Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,293 members, 7,881,085 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (161258 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
nicerichard05: Whatt a nice trend. Please I have a qstn to ask so qstns here. 1: how can someone apply for an American visa, without him or her having anybody over there, what are the steps to take? 2: If you have a 2yrs Visa to US, can u still work with it or you have to also process you work permit? Thanks a lot.

As a visa agent you should answer that question. We will not be doing your job for you while you get paid.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by afosahid: 11:19am On Aug 10, 2014
Good Morning Good People
I recently applied for Schengen tourist visa for my wife and I through France and we were both denied. The reason was ' Your intention to leave member state before visa expiry could not be ascertained'. I was quite surprised because we submitted all necessary documents. Including introduction letters from our work places and clearly stating the dates of our leave and when we are resuming back at work.
However, i believe the decision for refusal was based on a mistake i made on the hotel bookings. I have written an appeal to this regard, see excerpt below:
However, I believe the decision for Visa refusal must have been based on discrepancies between departure dates on flight reservations and hotel bookings. Departure date from France on flight reservation is 18th of August 2014 while departure date from Hotel reservation is 20th of August 2014. This was a honest mistake on my part as initial travel date was between 10th-20th of August 2014 and this was the time hotel reservations were made. However, flights for these dates were quite expensive and we had to change travel dates to 10th-18th August 2014 at a better price. After flight reservations were confirmed, I forgot to change departure dates on hotel reservation and proceeded to submit Visa applications to the France Consulate-General through the VFS Visa application center.

I believe the French embassy could have easily contacted the applicant in a situation where there is a minor clarification to made on an application rather than blatantly refusing.

Also, while returning our passports, a wrong applicant name (a different surname entirely) was written on the visa refusal form that was returned to me, while the one returned to my wife had her name written correctly.
I have sent an email to the French consulate on Friday but i haven't gotten a response yet. I hope they respond by tomorrow. Depending on their response tomorrow, I will decide whether to continue with the appeal process or send a fresh application.

My major headache is that i have paid for my flight and its non-refundable so i have left the ticket open for now.

Guys, your advice will be deeply appreciated.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2014
afosahid:
Did you communicate in English or French language?
The French people are proud of their native toungue.
If you are writing in English to plead your case it is not surprising that you get no reply or negative outcome.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by afosahid: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
worry359: afosahid:
Did you communicate in English or French language?
The French people are proud of their native toungue.
If you are writing in English to plead your case it is not surprising that you get no reply or negative outcome.

My email correspondence to them has been in English. But if i'm sending a formal appeal to France, i will write it in French.
Thanks for your quick response.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
How many mins does clearance officers of british embassy take to check documents out for their decision?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danito2: How many mins does clearance officers of british embassy take to check documents out for their decision?

Why do you keep posting the same questions over and over in different sections!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 1:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Hi big bros,
does tenancy agreetment and utility bills needed in inviting someone to uk?or should i only have the passport page of me and also just the invitation letter to the person am inviting,because he is sponserin his self.pls what r the importand documents they need from the uk inviter for him to add to his support documents?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Danito2: Hi big bros,
does tenancy agreetment and utility bills needed in inviting someone to uk?or should i only have the passport page of me and also just the invitation letter to the person am inviting,because he is sponserin his self.pls what r the importand documents they need from the uk inviter for him to add to his support documents?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Danito2: Hi big bros,
Into what language would you prefer me to translate the original post?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Vicjustice: In to what language would you prefer me to translate the original post?

grin grin grin
It's obviously not English embarassed
Poor boy gets more confused each time.
grin grin grin
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
English snr vic
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Vicjustice: In to what language would you prefer me to translate the original post?

hello vicjustice,
please, I need your advice...
I'm an ND2 (final year) student in Auchi Polytecthnic, Edo state.
My dad wants to sponsor my trip to the US in next year February for tourist purposes and I'll be spending two weeks there. We do not have anyone in US so I will be booking a hotel. Now, I will be commencing my one year Industrial Training (IT) programme in Ondo state Ministry of Works come next year January. Please, what are my chances of getting the tourist visa even if I present a letter from the ministry?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2014
charzyh2:
hello vicjustice,
please, I need your advice...
I'm an ND2 (final year) student in Auchi Polytecthnic, Edo state.
My dad wants to sponsor my trip to the US in next year February for tourist purposes and I'll be spending two weeks there. We do not have anyone in US so I will be booking a hotel. Now, I will be commencing my one year Industrial Training (IT) programme in Ondo state Ministry of Works come next year January. Please, what are my chances of getting the tourist visa even if I present a letter from the ministry?
Your chances are as good or bad as the quality of the documents that support your application and also, the quality of your entire circumstances as well as that of your father's
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 4:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
Your chances are as good or bad as the quality of the documents that support your application and also, the quality of your entire circumstances as well as that of your father's

Thank you very much for your quick response...

