists and Civil Society groups especially NBA which has done little to correct this anomaly.

I will not blame the constitution because the Constitution did not write itself.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Oluabayomi1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hehehehehehe!
See our yeye judicial system consisting of quack judges and lawyers now sending a wrong but disastrous signal to an average workforce in naija. i pity una when we go revolt!
ds Yakubu Yusufless is gonna die untimely coz of his greed xter
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by brixton: 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Lagos_Boi:

go enter lagoon so that new life go quick come.

Muppet, its pipo lyk u dat kip clappin fo al des Nigerian ewu criminals to steal frm d treasury @ our collective detriment. Its ur lineage dat wil swim in lagoon... Osu lik u
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by evatee(m): 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
cecs: Was arrested yestyda n sentenced to 2yrs in jail but to avoid d jail term he must paid 250k imagine.....a man who died down over 23billion naira #What a country

Why is d man coverin his face in dat pix?
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by kokoye(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Things are getting better in Nigeria
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by horlatunde(m): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dis Man ought to die by firing squared. Let do little mathematical calculation of hw much he stole.
With dat #23billion, and he decides to spend #1million every day it will take him 63years to finish d money... Let's calculate
365days = 1year
365 days * 63years=22995days
22995 days * 1million per day=22995000000(22billion nine hundred and ninety-five million) remaining 5million 4 his burial wen he die.
So therefore, if he spends half a million every day, it will take me 63years * 2 = 126year.
U can see hw devilish dis pple cud be..... And u bail such a person with 750k only dats ridiculous man.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by LagosBoi2(m): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote
author=brixton]

Muppet, its pipo lyk u dat kip clappin fo al des Nigerian ewu criminals
to steal frm d treasury @ our collective detriment. Its ur lineage dat
wil swim in lagoon... Osu lik u[/quote]

shebi na you wan kill urself because of corruption and i advise you to make it fast by going to the lagoon. I am no mugu like you who voted pdp and will do so again in next elections:

Shouting and ranting here does not change anything, what you should do is vote another set of people in and watch them deal with themselves. If you insist on another life then take rat poison if you don't have t-fare to lagoon.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by seyi360(m): 5:01am On Jan 30, 2013
What a country! Corruption is king,injustice is Judge,psycophants are kingmakers,and Lawbreakers are law enforcers.Somebody scream "change"
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by brixton: 6:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Lagos_Boi:

shebi na you wan kill urself because of corruption and i advise you to make it fast by going to the lagoon. I am no mugu like you who voted pdp and will do so again in next elections:

Shouting and ranting here does not change anything, what you should do is vote another set of people in and watch them deal with themselves. If you insist on another life then take rat poison if you don't have t-fare to lagoon.

Use ur fickle mind to think, is corruption associated wit pdp govt alone? How did u knw I eva voted? Wot about oppositn states dat swim and dine in corruption? We al knw u re frm d ethnic group of rat poison easiest-way out leader
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by babaireti(m): 8:40am On Jan 30, 2013
Asiwaju9ja: All na the arrangement(Gimmick).Meanwhile, you can't try some one twice for the same offence. He will be released quietly, no one will know when. the matter go come die naturally.

No! not on the same offense,this time,it is on N300M on a fresh charge brought up by the EFCC
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by JimmyBoy1: 8:52am On Jan 30, 2013
ABsolute Nonsense, if he is not jailed for N20b , how on earth do you expect him to be jailed for N300m. This is just another charade to disctract the populace who obviously enraged by t he development.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Wants PDP Dead – Fayose / NNPP Or APC: Kwankwaso Visits Shekarau / Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.