Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,637 members, 7,948,444 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space (2816 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoAtlantic: 1:38am On Feb 04, 2013
An American satellite orbiting more than 400 miles above the Earth’s atmosphere has captured a spectacular photograph of the successful reclamation of land from the sea for Eko Atlantic, the new city development for Lagos, Nigeria.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Eko-Atlantic-Lagos/Real-Estate-Nigeria/prweb10387604.htm

Monday, February 4, 2013
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria (PRWEB) February 03, 2013

An American satellite orbiting more than 400 miles above the Earth’s atmosphere has captured a spectacular photograph of the successful reclamation of land from the sea for Eko Atlantic, the new city development for Lagos, Nigeria.

The high-resolution image shows the Lagos coastline off Victoria Island in early January, 2013 when the newly reclaimed land mass from the Atlantic Ocean had reached more than four million square metres. It is protected by a sea-revetment known as The Great Wall of Lagos.
The Great Wall has been built to more than three kilometres in length and will soon reach the halfway stage. It will not only protect Eko Atlantic from ocean waves but low-lying Victoria Island as well.

The satellite view clearly illustrates that the developers and city planners of the new city have now partially restored the coastline to where it was a century ago. The work continues.

Eko Atlantic is being positioned as Africa’s leading investment opportunity for residential and commercial activities. The 21st century city will become home to 250,000 people and the workplace for another 150,000.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by OurYansh: 1:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Eko Atlantic = Musiwa (1-100)

Don't ask me how or why....

cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by taharqa: 1:51am On Feb 04, 2013
GREAT.....am impressed at the kind and extent of work going on at Eko Atlantic, the Badagry Axis and parts of Lekki....
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by PaulJohn1: 1:56am On Feb 04, 2013
Very impressive, construction speed is not bad at all.
Should be close to completion by 2015 I guess.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by PaulJohn1: 2:00am On Feb 04, 2013
...Eko Atlantic is being positioned as Africa’s leading investment opportunity for residential and commercial activities. The 21st century city will become home to 250,000 people and the workplace for another 150,000.

Wow! Great
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 2:23am On Feb 04, 2013
There is no room for smen smen in any ACN led government.
This is a milestone project that can not be beaten in the WHOLE OF AFRICA.
I hope GEJ enlisits in the Fashola School of Administration.
Bu ha ha.
Mu he he.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 2:27am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:
GREAT.....am impressed at the kind and extent of work going on at Eko Atlantic, the Badagry Axis and parts of Lekki....

seanet01: There is no room for smen smen in any ACN led government.
Bu ha ha.
Mu he he.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 2:28am On Feb 04, 2013
seanet01: There is no room for smen smen in any ACN led government.
Bu ha ha.
Mu he he.

They even see our progress and development from space...

....we are just too much.

lmao

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 2:36am On Feb 04, 2013
Eko Ile:
They even see our progress and development from space...
....we are just too much.
lmao
Infact We are simply FOUR much.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 04, 2013
I must own a property in Eko Atlantic City. By all means possible.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by gunuvi(m): 2:40am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:

If you say Eko Atlantic and Lekki, fine but don't mention Badagry. We have been forgotten in Badagry. Generally sha, Fashola is trying.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 2:52am On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: I must own a property in Eko Atlantic City. By all means possible.
So you too like am.
Me sef don think how i wan arm twist My Papa and wack some plots for this place.
Omo na so Fashola and ACN dey do o.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 04, 2013
seanet01: So you too like am.
Me sef don think how i wan arm twist My Papa and wack some plots for this place.
Omo na so Fashola and ACN dey do o.
Its not a government funded project, its Private Development Initiative.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 3:03am On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Its not a government funded project, its Private Development Initiative.
There you go again.
Could this have been possible without Fashola's approval.
Did you know it was Lagos state government that guaranteed the loan taken from almost five banks for this project?
How much will you pay me if i give you credence to that?
When will GEJ try and emulate this especially in the Power and Oil refining sector?
Fact is Fashola and ACN get brain past that zoologist wey dey drink ogogoro for Aso rock.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 3:05am On Feb 04, 2013
gunuvi:
If you say Eko Atlantic and Lekki, fine but don't mentiont Badagry. We have been forgotten in Badagry. Generally sha, Fashola is trying.

Forget about Badagry ke? The latest edition of project inspection took place in Badagry, the governor just got back from inspecting projects in Badagry.

https://www.nairaland.com/1182924/fashola-another-project-inspection-tour

Just wait till the completion of the 10 lane Badagry express, that area is about to see rapid progress and development.

We don't leave our own behind, we all move forward together..
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 3:11am On Feb 04, 2013
seanet01: There you go again.
Did you know it was Lagos state government that guaranteed the loan taken from almost five banks for this project?
When will GEJ try and emulate this especially in the Power and Oil refining sector?
Fact is Fashola and ACN get brain past that zoologist wey dey drink ogogoro for Aso rock.

