Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,585 members, 7,905,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes (7675 Views)

Governor Nasir El-Rufai Visits Destitutes' Home In Kaduna / Ministry Receives N5bn For Clean Cookstoves Project, Says Minister / Northern Yam Farmers To Raise N5bn For Buhari’s Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Jalal(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2013
How much did they bugdet for affordable housing for the masses? Yet they go about demolishimg peoples houses!
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by miccheck57: 11:48am On Feb 01, 2013
Its not a small thing o... Even Okpo are having a fair share of it... It was militants, now okpo... Its obvious the cool-headed and responsible Nigerians have nothing to enjoy in this country... I see many ladies declaring themselves as former asha.wo so they can av a share of the rehabilitation..
I see polticians volunteering to help wt the rehabilitation..
They are goin to rehabilitate them inside out... Cleansing frm within.... Oshe...
Nigeria is a great country... God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by thisisme2013: 11:48am On Feb 01, 2013
Chei! I no talk am? all these oluku,agwuturumbe, okpei and the mumus in high places don come with their mumuic policies Again.

Oya where that my 2face CD plate wen that track " ONLY ME" dey sef make I take active my brain antivirus against F cry cryls wen we call leaders abi na losers.
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Retardeen's govt at its best.
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by miccheck57: 11:56am On Feb 01, 2013
OAM4J:

erm...erm.. What type of city gates are we talking about that will gulp as much as N7.5B? Of what benefits are these gates to the generality of Nigerians who are in serious need of other basic infrastructures on health, education, roads etc. Cos I know 7.5B can achieve a lot.

Seriously what is the priority of this government? And they said Oby Ezekwesili was lying. sad

Pls and pls... They are using thesame plan and model as the wall of jericho... Its worth the budget na... Even GEJ is adding part of his personal money to complete it since the budget won't be enough to build the gate... *now singing, the wall of Jericho (gate of abuja) fell down flat*
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Brainformater: 11:56am On Feb 01, 2013
with these info, prostitution is on the increase, dem ladies will like to have there own share! shocked
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by HAH: 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
N5 Billion can employ 10000 OND holders for 1 year on a salary of 45000 monthly.

They want to spend that on their babes in the guise of lovepeddlers so how much will Bala spend on Igbo(canabis) smokers since He is a member, this is a fact I have personally seen him smoking igbo

Irresposible man
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Why not just repatriate the ashewoes to Edo state and iboland where they came from and use the money for something more meaningful ?
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Onyenna(m): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wtf!!!!
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by obi123: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
Another N5 billion stolen
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
miccheck57:

Pls and pls... They are using thesame plan and model as the wall of jericho... Its worth the budget na... Even GEJ is adding part of his personal money to complete it since the budget won't be enough to build the gate... *now singing, the wall of Jericho (gate of abuja) fell down flat*
very funny! grin grin
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Donmams(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
The only option is to vote for buhari 2015. But most of you complaining here will still vote GEJ instead of Buhari because you are afraid he'll islamize the country!
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by pekelepekele(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
I weep for this country and the future generations . If you are a good person and you have human feelings please avoid having too many children 2 is ok in this Country . chai 5bn for ashewo wey people dey die for hospital because they can't pay their bills
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by pekelepekele(m): 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
another thing is this . Prostitution is illegal in This country why build a mansion for the prostitutes , I think the FG should be thinking of chasing them out of FCT
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Fyngal1(f): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
How will d money be spent? Will it be in cash (maybe to start a business)? Or will they build 'empowerment' centres and force them to learn how to make beads, nd other such 'crappy' things? Or maybe they will hand out grinding machines to all those abuja 'big babes' all in d name of rehabilitation nd empowerment. Abeg, make i pass. FCT ashis nd FCT minister, who go rehabilitate each other? Mtschewwwww
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by sharubutu(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
With alligator pepper in my mouth, I speak in the power and with the authority of my forefathers, Bala and whoever has a hand in that budget proposal shall not live to implement it. asheeeee!
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Fyngal1(f): 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Oh! BTW, when FG granted those militants amnesty nd offered to rehabilitate them, they were shown on tv as they laid down their weapons. Hope these 'rehabilitatees' will be shown on tv, laying down their 'weapons'.
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by skilla: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
God judgement dey com
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by miccheck57: 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Why not just repatriate the ashewoes to Edo state and iboland where they came from and use the money for something more meaningful ?

