Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (259568 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
carmelion: I was on my way to see my big bro in a busy part of the city(Abuja) when I noticed that someone behind me was trying to get my attention.

"Excuse me sister,sister!",I stopped and turned. It was a young man dressed in corporate shirt and trouser. I then noticed that he was handing something over to me( a church flier).

Usually I don't like embarasing people and vice versa,so I collected it from him hoping to read it later.

Then I heard him say "sister,please that prophet (pointing to a man sitting in toyota camry by the corner),said I should call you. Its like you have met him before. He said I should collect your number"

(In my mind).Hmmm...,what will I not see in this town. Me?Prophet?

All these while,I did not say a word,I was busy looking at the flier but my mind was not there. I was thinking of the smartest but polite way of dismissing this "marketer" of a guy,without drawing peoples attention.

Everything about the flier screams
"We re still scouting for members"

When the "prophet" noticed that,I was not coming to meet him,neither was I giving my number to his "marketer",he started driving slowly,towards us. He even wounded the glass of his car down saying "helloooooooo".I looked up and all I could see was a stranger. With deceit written all over his face. With a fake smile. I just shook my head wondering how many people they must have deceived like this.

To dismiss the guy standing in front of me,I just asked him"Is the prophet's number written on this flier?".he said yes(looking very happy)he pointed at the phone number at the down part of the flier. So I told him"okay,tell him I will call him",he said "okay,we will be expecting your call".Then I left.

All these happened in less than a minute.

Now I know you will be wondering what exactly what my point is. But even babies knows that many people now go into church business all because of material gain(tithes and offering).

I can't judge my writing skills so I don't know if I conveyed my message properly. If only you guys were there with me to see these guy's facial expression.

I don't know where everyone here is staying but Abuja is full of SCAM!.Their major pick up line is always"Can't you remember me?ah ah(with a puzzled face)we have met before).

Then,just so that you will save both of you the embarassment,you will now say"okaaaay,its true,its just that your face is not so familiar"Once you stupidly agree that you guys have met,you have given them a chance.

In this scene that I described earlier,First,the guy thought I would shiver if I hear "prophet".perhaps I would run to go and receive message from the gods.(I don't blame him,I look soft)

Secondly there method of approach was bad,why would they want to play on my intelligence,forming familiarity?

Third,when I left them,I climbed upstairs and from their I was observing them. I noticed that they were not sharing these fliers to every body. It was shared to only ladies(single of course)Why?like seriously why?Mind you,the flier did not say anything about programme for single ladies .

Is it because they already know that marriage is one of your prayer points.?And that he is a "prophet" with many "prophecies" to unleash?

Of course I told my big bro about it and all he did was laugh while saying "That's their way na,all na packaging"

To the guys it might be funny,but why. take advantage of people because of their needs.

Some will even go as far as mentioning somebody's name and tell you he is your husband. I don't know about you girls o,but me?I am not waiting for any mirage of a husband all because one pastor said he is on the way,So if none of your suitors bears that name,no marriage for you?

What if one thief,drunk,womaniser,of a guy,misses his way and comes to your house to ask for your hand in marriage,you will follow him,just because the prophet said so?(Sorry in advance)

I am not saying,there are no real prophets but please let's not be deceived.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Boss13: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lucky for you carmelion. You need to see how ladies fall for these cheap popular scam in Lagos. Pastors now even connive with members in search of a life partner. They will accost a lady and tell the lady that bro A or B is their husband backing it up with vision (only God knows what kind of vision). Some ladies even go as far as abandoning their current relationship all in he name of a man who claims to be a MOG. It is a serious issue and has been debated on radio by popular radio personalities. Sometimes I pity the vulnerability of women to these scams.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
*totally unrelated to your last post* Carmy doll, bein single sucks! sometimes sad sometimes I feel, awkward about it, even sad, to an extent though, me ave had two or three experiences to know dat MOST men r unreliable liars but it still sucks bein single and alone angry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by eimuhb(f): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
Maya2pretty: *totally unrelated to your last post* Carmy doll, bein single sucks! sometimes sad sometimes I feel, awkward about it, even sad, to an extent though, me ave had two or three experiences to know dat MOST men r unreliable liars but it still sucks bein single and alone angry

eeeem, try to do what you enjoy best and you won't even remember you're single or double wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Maya2pretty: *totally unrelated to your last post* Carmy doll, bein single sucks! sometimes sad sometimes I feel, awkward about it, even sad, to an extent though, me ave had two or three experiences to know dat MOST men r unreliable liars but it still sucks bein single and alone angry

