Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,103 members, 7,967,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:47 AM

Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe (7342 Views)

Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come After Bola Tinubu On Twitter(Pics) / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by ABJay1: 10:07am On Jan 30, 2013
We now have FOI Bill or at least some semblance of it, so both parties should make their books and sources of their facts open to the public.

This war of words will not benefit us the people in any way. Let the CBN and Madam Due Process both take their fact before the House of Assembly in presence of the members of the Fourth Estate of the Realm. That's all.
angry angry
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by HezronLorraine(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2013
Critics and fault finders of Jonathan's government are always wrong.this surprises me that when the present day administration is challenged of misappropriation or maladministration,it is always clean.Ekwesili is someone i respect unlike her counterpart Okonjo.she knows what she says.she isn't a publicist.I think its time Jonathan's Federal Parrots(Doyin Okupe,Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku) leave their positions.they always cover their boss.A simple challenge to a democratic debate.the woman has guts and knows her stuff.let them face her.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by andyanders: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2013
Okupe is a thief and nothing to write home about. He is just a pig.Let him go and repair his ugly face by doing plastic surgery as he is one of the most ugly face and thief in this country and the President accommodated him because of his interest
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 30, 2013
Who let the dog out? Okupe is a Shameless and pathological liar, omo ale jati jati.
At least this woman is not a Yoruba neither is she an ACN or CPC member. Na thief no how to catch thief past.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by taharqa: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2013
One of d few times when I will almost completely agree with Okupe (apart from d subtle insults). Nice response from d Govt; there shld be no furda response until Ezekwesili clarifies her figures and what exactly her accusatns are. If she merely needs to know hw d Account was managd, she knows where to go to get d info starting with dat CBN document, Period...
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Oahray: 10:39am On Jan 30, 2013
gratiaeo: I am not surprise any wey, Okupe is GEJ paid agent or what else do you want to hear?
'IF MUHAMMAD will ask GEJ what have you done with our money, Okupe will ask him why did you molest little children.......... Even when the whole world knows that Muhammad is not a child molester
*rolling eyes from nairaland to Mecca and back*
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by miiraaj: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy. I have been waiting for the DOG to react and he didn't disappoint. They guy is really working hard for his money.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
This guy will get himself shot one day.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Maxymilliano: It is wrong for Okupe to claim Ezekwesili lied shamelessly, she might not have gotten the right figures or probably she was misled but simple corrections will be appropriate.

Madam due process should also be advised to take a chill pill, no serious government will join issues with her in a public debate, she had her moments of glory as a minister and economic management team member under President Obasanjo, she cannot be totally exonerated from the rots she glibly talked about.

If she really wanna know how the ECA and FR got depleted, she knows where to channel her inquiry rather than demanding accountability on tweeter.

Beaf is that you?, Point B where una day grin grin grin
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by SEGAD: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Critics and fault finders of Jonathan's government are always wrong.this surprises me that when the present day administration is challenged of misappropriation or maladministration,it is always clean.Ekwesili is someone i respect unlike her counterpart Okonjo.she knows what she says.she isn't a publicist.I think its time Jonathan's Federal Parrots(Doyin Okupe,Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku) leave their positions.they always cover their boss.A simple challenge to a democratic debate.the woman has guts and knows her stuff.let them face her.
Hezron Lorraine: Critics and fault finders of Jonathan's government are always wrong.this surprises me that when the present day administration is challenged of misappropriation or maladministration,it is always clean.Ekwesili is someone i respect unlike her counterpart Okonjo.she knows what she says.she isn't a publicist.I think its time Jonathan's Federal Parrots(Doyin Okupe,Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku) leave their positions.they always cover their boss.A simple challenge to a democratic debate.the woman has guts and knows her stuff.let them face her.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Chooman: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2013
Doyin if you feel she lied, why don't you turn up for the debate and mess her up with the right figures and stop ranting.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by sesanrota(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2013
see you who claims you wanted to know what fashola budgeted for food, and demands transparency and accountability,... someone that has been in Govt ask for a challenge based on facts....the least i expect is for a more technocrat like NOI or SLS to disprove such allegation with facts too, not to always tag or reduce everyine as curropt just to cover some skeleton by some inept attack dogs and pathological liers.

If govt doesnt have a constructive criticism like this, how do you measure the level of there transparency and accountability being practiced in a democracy

This only expose your double standard personality....Shikena!!!

taharqa: One of d few times when I will almost completely agree with Okupe (apart from d subtle insults). Nice response from d Govt; there shld be no furda response until Ezekwesili clarifies her figures and what exactly her accusatns are. If she merely needs to know hw d Account was managd, she knows where to go to get d info starting with dat CBN document, Period...

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by DWJOBScom(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2013
Maxymilliano: It is wrong for Okupe to claim Ezekwesili lied shamelessly, she might not have gotten the right figures or probably she was misled but simple corrections will be appropriate.

Madam due process should also be advised to take a chill pill, no serious government will join issues with her in a public debate, she had her moments of glory as a minister and economic management team member under President Obasanjo, she cannot be totally exonerated from the rots she glibly talked about.

If she really wanna know how the ECA and FR got depleted, she knows where to channel her inquiry rather than demanding accountability on tweeter.

