Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,182 members, 7,910,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:15 PM

Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (29150 Views)

Fegor Ogude's Wife Kidnapped In Warri / Why Did Ghana And The Ivory Coast Fail? / The Ivory Coast Has The Best World Cup Uniforms: Hands Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by MurphyT1: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel has bin cleared by CAF to play on sunday, CONFIRMED.

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by naptu2: 9:35am On Feb 01, 2013
Super Eagles media officer, Ben Alaiya, says that Mikel has been cleared to play against Ivory Coast, but they are still waiting for word about Ogude. He says that CAF media officer Emmanuel Maradas has promised to inform them today if Ogude will be cleared to play.

Alaiya is speculating that Ogude might be cleared to play because the group stages are over, but he is waiting for confirmation from Emmanuel Maradas.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Pque(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2013
Dreal1247:
Yes useful useful for passing ball backwards ,missing penalty and not scoring cheesy .
Even in monkey post can u d anything? Why not suport d players 4 crying out loud. Mikel stil remaihs 1 of d best playes dat we av in dis country 2day. No b ur fault. Even Jesus Christ said it dat a prophet is without honour only in his place.

it's never gd 2 quote or paraphrase stuff anyhow. Why can't we make A looks like A nd B looks like B instead of making A look like G nd B looks like D. When did a "prophet" become a "footballer?" Is Mikel a Prophet? Prophet nd footballer na d same thing? Argentinas does nt like mercy nd maradona abi, portugals don't like Ronaldo abi, England no honour Becham, rooney, terry nd d likes abi.
Support ur fact wth wat actually supports it nd don't knowingly use stuffs dat is out of contest 2 butress ur claim.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Pque(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2013
Dreal1247:
Yes useful useful for passing ball backwards ,missing penalty and not scoring cheesy .
Even in monkey post can u d anything? Why not suport d players 4 crying out loud. Mikel stil remaihs 1 of d best playes dat we av in dis country 2day. No b ur fault. Even Jesus Christ said it dat a prophet is without honour only in his place.

it's never gd 2 quote or paraphrase stuff anyhow. Why can't we make A looks like A nd B looks like B instead of making A look like G nd B looks like D. When did a "prophet" become a "footballer?" Is Mikel a Prophet? Prophet nd footballer na d same thing? Argentinas does nt like mercy nd maradona abi, portugals don't like Ronaldo abi, England no honour Becham, rooney, terry nd d likes abi.
Support ur fact wth wat actually supports it nd don't knowingly use stuffs dat is out of contest 2 butress ur claim. Am not against Mikel sha, bt make d guy play well make we see d passion bcoss we nid dis cup badly. Say no to CD, Naija all d way!
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by jrhymes(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2013
We are sitting at the edge of a precipice. God help us
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by damosky12(m): 10:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Pque:

Support ur fact wth wat actually supports it nd don't knowingly use stuffs dat is out of contest 2 butress ur claim. Am not against Mikel sha, bt make d guy play well make we see d passion bcoss we nid dis cup badly. Say no to CD, Naija all d way!

look bros, even in the days of Yekini, Oliseh, Mutiu. They were critisized. This guys were great players, respected abroad but dishonoured at home.. Look, you cant compare Nigeria with the likes of Argentina, Portugal, etc. They support their teams, all their players even if they dont play well. MESSI PLAYS BETA IN BARCA THAN ARGENTINA yet Argentines love him so much, trust me, if he were a Nigerian, they would have kidnapped His father. Thats Nija 4 u.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by harrisam(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Asports: More worries for Stephen Keshi,as it has been confirmed that the duo of John Obi Mikel and Fegor Ogude would miss Nigeria’s quarter-finals clash against Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Both Mikel and Ogude, bagged two yellow cards each in the group stages of the 2013 African Nations Cup,which automatically translates to a one match ban.

Mikel on his part did not know that he would miss the clash with Ivory Coast,even boasting of the Super Eagles chances after the 2-0 defeat of Ethiopia.

“Playing against Ivory Coast is going to be both tough and exciting and some of our opponents are my friends, especially Didier Drogba,” Mikel was quoted to have said after the game on Tuesday.

But upon realizing his fate come Sunday,Mikel told KickOffNigeria.com how sad he is,over his unavailability.

“I found out last night and I am so so upset about it,” Mikel said.

“I was really looking forward to helping the team get past this game” the 25-year old added.

Despite his absence,Mikel believes that the players who would replace him, will do the required job to get Nigeria to semi-finals.

“I’m very disappointed to miss the game. But I am confident that the lads can do the job without us.