Awwww mayaboo. Geography's a punk ain't it? grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
eimuhb:

eeeem, try to do what you enjoy best and you won't even remember you're single or double wink
yeah, been doin dat, infact I do it alot but bein a realist, it doesn't take ur mind off it completely u know? lets b sincere
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
2buff:

Awwww mayaboo. Geography's a punk ain't it? grin
tongue lemme cry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
Maya2pretty: tongue lemme cry
Mayaboo I no fit leave u naw. sad
If not for this geography thing shebi I for done dey toast you in real time. smiley
Keep praying for your last last boo okay? kiss
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
2buff:
Mayaboo I no fit leave u naw. sad
If not for this geography thing shebi I for done dey toast you in real time. smiley
Keep praying for your last last boo okay? kiss
ok *wipes tears* ok

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 12:27am On Feb 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

The safety aspect of it some of you mentioned is hilarious, somebody said that you can go live with a female co-worker or bring your sister to stay with you like the female co-worker or sister is the superman that will rescue you should a male predator/thief etc come knocking.

Haven't you seen where robbers/kidnappers visit men injure, kidnap and even beat them? The other side of male predators you were referring to which may be (badminded boyfriend/lovers who want to use and dump them or even r*pe them) can still approach them whether they are living with sisters or co-workers. Living with a male or female relative does not guarantee your safety, it is God that protects. A lady that is good is good, living with others or alone does not change that. Some men here that are of the opinion that a single female shouldn't live alone are biased because they still negated such females moral wise. The safety aspect isn't holding water one bit.

Ask me o-o brother.
The type of men that are scared of successful women have one complex or the other and are suffering from poverty mentality because in his/her mind it is only a not-too-successful lady that is good for him like he is scared of success grin. I know that another aspect of it is this great fear of not having to dominate and control the woman when he marries. A man that sets out to marry a woman he is going to love, care for not dominate and subdue can't have such fears. I have heard a man say that he doesn't want his wife to become rich on her own, that he wants to make his wife who she will be which is because he is afraid that she may become richer than him. What will such a man married to a woman do when she gets promoted to a very good salary in her work place or garners an expensive contract, such a man can ask her to stop working or to drop the contract for fear of her becoming too rich: poverty mentality. Let's not be too limiting.

Single ladies can enjoy their lives, dream big and work hard while waiting for whoever God has for them not hide away her money and be taking public transport when she can afford to buy cars, ignore good opportunities that can yield millions for her because millions will chase away intending suitors (hey! these ladies have to eat and survive too grin) or cling to the apron of parents and siblings, sharing homes with them for fear that when she branches out on her own and owns a home that no man will want to marry her. Let's free up our minds biko. Thank you.

Respected and duly noted. I have nothing against single successful independent ladies. Jst looking at it from one angle.
And true d coworker or sis may not be a superwoman bt I think that 2 are better Dan 1.
That's all.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 12:44am On Feb 24, 2013

Sorry dear, it's a pity dat only d wrong ones have been coming ur way.
Thank God you said most and not all. There are still Good guys out there. I pray d right one comes across u and soon.
Give ur time to God nd work. He's on his way.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2013
SimplYeahmee:

Sorry dear, it's a pity dat only d wrong ones have been coming ur way.
Thank God you said most and not all. There are still Good guys out there. I pray d right one comes across u and soon.
Give ur time to God nd work. He's on his way.
I know smiley
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by otele(m): 6:37am On Feb 24, 2013
@maya2pretty
I know you won't agree with me but the truth is most men are nice. And most women are nice too. But two nice people can have a bad relationship.

We need to be more patient with each other and more tolerant too. And look beyond the box. Most people concentrate on the wrong guys and when they are Hurt they blame "all men" or "all women" for their woes. I have an aunt who was hurt by a man, she decided that all men are evil, never married and now regrets it.

Your man will come. Only two problems,
1. Will you wait for him?
2. Will you recognize him when he comes?
Pray.