You know many of them thinking things just magically happen without leadership good managerial skills, efficient, dedicated and professional cabinet and brain storming.

The absence in many states and Abuja of what I just listed is the reason why we don't see any progress and development in other states and the country in general.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by taharqa: 3:35am On Feb 04, 2013
seanet01: There you go again.

Wondaful!!! So dat's how we al should judge, right?

Just as many of the BIG projects been undertaken by Baba Fash in Lagos have the signature of the FG and Private Investors. The Lekki Free Trade Zone, the centre of the many developments in Lekki axis is owned by the FG unda sm form of lease arrangement with the Chinese investors (of course, with the support of LSG), while the FG is not only supporting the new Deep Sea port been built but has 20% Equity share of the facility; many of the projects in say Badagry axis are been done by Loans guaranteed by the FG, etc etc. Moreova, who owns the land (abi na, water) that this Eko Atlantic sits on? Is it the LSG or the FG??

Since you have fooolishly decided to politicize my commendations at some of the BIG projects going on in parts of Lagos, I just wanted to highlight the above INFO...
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by OurYansh: 3:42am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:

Just as many of the BIG projects been undertaken by Baba Fash in Lagos have the signature of the FG and Private Investors. The Lekki Free Trade Zone, the centre of the many developments in Lekki axis is owned by the FG unda sm form of lease arrangement to the Chinese investors (of course, with the support of LSG); many of the many projects in say Badagry axis is been done by Loans guaranteed by the FG, etc etc. Moreova, who owns the land (abi na, water) that this Eko Atlantic sits on? Is it the LSG or the FG??

Since you have fooolishly decided to politicize my commendations at some of the BIG projects going on in parts of Lagos, I just wanted to highlight the above INFO...

O T U R U G B E K E. O O O !!!!!!

See this dom-domingos individual!!!!

You and the Aso-rock mumu wan come claim credit for this project abi??

Just sharrap dia before I give you one morrafocking back-hand slap....

cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 3:42am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:

Just as many of the BIG projects been undertaken by Baba Fash in Lagos have the signature of the FG and Private Investors. The Lekki Free Trade Zone, the centre of the many developments in Lekki axis is owned by the FG unda sm form of lease arrangement to the Chinese investors (of course, with the support of LSG); many of the many projects in say Badagry axis is been done by Loans guaranteed by the FG, etc etc. Moreova, who owns the land (abi na, water) that this Eko Atlantic sits on? Is it the LSG or the FG??

In what way is the federal government involved in LFT and while you are it, please let us know precisely the federal government's involvement in the 10 lane badagry express.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 3:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh:

O T U R U G B E K E. O O O !!!!!!

See this dom-domingos individual!!!!

You and the Aso-rock mumu wan come claim credit for this project abi??

Just sharrap dia before I give you one morrafocking back-hand slap....

cheesy

lmao...

Abega allow the mumu to answer question first. This clown is basically saying everytime Fashola/Lagos dream up ideas and vision, his druken fisherman mumu uncle in Aso Rock is sitting across the table dropping his own imputes...

These useless and incompetent losers are doing attache in 2013. If you want to do attache or feel among, why not go and fix your rotten federal roads in lagos since we have to scold and lecture you before you carry wheelbarrow and shovel to go do patch patch.

Useless people dey feel among...
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 4:09am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:
Are you for real?
FG doing what on the Badagry Road project?
Can you please say that again so that i can place a big SLAP on your dwindling Head.
Olodo
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by cynthiasmart(f): 4:36am On Feb 04, 2013
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoIle1: 4:38am On Feb 04, 2013
^^^^ Stop spamming and get your rubbish out of here..
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 4:51am On Feb 04, 2013
Viewing this topic:
Eko-ile, seanet01, TALAKA ALAGIDI.
Una don tire.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by taharqa: 4:59am On Feb 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

In what way is the federal government involved in LFT and while you are it, please let us know precisely the federal government's involvement in the 10 lane badagry express.

ALL Free Trade Zones in this country is unda the direct perview of the FG, and none wud even think of starting talkless of growing witout the mighty hands of the FG.
I didnt specify any projects in the Badagry axis, so dont know who said any thing about any Road. The FACT is that many of the BIG projects in Lagos today is been undertaken with the help of LOANS, that's one of the reasons Lagos State is by far the most indented state in Nigeria; a Chuck of these Loans are from external lenders and the FG Guarantees the loans. I am just following the 'logic' of the other goon who said that the LSG is responsible for a totally private project cos they guaranteed the loans that the private investors look from local banks- if we accept this 'logic' pof his, surely many of the projects in Lagos must also be attributed to the FG that Guarantees its loans (at least partially), No?

Read this:

Lekki Free Trade Zone has attracted $1.1 billion (N170.5 billion) investment commitment from 48 investors, Minister of Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga, has disclosed.

