Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,308 members, 7,967,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 07:17 AM

The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon (18292 Views)

Download Whatsapp+ An Interesting And Better Version Of Whatsapp / Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War / Phones, Tablets And Phablets – Phunny Phenomenon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by emmaskyblue(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2013
There is nothing like virus.
Piponomics: You can speak all the grammar you like, the truth remains that the BB and BIS is the most economical thing that happened to some of us regardless of how much one makes monthly.. The "girls and pinging" mantra is one thing that you all employ in your vain crusade conveniently forgetting the fact that one can download as much 10GB for a miserly 1500naira a month.
You are all angling for us to join Android and iOS right? The same Android where you have to watch your data usage like crazy? Download tons of apps just to monitor data consumption? The one you also need to "Root" to enjoy certain basic capabilities? I don't even want to talk about the Apple products, glorified overhyped prison like devices all of them. I have to rack my brains for minutes unending to transfer a file from my Iphone to another phone that sums it up.
I still have an Iphone and Ipad with me, bought a Galaxy Note 2 last week (which I am enjoying by the way) but I still can't drop my BB bold. That should tell you something.
For you to know that its not just about the
" Blackberry Brand", watch and see how the BB10 phones won't sell becuase of the BIS irregularities.
At the end of the day, we all should just shut up and use whatever suits us most. If Android becomes as popular as BB then the users of Windows mobiles or even yet to be launched Tizen and Mozilla firefox will start their own campaign. Rubbish.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by bayowhoelse: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2013
Wonda y diaz so much hate on BB fone or userz,som usin it in all sort of mannerz doesn't nt mean som ppu cnt b a bit productive wt it...if u dnt like it dnt use it...no b by 4ce
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Samelfisha(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2013
undecided mtcheeewww plzzz aw much z d new Nokia lumia..on Nokia touch light must i use BB
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Moyola(f): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2013
itz juz a phone people!
juz dat some prefer to emphasize d type they own
dont get all worked up 4 nufeen' tongue
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Samelfisha(m): 10:34am On Feb 16, 2013
Lagusta: The only reason I can never leave my 9650 (bold3 for the laymen) is because I easily keep in touch with my friends, family and even my grandma!!!!!

Imagine my class rep broadcasting: "all students must meet with the provost not later than 10am tomorrow or face sanctions" that's what we call effective communication....

Imagine unlimited downloading and superfast 3G airtel browsing, that's class....

I love droids and apples too, but I'd rather get a tab or a pad, than to carry another phone again (except my nokia c3 tho...)
shocked
Lagusta: The only reason I can never leave my 9650 (bold3 for the laymen) is because I easily keep in touch with my friends, family and even my grandma!!!!!

Imagine my class rep broadcasting: "all students must meet with the provost not later than 10am tomorrow or face sanctions" that's what we call effective communication....

Imagine unlimited downloading and superfast 3G airtel browsing, that's class....

I love droids and apples too, but I'd rather get a tab or a pad, than to carry another phone again (except my nokia c3 tho...)
ur grandma plzzz talk to d chicken..mtcheeww
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by unikbabe: 10:42am On Feb 16, 2013
Jceazer12: Hahahahahahaha i still dey laugh Naija gurls too funny.
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Zhahovic(m): 11:06am On Feb 16, 2013
There is no perfect phone
...they all have their strengths and weaknesses....bb has a wonderful camera...and the internet plan and bbm is cool............but i still love my n8 sha[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Segunagagu(m): 11:13am On Feb 16, 2013
Piponomics: You can speak all the grammar you like, the truth remains that the BB and BIS is the most economical thing that happened to some of us regardless of how much one makes monthly.. The "girls and pinging" mantra is one thing that you all employ in your vain crusade conveniently forgetting the fact that one can download as much 10GB for a miserly 1500naira a month.
You are all angling for us to join Android and iOS right? The same Android where you have to watch your data usage like crazy? Download tons of apps just to monitor data consumption? The one you also need to "Root" to enjoy certain basic capabilities? I don't even want to talk about the Apple products, glorified overhyped prison like devices all of them. I have to rack my brains for minutes unending to transfer a file from my Iphone to another phone that sums it up.
I still have an Iphone and Ipad with me, bought a Galaxy Note 2 last week (which I am enjoying by the way) but I still can't drop my BB bold. That should tell you something.
For you to know that its not just about the
" Blackberry Brand", watch and see how the BB10 phones won't sell becuase of the BIS irregularities.
At the end of the day, we all should just shut up and use whatever suits us most. If Android becomes as popular as BB then the users of Windows mobiles or even yet to be launched Tizen and Mozilla firefox will start their own campaign. Rubbish.
Hw much did u buy ur samsung galaxy note 2 jare..my friend wants to send some from europe..but I don't know d price
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Segunagagu(m): 11:19am On Feb 16, 2013
sanandreas: for me i think nokia is still the best. Most of this big phones complicates ones live. Htc for example
Lolsssssss. I tell u. Dat htc na something elso ooo..
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by EmmyDe25(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2013
Sam Milla: What else do you expect from a society that believes Jesus Walked on water, Jonah spent days in the belly of fish and Moses divided a sea with a stick...