“We have a good team here and the new players are working very hard. I have tried to take some responsibility and speak to them, motivate them and give them advice.

“I am sure they will do the country proud.”

Players like Sunday Mba,Nosa Igiebor,Obiora Nwankwo Reuben Gabriel are all expected to fight for a place in starting eleven in the absence of both midfielders.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/
Asports: More worries for Stephen Keshi,as it has been confirmed that the duo of John Obi Mikel and Fegor Ogude would miss Nigeria’s quarter-finals clash against Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Both Mikel and Ogude, bagged two yellow cards each in the group stages of the 2013 African Nations Cup,which automatically translates to a one match ban.

Mikel on his part did not know that he would miss the clash with Ivory Coast,even boasting of the Super Eagles chances after the 2-0 defeat of Ethiopia.

“Playing against Ivory Coast is going to be both tough and exciting and some of our opponents are my friends, especially Didier Drogba,” Mikel was quoted to have said after the game on Tuesday.

But upon realizing his fate come Sunday,Mikel told KickOffNigeria.com how sad he is,over his unavailability.

“I was really looking forward to helping the team get past this game” the 25-year old added.

Despite his absence,Mikel believes that the players who would replace him, will do the required job to get Nigeria to semi-finals.

“I’m very disappointed to miss the game. But I am confident that the lads can do the job without us.

“We have a good team here and the new players are working very hard. I have tried to take some responsibility and speak to them, motivate them and give them advice.

Players like Sunday Mba,Nosa Igiebor,Obiora Nwankwo Reuben Gabriel are all expected to fight for a place in starting eleven in the absence of both midfielders.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by damisamsun(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2013
Please is there anyone with information about a vanagon for instalmental payment, where can I get it. Thank you.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by harrisam(m): 10:22am On Feb 01, 2013

[quote author=Asports]More worries for Stephen Keshi,as it has been confirmed that the duo of John Obi Mikel and Fegor Ogude would miss Nigeria’s quarter-finals clash against Ivory Coast on Sunday.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/ [/quote.i beg say na mikel wey dey sing?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Pvictor10(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2013
huni_naija: Nigeria should just pack there bags and leave with her pride and dignity intact, i don't see this ending well for the super fowls... Ivory coast go use their necks as boxing match ... shocked

Anyways #TeamElephants grin cool
u no b patroitic Nigerian. Anyway, u b elephant, remember eagles soar, elephant walk.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by goldfish80(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel claims to have two yellow cards απϑ hence ruled himself out of τђΞ game, but Caf απϑ video reviews shows he only has one yellow card. My question, Is Mikel afraid of facing Cote d'voire?I кnoω he will claim to be injured by Saturday, τђΞ dude will do everythn possible to avoid playing this game. What α coward, I hope stephen Keshi drops him anyway, we can't afford to have α jittery player ιϞ τђΞ midfield against yaya απϑ co... embarassed
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2013
I DONT KNOW WHERE PREDICTING A LOSS = BEING UNPATRIOTIC. I THINK ITS THE TRUE PATRIOT THAT ACCEPTS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIS COUNTRY COS ONLY WHEN U ADMIT THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WILL GO ABOUT SEEKING A SOLUTION.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 01, 2013
otipoju: Truth is a statement of a fact. I.e an event or condition that has occured. What your preacher has expressed his merely his own opinion. How can men like me from my own country be playing and I will be wishing them bad? And me too I want to progress. Even if they play badly even if they loose I will support the eagles come rain come shine especially when they are playing against bench warmers like Kalou and Eboue.

....AND WEHRE IN HIS POSTS DID HE WISH THEM BAD MR.? HE IS SIMPLY STATING THINGS AS THEY ARE.
ARE THE EAGLES GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT THE IVORIANS: HELL NO
ARE THE IVORIANS THE BETTER TEAM: YES THEY ARE
IS THERE A CHANCE THEY WILL BEAT THE IVORIANS: YES

IF U WERE THE TYPE THAT BETS IM SURE U WOULDNT BE SO 'PATRIOTIC' COS... U KNOW NAH wink
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by pellegrini1989: 11:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Ibanga p: Mikel- Motivation- Advice. It doesn't add up. What is he advising dem to do? Play like him? Smh.

