Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,312 members, 7,943,761 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? (20641 Views)

Name The Worst Cartoon Ever / Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children / Have You Guys Watch Back From America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Babzilla:

C
UR LIFE....... SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS
sponge bob talk too much o.I watch it ma nephews and I kinda lyk it...wats sponge bob frends name? Forgotten
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by naijathings(m): 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
Jeffy1206: sponge bob talk too much o.I watch it ma nephews and I kinda lyk it...wats sponge bob frends name? Forgotten
PATRICK
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mutee: i wonder why some people just assume cartoons are for kids. meanwhile, most of these cartoons are by far better than home movies. angry angry angry
the most annoying thing is dat naija films de copy cartoon storylines put and dose girls go de brag have u watch de latest? Take note xters used are not kids but actors lyk eddie murphy, jennifer lopez martin lawrence etc. the lions king I think naija had an igbo version of it ie settings...cartoons all de way.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
naijathings:
PATRICK
dats correct just wanted to if guyz really luv sponge bob...initially I tot it was for kids.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pls ladies dere are lot of feminine cartoons u will lyk barbie, winx club and so on...if u love fashion andy color freak den watch cartoon
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Wylout: 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
@ OP

If you feel bad about university students----what would you tell fathers (i mean full grown men in Nigeria)

Death Note
Samurai X
Samurai Champloo
Bleach
Berserk
Sunabouzu
Blood+
Ninja scroll
Ghost in a Shell

How could i forget

One Piece
Fairy Tale

Naruto fans will always criticize Bleach grin

senbonzakura kageyoshi
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by double08(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
wonder no one mentioned 'the simpsons' the longest running cartoon series on TV
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by sportfeva(m): 12:02am On Feb 03, 2013
Sincerely I love cartoon too and I am planning to make one-writing a script.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by deebrain(m): 12:22am On Feb 03, 2013
@op

Are u kidding me? U mean u have not watched the lastest adventure of Ben 10? cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Donmichaelz(m): 12:22am On Feb 03, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Seriously? Please don't paint us Naruto fans as deluded....as you.
_
Please we don't think like him!
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Alkapina(m): 12:54am On Feb 03, 2013
Donmichaelz: its stil cartoon.
its an anime...dr is a difference
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Leadn(m): 5:26am On Feb 03, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
_

he suré is looney! "illuminati" with Uzumaki?! TF?!
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Leadn(m): 5:32am On Feb 03, 2013
js_pac:
Brain blast! wink

ultra Lord cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Walexy96: 6:50am On Feb 03, 2013
The reason why I watch it too.
motion007: i have an english proffessor who stil watch cartoons nd animation just because of the sound english been spoken in it
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jibsonified(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2013
tplacid: Naruto is a satire that can only be understood by an intelligent mind, it touches all human's philosophical reality(political, spiritual, military, genetic transfer et al), each character in the naruverse(narutoworld) symbolises something. Rock lee symbolises hardwork, Neji symbolises intelligence, sakura symbolises brains and beauty, Atastuki symbolises evil, the hokages symbolises leaders who continiously sacrifice their lifes to protect the young generation, naruto himself symbolises hope/the saviour/the chosn one.

Beyond all that, naruto is more than an anime or a cartoon, it's a message to world youth to rise up to the level of a hero, a chosen one in this trying time for humanity. If we look around us we can deduce that happenings in the world is as a result of the interest of the global elite ;illuminati(atastuki)to have a global control over the world(remember atastuki's agenda is to revive the juubi the entrance humanity to bow to their needs. Even in our environment where environmental degradation has worsened the life of the Niger Deltans over the years, innocent children dying in north in the hands of BH whilst our leaders loot the treasury. Places like syria, libya, iraq, palestine are all suffering as a result of tyranny of the Global Elites(Illuminati/Atastuki). These are indeed trying times for humanity and the one thing we need is a 'NARUTO' it could be me, you or anybody. But obviously whoever is going to free humanity(just like naruto is trying to save naruverse) is going be young a person that is realistically naïve. NB: the atastuki have a lot in common with the illuminaties. Just observe and you will understand the message kishi is trying to pass. We need a 'Naruto' to defeat our atastuki(the illuminati). Peace out

