Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (29943 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / We're Merging To Save Nigeria -ACN, CPC, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by SamMilla1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
aribisala0:
That's a good one. grin grin grin
Have you got any names in mind ?

We have people with conscience like Chris Ngige who is a Senator. I don't personally like the style of Okorocha. I am not from from their state anyway.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by chucky234(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
aribisala0:
And you think Igbos can produce any credible man in 2015,Rochas is not ripe as he is the only credible Igboman without or with little criminal fluid running in his vein.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
For balance and equitable distribution of political power an IBO man should be made the presidential candidate from this alliance. If all this talk and negotiations is to re-package that old power thirty almajiri of Buhari then I have nothing to say than to call Tinubu, okorocha, Tom ikimi and co political slaves.

Any positive change towards economic and political integration should first of all patronise and exploit the untapped potentials of the south Eastern people.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by eksammy(m): 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT......ROOCHAS FOR VICE PRESIDENT cheesy cheesy

THATS THE ONLY TIME I'LL START TAKING THE OPPOSITION SERIOUS wink wink

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Wadeoye(m): 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
eksammy: FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT......ROOCHAS FOR VICE PRESIDENT cheesy cheesy

THATS THE ONLY TIME I'LL START TAKING THE OPPOSITION SERIOUS wink wink

How old are you? Sure you are less than 15 years of age. See me, discussing serious national issues with kids.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by manny4life(m): 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wadeoye:

Is North not part of Nigeria? And with the destruction and division GEJ has brought on the north, they wont even allow him to campaign there talkless of getting votes.

Majority of the 20million votes GEJ got came from where? Wasnt this from the padded figures from SS and SE where 95% turnout were recorded as against the average of 45% turnout in other places? Your myopic mind should grow up and get civilized.

2015 will be record breaking in the history of election in Nigeria.

LOL... So now, it's padded figures, but Buhari's own was true figures. Even when cows and goats were voting, yet they were real figures? You need help.

They won't let him? Well thank God for weapons, I support "operation GEJ" wipe out any northern person who stands in your way to campaign. grin grin grin

the turnout in the SE and SS is DEFINITE, don't use it as a benchmark average to other places.

Keep trppin brother, is it not the same SW yall claim the Igbos frequent? When the time comes, if your claims are true (we frequent everywhere other than our lands), our numbers will count. Whether it be Igbos in the North, South (East, West or South), we shall overcome.

Take a chill pill and relax, let's not get your overloaded brains more worked up... Relax, after all, the news ain't true.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by jmaine: 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
chucky234: Ah....ok
Bring it on boy

E be like say you dey ginger for E- quarrel grin . . . .No time for that bruv . . . . .

Expo: Diss Buhari and you should have your time fully occupied on this thread . .Should please you a lot cheesy
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by aribisala0(m): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sam Milla:

We have people with conscience like Chris Ngige who is a Senator. I don't personally like the style of Okorocha. I am not from from their state anyway.
I was thinking more along the lines of Senator Uba or Chukwumerije or Pius Anyim surely these are heavyweights
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
This merger could potentially rattle the PDP in the 2015 elections. It's good that the merging parties undertook this venture 2 years before the next general elections, as this will avail them (merging parties) adequate time to strategise and mobilise their members nationwide.
What remains is for the new party to define it's ideology and lay out specific policy thrusts it hopes to accomplish, if it captures the Presidency and other elective offices.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by guvna(m): 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thank God!! PDP might be reaching closure... grin
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by searay(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
take dat: This comment has been removed by the Author.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by dtemidare: 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The four major opposition political parties- ACN, ANPP, CPC and APGA - are now officially merged. This was confirmed by leaders of the party few minutes ago.