i tire oooh...imagine mikel advicing n motivating. Hw is he better than those players on the bench. I believe dat Obiora Nwankwo, i'v bn wishin dat Keshi'll feature him. Bia mikel or wetin b ur name go sit ur fuckin ass down. Inefficient player.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by dfigsslog5(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
I believe everything worket for good. Who wud have known dat chelsea will win the champions league in d likes of clubs like Barca, Realmaldrid, Bayern, United, Ac and M. City I know is a difficult game. Perhaps dis might be an opportunity to decide the faith of our midfield. I wish Nigeria the Best.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
Super eagle switching to Argentines Style of goals. *penalty*i wish them victory not goodluck
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by pholusac: 12:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
It will give chance 4 oncoming players to showcase their talents
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Sike(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Thank God for we can now lose in peace.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by stanchez2000: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel have been cleared by CAF he will play on Sunday ...nairaland take note.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Gbenge77(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
pellegrini1989:

i tire oooh...imagine mikel advicing n motivating. Hw is he better than those players on the bench. I believe dat Obiora Nwankwo, i'v bn wishin dat Keshi'll feature him. Bia mikel or wetin b ur name go sit ur fuckin ass down. Inefficient player.
It does appear that Mikel considers himself a big boy,so he thinks he is in a position to advise his fellow players.Imagine not scoring a premier league goal since 2006?Is he offering advice on how to score goals via wayward shooting,passing the ball backwards etc.I mean it is really disheartening witnessing Mikels style of play.If he doesnt up his game through creativity,inventiveness and weighing in with goals,he might become surplus to requirements at CHELSEA
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by graceng: 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2013

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/ NB The latest news we heard this morning is that he could be available for that game. CAF is expected to clear the air later today.

What a relief for him now I guess, becuse if anything happens,it'd be "If I were there,it would've been different".
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Eifeh(m): 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Pvictor10: u no b patroitic Nigerian. Anyway, u b elephant, remember eagles soar, elephant walk.
ya my guy some people dont know their real father
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by noblechriss(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Some people will come here pretending to hate the super eagles team but when match start now na dem tension go catch pass aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ when naija win na dem go celebrate pass.typical Nigerians with their hypocritical ways of doing things.NDI ARA!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Janselem: 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
Red-Light:
what is this one saying?
he's telling u the truth
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by dimcee(f): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
grin
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by eazysally: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
It has now being confirmed that it is only ogude that is suspended from playing on sunday and mikel has being cleared to play
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by AmehSolomon: 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
I am just scared of nigeria match on sunday, hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by ifykoleyahooc(m): 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Sike: Thank God for we can now lose in peace.
You and ur unpatriotic cohorts in this forum are cowards that die many times before their actual death.who the hell are d ivorians?where were they wen zambia lifted it two yrs ago?were these dreaded paper tigers like drogba and toure not there?how come chelsea was able to beat barca in a champions league final?-it was sheer determination and God by their side.come on guys lets cheer the eagles up to victory.they are a gud side,granted,but this is football where the least xpected happens.lets not allow a defeat belief to create our reality.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
The only national teams I seriously fear are Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina and Brazil.
Cote D' Ivoire is not too strong.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
CFCfan: The only national teams I seriously fear are Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina and Brazil.
Cote D' Ivoire is not too strong.

DONT WORRY AFTER MONDAY U WILL FEAR THEM! wink
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by chuksvoice: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
I know i might be in the minority, but truth be told the expectation of Nigerian from the Super Eagles too high and unrealistic. The team was assembled in less than six months and yet we expect them to become world beaters all of a sudden. Check other country national teams, they have been playing together for over a year and we expect Nigeria to demolish them all. Let stop this pipe dream and get behind the team, for me so far i give them a pass mark. What we shld do is to give steven keshi the vote of confidence to continue the good work started.
My 2cent
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by integrityfood: 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Though I respect Iverycoast alot. the truth is at the moment, the are a better side. We expected to see a bran new eagles at the nation cup but their last 3 group stage matches exposed them badly to our weakness in trusting their capability of putting up a good game against a better side. However, I remember back then in one of our qualifying game against Gabon. We could not score but they score against themselves in that match. I am preparing my mind for the worst outcome but still reserve a place of jubilation. But Nigeria is too big not have an organised team since US 94. Every coach keep lamenting that he is building a team ever year. Keshi laments the same. Nigeria, stealing in the glass house, name calling and lack of commitment from players.

I feel its time our national team has an historian who takes the player pass the memory lane. they need to know who is our ark rival, how it started, how many times they win us and how many times we won them. We need a psychologist in team too. The team must watch over 100 videos of our matches see all the error and decide on what poattern to play each team after watching their clips too.

Go super eagle, victory for now is 50/50. We are praying for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt / Manchester City Win Premier League Title / Super Falcons Celebrate 2-0 Victory Against South Korea In The Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.