Please, with my circumstance what are the documents that can support my application?
Please, what are my dad's responsibility to help my chances of getting the visa?
Please, advise me.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by gbeduman: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
I greet everybody on this forum, God bless you guys for the help you are giving to us, Pls I am a music artiste and also an upcoming film maker, my short film was accepted into a film festival in Germany and they will be sending me invitation in the coming week. My business name was registered in May and i have gotten a TIN number but have not paid any Tax yet so i dont have a Tax Clearance certificate. i am married with two kids, im a member of Copyright society of Nigeria and i also registered my short film with Nigerian Copyright Comission and have the NCC certificate of the short film, I have some hundreds of thousands in my Savings account but my corporate account is not up to 3 months, PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE THE CHANCES OF GETTING THE VISA TO THE FILM FESTIVAL AND I WILL APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE GIVEN TO ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by basica7000: 7:55am On Aug 23, 2014
pls moderator permit me to derail from d the thread.....
pls am travelling to Michigan, but d tickets am getting are so expensive but I got a cheaper fare for Houston to connect to Michigan myself which is very cheap ..my question is ....will d immigration officer at POE not raise eyebrow asking why I fly to Houston (why my travelling terminates at Houston)
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yeah have got all the list of the requirements of the visa u posted.i got the invitation from my uk sponser very good letter and also passport page proving shes citizen..buh she hasnt sent me her tenancy agreement or any utility bills,buh she said i should send the two of them only its enough.guys what do u think guys,is the invitation letter and the passport biodata page enough for me to add my supporting documents?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
Danito2: Yeah have got all the list of the requirements of the visa u posted.i got the invitation from my uk sponser very good letter and also passport page proving shes citizen..buh she hasnt sent me her tenancy agreement or any utility bills,buh she said i should send the two of them only its enough.guys what do u think guys,is the invitation letter and the passport biodata page enough for me to add my supporting documents?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
basica7000: pls moderator permit me to derail from d the thread.....
pls am travelling to Michigan, but d tickets am getting are so expensive but I got a cheaper fare for Houston to connect to Michigan myself which is very cheap ..my question is ....will d immigration officer at POE not raise eyebrow asking why I fly to Houston (why my travelling terminates at Houston)
The reason that you gave here is satisfying enough to convince the immigration officers, just explain same to them with your onward flight ticket evidence and you should be fine.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Danito2: Yeah have got all the list of the requirements of the visa u posted.i got the invitation from my uk sponser very good letter and also passport page proving shes citizen..buh she hasnt sent me her tenancy agreement or any utility bills,buh she said i should send the two of them only its enough.guys what do u think guys,is the invitation letter and the passport biodata page enough for me to add my supporting documents?
The two documents that she gave you would be enough if you are lodging in a hotel, but if you intend to stay with him in his residence, that is whe you need these other stuff
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Danito2(m): 12:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks your advice help.buh is utility bill okay to prove his resident,because his tenancy agreement shows only 1bed room bangalow,maybe the office will say there is no room for me,or what do u think,will the utility bill help
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
Danito2: Thanks your advice help.buh is utility bill okay to prove his resident,because his tenancy agreement shows only 1bed room bangalow,maybe the office will say there is no room for me,or what do u think,will the utility bill help
He can't accommodate you as he doesn't have enough rooms in his apartment therefore, it is irrelevant to talk about tenancy agreement.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by fikki1: 10:23am On Aug 24, 2014
Goodmorning,
Am dele, actually am kinda new somehow,
please can anyone help to tell me my chance of
gettin a visa(uk)... I am an IT stdnt in
chevron...my dad nd step mum r already
citizens there...I got letter of invitation frm
both...wit my dad statement of account nd
while in my own part, I put my letter of
employment, my IT ltter frm school nd also my
statement of account on how my salary has
been paid...but. Failed to put my work ID
card...pls can it affect my application...I
submitted on friday...pls is there any hope or
chance for me to get a visa...hv nt been ok
since friday...pls help
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by gbeduman: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Vicjustice pls advice me on the case I posted on this thread, I posted on this thread also https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas God bless.