The minister who spoke based on briefings by the Managing Director of the zone, Mr. Chen Xiaoxing, noted that the LFTZ had all the features to make it one of the most successful Free Trade Zones in Africa. He spoke during the LFTZ Investment Forum and opening of the Eko Expo 2012, in Lagos, weekend.

According to the minister, some of the top investors in the zone include Puma Energy Free Zone Enterprise, which is investing in oil and gas terminal depo construction. The company is investing $400 million in the zone.

Others listed by the minister are Imad Oil and Gas FZE, which is investing $200 million; China Railway Construction Corporation ($50 million); and YFK Pharmaceutical FZE ($30 million), among others.

Aganga said, “The Lekki Free Trade Zone is indeed the biggest of the 19 Free Trade zones Chinese investors have presently outside China and it has all the features to make it one of the most successful Free Trade Zones in Africa. I have been informed by the Managing Director of the zone that about 48 investors have already committed to investing close to $1.1 billion in the zone.

“I, therefore salute the commitment of the major stakeholders in the LFTZ venture, the Lekki Worldwide Investment Limited, the China African Lekki Investment Limited, the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority, and indeed, the host community. I also commend the staff and management of LFTZ for their hard work and dedication, which has helped to shape this ongoing success story.”

The minister added that, in line with the determination of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration to transform the Nigerian economy through sound and viable trade and investment policies, the Federal Government would support the Lagos State Government, the consortium of Chinese investors and other stakeholders in ensuring that the LFTZ was developed to attain its full potential.

Continuing the minister expressed satisfaction with the management’s drive to attract significant investment into the zone, the technology it had brought and the jobs that had been created to date. He said, “In today’s world, business relationships are symbiotic in nature. While we are expected to provide a conducive environment for investors, we also expect that investments coming to the zones will create jobs for Nigerians. And to enhance the contribution of FTZs to the growth of the Nigerian economy, my ministry will work with the African Free Trade Zone Association, through NEPZA, to provide the necessary facilities to support the operational efficiency of FTZs in the Nigeria.

“Globally, FTZs are known to have one of the largest job creation capacities. Record has shown that for every job created in FTZs, two additional jobs are created through a multiplier process.”

Speaking during the event, Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State commended Aganga for his commitment to fast-tracking the completion of the LFTZ. He said, “What we are seeing here today is the first tentative test for the implementation of the plan for the Lekki Free Trade Zone. The project will out-live many of us and will be a good legacy that our children will be proud of and thankful to those who visualised the project.

“The partnership we have with the Federal Government and the enthusiasm the Minister of Trade and Investment has shown towards the project is a very strong signal of our commitment to taking advantage of the investment opportunities in the state now.”

He, however, said that there was a need for a direct gas pipe line into the zone for the generation of power, noting that this was a major requirement for the sustainability of the zone.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/lekki-free-trade-zone-attracts-n170bn-investment/

NOTE: You guys where the peeps who politicized this in the 1st place; I only at 1st commended the lead of the LSG in driving the Eko Atlantic Project as well as some other BIG projects, before you guys 'asked for it'. I am very contempt to just be happy that this is happening in Nigeria regardless of who does it..
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by seanet01: 5:07am On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:
ALL Free Trade Zones in this country is unda the direct perview of the FG, and none wud even think of starting talkless of growing witout the mighty hands of the FG.
I didnt specify any projects in the Badagry axis, so dont know who said any thing about any Road. The FACT is that many of the BIG projects in Lagos today is been undertaken with the help of LOANS, that's one of the reasons Lagos State is by far the most indented state in Nigeria; a Chuck of these Loans are from external lenders and the FG Guarantees the loans. I am just following the 'logic' of the other goon who said that the LSG is responsible for a totally private project cos they guaranteed the loans that the private investors look from local banks- if we accept this 'logic' pof his, surely many of the projects in Lagos must also be attributed to the FG that Guarantees its loans (at least partially), No?
Read this:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/lekki-free-trade-zone-attracts-n170bn-investment/
NOTE: You guys where the peeps who politicized this in the 1st place; I only at 1st commended the lead of the LSG in driving the Eko Atlantic Project as well as some other BIG projects, before you guys 'asked for it'. I am very contempt to just be happy that this is happening in Nigeria regardless of who does it..
when are you going to tell me how the Eko Atlantic Project is being bankrolked by the FG?
That was why my hands are still raised up here, of course to give you a DIRTY SLAP.
Re: Eko Atlantic City, Lagos, Nigeria: A Dramatic New Picture From Space by EkoAtlantic: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
Our Yansh: Eko Atlantic = Musiwa (1-100)

Don't ask me how or why....

cheesy

cheesy
You know that can't be true... Musiwa na boss

(1) (Reply)

Riot Breaks Out In Abuja / Lack Of Exposure Is Why Nigeria Leaders Have Not use 3 sovereignty by Musiwa / Delta State Polytechnic Otefe, Oghara: Spat Form Now Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.