Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:10 PM

If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? (1098 Views)

Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2008
Back in the day when we were much younger!

In . . . well, a good number of yoruba homes i believe (don't know about other tribes), we used to have some stuffs given to us to either lick or drink or even eat, abi?

Some funny looking "agbo" that you'd just ingest without question & go back to play, if you get my drift!

In some other cases, it could be tiny marks on the head or chest with ash rubbed into the fresh wound, right?

Well now that you're all grown up, if your dad came up to you in 2008 & gave you some powdery stuff to mix with palmoil or whatever & lick what would you do?

Are you going to question him that what is the stuff meant for? Given the fact that he's your father & of course he means no harm & it might actually be seen as rude to question him at all!?

2. Are you going to do as told without any qualms!?

3. Or are you going to head for the dust bin!?

Meanwhile, nothing do you o!

It is just one these Afro-traditional mentalities of fortification against whatever @ work o!
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by chychy(f): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2008
no one seems 2 want 2 reply this thread.
hmmmn, i wonder y tongue
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Kaestro(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
Only if I was still under age in 2008 otherwise, Did yours recently give you any of that? Or perhaps I knew what the thing does and I believe in his ways I might take it.
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Scopium: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
[size=13pt]@ Poster

What will you do? Set the ball rolling.[/size]
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 12:45am On Mar 15, 2008
my dad s given me smthing like that when i was younger but i later realised it was his own idea of protection cause it was a polygamous setting and my mum wasnt alive and it wasnt like some herb but like a celestial candle but i reckon if its going beyond reasonable like askn you to carry some sacrifice n stuffs u shud protest smiley
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 15, 2008
na wa!!
all the "jujufied kids" are confessing grin
moreeeee pleeeeeeeeease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
those that took wrapped packages in their suitcases to FGC and FGGC , oya make una begin set ya conscience free. grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 1:42am On Mar 15, 2008
pls o im not jujufied o,mine was celestial candle that i had to read psalms with and holy water , my dad never gave me any babalawoish stuffs to ingest or digest
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Radiant(f): 1:45am On Mar 15, 2008
I sincerely don't know what this guy is talking about
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

please o im not jujufied o,mine was celestial candle that i had to read psalms with and holy water , my dad never gave me any babalawoish stuffs to ingest or digest

all na juju grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by TheSly: 12:41am On Mar 16, 2008
If i was still young. . .then i dont have any choice

But at this stage? ahhhh then we gon have a problem wink
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 12:55am On Mar 16, 2008
nwando:

all na juju grin

I CANT SHOUT smiley

now ill never even sample anything from anywhere church,mosque or babalawo

cant have my destiny in sm individual's hands or crystal ball in whaever form
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2008
nwando:

na wa!!
all the "jujufied kids" are confessing grin
moreeeee pleeeeeeeeease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
those that took wrapped packages in their suitcases to FGC and FGGC , oya make una begin set ya conscience free. grin

OMG!!!

I'm practically rolling on the office floor laughing!! grin grin grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]@ Poster

What will you do? Set the ball rolling.[/size]

Me!?

I'd just probably palm it!!

Then i'll wait & see!!! grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2008
Radiant:

I sincerely don't know what this guy is talking about

Then i guess you're not a nigerian!

Let alone being from the south western region!! undecided
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
yemivictor:

Me!?

I'd just probably palm it!!

Then i'll wait & see!!! grin

there r some stuffs you cant palm o,how will you palm candle and holy water plus they ll say it in a way that its for your own good if you dont want to perish or smthing and at that age you ll believe a lot of things
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2008
nwando,

Are you going to claim that you never experienced anything like this!

No tiny marks on your scalp/chest with ash rubbed into it, from your granny!? grin

No funny concotions given you to drink!?

Confess i say!!! grin grin grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
lucabrasi:

there r some stuffs you can't palm o,how will you palm candle and holy water plus they ll say it in a way that its for your own good if you don't want to perish or smthing and at that age you ll believe a lot of things

Yeah!

I guess i understand you!!

That's a very difficult position indeed!!!

But the problem, for me, is not so much about any parent handing you stuff to either drink or lick or whatever!

It's about the source of such stuff & the game plan @ the back of the mind of the giver of the stuff to such a parent!!

I mean, i've heard stories of women who go to herbalists for something & end up being given the exact opposite of what they sought for initially!!!

That is the greatest fear one should have!

God forbid, should one go & fall into an enemies trap, with an unsuspecting parent serving as conduit!!
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2008
yemivictor:

Yeah!

I guess i understand you!!

That's a very difficult position indeed!!!

But the problem, for me, is not so much about any parent handing you stuff to either drink or lick or whatever!

It's about the source of such stuff & the game plan @ the back of the mind of the giver of the stuff to such a parent!!

I mean, i've heard stories of women who go to herbalists for something & end up being given the exact opposite of what they sought for initially!!!

That is the greatest fear one should have!

God forbid, should one go & fall into an enemies trap, with an unsuspecting parent serving as conduit!!

you r right but what actually scares me when i think back to all them times are the stories we hear nowadays of parents using their children for rituals and stuffs it would have been realli easy for any parent with that kind of dark deed on their mind to simply take their child to some babalawo and use them for rituals because of the implicit trust or to simply tell them to ingest a substance and that 'll have been it really but lets thank GOD that at least there was no side effect
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2008
But on the other hand!