It's not easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1AvJeegVM
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by ssultana(f): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2013
Just what I needed........a thread to make me feel completely okay with the fact that I'm single...When the time is right,things will fall into place,pls ladies don't rush into anything you are not sure of

3 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
ssultana: Just what I needed........a thread to make me feel completely okay with the fact that I'm single...When the time is right,things will fall into place,pls ladies don't rush into anything you are not sure of
welcome dollllll, to d thread of beautiful ladies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
Awww Otele, ur post made alot of sense, by the help of d HolySpirit, I'l recognise him and as 4 d waitin, am doin dat already #Ilovemyfuturehusband smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by xyoung: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

We all don't think like that, I mean you pass through life and meet many experiences that has made you liberal minded enough to give others a chance even if he is not doled with riches. There are good women that have supported their men into the success they are today. I'm open to working with another on our way to a prosperous life. I was just telling myself to try and see whether there is something I can appreciate in a recent suitor-----I don't mind that he isn't "oh-so-rich", I just can't handle his pot belly ----Jeez! that put me off. He is tall, huge like some ladies will like it but why didn't he try to have a hold on that belly of his.grin I'm not perfect and haven't the best flat abs in the whole world right now cause i haven't been exercising but I can't let myself go like that. I would have been trying to see how compatible I can get with that person inspite of his "absence of blings and presents" if he appealed to me in the first place so some of us ladies do have time for "the working hard guys" that are not all riches right now and not only those with present.
nice comment ivy
i jus hope you put these things into practical and not jus theoretical
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by xyoung: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
where is camelion
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by xyoung: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ivynwa
@camelion
@ssultana
@maya2prety
@other pretty dolls in the house
listen up dolls....
got a question for you all...
after going thru all ur comment from page 1..a phrase keep popping up that need clarification
[size=16pt]RICH GUY[/size]
its either you had a[size=16pt] RICH GUY[/size] as suitor or not so [size=16pt]RICH GUY[/size]
I am really interested in your definition for that phrase..
Exactly in your own words i want to know who you tag a rich guy
Do you mean
1.. a guy driving a car without knowing if he has any other investment or money in the bank
2...or a graduate with a 2.1 working and earning 50k but with great prospect
3...or a dude who just inherited all his father wealth without even working for it or knowing the source of the wealth
4...or a graduate earning like 100k or 200k or 300k or 400k per month (specify minimum salary for a rich guy pls)
5...or a guy having lots of money but you dont know his source (mayb kodnapper, block money, fraudster, yahoozee etc)
6..or you dont care about his source as far as he gat money (MONEY IS MONEY)
7..or because the guy gives you lots of money (without knowing if its 80percent of his earning)thereby sacrificing his own comfort and investment
8..or a guy who borrow money and property (fake life) inorder to treat you well
9...running out of options[size=20pt]
HONESTLY IN YOUR OWN WORDS DOLLS, WHO DO YOU CALL A RICH GUY
[/size]
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
i'm single by choice...i just want to take my time before getting any man into my life again...the mental,emotional,physical abuse has thought me a whole lot..i would rather spend my time travelling and working rather than sulking over a man..and pls don't get me wrong,i don't dislike or hate men,i'm just being careful..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 2:54am On Feb 25, 2013
missblanche: i'm single by choice...i just want to take my time before getting any man into my life again...the mental,emotional,physical abuse has thought me a whole lot..i would rather spend my time travelling and working rather than sulking over a man..and pls don't get me wrong,i don't dislike or hate men,i'm just being careful..
trust me babe, I know exactly how u feel, ur not alone and it's d best decision, 2 take time so we dont get hurt again smiley *big hug*
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by habscare: 3:25am On Feb 25, 2013
Maya2pretty: trust me babe, I know exactly how u feel, ur not alone and it's d best decision, 2 take time so we dont get hurt again smiley *big hug*
u can say dat,,but I wonder y u girls can't recognise the gud but instead u will b deceive wt d material things
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 25, 2013
habscare: u can say dat,,but I wonder y u girls can't recognise the gud but instead u will b deceive wt d material things

OK but why is this the anthem of every broke guy?
As in, "whoever is not me and has more money than me enough to spend on a girl is a bad guy".
undecided

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by xyoung: 4:56am On Feb 25, 2013
2buff:

