Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,031 members, 7,966,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Are Religious People Afraid To Show Atheists Respect They Give To Others? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Religious People Afraid To Show Atheists Respect They Give To Others? (742 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Why Africans Are Religious / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Religious People Afraid To Show Atheists Respect They Give To Others? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
I just read an article stating that atheists/non religious people make up the second largest demographic in the US military. However, the article also states that there are high rates of suicides in the military but US military chooses to use “spiritual fitness” solutions that emphasize gratitude to God, a supernatural connection with the living beings and a higher power, and reliance upon prayer and scripture. Why not also have ones mainly focused of the mental well being of the soldier patient without appeal to religion/god? Is it that hard? Do psychiatrists and doctors call on God to heal or just do their jobs?

This is one among many instances where religios people disrespect atheists and unbelievers. Many actually do it without remorse. Further examples are;

1) Saying that all atheists are evil/fools without remorse. I personally dont like many religious people but I believe that there are also many good religious people be, it christians or muslims. Imagine if I said that all muslims are terrorists and all christians are crusaders? Why should then be many christians here who maintain that all atheists are evil/fools

2) Signboards. Atheists signboards are usually vandalized and criticised- even when they are not offensive. Christian signboards hardly make the news or get vandalized, even when they are offensive to atheists;

Vandalized + made news

Didnt make news, not Vandalized
[img]http://1.bp..com/_j9oDqG2zBGE/SSBnZtggoiI/AAAAAAAACYg/58u13yH3d8s/s1600/christian%2Bbillboard%2Bfive.jpg[/img]
[img]http://atheistbus.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/christian_billboard1.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

When Goldie Died / Why Is There So Many Jehovah? / God's Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.