gbeduman: I greet everybody on this forum, God bless you guys for the help you are giving to us, Pls I am a music artiste and also an upcoming film maker, my short film was accepted into a film festival in Germany and they will be sending me invitation in the coming week. My business name was registered in May and i have gotten a TIN number but have not paid any Tax yet so i dont have a Tax Clearance certificate. i am married with two kids, im a member of Copyright society of Nigeria and i also registered my short film with Nigerian Copyright Comission and have the NCC certificate of the short film, I have some hundreds of thousands in my Savings account but my corporate account is not up to 3 months, PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE THE CHANCES OF GETTING THE VISA TO THE FILM FESTIVAL AND I WILL APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE GIVEN TO ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by gbeduman: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Vicjustice I already got ur response on d other thread God bless you!
gbeduman: @Vicjustice pls advice me on the case I posted on this thread, I posted on this thread also https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas God bless.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by omoba88: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
@vicjustice kudos to you sir... I need your help with a uk tourist visa application. My inlaw invited me over for his graduation ceremony coming up early october. I'm self employed, married, I'm using my personal savings account for my application and I already stated on my application that I and my wife are expecting out first child and that I intend to spend a week there in the u.k and also shop for a few baby stuffs. I have a company I registered last year november... can I write a cover letter for myself using my company letter head? Do I need to include a proof that I'm expecting a child soon? Do I need anything else from my wife apart from her letter of consent? Someone advised I put her statement of account becausr she works in a bank but she's not my sponsor.... pls help
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
omoba88: @vicjustice kudos to you sir... I need your help with a uk tourist visa application. My inlaw invited me over for his graduation ceremony coming up early october. I'm self employed, married, I'm using my personal savings account for my application and I already stated on my application that I and my wife are expecting out first child and that I intend to spend a week there in the u.k and also shop for a few baby stuffs. I have a company I registered last year november... can I write a cover letter for myself using my company letter head? Do I need to include a proof that I'm expecting a child soon? Do I need anything else from my wife apart from her letter of consent? Someone advised I put her statement of account becausr she works in a bank but she's not my sponsor.... pls help
Of what relevance is your wife's statement of account to this application if she is neither traveling with you nor is she sponsoring the trip or part of it?
What baby stuff are you going to be shopping for in the UK that you can't get in Nigeria?
Judging from the unsatisfying reasons that you want to travel, it is more than likely that your application would result in a refusal as you don't seem to have a satisfying reason to want to go to spend a whole lot of money on an intercontinental trip to the Uk, why not plan a proper visiting or tourism purpose?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by omoba88: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
What document do I need if my inlaw is sending the invitation with my seat confirmation for the ceremony. I intend staying for a week. I registered my company november and I have shipping docs in the name of my company because I'm into auto business. Could you please advise on what to do?
Vicjustice:
Of what relevance is your wife's statement of account to this application if she is neither traveling with you nor is she sponsoring the trip or part of it?
What baby stuff are you going to be shopping for in the UK that you can't get in Nigeria?
Judging from the unsatisfying reasons that you want to travel, it is more than likely that your application would result in a refusal as you don't seem to have a satisfying reason to want to go to spend a whole lot of money on an intercontinental trip to the Uk, why not plan a proper visiting or tourism purpose?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by nuraig(m): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have all the necessary documents required. Of all my family members(immediate family), i am the only one to have gone to the UK once. all others have gone a minimum of 2 times. My dad goes every 6 months, my mum every year. They have never been denied any visa application. But i am about to aPply for VISA and i do not have an introduction letter as my HOD refused to grant me one due to unknown circumstances. this are the list of documents i have with me supporting my education in school!
1) JAMB admisssion letter stating the duration of course 2010-2015
2) school receipt showing recent school fees payments for this session
3) registration fees for the semester
4) course registration form
5) faculty clearance
6) departmental clearance
7) a letter of introduction written by my HOD to the students affairs division dated 25th august 2014 for the replacement of my lost identity card
cool police report showing the loss of my identity card
i am a 400 level student of the university of ibadan and i intend to visit the UK next month before the start of my 6 months internship at ericcson of which i av been offered an internship position which is due to start by october.
i hope all these documents suffices for my application and more than make up for not producing an introduction letter from school
please kindly get back at me asap as i want to apply before this week runs out. Vicjustice
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by fikki1: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please...I need interpretation...I think this english is beyound my comprehension...though have not gone to VAC ...but I jst need ur explanation...its somehow to me...pls

Your application has been approved and the visa
has been issued. We aim to return passports to the
VAC within 2 working days. You can check the
location of your passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.