Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,256 members, 7,950,366 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Iran Launches Monkey Into Space - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Launches Monkey Into Space (8392 Views)

Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. / Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store / China Sends Unmanned Craft(shenzhou 8)into Space To Dock With Tiangong1 Module (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by peace3: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
grin grin ;
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin. KAI MAKE GOODLUCK LUNCH CHICKEN GO SPACE NAH
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by mjconcept(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
HAH: Despite the sanctions this people are still doing well to the extend of sending monkey to space and building nuclear power all home grown, while here in Naija with all the aid and support from the west we cannot invent even I pass my neigbour generator.
And what exactly have you done for Nigeria? If you don't anything to say just shut up.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by mjconcept(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
Table Leg :
Wonderful ... So a bloody monkey gets to go to space before me angry
Oboy turn into a Monkey so dem go send you go space.

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by FXKing2012(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
onuleo:

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran said on Monday it had launched a live monkey into space, seeking to show off missile systems that have alarmed the West because the technology could potentially be used to deliver a nuclear warhead.

The Defense Ministry announced the launch as world powers sought to agree a date and venue with Iran for resuming talks to resolve a standoff with the West over Tehran's contested nuclear program before it degenerates into a new Middle East war.

Efforts to nail down a new meeting have failed repeatedly and the powers fear Iran is exploiting the diplomatic vacuum to hone the means to produce nuclear weapons.

The Islamic Republic denies seeking weapons capability and says it seeks only electricity from its uranium enrichment so it can export more of its considerable oil wealth.

The powers have proposed new talks in February, a spokesman for the European Union's foreign policy chief said on Monday, hours after Russia urged all concerned to "stop behaving like children" and commit to a meeting.

Iran earlier in the day denied media reports of a major explosion at one of its most sensitive, underground enrichment plants, describing them as Western propaganda designed to influence the nuclear talks.

The Defence Ministry said the space launch of the monkey coincided "with the days of" the Prophet Mohammad's birthday, which was last week, but gave no date, according to a statement carried by the official news agency IRNA.

The launch was "another giant step" in space technology and biological research "which is the monopoly of a few countries", the statement said.

The small grey monkey was pictured strapped into a padded seat and being loaded into the Kavoshgar rocket dubbed "Pishgam" (Pioneer) which state media said reached a height of more than 120 km (75 miles).

"This shipment returned safely to Earth with the anticipated speed along with the live organism," Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi told the semi-official Fars news agency. "The launch of Kavoshgar and its retrieval is the first step towards sending humans into space in the next phase."

There was no independent confirmation of the launch.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-launches-monkey-space-showing-missile-progress-003037176.html
Iran is only trying to develop a mid to long range misile capable of delivering nuclear warhead to attack Israel and U.S. interests in the region. This must never be allowed!
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by LagosBoi2(m): 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Almadinijad my man.

You shall never fall.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
HMMMM>>A TRIP TO SPACE? NOT A BAD IDEA!

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Jamesmelbin(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nightshift: Old USSR did it in the 60s; not the first time a monkey was sent to the space . However , the West is not amused , but they still believe Iran has no capability to send a human to the space successfully yet. My take : a new rat-race to the space might be in the offing soon. India, North Korean , China and perhaps Iran are all interested in challenging the old space masters(U.S and Russia) to the game. When will Nigeria represent the black race in space adventure ?
Nigeria's not ready for that now, we should first wash our inner part before washing the outside
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
Shiit!
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by CGKing(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
We should launch some politicians to space when have acquired the technology.

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by ajbabs(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
HAH:

Who told you iran is hungry my friend google is your friend,search then you will know how good that country is. There par capita income is $13000 while of Nigeria is $1400
Continue to live in past dream. At present, $1 is more than 32000 unit of Iran currency.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
MOREWLL:

To conduct monkey research or what? When millions of their people are dieing of hunger and man made wars.