You see where your stupidity has led u all these years?...
Tribalistic bigot.. Na on NL pple like u dey make noise... U never talk about ur osho free straffing pple... At least Edo and ibo makes money frm theirs... Ur own women do it as gifts to men... Fool

1 Like

Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

dude if you this tribalistic why dont u just get a job in wema bank.... the will certainly need ur help
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by donofdons: 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Abeg i am a pros titute, where them dey share the money?
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by anataala: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
simon gonner: FCT budgets N5bn for prostitutes, destitutes

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/971364_Bala-Prostitutes_jpg08ba6b3854ae75b2b1fd023c77171469[/img]

BY HENRY UMORU & JOSEPH ERUNKE

…votes N4bn for Jonathan’s wife mission building, Sambo’s guest house to gulp N150m

ABUJA—The Federal Capital Territory has proposed to spend N5 billion this year to rehabilitate prostitutes and destitutes who loiter the streets of Abuja.

In the FCT 2013 budget, the Federal Capital Territory Administration also planned to spend N4 billion for the construction of the First Lady’s Mission Building which senators described not only as scandalous but an endorsement of illegality, while Vice President Namadi Sambo’s Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja will be renovated with N150 million by the administration of Senator Bala Mohammed.

Also, N7.5 billion is budgeted for the construction of two city gates. Out of the N5.7 billion earmarked for procurement of equipment and other essentials, N2.9 billion will be spent to sweep and provide sanitation for the city.

The FCTA as part of moves to remove prostitutes and destitute from the streets of the Federal Capital City, FCC, has set up two training centres in Bwari Area Council and Lugbe in Anuja Municipal Area Council, AMAC.

The Abuja Environmental Protection Board, AEPB, will be in charge of removing the prostitutes and destitutes from the streets while their rehabilitation will be handled by Social Development Secretariat.

According to a source from the FCTA, the prostitutes when arrested, will be taken to Lugbe where they will be engaged in vocational training in hairdressing, making of yoghurt, computer training, among others for a minimum period of three months. The programme which commenced last year has already graduated over 1,000 of such persons.

In his lead debate yesterday, Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma- Egba who presented the FCT Statutory Appropriation Bill, 2013 said the total Statutory budget stands at N253,199,752,409, with N48,034,818,410 voted for Personnel costs; N49,504,534,358 for Overhead Costs and the balance of N155,660, 399,641 is for Capital Projects for the service of the Federal Capital Territory commencing from January 1, and ending on December 31, 2013.

According to Senator Ndoma-Egba, another N7.5 billion will be spent in 2013 by the Abuja Metropolitan Management Council, AMMC, where the Departments of Development Control, Parks and Recreation, Facility Management and Urban Affairs belong.

Senate Leader Victor Ndoma-Egba said: “The sum of N4 billion is proposed for the construction of First Lady Mission Building. Also, the sum of N150 million is set aside for the renovation of Vice President’s Guest House in Asokoro.

“The sum of N50.5 billion is proposed for the development of transport sector. Out of this amount, there is a Chinese loan of N44.5 billion for the construction of Abuja 60.37 standard gauge rail track with ancillary facilities.

“The secretariat is saddled with the responsibility of promoting social activities like sports, arts and culture, tourism, empowerment programmes, rehabilitate prostitutes and destitute, etc in the territory. In 2013, the total sum of N5 billion is earmarked to address some of the social menace within the FCT.

“The sum of N30 billion is earmarked for the provision of infrastructure and services in the education sector in year 2013. This will also cater for the expansion and rehabilitation of Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and Vocational Schools, as well as to provide teaching aid materials. This will improve the quality and standard of education in FCT.

“The sum of N24 billion is proposed for the provision of infrastructural facilities and to complete the on-going projects. N23 billion is for the completion of on-going projects while N470 million is for new projects.”

Senators fault budget, say it’s scandalous
Meanwhile, Senators in their contributions to the budget however faulted some of the provisions, describing the proposed vote of N4 billion in the FCT budget of N253, 199, 752, 409 for First Lady Mission Building as not only scandalous, but an endorsement of illegality against the backdrop that the office does not exist in the 1999 Constitution. They argued that public funds must not be used on a private project of such.

In his remarks, Senate President noted that the government was not getting the priorities right in the budget as most important things were not paid attention to, even as he urged Senators to ensure that an effective oversight was carried out.