There's this story i'd like to share of a one man from a certain yoruba family, who was westernized in his ways & was also acclaimed to be a born-again christian!

It so happened that it was customary for a special kind of lizard soup was to be prepared by the man's family and eaten by him & his newly wedded wife!

Now, the man being westernized in his ways & being a born-again christian also, vehemently refused the tradition as being archaic, demonic, and all what not!!

Bottom line!? They, as a couple, encountered alot of spiritual problems, including the man losing his sanity!!!

This was of course traced to his refusal to eat the traditional family lizard soup as it was alleged that he later regained his sanity after being fed the soup!

As for me, i just wonder what to make of such stories when i hear them!! undecided
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by lucabrasi(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
i think in my limited knowledge of christianity i reckon the man was not full born again christian,i m not proficient in bible verses but im sure theres a bible verse where jesus was saying we as christians shouldnt be warm cause its more or less like not being born again you get me,and i reckon if you want to be a babalawo worshipper give it 100%,same thing a muslim or a xtian.

similar story happened in my house in naija like 2 yrs ago,my step mum's gold nugget and some foreign currency and some naira from my dads room was missing so one of these eye service uncles we have told them to do the bible turning thing to detect who stole the money and they did the whole bible thing and it caught my junior brother,the funny thing is that he s a proper born again xtian and its onli 2 of my brothers pop and his wives and the househelps living in that part of the house,it was later that they discovered it was actually the cook that stole everything and they actually wouldnt have known if not for his uncle that came around to the house to thank them for giving the guy money he s been spending ,.my brother sha gave them uncles a piece of his mind and warned them not to ever include his name in anything of that nature ever again even my dad was dumbfounded with his outburst grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2008
yemivictor:

nwando,

Are you going to claim that you never experienced anything like this!

No tiny marks on your scalp/chest with ash rubbed into it, from your granny!? grin

No funny concotions given you to drink!?

Confess i say!!! grin grin grin

lipsrsealed
let's just say I never inhaled cool
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by almondjoy(f): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
Yemivictor,

I will drink it without qualms. . . anything from ma mom or dad.  They take anything I give them too without qualms. . . .including their meals and medications. Have they not been cooking for me all those years? undecided  When I was sick who took care of me?  The love they have shown me over the years till now. . . .can never make me believe they would harm me.  If that were to be the case. . . then so be it. Even Jesus Christ died in the hands of those who claimed to love him with their body and soul. Even where I can never trust people with anything. . . . .like I said. . . .the love they have shown me all these years can only get better.  I trust their unconditional love and support! kiss

As an adult, with all there is out there. . .you would ask questions of course.  But I will not hesitate to do what I felt was in ma best interest.  Unless I felt otherwise and I would simply tell them I do not feel comfortable with whatever it is and they would respect that.  They have never forced me to do what I did not feel like doing.

You have to understand your parents to know what you can trust them with and otherwise. The history of your relationship over the years might be a very good guide! kiss
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2008
almondjoy:

Yemivictor,

I will drink it without qualms. . . anything from ma mom or dad. They take anything I give them too without qualms. . . .including their meals and medications. Have they not been cooking for me all those years? undecided When I was sick who took care of me? The love they have shown me over the years till now. . . .can never make me believe they would harm me. If that were to be the case. . . then so be it. Even Jesus Christ died in the hands of those who claimed to love him with their body and soul. Even where I can never trust people with anything. . . . .like I said. . . .the love they have shown me all these years can only get better. I trust their unconditional love and support! kiss

As an adult, with all there is out there. . .you would ask questions of course. But I will not hesitate to do what I felt was in ma best interest. Unless I felt otherwise and I would simply tell them I do not feel comfortable with whatever it is and they would respect that. They have never forced me to do what I did not feel like doing.

You have to understand your parents to know what you can trust them with and otherwise. The history of your relationship over the years might be a very good guide! kiss

almond,

It is true that one's parents, ordinarily, wouldn't want to harm one!

I mean, that has been established already!!

Question is, what if they're being manipulated, unsuspectingly!!?!

Abi, don't you think that's a possibility!? undecided
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ nwando!

Inhalation ke!?

That one is on a higher level o!!! grin
Re: If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? by almondjoy(f): 6:30am On Mar 21, 2008
yemivictor:

almond,

It is true that one's parents, ordinarily, wouldn't want to harm one!

I mean, that has been established already!!

Question is, what if they're being manipulated, unsuspectingly!!?!

Abi, don't you think that's a possibility!? undecided

Sure it is a possibility. . . .but like you know. . . .what you have no knowledge of could or would not kill you.  Life is a game of chance.  If they are being manupulated unsuspectingly, then I guess you really do not have much of a choice than to do what they tell you in most cases if you have a good relationship with them. . . . .unless you know who is doing the manipulation abi?

Life is a game of chance. . . .no need to fear the unknown! kiss  If I know in advance that someone or something is attempting to harm me or my family. . . .I would protect them with everything I have.  But if you do not know. . . .I guess that is where your "God" comes in.  Not much you can do about that is there?

You are now an adult and it is your judgement call.  You have chosen to palm it and I choose to drink it.  No wahala! We are both still alive and well! cool

(1) (Reply)

What Men Can Learn From Women / How Do I Recover My Burnt Documents. / What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.