Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,604 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? (1271 Views)

MTN Or Glo BIS 4 Nokia Lumia 920 / I Lost My Multilinks Evdo Modem Number / Need Visafone Evdo Settings: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by mjay(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2008
Guys please i need your input, i'm considering which of these offers to go for, the new VISAFONE EVDO or the OLD STARCOMMS EVDO OR THE NEW GLO 3G PLUS. The pricing are all in the same range average of 15k/month. But i need to consider the reliability, speed and coverage. Please i need your input befor i commit my hard earned money into either of them. Thanks guys.
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by jahnnelly(m): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2008
Guy if i were you i would go for glo 3g plus. Because with that your browsing would be light years fast. The 3g connectivity runs entirely on both fibre optic cables and radio receivers and transmitters. So my guy go for gold. Glo with pride.
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2008
If you wish to go for Glo's 3G (which i think is the best from the other options), Don't buy there data usb. I will advice you to buy of of those phone that supports HSDPA. Eg Nokia E51. They connects at a high rate of 3.6Mbps compare to Glo's data card that connects at 1.8MB
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by oldie(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
I will advise you go for the Visafone EVDO.
Especially the Platinum or the Gold
Speed is good and less congestion for now, unlike the Starcomm EVDO

The Glo 3G+ works on 3G mobile platform which still has limited coverage
When you use the Glo 3G+ in a 2.5G areas, your internet speed reduces

The fact that your equipment has the capability of connecting at 3.6mb/s does not mean that you are
provisioned for that speed. It is much lower than that.
In addition, Glo 3G+ allows for free access to the internet up to 3 GB, thereafter you will be billed at 35kobo/KB)
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ oldie

it 15,000k per month and not per KB
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by topeteadr(m): 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2008
Go 4 <Glo3G> and 'GLO WIT PRIDE'
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by topeteadr(m): 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2008
Go 4 <Glo3G> and 'GLO WIT PRIDE'
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 12:55am On Mar 08, 2008
Here in Nigeria it will be better if you get a GSM 3G.

Aside from using it on your mobile for uncountable purposes you can also connect to your PC.

Unlike the Data card which you just have to connect to the PC before use.

Visit Nazzyon: www.nazzyon.

for instruction on how to convert your 3G phone to a WIFI Hotspots.

Instruction is for both Nokia phone and if you dig deeper you will get instructions for Windows Mobile Phones.
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by naijafan(m): 1:24am On Mar 08, 2008
info:

If you wish to go for Glo's 3G (which i think is the best from the other options), Don't buy there data usb. I will advice you to buy of of those phone that supports HSDPA. Eg Nokia E51. They connects at a high rate of 3.6Mbps compare to Glo's data card that connects at 1.8MB

Silly obsession. angry That doesnt mean you'll download at such speeds. Infact, you'll never.
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 08, 2008
@ naijafan

Which is better? Data card with maximum download speed of 1.8MB or Phone with maximum download of 3.6MB?
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by naijafan(m): 10:02am On Mar 08, 2008
@info
dont bring me to answer a question whose answer is fcukin obvious. my problem was your obsession. tongue
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 08, 2008
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by mjay(m): 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2008
@All, you guys are great.
I'm overwhelmed by your answers, but honestly I'm still undecided, though the choice is now limited to between VISAFONE and GLO3G+, when you consider the speed of 3g+ Glo it is da bomb the issue however is that the subscription is contractual, i.e I must pay every month use or not, When my 3gig runs out I'll start paying by kilobytes and considering that there are TV and movies i'm sure the 3gig will be utilized in no time, and finally the 3g+coverage is limited which means i will be left with gprs some/most of the time. [/color]The question is, considering this limitations, is it worth acquiring?. And for VISAFONE, is any one in the house with a first hand experience?? please share. Sorry for boring you with my issues but I find it very enlightening. Thanks guys and gals, you are all kool.
Re: Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2008
You don't have to go to their company to pay every moment.

You should be able to pay subcription for a year or more.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Download Firefox Browser On N70 / Opera 8.65 / Make Free Calls Day And Nigth Withouth Recharge Cards On Your On Your Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.