Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls (484 Views)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2013
A Graduate 4rm OOU 2008,physics with elect (2.2) and after my youth service,i worked with fcmb as a DSA in 2011 and i l8r got a 6mnths contract job as an electrical maintenance engineer which i started in JAN 2012 to JUNE 2012.ever since the contract ended,i av applied for jobs but nothing yet.i have a wife & 8mnths old daughter,as a husband & father i'v to make ends meet by switching to a path 'DANFO DRIVER' which i knw someday God will open other doors for me....no capital to setup and nobody wants to help,man must survive cos am fedup.what do you think?
Re: Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 01, 2013
though am not yet a danfo driver bt still thinking of what to do...i just need a job to survive with my family...
Re: Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls by didicold(f): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2013
@op wish u all d best, i hope u av an estimate of how much u can make perday as a danfo driver, if it agrees with u, no p.
Though why dont u look into corporate driving,i.e driving for companies or chauffeur, d only problem is dat it might limit ur free time if u want to for an interview somewhere or somthin, just tinkin d danfo job might be a bit stressful and what with unscrupoulos danfo owners dese days, u av to deliver weda u were pulled over by lastma or not, just my own thot.
E go beta Insha Allah
Re: Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls by ifyalways(f): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2013
My brother,whatever that is legal that your hands find to do in this hard times,do it well and with all your might.
None of us here knows your story,what u are passing through,would feed you hence,If that is the only thing available for you NOW,do it.You are a graduate,use your education as an edge even in danfo driving.You should be able to stand out in money management even as a danfo driver.

Work,plan,save,don't lose the plot.This is just a means and not an end.All the best.

NB;i hope your conductor would be a street smart one.2 gentlemen manning a danfo in Lagos would make a bad combo.
Have you thought of driving BRT?I don't know if they are paid/make as much as their counterparts but they are more refined,less hassles from passenger etc.
Re: Unemployment!danfo Driver,means To Survive Now...advice Pls by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2013
hmmmmm!,am so grateful 4 ur advice...i dnt mind if u cud help out with jobs atleast to survive cos am really goin thru alot,it hasnt been easy

(1) (Reply)

Students Recruiting Agents Needed / Free Training.07064846445 / Software Firm Vacancies ---------------------------- 2 Positions To Be Filled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.