Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,059 members, 7,973,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:41 PM

Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast (10415 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by emiye(m): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nothing too spectacular about CIV, CIV struggled to defeat Togo 2-1. Scoring the winner in the 90+ minute. Even Togo's clean goal was disallowed.

They Defeated a very weak Tunisia in this tournament by 3-0, score was 1-0 as at 88minutes, before loss of concentration.

Tunisia win against Algeria was against run of play.

Nigerians stop your inferiority complex !!!, it is so nauseating. We see all the good about others and fails to notice their weaknesses, and see all our weaknesses and fail to see our strengths. cry cry

I hope the players do not suffer the same inferiority complex, i see displayed here.

If Zambia had this inferiority complex in Afcon 2012, they would not have defeated giants like Senegal, Mali, Ghana and CIV to win the nations cup.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by 9jauk: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Mikel sharaaaap you broke Record in Premiership with your goal draught...your no bi my hand den collect ball". ,recked your style of play,u need to step up more on ur shooting accuracy make efforts come,no doubt u ve got the known how,u need to be a risk taker,look at d likes of ur mates David Louis ..all d way from defence troubleshooting attackers pls,with ur attitude,na waiting to exile ooO.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by ogunsam75(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
doublecross: This is what i refer to as 'Akuko Iberibe' This Mikel is a very stupid boy. He has not even scored up to 6 six goals in his footballing career. all he knows how to do is boast.
says who? I watched him scoring 5 goals in a single match when we are playing monkey post set on a small field in Jos about plus d penalty he scored in our last qualifying game making 6goals.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by marshaldollz: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
onyxo76: does this super eagles team look like a winning team to you? to score one goal na real struggle,was it not in the 79th minute that we got our first penalty?if not that ethiopia was doing some rough tackling we would never have gotten those penalties.lets stop deceiving ourselves anyway sunday is just a few days away.
Zambia played a 10 man Ethopian team and couldn't score,South Africa played new comers Cape verde and were pressured,Ivory Coast played Zambia last year and were defeated.So u expect a new team to look like a winning team shap shap,after their win against Ivory Coast,I promise u!!!
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Yusluv77(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Am really sure, that's the end of the tournament for super eagles of Nigeria... Stop dreaming big for this super chicken!!!
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by idefua: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yes we can. But requires a team, to do just that.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by ikkkkk: 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
We pray O Lord. That Mikel's hallucinations may come to pass. Amen. [color=#990000][/color] wink
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by onatisi(m): 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
it is a game of 90 mins , anything can happen . i remember algiers 90 , we were defeated 5-1 in our opening match against algeria but we later got to the finals. this Nigerian team is a team of and for the future . you underrate any team at ur own peril , i am sure the ivorians will not under rate se they will come all out to score as many goals as possible in the first half .
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by richs(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
J luv u: don´t mind them, they will see a different super eagles on Sunday.Just like you said some ´people will bury their faces in shame.
we need to fast and pray for SE with our effort we will defeat the ivorian in jesus name
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by richs(m): 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
marshaldollz: na people like u dey make me vex!!!nnot judging u or what u said but why?,do u really think the Ivorians will win us let me tell u something,Catalonia vs Ivory coast(what will be d score line)look at the way we played in our first and second game,if not for refree's decisions we would have won both matches and our last match aginst Ethopia we had chances like hell only the strikers were on pressure,we dominated everything,our defence was very good,do u really think if Ivory Coast and Ethopia meet now the Ivorians will displace dem,Football has changed my people.NIGERIA IS WINNING THIS ONE 100% sure banker!!!
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by chessguru1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
naffysa: Yes! we can
If obama had made that campaign slogan in a nigerian election, we nigerians would have laughed @ him and changed it to
"NO, We can't !!"
That's the manifesto of most nigerians. Unable to define their own reality, and stuck with psychological myopia.
For effective weight loss programs, and weight loss tips and videos please visit
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by chessguru1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yusluv77: Am really sure, that's the end of the tournament for super eagles of Nigeria... Stop dreaming big for this super chicken!!!
The most annoying thing is that its your type that shouts the loudest when nigeria scores, and weeps the most when they lose.
Keep on pretending you hear. Super chickens indeed, yet you have probably watched all the eagles matches since they gave birth to you. #smh
www.fatsolution.net