Earlier in his contribution, Deputy Senate Leader Abdul Ningi, PDP, Bauchi Central while leading a strong opposition against the budget said, “N150 million is too much for the renovation of the Vice President’s guest house in Asokoro. How much is the building that it will now gulp N150 million for renovation?”

Also in his contribution, Vice chairman, Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Babajide Omoworare, ACN, Osun East who also kicked against the expenditure, said: “I’m worried about the provision of bogus figures, there’s a lot of disconnect. This budget hasn’t shown the reality of what’s happening in and around Abuja. Provision of N4 billion for building a mission office for the First Lady is scandalous.

“The Women Development Centre is there for the First Lady to do anything she wants to do and I’m not aware that there’s a First Ladies Mission office in the United States of America from where we copied the Presidential system of government. There is no such building in South Africa and even Ghana that is our next door neighbour.

“N4 billion can be used for a lot of other things. We have not set our priorities right. I’m of the view that the committee should look into this.

“Again, I remember that in this chamber last year, we voted N1 billion only for new federal universities yet we are being asked to appropriate N4 billion for an office that’s alien to the Constitution.”

Also in his remark, Vice chairman, Committee on Establishment and Public Service Committee, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, ACN, Ekiti Central, who was also not happy with some proposals of the FCT Budget, said: “I’m worried and I hope that those of us who are leaders in this country do not take the youths for granted. How can we vote N4 billion for the office of the First Lady? I just pray and hope that this doesn’t get to the public because if it does, we are in trouble.

“How can you appropriate money for an office that’s not known to the Constitution?”

Speaking further, Senate President Mark urged the Senator Bala Mohammed-led administration to set its priorities in the budget right, rather than start projects that would not be 90 per cent completed at the end of every fiscal year.

He said: “You’ve all made very valid contributions. I think the main problem with the budget is getting our priorities right. Some issues have come to the forefront that shouldn’t come to the forefront. I’m wary of completing some projects haphazard.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/fct-budgets-n5bn-for-prostitutes-destitutes/
This is what will happen if boy nd his master are always drunk
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
We are looking at the budget of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), which was presented on the floor of the Senate yesterday. The budget raised a lot of dust on the floor of the senate because of certain provisions in it. Lets look at some of the provisions:
(1) The FCTA, budgeted the sum of N5 billion for the rehabilitation of prostitutes in and around the Abuja metropolis in 2013.
(2) In the same vein, the sum of N4 billion was earmarked for the construction of the First Lady Mission Building project within the same period.
(3) N150 million was budgeted for the renovation of the Vice-Presidents Guest Housein Asokoro.
Senators picked holes in it, saying the FCTA had misplaced its priorities.
(read more below)
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- -
Opening the floor on the budget proposal, Senator Abdul Lingi expressed dissatisfaction with the amount of money budgeted for the First Lady Mission Building project as well as the N150 million budgeted for the Vice-President Guest House in Asokoro.
“N150 million is too much for the renovation of the Vice-President Guest House in Asokoro. How much will the building now gulp if we want to build it?”, he asked.
Senator Babajide Omoworare, in his own comment, described as scandalous the N4 billion project, arguing that the money could be spent on some important things that would be meaningful and beneficial to the people.
“It is not proper for us to put the money for the building of First Lady Mission House into the FCT budget. It is against the federalism system of government.

*Singing my ol' skool song* ashawo no be work o!!
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by slimfit1(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2013
ignis:
Senseless and baseless comment from a brainless and shameless person.
Eastman or whatever you call yourself, its FCT and not FTC.

Idiot we all know and fully understand what he is saying so go rest for bed joor. It's his opinion you can say yours is the guy your father animal
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by anulaxad(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2013
WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS I THOUGHT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH THERE GOING TO SPEND ON HAVING SEX WITH THESE PROSTITUTES.WELL ANYTHING CAN BE EXPECTED ESPICIALLY IN NIGERIA cheesy
Re: FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2013
ARES:
dude if you this tribalistic why dont u just get a job in wema bank.... the will certainly need ur help
and you can as well get a job in diamond or fidelity bank tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S-Maryland, Opens Lagos Office For Business / 9th NASS Leadership: South-east APC Members Meet Today, May Reject Zoning / Minimum Wage : TUC, FG Disagree Over The Implementation Of New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.