God bless you for credible speaking
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by DWJOBScom(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2013
inufele2: Who let the dog out? Okupe is a Shameless and pathological liar, omo ale jati jati.
At least this woman is not a Yoruba neither is she an ACN or CPC member. Na thief no how to catch thief past.

Sometimes in your quest to probe government and keep them on their toes or install a credible government - one has to be objective in his statement..........he only asked for facts and figures and she has to provide it!!
i just hope her posters will line the streets of Anambra State
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2013
Adura_ngba: You people are funny. This woman was part of the same government that you all have been complaining about. She headed the Education Ministry with billions of vote under her, what did she make of them? She turned the higher institutions to world class, I think? But because you people are so easily deceived, just like El Rufai is doing, she attacks the government with figures that she cant show as being correct, but you now tame her the hero because of your bias towards the present day government. In Nigeria, for your sins to be forgotten, speak violently against the government. Debate? So government should begin to debate with anyone who makes allegations? What a precedent.

She's NOT 'anyone' . . . she's part of the Government.
She's trying to correct them, i don't see why they they shd get defensive.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by lyndy69: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with Mrs Ezekwesili's speech. If you can take out time to actually read and digest the full lecture, you 'll get to appreciate it. It's a call to duty!
http://unn-edu.info/2013/01/unn-convocation-lecture-delivered-by-obiageli-ezekwesili-on-thursday-january-24-2013.html
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Hardfact: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Is Okupe saying that Ezekwesili lied shamelessy, and there's no basis to enter into a debate with her OR that he Doyin Okupe is paid to lie shamelessly to Nigerians and there's no basis for even a fool to believe him? BTW, oga Okupe should go face the debate challenge thrown at and stop beating about the bush, to show if he's stopped telling lies.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by nep2ra(m): 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
I hope Doyin Okupe reads this. You are a standard bastard!

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by AbiesBigtime: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
I laffed uncontrollably with pity wen I listened to Doyin Okupe's speech, becos ur case with oby ezekwesili wud definitely b d last straw dat wil brake ur back o! hmmmm.... u don jam woman wey dey barb low cut... u r in hot soup. but wait ooo, who says facts can not or shud not b debated? Doyin u r begini to loose ur hyper lying skills. Nija is begini to b intrestin u know... lolzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by naja2: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
Why cant the govt simply adress the issue at hand, tell Nigerians what they met and what they have done with it. Two officials of govt ve responded with each avoiding to answer the real questions but prefering to divert attention, hoping that many Nigerians will be gaullible enough to start discussing none issues like"why is she just talking now?", and other silly diversionary questions. Even if the Pope points to something Gej is doing that is wrong, Gejites will accuse the Pope that he is supporting the opposition that is why he is talking now. I believe oby above the pathological liars in GEJ's cabinet.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by PointB: 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
I believe there is a mix-up in the figures somewhere, perhaps in Oby figures (as it it easier to verify the CBN records). But the government defense team is doing a shoddy job in their defence. There is absolutely no need to go all ninja on her when simple explanation to Nigerians would have sufficed.

Like someone said earlier, they could have explained how they bowed to governors pressure to share the ECA funds among states. State governors also have the responsibilty to step up and clarify how they spent the funds they received from the ECA.

As for the foreign reserves, is there is any knowledgeable person here who doesn't know that Sanus/CBN used a huge chunk of the foreign reserve defending the Naira, rather than accept the IMF recommendation to devalue it. The reserve only started swelling after the partial subsidy removal. The FG team should have steered the debate towards this line, allowing Nigerians to discuss the prudence or otherwise of defending the Naira with the foreign reserve rather than devaluing our national currency. I am sure the reaction will be mixed.

Anyway, it is not too late to start this 'debate'. Madam Oby should tone down a little, she just might not be entirely correct after all. No one is infallible, not even madam due process.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by abacus(m): 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
[size=20pt]OKUPE A FOOL[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by giftbz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Okupe, instead of ranting, go for her challenge; engage her in a public debate.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by jawjaw1: 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
Just watching Doyin Okupe speak you will realize how unintelligent the guy is.
If Oby got her figures wrong, why not engage her in a debate and floor her once and for all in the debate.
By doing so Okupe and GEJ govt will earn some small respect for credibility.
Instead he goes down the low road (as he has always done) shouting and almost sweating to convince Nigeria's that Oby Ezekwesili is a liar.
Its a big pity for Nigeria how we end up with people with below the average IQs in govt like Okupe and his boss.
A govt that should hv only the best and sharpest minds whose vision and action is for a Nigeria of 50 - 100 years to come.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think a major reason behind the govt's refusal to debate this woman is that although her figures appear grossly exaggerated, some misappropriation did take place, and debating her would probably reveal that.
Re: Ezekwesili Lied Shamelessly – Doyin Okupe by Ngwakwe: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
The woman said $45B while the Govt said it's $43B

Others are excess crude accounts owned by three tiers of Govt

I heard today from Channel tv when Gov. Amaechi of Rivers State said that the president has agreed for them to share $1B out of $9B as requested by the Gonernors of 36 States. Can you imagine?

ROSSIKE: I think a major reason behind the govt's refusal to debate this woman is that although her figures appear grossly exaggerated, some misappropriation did take place, and debating her would probably reveal that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: South South Stakeholders Receive Bello Ambassadors, Declare Support / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe / Now That Buhari Is President What's The Fate Of PDP Paid E Warriors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.