Source: Radio Nigeria
What name did the newly merged parties
adopt?
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by SamMilla1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
aribisala0:
I was thinking more along the lines of Senator Uba or Chukwumerije or Pius Anyim surely these are heavyweights

Anyim is a PDP heavyweight.
I dont trust anything bearing UBA in politics.
Chukwumerije is also a pdp i think.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by muktarmtt(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
hrmkz: What will the new party be called?
aribisala0:
aribisala0:
aribisala0:
aribisala0:
well done nyc try u said ur mind we hear den go seat down, igbo man as a predow so dat u will have a pleasure of spliting 9ja in 2 abi?
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by searay(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
Party of the Saint(POS)
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by danikik7: 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
R I P to Pdp
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by lifestyle1(m): 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2013

Redemption party of Nigeria..
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by lifestyle1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by danikik7: 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
The leader should be someone who can deliver irrespective of ethnic or religious background. An economist with vision of science and technology.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Fmarshal360(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
Better development,i pray it will yield good result
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
deandavid: so as oshobaba delivered edo acn to gej.

He did? cheesy

In his remarks, the Imo State Governor, Okorocha debunked allegations that his party –APGA- was not involved in the merger process; saying that he and his party are very much committed to the progress and development of Nigeria.

Senator Jejere (who stood in for Governor Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe State) also asserted that the merger will end the reign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) come 2015 and put the country in the right perspective. He stressed that the PDP had not served the country and its people properly since 1999 when it came to power.

He assured that the opposition parties have all that is required to serve the people and put the country on the right footing.

Governor Fashola who also spoke at the event disclosed that other State Governors would soon join the merger bid even as he said that some were unavoidably absent from the meeting.
Source
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
I bet they are gonna come out with a sweet name like SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY OR Anything with Democratic in it. Very Predictable. But we are watching, and will knoww the cards the Chieftains are gonna play. Ace and Spades, I really doubt that, but if its a game of chess, then its a win for PDP before you even get started. I see a tussle on who controls the cooky jar.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by jydeoshodi: 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
The merger of these parties is the begining of crisis in these country as 70% of them were in PDP.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by j4jj: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
Except PDP elects Fashola as their next candidate
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Toktee(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=LastApostle]For balance and equitable distribution of political power an IBO man should be made the presidential candidate from this alliance. If all this talk and negotiations is to re-package that old power thirty almajiri of Buhari then I have nothing to say than to call Tinubu, okorocha, Tom ikimi and co political slaves.

Any positive change towards economic and political integration should first of all patronise and exploit the untapped potentials of the south Eastern people.[/Is people like you that will never allow thiz country to unite,ur people infested thiz country like plague luking for food but you cannt learn a lesson
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Hilaskee(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
Political coalition is good but building a coalition that cut across diversifying religious & ethnic lines may cause a great barrier...for instance how can a Western dominated ACN trust an Eastern controlled APGA & how can a Northern populated CPC agree with an Igbo led APGA...How can they handle the strife of policy making, political ideologies & representations? PDP is still strong because it's organisation is not based on ethnic or religious sentiments but based on Intra group & Inter group understanding...All the same, let's see how the merger goes!
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Wadeoye(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
jydeoshodi: The merger of these parties is the begining of crisis in these country as 70% of them were in PDP.

we don hear...
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Wadeoye(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hilaskee: Political coalition is good but building a coalition that cut across diversifying religious & ethnic lines may cause a great barrier...for instance how can a Western dominated ACN trust an Eastern controlled APGA & how can a Northern populated CPC agree with an Igbo led APGA...How can they handle the strife of policy making, political ideologies & representations? PDP is still strong because it's organisation is not based on ethnic or religious sentiments but based on Intra group & Inter group understanding...All the same, let's see how the merger goes!

Igbo is not in the merger - Okorocha only want to gate crash.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by ProGSM(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is a waste of time. PDP will always win them.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Roseart: 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
GEJ slide to victory has been already decided tongue

See you in 2019. When the corpse of Buhari will be running, Abacha will be dug up too for VP slot.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
The new Party could be called "Progressives Alliance Of Nigeria". cheesy or "Social Progressives Alliance" grin
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by justmythought: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Its a welcome development. lets see how the PDP plays opposition party for once. NAIJA moving on jere...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Don't Single Out My Administration For Probe: Johnathan / "I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Lagos Anti-One Way Squad Impounds 42 Vehicles, 4 Uniform Personnel Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.