GUY YOU SO SUPERCORRECT..You r an example some1 d@ use his brain well and apply correctly his insight..U took d words out of my mouth..tho I av a biblical view of tinz... Additionally to d value of this so called cartoon..their use of imagination allow scientific knowledge to be applied in a futuristic way..b4 fones came out, before d android fone n d lyks of BB that stupidly freaks dem.. I already know about them and their application. Cartoons lyk Justice league, shows 4 example how Batman solves problems with his intelligence, gadgets and no trusting/strict attitude. Naruto potrays a never-give-up attitude, he also shows that there z no limit 2 what u can become. From these cartoons are where they get the blueprint of a future movie that u now embrace as adult stuff eg Fantanstic 4 movies started as a cartoon, Avengers started as a series of cartoon, Spiderman 1 to 3 also. Boondocks has this highly conscious fellow named Huey that express in an equivocal and over-his -age statement n does tinz rationally n reasonable compared to d very funny n stupid brother Riley, this character potrays d craze over mundane tinz of the world that most peeps have,. One can learn alot from these so called cartoons only if you av insight.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 03, 2013
Wylout: @ OP

If you feel bad about university students----what would you tell fathers (i mean full grown men in Nigeria)

Death Note
Samurai X
Samurai Champloo
Bleach
Berserk
Sunabouzu
Blood+
Ninja scroll
Ghost in a Shell

How could i forget

One Piece
Fairy Tale

senbonzakura kageyoshi

And I will forever criticize Bleach... I Love NARUTO for like (@OP at age 30 u wuld ask? YES!) ever and I can never go for Bleach... I hate it.. better of Death Note and One Piece... But Fairy Tale? Anyways... I dont have much to say here as I have notifications from my Group(Akatsuki of NARUTO) on Google+ that I have to attend to... this is Ledafaze-chan

Out!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 03, 2013
And if you guys need to know, there is a group on Nairaland for Naruto lovers...

https://www.nairaland.com/522373/naruto-information/

Rgds
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by topmostg: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2013
Guy, i don pass 20 and i still dey watch am......e.g avatar, tom nd jerry, naruto.....i could go on forever baby...

O.p, siddon there dey tell me rubb...ish...
Any ben10 fan in the house?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by samilo88(m): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2013
People fail to realize that d word cartoon is a broad terminology, and ar always quick to think that anything cartoon is related to d epic tom and jerry etc. I watch cartoons a lot infact I prefer watching movies in d animated form because they give room for imaginations. Some Cartoons like Boondocks southpark and d most profane of them Family Guy should never b seen by kids else they'll be corrupt for life.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by osram(m): 8:35am On Feb 03, 2013
Naruto tins...olaiton on point
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by tplacid: 9:15am On Feb 03, 2013
Jibsonified:
GUY YOU SO SUPERCORRECT..You r an example some1 d@ use his brain well and apply correctly his insight..U took d words out of my mouth..tho I av a biblical view of tinz... Additionally to d value of this so called cartoon..their use of imagination allow scientific knowledge to be applied in a futuristic way..b4 fones came out, before d android fone n d lyks of BB that stupidly freaks dem.. I already know about them and their application. Cartoons lyk Justice league, shows 4 example how Batman solves problems with his intelligence, gadgets and no trusting/strict attitude. Naruto potrays a never-give-up attitude, he also shows that there z no limit 2 what u can become. From these cartoons are where they get the blueprint of a future movie that u now embrace as adult stuff eg Fantanstic 4 movies started as a cartoon, Avengers started as a series of cartoon, Spiderman 1 to 3 also. Boondocks has this highly conscious fellow named Huey that express in an equivocal and over-his -age statement n does tinz rationally n reasonable compared to d very funny n stupid brother Riley, this character potrays d craze over mundane tinz of the world that most peeps have,. One can learn alot from these so called cartoons only if you av insight.

If you understand Naruto very well you will understand what Kishi is trying to portray. Abraham gave birth to Isaac and Ishmael (one is the ancestor of the Arabs whilst the other is an ancestor of the jews) and it has been foretold in the scriptures(I.e the Bible and the Qu'ran) that Jesus will return to save humanity from the hands of the Anti-christ/da-jjal once and for all. Sage of the six path in the naruverse represents Abraham while the Senji and the Uzumaki clan represent the Arabs and the Jews respectively. Naruto no doubt represents the coming of the saviour of Humanity(I.e Jesus) who is a member of the senju clan(Jesus is Jew). Kishi took inspirations from the Abrahamavic religions no doubt but not everybody can see it.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 9:23am On Feb 03, 2013
tplacid:

If you understand Naruto very well you will understand what Kishi is trying to portray. Abraham gave birth to Isaac and Ishmael (one is the ancestor of the Arabs whilst the other is an ancestor of the jews) and it has been foretold in the scriptures(I.e the Bible and the Qu'ran) that Jesus will return to save humanity from the hands of the Anti-christ/da-jjal once and for all. Sage of the six path in the naruverse represents Abraham while the Senji and the Uzumaki clan represent the Arabs and the Jews respectively. Naruto no doubt represents the coming of the saviour of Humanity(I.e Jesus) who is a member of the senju clan(Jesus is Jew). Kishi took inspirations from the Abrahamavic religions no doubt but not everybody can see it.

ehmmm i hope you know kishimotosan has no religion like most japanese . he follows some form of buddhist stuff ,, shinto . so you theory might not be correct .
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by tplacid: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
_

Delusion in the 21st century is a compliment and I will take it as that even if you mearnt offence. I will tell you something you don't know about delusion; if over 600 years ago someone told you that in the distance future there be will a machine as big a 3 story building carrying people from say Africa to Europe by air you would have said he is in delusion yeah, but guess what? We have the plane. But because you see it every now and then you will say it's no rocket science but if someone had told you about it over six hundred years ago you would have said he is in delusion.

Let's look at Steve Jobs for instance, in case you don't know he is the inventor of Apple. If he had told you in year 2000 that he will create a product that will overtake Microsoft you would obviously have said he is deluded but guess what? Everybody is talking about apple today and not Microsoft but over 20 years ago people like you would say Steve Jobs is deluded. All the inventors we have had in the past few years like Henry Ford, Zuckerberg, Eintstin et al were at one time in their lifes regarded as deluded.

Coming back to Naruto, characters in naruverse used to see Naruto as not just deluded but someone that was extremely crazy, now those same characters are looking up to Naruto as their hero/saviour/leader. That's exactly what kishi is trying to say. Only deluded and crazy people can change the world. Even Steve Jobs has this to say 'It's only those crazy enough to think they can change the world that actually do'. So if you are saying am as deluded as Naruto I would take it as a compliment. So when I eventually change the world you will tell your kids stories about me, so yes Naruto has inspired me more than any pastor who spend billions of naira in buying private jets while people wallow in poverty, he has me inspired more that any leader who continue to loot the treasury while people continue to suffer in the midst of plenty. Just like Naruto once said 'I will change everything and make the people live in peace even it takes my life'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by JallowBah(f): 9:59am On Feb 03, 2013
double08: wonder no one mentioned 'the simpsons' the longest running cartoon series on TV

...I didsmiley
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Nonywendy(m): 10:18am On Feb 03, 2013
I love shrek and ice age
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Bezed(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
don't give a f.uck about wat ya think ... Watchinng my boondocks for 22nd time.

Less I 4get,
I'm a final year student too
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by topmostg: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bezed: don't give a f.uck about wat ya think ... Watchinng my boondocks for 22nd time.

Less I 4get,
I'm a final year student too
agbaya
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by mcmatwot: 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bawss1: The real question should be why do some people have a problem with guys watching animes and cartoons? It should be obvious to everyone by now that there are cartoons designed specifically for children and toddlers, those for the whole family and those for adults. It is one of the many forms of entertainment out there. The only limitations one encounters with this type of entertainment are those of the artist's imagination. The reasons why I watch cartoons range from the beauty of the art form to their captivating storylines.

The truth is anyone who finds it hard to understand what grown ups like myself and others gain from watching cartoon just shows the level of such a person illiteracy..I think the problem is that illiterate pple like urself find it hard to open up ur mind to understand the creativity and concept of cartoons..we have diff. Categories of cartoons mind u?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by zland4ps(m): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
Wylout: @ OP

Death Note
Samurai X
Samurai Champloo
Bleach
Berserk
Sunabouzu
Blood+
Ninja scroll
Ghost in a Shell

How could i forget

One Piece
Fairy Tale

senbonzakura kageyoshi
guy, do know any site that I can download ninja scroll? Hlp out. Thanks
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
codeaddict:
send me a mail, i'll give you a link to download all.
i don't want to spam.

www.narutobase.net
www.mangareader.net
www.mangastream.net
www.mangapanda.net
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Vivaciousnj(f): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
It ROCKS to hang out wit such dudes!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Hustlers" - Mercy Johnson, Nse Ikpe-Etim & Clarion Chukwura / Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" / Why CORE TV Was Sealed By The Police (Not DSS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.