Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,026 members, 7,886,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 04:32 PM

If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? (2834 Views)

Why Do The YAMS Support Palestine But Oppose Biafra? / Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra / Israel Kills Palestine football Legend, Ahed zaqout(* pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by MCUsman(m): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2008
If Kosovo, why not Palestine?

In American and EU eyes, a Kosovar declaration of independence from Serbian sovereignty should be recognized, even if Serbia does not agree. However, their attitude was radically different when Palestine declared independence from Israeli occupation on 15 November 1988. Then the US and EU countries (which, in their own eyes, constitute the "international community", to the exclusion of most of mankind) were conspicuously absent as over 100 countries recognized the new State of Palestine, and their non-recognition made this declaration of independence "symbolic", unfortunately for most Palestinians as well.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Play(m): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2008
When Biafra declared independence,did you support it?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by chidichris(m): 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2008
Mc Usman,
what is independence? what or how do u relate the palestine to that of Kosovo?
palestine is saying isreal shld leave. the eu and usa has been the sponsors of the palestine state-maybe u don't know.
the issue here is that us and eu are saying palestine shld drop violence and engage in dialogue which abbas is doing while hamas is saying isreal does not have right to exist. are u saying that us and eu shld support that idea of wiping isreal from the surface of the earth as the iranian president is calling for?
what exactly are u saying?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2008
McUsman, what independence did "Palestine" declare?
Arabs were given the choice to form their own nation beside Israel in 1947, we all know who rejected this firmly prefering to go to war.
The WestBank and Gaza were under Egypt and Jordan yet ur "palestinians" did not think it imperative to declare independence?

What independence are they declaring? Have palestinian arabs as a cultural identity ever existed? Can arabs just go to Lagos and declare independence from Nigerian occupation?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
And they just went to Israel and declared independence, How long have the Palestinians existed in Israel? Ask you self that before some nonsense declaration by UN
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by MCUsman(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2008
4 Play:

Biafra was a pipe dream, that never existed either on concept or otherwise, but decided to declare fictitious independence.

JosBoy4Lif:

How long have the Palestinians existed in Israel? Ask you self that before some nonsense declaration by UN

From time immemorial

chidichris:

Mc Usman,
what is independence?

Independence is to be independent.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Play(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
MC Usman:

Biafra was a pipe dream, that never existed either on concept or otherwise, but decided to declare fictitious independence.

Has the State of Palestine ever existed at any point in history.It was only upon the formation of the PLO,in the 60s,did the idea take hold and even then,the PLO only moved to declare independence in 1988.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2008
MC Usman:

From time immemorial

This is false. Arabs did not conquer Jerusalem until 638 AD and even then were driven out by the crusaders in 1099 AD.
Ever since the land has been in control of the Turks (who by the way are not Arab), so where is the "time immemorial"?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by Ibime(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2008
4 Play:

Ask am abeg!

Please 4Him, take that Israeli flag off your signature before you incite people to internet violence.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by MCUsman(m): 9:46am On Mar 11, 2008
Ibime:

Ask am abeg!

Please 4Him, take that Israeli flag off your signature before you incite people to internet violence.

Why worry the guy is a Zionist Rabbi grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
Ibime:

That is the star of David that just happens to be a part of the insignia on the Israeli flag.
It is a christian symbol (of my name) as well as a jewish symbol.

MC Usman:

Why worry the guy is a Zionist Rabbi grin grin grin grin grin

why am i surprised? Same old arab propaganda.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by DRANOEL(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
@4HIM
if its not northern muslims its arabs.whats with you and muslims?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2008
DRANOEL:

@4HIM
if its not northern great ones its arabs.whats with you and great ones?

My dear, did you hear of the mus'lim threat to Seun's life?
A bomb blast just killed 24 in Pakistan this morning, 5 US soldiers were killed by a suicide bomber in Baghdad yesterday . . . Gaza is still burning . . .

Ask me again what is with me and mus'lims.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by ayinba1(f): 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2008
@4him, yada yada yada yada.

don't you ever get tired of hearing yourself speak/think/post?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
ayinba1:

@4him, yada yada yada yada.

don't you ever get tired of hearing yourself speak/think/post?