As in, "whoever is not me and has more money than me enough to spend on a girl is a bad guy".
undecided
you are just unreasonable and immature with this comment
i am very positive you are less than 25yrs.
grow up boy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 8:27am On Feb 25, 2013
xyoung:
listen up dolls....
got a question for you all...
after going thru all ur comment from page 1..a phrase keep popping up that need clarification
[size=16pt]RICH GUY[/size]
its either you had a[size=16pt] RICH GUY[/size] as suitor or not so [size=16pt]RICH GUY[/size]
I am really interested in your definition for that phrase..
Exactly in your own words i want to know who you tag a rich guy
Do you mean
1.. a guy driving a car without knowing if he has any other investment or money in the bank
2...or a graduate with a 2.1 working and earning 50k but with great prospect
3...or a dude who just inherited all his father wealth without even working for it or knowing the source of the wealth
4...or a graduate earning like 100k or 200k or 300k or 400k per month (specify minimum salary for a rich guy pls)
5...or a guy having lots of money but you dont know his source (mayb kodnapper, block money, fraudster, yahoozee etc)
6..or you dont care about his source as far as he gat money (MONEY IS MONEY)
7..or because the guy gives you lots of money (without knowing if its 80percent of his earning)thereby sacrificing his own comfort and investment
8..or a guy who borrow money and property (fake life) inorder to treat you well
9...running out of options[size=20pt]
HONESTLY IN YOUR OWN WORDS DOLLS, WHO DO YOU CALL A RICH GUY
[/size]

I am speaking for myself.None of the above mentioned is my definition of a rich guy.A rich guy to me is someone who is always ahead of time,ready to move with changes that comes with the economy and the dynamic nature of life.If you re materially rich now,it is a bonus for mesmiley,but I hope you would be ready to keep it up? One phrase always goes for me

"life is a passing scene,it is not about now,it is about the future"
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Boss13: Lucky for you carmelion. You need to see how ladies fall for these cheap popular scam in Lagos. Pastors now even connive with members in search of a life partner. They will accost a lady and tell the lady that bro A or B is their husband backing it up with vision (only God knows what kind of vision). Some ladies even go as far as abandoning their current relationship all in he name of a man who claims to be a MOG. It is a serious issue and has been debated on radio by popular radio personalities. Sometimes I pity the vulnerability of women to these scams.

I pity for such people.Both the lady and the "prophet"
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 25, 2013
i have learnt the hard way...most nigerian guys just scare the crap out of me..some are looking for ladies they can suck dry and dump later on,some just want sex all the way,some want to just make you hate yourself but the good guys are so few and invincible..i remembered one crazy relationship i had and all i did was hurt cus the bastard involve was never satisfied with whatever i did,he always wanted money,always accused me of cheating,even went as far as isolating me...i just respected myself and took a very long run and never looked back..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2013
2buff:

undecided
hahahahahaha Epic!!! grin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Maya2pretty(f): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2013
@Missblanche but d consolin fact is there r good guys too, nice guys, who'l cherish u like a an egg and keep u on a very wide plain so no matter how u roll, u'l never fall off and get broken, am done wit makin choices 4 myself cos my intelligence always turn to stupidity and foolishness, I just pray and ask God to do it his way Jer29:11 Our God is so so good cheesy
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2013
@Maya2pretty : i know that honey but its obvious that the deeds of these bad guys have soiled that of the few good ones..right now that i'm single,i'm taking time to spoil myself silly,making myself happy..although i think about it sometimes and i remember that oh!!i'm single but i'm still happy..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2013
God forgive me..but i stay clear of church guys..very far..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2013
missblanche: i have learnt the hard way...most nigerian guys just scare the crap out of me..some are looking for ladies they can suck dry and dump later on,some just want sex all the way,some want to just make you hate yourself but the good guys are so few and invincible..i remembered one crazy relationship i had and all i did was hurt cus the bastard involve was never satisfied with whatever i did,he always wanted money,always accused me of cheating,even went as far as isolating me...i just respected myself and took a very long run and never looked back..

It is okay dear.You are welcome to the thread.smileyPlease don't hurt yourself so much.i want you to know that there are still good guys out there.I pray we meet them soon.

Give yourself room to heal,explore life and be happy.When the time is right,with the right man,you will fall in love again.

Are you working,or are you a student? whatever you are doing now,please be focused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (181) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / If You Talk To Girls In These 3 Ways, They Will Fall Crazily In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.