Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,356 members, 7,932,273 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:34 PM

Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) (23591 Views)

Nadia Buari And Sister Flaunt Bikini Bodies / Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 / Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by jamest3(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
That sister of his should be Prof. Folabo of the university of Kansas. Nice lady there, had the privilege of lunching with her in Lawrence, KS two years ago.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Lakayana: 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
Scarpon: dat guy handsome like this ?,? n.a. wa for old age oooh
You wen fine where your good looks don take you go?
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Vickivicki(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
This Picture teaches us that life is a cycle. Use the early years wisely.Old age is God's gift.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by neksummi(m): 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
Cool picture.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by dasparrow: 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nice picture!
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Orikinla(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
trendystuf: His eyes gave him away. You can tell from his eyes that he was a no- nonsense boy, even at that age.

Source: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/02/photo-wole-soyinka-and-sister-in-1940.html

Kongi and his big head of genius and wisdom. grin
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by hrykanu231(m): 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
He started wearing BERET from a very tender age, little wonder he...
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
This soyinka dude was definitely born with da red barrette
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by lasrondo: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
So Uncle wole has been wearing confra beret since he was a kid.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by dammytosh: 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Badoooo
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by tomakint: 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Akinwande Oluwole omo Soyinka, you are the true son of your FATHER! 'Our Own Soyinka' More fruitful years ahead! How I wish this man is a CHRISTIAN!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by pheesayor(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
baba dey: The end justifies the means always,you need to hear from his mates who went to university of ibadan with him,who he really was. He graduated from UI with a 3rd class,wasn't the brightest @ all then but was known for his fearless,selfless protests he started,per took. The first protest/riot that ever happened started by him and *forgotten his partner name*. They protested,when a full chicken that was meant for two was now meant for 6,7 or so sha. He is also the originator and initiator of the first fraternity but was for a good cause( helping each other academically,anything relating to studies),he was just like an activist,freedom fighter then but wasn't that a prowess academically. It was when he went to England,he restructured,refashioned himself and came out with a first class. So if you think he was born genius have a rethink.

Great men are not born great,they are made.

Please don't mis-educate us.
He was a bright student, a dull person couldn't have started the pyrates confraternity which other confraternities are trying to emulate . His fearless attitude made the authorities witch haunt him hereby making him graduate with a third class degree which he rubbished when he went to study abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by FXKing2012(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wole Soyinka started cultism in Nigerian tertiary institutions which has led to loss of countless young lives.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by pekelepekele(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wow so it's being long this man don dey wear Alora cap cheesy , Well done
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by begwong: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
XVIER: WOLE PLS CAN YOU BE OUR PRESIDENT IN 2015?
he is too old.Would you mind vying
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
dang, they look like they were forced to take the picture...see as dem dey bone face.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by naptu2: 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
"Civil servants 'voluntarily' donated a percentage of their salaries to the war effort, to a special fund called 'Troops Comfort Fund'.

Regarding that 'patriotic exercise', there was one exception, one of a virtual handful, who defied that hysterical phase of patriotism - this was my elder sister Tinu, then deputy principal of the Nursing School of the University Teaching Hospital, Lagos. She had nothing against keeping Nigeria one, offered no opinion regarding how one went about it, but as long as her brother was in prison detention without trial, nobody had better touch her take-home pay! She refused to sign the 'voluntary donation' form and declared her lack of interest in comforting any troops. Throughout the entire period of national jingoism, indeed, throughout the war with Biafra, no one dared touch Tinu's salary.

"You Must Set Forth At Dawn" by Wole Soyinka (published by BookCraft, Ibadan. 2006) p166

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by bcomputer101: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
agi-tuedor:
The man who engineered confraternities in Nigeria.

You are a fool... Prove it.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by tomakint: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
pheesayor:

Please don't mis-educate us.
He was a bright student, a dull person couldn't have started the pyrates confraternity which other confraternities are trying to emulate . His fearless attitude made the authorities witch haunt him hereby making him graduate with a third class degree which he rubbished when he went to study abroad.
Sorry may be I was wrong I thought I heard he graduated with a 'pass' degree before he proceeded to Leeds University in the United Kingdom. I know of Gani, Femi Falana graduating with Third Class, well that is history now!
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by FDenigma: 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
shawylux: Serious kids
Forget serious! D Old fellow sabi flex!
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by FDenigma: 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Wole Soyinka started cultism in Nigerian tertiary institutions which has led to loss of countless young lives.
Confraternities exist globally and are generally harmless. The question u should ask is "why must una own for Naija be different?"

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Bertbert: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wow Picture Good oh.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Wole Soyinka started cultism in Nigerian tertiary institutions which has led to loss of countless young lives.

The Pyrates Confraternity a.k.a Seadogs are a non violent Fraternity and are legal in the country.

Due to the Proliferation of violent cults and frats on University Campuses across the country, Pyrates Confraternity no longer exists on Nigerian Universities and you cant join as a student. #FACT!

@ Topic..

So na from small we Soyinka don dey plan to open frat.. Look at his beret!!

P.S Is it just me or is he dressed up like a biitch?!

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by clemmonce(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
GOOd old days. see the way they were dressed very decent. but everything has changed now.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by DidiLove1: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013

A little research will emancipate your hopelessly myopic and uninformed mind. I recommend it!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
bcomputer101:

You are a fool... Prove it.
No, I'm not. He and six others founded the Pyrates in 1952. Due to internal rifts, the Buccaneers broke out in 1972... I respect Wole and without him I wouldn't have known what it is like to be a Buccaneer... I'm very lucky.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

The Pyrates Confraternity a.k.a Seadogs are a non violent Fraternity and are legal in the country.

Due to the Proliferation of violent cults and frats on University Campuses across the country, Pyrates Confraternity no longer exists on Nigerian Universities and you cant join as a student. #FACT!

@ Topic..

So na from small we Soyinka don dey plan to open frat.. Look at his beret!!

P.S Is it just me or is he dressed up like a biitch?!
Serious? But the Pyrates still do "inis" on Campuses... I know a couple of friends who lobbied and made it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidinma, Tiwa Savage, And Dr Sid Strike A Cute Pose Together (photo) / Will Ini Edo Accept Her Hubby's Son Into Their Home?: Pics Attached / Cover Art Of Davido's EP "Son Of Mercy" (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.