Same ol' same ol'. Dont you people get tired of shutting others down when they say things that dont necessarily agree with ur warped sense of judgement?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2008
4Him:

My dear, did you hear of the mus'lim threat to Seun's life?
A bomb blast just killed 24 in Pakistan this morning, 5 US soldiers were killed by a suicide bomber in Baghdad yesterday . . . Gaza is still burning . . .

Ask me again what is with me and mus'lims.
4Him, Let me ask you a fundemental question has the US aided in the "war on terroism", which by the way was not their main reason for going into Iraq you remember, or poured gasoline on to it? Iraq is a nation of a ghetto right now kudo's to america. When did you hear of terroist in Pakistan, kudo's to America. Gaza is still burning, what about Gaza has no food?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

4Him, Let me ask you a fundemental question has the US aided in the "war on terroism", which by the way was not their main reason for going into Iraq you remember, or poured gasoline on to it? Iraq is a nation of a ghetto right now kudo's to america. When did you hear of terroist in Pakistan, kudo's to America. Gaza is still burning, what about Gaza has no food?

Josboy . . . you people should stop this hypocritical attitude of reading history from the yr 2000 only. '

When Iraq and Iran were engaged in an 8yr war of attrition that led to the loss of over a million lives was it the US that was at fault?
When Saddam gassed the kurds . . . was it because of the US army?
Where were you when Pakistan and India came to the brink of using nuclear arms over Kashmir? Bush's fault too?
Was the red mosque in Islamabad that housed terrorists built in 2003?
Was the Taliban born in 2003?

Gaza has NO food but it has enough to fire up to 50 rockets a day into Sderot . . . does that sound reasonable?
Gaza has NO food and yet there are luxury cars in Gaza and the palestinians had enough money to buy goods from Egypt just a month ago?
Where is all the aid that goes into Gaza from foreign nations?

Even if Gaza has NO food . . . who is supposed to provide it for them? Israel and the US?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by ayinba1(f): 12:24am On Mar 12, 2008
@all sensibleposters
Is this David/4him guy really on this planet? You cannot claim that you do not know the answer to these questions. Boy you sure sound dumb sometimes. Even rednecks know better.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 12:29am On Mar 12, 2008
ayinba1:

@all sensibleposters
Is this David/4him guy really on this planet? You cannot claim that you do not know the answer to these questions. Boy you sure sound dumb sometimes. Even rednecks know better.

I love how you never answer any of those questions but rather prefer to insult those whose opinion differs from yours. I'd really love to see you one day engage the topic instead of hounding me for my opinions.

Did i insult you or even refer to ur person at any point in this topic?

If i "sound dumb" why dont you just show me those places where i do so with clear evidence to the contrary?

I asked a pertinent question . . . where is all the millions of dollars in aid to Gaza going? Why cant Gazans get food and yet can procure 50 rockets a day?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by DRANOEL(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2008
4him
your knowledge of history is quite appalling,how sad
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2008
DRANOEL:

4him
your knowledge of history is quite appalling,how sad

Please how about you tell us where our knowledge of history is wrong instead of hiding behind the veil of personal insults.
What is appalling is not my knowledge of history but your own refusal to engage issues rather than personalities which is pretty much the last refuge of the intellectually deficient.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by DRANOEL(m): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2008
@4him
maybe i have not seen the intellectual personality to engage in reasonable discussion with,just a bunch of misinformed zealots who rely on what was told to them by their parents or the southern influenced media
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2008
DRANOEL:

@4him
maybe i have not seen the intellectual personality to engage in reasonable discussion with,just a bunch of misinformed zealots who rely on what was told to them by their parents or the southern influenced media

what a pathetic cop-out. Even kids would have more rational answers.
You cant stand the heat then leave the kitchen.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by chidichris(m): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2008
whenever an individual chooses to reply question(s) with insults, it is obvious he/her lacks answer to the question.
the bottom line is that there are two ways to independence viz; dialogue and violence.
the palestine independence as we are discussing here have chosen both because Abbas(fattah party) are out to discuss while hamas is saying no dialogue.
in either way, God is great. no man wins a war if God is not with him so let the isrealites continue calling on their God while the palestines face their own God.
the isrealites are human beings and as such have right to exist so if anyone is saying they must not exist where they are existing, let him/her tell us where they are surposed to exist.
if on the contrary the arugement is based on the call by Iranian president that isreal be wiped out of the surface of the earth, then we are taking the position of God who has the power to take lives though taking lives involves might so let the leaders lead by example.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2008
4Him:

what a pathetic cop-out. Even kids would have more rational answers.
You can't stand the heat then leave the kitchen.

Abegi,  no mind the goon. It seems all he does is go around attacking people instead of replying posts as a decent human being would. Somehow he has it in his mind that if he puts people down, he scores himself brownie points of some sort. The dude's MO is to berate anyone who does not agree with his side of the arguement (problem is I am yet to see his side in this case or any) and if you plan to wait for him to actually post some point remotely related to the topic at hand, chances are you will wait forever. Makes you wonder how old he is and if he was raised by a pack of hyenas who fed him insults for breakfast .LMAO!!!
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by Afam(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
ayinba1:

@all sensibleposters

Are you new to this forum?

You should have known that Davidylan/4Him/PTH supports anything Israel or US whether right or wrong.

The only reason why Palestine is not an independent state today is because the US/Israel cannot stand it even when they pretend to see it happen.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
Afam:

Are you new to this forum?

You should have known that Davidylan/4Him/PTH supports anything Israel or US whether right or wrong.

Same old story, confound them with facts and they come bleating insults.

Afam:

The only reason why Palestine is not an independent state today is because the US/Israel cannot stand it even when they pretend to see it happen.

this is ridiculous. Was it the US/Israel that refused the UN offer of a palestinian state in 1947?
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by MCUsman(m): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2008
4Him:

You can't stand the heat then leave the kitchen.

Can;t blame the westicoted & Zionist guy. He is an illegal immigrant probably employed as a chef in the USA.

Remenber the famous Bush slogan on the war on terror "it's either you are with us or against us. A lot the so called allies of the US are afraid of one thing or the other. In the case of 4him deportation is the beginning wisdom.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by 4Him(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2008
MC Usman:

Can;t blame the westicoted & Zionist guy. He is an illegal immigrant probably employed as a chef in the USA.

same ol'. Rather than see the truth for what it is they go on a campaign of calumny.

MC Usman:

Remenber the famous Bush slogan on the war on terror "it's either you are with us or against us. A lot the so called allies of the US are afraid of one thing or the other. In the case of 4him deportation is the beginning wisdom.

What is the relevance of this to the topic? And we dare criticise our leaders when we ourselves find it so difficult to endure opinions that run contrary to our own views.
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by grafikdon: 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2008
I wonder why these ''Black Arabians'' can't huff and puff over the plight of their ''brothers'' in Mother Africa. Perhaps Africa is a bed of roses where neighbours water their flowers under the soothing evening sun
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by DRANOEL(m): 9:33am On Mar 14, 2008
@all the zionist
i wonder how some of you will feel if all of a sudden some decides hausas first occupied lagos and then goes on to relocate them there,am sure we will certainly have yorubas fighting hausas daily. now reflect that on the isreal situation
Re: If Kosovo, Why Not Palestine? by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2008
DRANOEL:

@all the zionist
i wonder how some of you will feel if all of a sudden some decides hausas first occupied lagos and then goes on to relocate them there,am sure we will certainly have yorubas fighting hausas daily. now reflect that on the isreal situation

@Dranoel

please Note the fight in palestine is not about lands it is all about the people

should i say ethnic cleansing.

even if u take the isrealis and build a land for them in the ocean the arabs would still claim they should all die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Titus Olusoji Eweje For Governor Of Ogun State 2011 / Nigerian Security Was Not Prepared For Bombing, Says Security Adviser / Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.