Ofcourse no Blackberry No Swag
Holy shit!! Muppet, na fire go gut ur tongue nd d fingers u usd in typin ds for ur stupid nd ill allusion. U must be a goat.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by EmmyDe25(m): 11:51am On Feb 16, 2013
dopeJemi:

pLs I wanna know wah ur point is realLy.. Shud we throw our BB fones away cuz its making peopLe go Nuts? Wah makes u fink ur fone z any better.. Dose of u saying we don't know d Meaning of BIS and OS.. PLz I wanna know, hau does knowing d meaning stop our BIS 4rm expiring? Ur criticism z Dry.. U taLk as if u won't grab a boLd6 wiv ur Hands wide open if I throw it 2 u.. U shudnt criticise d fone unnecessarily just cuz u hate it
Wel, sum of us can, had d chance to get a Bold 5 buh opted for a droid. Never bin a BB fan nd d fact is... RIM is losing it.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Lagusta(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
Samelfisha: :our grandma plzzz talk to d chicken..mtcheeww

But why do you have to insult my grandma!!!

Please if you have problems with your life go to rev. King's church, please

I don't waste time talking to scoundrels....
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by kelvinnn(m): 12:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
BB is good, Android is Better. undecided
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by MistadeRegal(m): 12:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
The so called phone has driven many of them nuts! Including those who own the cheapest and ugliest models! GOSH!!
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by CHIMSKY(m): 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Rsvp
If RIM could do better battery for the phone and deal with issues like "hanging",the BB is a very handy business tool. The internet speed is tje fastest I know.Mail is delivered fast and the BBM experience is second to none.RealTime!
But the phone has issues like this hanging which made me drop my own.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Encoredme(m): 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: he said jesus not jesus christ......there are many jesus on earth na
Jesus na Jesus...he doesn't have to put Christ for we to know that it's d Christ he's referring to
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by 677ano(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
@OP

I work as an investment banker
and Blackberry is standard issue by the bank for business
and it is remotely tied to youur work station/emails for business activities

Business people who understand the potentials of blackberry phones in business
untilise it properly. If you know what you can do business wise with a blackberry phone
then some of you will embrace the potentials.

For some it is a social status or symbol but for day to day business the phone potential is unlimited
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by econity(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ganys: Love it or Hate it, BB is very good for Businessmen because it enhances free flow of information cheaply. But trust nigerian, they are very good in abusing any Good thing. I love BB cos it put Garri and Sugar on my table....
BB is not meant for everybody, its a business Phone and a Potencial ATM Machine for those who know how It works cool
do you mean ATMachine.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by onatisi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
677ano: @OP

I work as an investment banker
and Blackberry is standard issue by the bank for business
and it is remotely tied to youur work station/emails for business activities

Business people who understand the potentials of blackberry phones in business
untilise it properly. If you know what you can do business wise with a blackberry phone
then some of you will embrace the potentials.

For some it is a social status or symbol but for day to day business the phone potential is unlimited

unfortunately my friend i think this is only applicble in nigeria,before the bb was a very important tool in the western world but now it is no longer.the major reason bb is making head way i becos of poor power supply in nigeria and high cost of internet acess.the last time i was in nigeria i was buying 50mb for 500naira for 7days access and the way i surf the mb finshed usually after 3days and i have vowed to buy a bb when coming to naij next time but in this west african country that i am rarely wil u see ppl using bb simply becos internet acces is cheap with an equivlent of 1 us dollar i will get 60mb for 15 day ,what ppl are going for here is tablets and other android phones.the whole bottom line is BB AFFORDS THE ORDINARY NIGERIAN CHEAP AND AFFORDBLE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by fr3do(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ganys: Love it or Hate it, BB is very good for Businessmen because it enhances free flow of information cheaply. But trust nigerian, they are very good in abusing any Good thing. I love BB cos it put Garri and Sugar on my table....
BB is not meant for everybody, its a business Phone and a Potencial ATM Machine for those who know how It works cool

on the contrary,its bad 4 them,,cos of its ba3

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by 677ano(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
onatisi:
unfortunately my friend i think this is only applicble in nigeria,before the bb was a very important tool in the western world but now it is no longer.the major reason bb is making head way i becos of poor power supply in nigeria and high cost of internet acess.the last time i was in nigeria i was buying 50mb for 500naira for 7days access and the way i surf the mb finshed usually after 3days and i have vowed to buy a bb when coming to naij next time but in this west african country that i am rarely wil u see ppl using bb simply becos internet acces is cheap with an equivlent of 1 us dollar i will get 60mb for 15 day ,what ppl are going for here is tablets and other android phones.the whole bottom line is BB AFFORDS THE ORDINARY NIGERIAN CHEAP AND AFFORDBLE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET

I am an investment banker in the UK and Not Nigeria
the standard issue is a Vodafone blackberry business package, my office issued IPAD
is not configured to be utilised as the blackberry. With broadband internet in the UK you dont need a blackberry for day to day internet browsing.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by tavon(m): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
Looking at the market-share of a product just answers the demand for it globally. Stop fullying yourselves. THere is a reason why android and apple is selling more. I rest my case