Hunger ke, for Iran? I think you got it confused with Afghanistan.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Hadone(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Burger01: Countries are sending People to space, Iran is sending monkey to space. hmmmm..
ATLEAST THEY'RE BETTER THAN YOUR COUNTRY WHICH CANNOT EVEN SEND AN ANT.

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by shamson: 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nightshift: Old USSR did it in the 60s; not the first time a monkey was sent to the space . However , the West is not amused , but they still believe Iran has no capability to send a human to the space successfully yet. My take : a new rat-race to the space might be in the offing soon. India, North Korean , China and perhaps Iran are all interested in challenging the old space masters(U.S and Russia) to the game. When will Nigeria represent the black race in space adventure ?

Very...very soon; I believe soon we will solve this thievery racketeering that is evil in the land and after the massive development of all sector we begin.
So, we should all work on how to stop the massive looting of the treasury and then pray ........
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by HAH: 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
ajbabs:
Continue to live in past dream. At present, $1 is more than 32000 unit of Iran currency.

My guy riches are measured by per capita of GDP exchange rate rate has nothing to do with wealth

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by billyG(m): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2013
There is no need to be sending rockets 2 space it has already been done 6o yrs ago what iranian need is peace & betterlife not imitation.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Tonitelli: 12:26am On Jan 31, 2013
All I know is that Nigeria will not fail us..we will be the first to send corruption and cassava bread to space..we must not carry last!!
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 31, 2013
HAH:

My guy riches are measured by per capita of GDP exchange rate rate has nothing to do with wealth
Huh! Can you explain what you mean by that?
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by shamson: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by ajbabs(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2013
HAH:

I know that for sure. But no nation can live in isolation so, think on the possible effect of such.
At least, you can do your little research on their current economic status. I beg you dont listen to too much of the propaganda being fueled on their information channels. Even this so called achievement lack some level of transparency. Can the same thing be said of North Korea own?
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Amalaaba: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
ajbabs:
I know that for sure. But no nation can live in isolation so, think on the possible effect of such.
At least, you can do your little research on their current economic status. I beg you dont listen to too much of the propaganda being fueled on their information channels. Even this so called achievement lack some level of transparency. Can the same thing be said of North Korea own?

Sir,
If it was America that announced this achievement you will not question it, but you have been biased by extreme media (BBC, CNN) that you can not live your life with GOOD stories from countries the west considers enemy.

You cannot dispute the facts. Let me mention a few that you will never hear or see on CNN and BBC: Pakistan is self sufficient in Food production and are at least 40 years ahead of Nigeria. There are 7 car manufacturing companies in Iran for local and export markets. Iran produces over 60% of all machinery and equipment used in its oil/military industries. And so on....... despite sanctions for over 30 years for refusing American hegemony through imposition of leaders on them.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by HAH: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Amalaaba:

Sir,
If it was America that announced this achievement you will not question it, but you have been biased by extreme media (BBC, CNN) that you can not live your life with GOOD stories from countries the west considers enemy.

You cannot dispute the facts. Let me mention a few that you will never hear or see on CNN and BBC: Pakistan is self sufficient in Food production and are at least 40 years ahead of Nigeria. There are 7 car manufacturing companies in Iran for local and export markets. Iran produces over 60% of all machinery and equipment used in its oil/military industries. And so on....... despite sanctions for over 30 years for refusing American hegemony through imposition of leaders on them.

Thank you. You are so on point
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Neuen: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
The bad news is that the Iranians have the bomb; the good news is that they're going to have to drop it from the back of a camel
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Neuen: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
cramjones: HMMMM>>A TRIP TO SPACE? NOT A BAD IDEA!
Honest. What is the job of that guy posted there? Not the monkey the bottom one.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Abrantie: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
"There was no independent confirmation of the launch" grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Launches Mandela Bank Notes / Cash For What?. . . / Ivory Coast’s Gbagbo Surrenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.