1 Like

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by jasmine21(f): 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
mdsocks: Am ready to donate my nairaland id to charity if Naija wins
Hahahahahaha!!! Smh.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by BrutusOj(m): 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
Janselem:
Don't mind the guy who can't score a premiership goal. how on earth will Naija beat CIV? With Efe Ambrose who is CRAP? Echiejile who Gervinho will mess with? Ogude, Mba and Mikel against Yaya Toure, Tiote and Zokora? Not failing to mention KING DROGBA against inexperienced naija defence. Goodluck guys..
I pity for ppl like u..where were all d players u listed wen ivory coast fumbled bfor d in experience zambians? Pessimistics like u are gud for notin fellows
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Engineer1985(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
One big mistake the Ivorians will make is to underate the Super eagles, cos the super eagles usually do well when they are underated! I see a big win 4 d eagles
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Promisenwafor: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think we need 2 send fufu to them before the game wil start. Mikel which soup u wnt.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by badassnigga(m): 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
for ur dream abi. grin
because u managed to beat ordinary Ethiopia? ??
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
Why not? Zambia beat them upon all their stars lasr time around no?
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by duddey(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
But i still believe one day one day obi go make us proud grin
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
The Eagles might not be playing some entertainment football but they,ll continue to prove haters and doubting thomases wrong...

i,ll continue to say it..right from their match against catalunya till they bring the AFCON TROPHY home...
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by ony073: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Wetin he go tak b4. After d match nw,he go come out say dey give dere best and dt ivory coast is one of d best team in africa. Same old story,den we go back to d drawing board dt neva dey full since all dis day.shio!
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Gboyee4fun(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
All mockers will be shameful when the match end in favour of Nigeria........quote me

1 Like

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
licensed2k: Says the man who can't score to save his life

He works his socks off for the team and has done more to bring honour to his country than you could in a thousand lifetimes.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
pazienza:
No,you shut up. What do you want him to say,huh..., u want him to go into that match with pessimistic spirit like you? Come on! This is a guy that featured in the 2012 edition of football mission impossible that involved 180 minutes of football, he was there and saw it all, if there is any guy who knows what it means to win against the odds in that team,mikel is the guy. Show him some respect.

I don't know what the whole fuzz about CIV team is all about,CIV is not barca for crying out loud.

Don't mind them.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by linearity: 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Which authority they stamp for field? It is the combination of luck and the stupid Ethiopia Goalkeeper that gave the win to Nigeria....This is why a lost or a draw would have been a better result, because it would have humbled us and make us go back to the drawing table...

Instead they are now parading themselves as having some kind of Authority....Pride goes before a big fall, beware!
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:40am On Jan 31, 2013
mitchyy: You sure?

See what one Ivory coast player tweeted at us. He said they'll eat us like fufu
http://gistville.com/2013/01/we-are-going-to-eat-nigeria-like-superfried-chickens-ivory-coast-player-eboue-tweets/

Guardiola says no man knows tomorrow. I thought this Eboue was the guy who Arsene Wenger brought into a match as a sub and benched him about ten minutes later.

Now his mouth is Sharp. Sharrap.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:34am On Jan 31, 2013
The first half against the Ethiopians was wonderful. The only problem was playing Emenike as a right winger. That took away the chance of scoring.

I think we had 66% possession in that first half. I hope we approach the Ethiopians that way. Mba stayed deep and shielded the defence. Also forming what looked like a 3 man defence giving Ame and Echejile the chance to go forwad.

This type we don't need much overlap but keeping the possession longer. This will cause the Ivorians to press for the ball, creating room for us to counter.

We should not just defend and clear the ball. Defend deep and keep possession. I believe we can beat The Ivorians this way.

Echejil should,t overlap. His tracking back is poor and will create space for the Ivorians.

Emenike should remain upfront as the target man, with Moses and Nosa playing as attacking wingers for the counter attack.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Lanre6: 8:57am On Jan 31, 2013
Hmmm..... 2face de one corner de laugh mikel oooo
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by repogirl(f): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
Empty yaps! Mikel should Keep quiet jare and pray that ivorycoast doesn't spell NIGERIA with all d goals they will score. Him no dey shame? Because dem manage to qualify by mistake from dem group he is talking. Who is he deceiving? This time he is wasting to talking shld be spent thinking of how to score atleast one goal. I wnt holD my breath for eagles sha, d team has already disappointed me as always with the exception of a few players like enyeama and victor moses. Mikel should just keep quiet, d guy pisses me off bigtime. I still wonder why Osaze was looked over? The guy has a leaky mouth yeah and maybe bad tempered but a gr8 asset to d team. Eagles need to work way harder if they are serious about beating these guys.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by gudmind: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2013
everything is God nd i believe everything is possible wt God . so winning CIV is not suppose to be a problem or headache to naija , all eagles need to do is to focus nd be determined . they will make it .( guys make una no kill dis match wt una bad mouth nd pessimism).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Week 33 Pool Banker Room 2020: Please Proof Your Best Banker / Table-Tennis Sensation, Taiwo Mati Gets ITTF Scholarship (pix) / Venus Beats Serena In Lagos Exhibition Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.