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Jeffy1206(m): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
clerkent: Ola: "Hey Sandra, I jst got my
blackberry torch! I'l buy d pin
nextweek'
Sandra: "Hmmm? U try ooo! Me
don dash Ekaete my own ooo"
Joy: "Ah! Y nah?"
Sandra: "Bcoz blackberry don tire
me, na BB I dey use!"
Joy: "wow! U r rich oo! I envy u...
Is ur BB samsung or Nokia?"
Sandra: "Noooo! How can I use
dose ceap BBs? It's microsoft
nah"
Joy: "wow! Dat1 mst be expensive
ooo! Shey blackberry dey ping
BB? Jst give me ur pin so I can
call
u wen I buy my own pin"
Sandra: "Eyaaaa... I'm sorry, I left
my pin @home! U knw its nt safe
walking around wit ur pin, e fit
chook u!"
lol where's my Blackburry...
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by ceejayluv(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
I'm glad I totally bypassed the blackberry phase......
Android for life!!
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by bodee(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
Reasons why people love bb
1.People love to chat but you can also chat comfortablely on facebook chat,2go,watsapp,smiggle,yahoo.etc know that bbm is just one out of the hundreds of social network available.
2.You can multitask or minimize on bb but a good symbian phone(E and N series) does that as well.
3.There is unlimited downloads on bb(MTN 4 #1500) but let my bb friends keep downloading files even at the essence of keeping vigil;my bluetooth device is there.Personally speaking,there is WIFI(for heavy data download) in my school

bb has no antivirus but symbian has lots
bb has no sophisticated games and app unlike symbian phones

if you are studious student then get a symbian or andriod
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
Bros u are really backward oo. Me i have an iphone 4S,iphone 5, and a curve2( i didnt see a cheaper one). U need to get a pin bro. U need to Go forward.

( if u cant beat them, join them and smile to d bank)
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by MAYOWAAK: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
I recall dad telling me about a man in my Neighborhood who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude.

You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.

I Remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house.

Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.

What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505, all overtaken by Camry, Honda discussions and range rover? .... Vanity.

A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002.

Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone.

What about d MTN sim card dat many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over 30k, today u will not buy it at N200.

People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things even resulting to killing.

What can I say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.

Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'

Yes it's good to have money.....pleas ­­e make it a good one.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by onatisi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I recall dad telling me about a man in my Neighborhood who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude.

You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.

I Remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house.

Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.

What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505, all overtaken by Camry, Honda discussions and range rover? .... Vanity.

A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002.

Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone.

What about d MTN sim card dat many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over 30k, today u will not buy it at N200.

People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things even resulting to killing.

What can I say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.

Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'

Yes it's good to have money.....pleas ­­e make it a good one.
this is just too good
this is simply beautiful
nice wonderful write up
short and straight to the point
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by Tobiustobius: 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Abagworo: The major reason women crave BB's is for love peddling. Men like me use it for downloading large files of 3gig to 10Gig without paying through the nose and also to get some fast runs too. Most Nigerian girls that feel classy have ipad, galaxy tab, Nokia and BB but the BB and ipad are the active ones.

Excuse you. "Love pedding?" WTF. Maybe the women around you are love peddlers, but you should learn how to use qualifiers. Men like you ko. For your mind now you be man. Oniranu.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by KazaaUpload: 1:06am On Feb 17, 2013
Symphony007: i really haope it does well beause it is a make or break moment for that company but i don't just see it becoming too succesful, i foresee a i phone 5 type meltdown. High initial sale and a sharp unexpected decline.
Even the "sharp decline" in the iPhone 5 is overstated. It is still the 2nd highest selling handset, it's just that in the last 2 months it didn't sell as high as the financial markets expected. The level is set very high for Apple, as the iPhone is the highest selling phone worldwide.
The z10, Blackberry claim has sold well, but do t forget stocks were very very limited. Lets wait until some actual numbers are released for the z10.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by KazaaUpload: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2013
caukerzee: Haha...are those likes supposed to be some form of celebration by them BB users. This kind them get people wey know say BB beta pas iOS. LOL. And to you dude its either you are lying or you didnt know how to operate the iphone 4 or just a butthurt BB user trying to troll iOS. Theres absolutely nothing that curve 2 can do that iphone 4 cannot do twice better. Iphone 4 is far more superior.
My friend no mind him, nairaland is the only forum in the world (except for crackberry.com) where he can type something like that and not get laughed out of the building.
What surprises me is that how many people in Naija have an iPhone (or indeed some android devices) and don't fully utilize them. My cousin had an iPhone 4S and didn't even have an iTunes account! I was just shocked, an iPhone is useless unless you are utilizing the features that come with it.
Re: The Nigerian Blackberry Adventure - An Interesting Phenomenon by kokorodudu(f): 1:34am On Feb 17, 2013
Bold 10 is here and new round of trouble. But sincerely, of what use is that BB apart from the stupidity it confers on people, free of charge. Buggers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Unlimited Internet Subscription | How to Setup Streaming Media Services / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil / Facebook Added Dark Mode Feature: This Is Awesome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.