Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,732 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR (13161 Views)

The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / Photonews: Pension Fund 'thieves' Arraigned In Abuja / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by creativemusic: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin great Nigeria
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2013
One wonders where some of these judges went to school. A nation is as great as it legal system permits. To the extent as the Nigeria legal system is as bankrupt as it is, one can conclude that we have a long way to go. God help us.
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by pek(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
Ahmedie25: we are discussing something reasonable about the terrible act of corruption in Nigeria & all u could said is"2nd to comment" i hv never see a silly person like u
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by playto(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
For goodness sake, from where are our laws and judges made? What kind of justice system sent a man to prison for two years for stealing vegetable, yet set free(option of N750,000) another man whose crime has resulted into countless death of pensioners while waiting in queue to collect their unavailable pension
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by 9jauk: 10:43am On Feb 06, 2013
Failed state.... To shambles!!!
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2013
they are trying though, but their efforts are not enough. SOLUTION TO END THIS GARGANTUM CORRUPTION IS CAPITAL PUNISHMENT(OUTRIGHT EXECUTION)!
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by nlofficial(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2013
Once you know your way and have the judges as your culprits, you'll be enjoying your loot till you decompose while alive before death. grin
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by ElCaballa(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2013
OMG! I wish this is happening in China.All we would have been planning is burial arrangements cuz that blue collar thief would have been Aninied since.

1 Like

Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by miketonic(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2013
isn't this the same country where 4 college boys were gathered and burn alive by aluu community because of a mere accusation. also, giving a man who stole a black berry phone 6 years in jail. but when it comes to a man who stole $203 million police pension money and the give him 2 years in jail or and option to pay fine to be free. lol you see, my nigerian people, thats why i will never return to nigeria, i will stay in america and enjoy white punane until i die..lol good day

ps. i hope nigeria lose to Mali today
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by subnormal: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2013
Its a real shame, but EFCC did great by rearresting the guy, this time he gets his 4yrs with no fine option... one question for EFCC, will dis guy be willing to testify against his cohorts seeing that he will be deprived of his freedom, or do they(EFCC) av a written testimony signed by him?
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by chessguru1(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Its only in Nigeria that criminals negotiate and bargain for justice.May God punish all those that have made life miserable for the common Nigerians. angry
Please brother, even if you haven't traveled abroad, surely u must have watched movies where the FBI or american police cut deals with criminals if they cooperate and receive shorter sentences.
Plea bargain is not a new thing.
Nice one by d efcc in catching him again. The bottom line is that d justice institution in this country is non-existent. Along with so many other core institutions

1 Like

Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by NET1(m): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2013
vanstanzy: The judge should be arrested, prosecuted and hanged. angry

My guy, you dey provoke o. cheesy cheesy You don pass sentence already before judgement. hahaha.
Nor mind me abeg. That judge na Hediot. Even me, I sabi Law pass am sef (upon say I no go Law School sef)

.NET
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Capnd143(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2013
All of ya that shouted 5 years is 2 small, you know nothing about the judicial process. They convict had been previously acquited of the 25billion corruption charges by LAW so now the only way to get his ass in jail is to use charges of *false declaration of asset* which is punishable by 5years in hell! So 5 years is not small for the charge he is currently facing, but would have been small if it was for the corruption charges
EFCC I hail thee!
God bless Nigeria
Long live the Federation.
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by seedorfabbey: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2013
Hmmmm my fellow Nigerians do you believe is possible for this man not sleep in this jail for a day I beg free me I don't care about all this rearrest of a thing. angry angry
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Asis(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2013
Pace$etter:
In Nigeria,....the higher your offence the lower your prison tenure...millions of naira just for 2years with an option of a change...O my God...examination malpractise no get fine option....
GBAM
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by dumjoshua: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
the government officials who stole mony shld be punished accordind to the law,this will serve as warning to intending duppers.more importantly the judiciary systems should be sanitized immediatly,the earlier we start to do that the beta,....or the impending revolution the option
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by clubone05: 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Nigerians are really dumb....in the states..everyone that had anything to do with that case would be under investigation.

1:EFCC-you agree a plee bargain for a case u claim u had throughly investigated.you went to court without a written/video or any agreement of the plee bargain.then u obiviously left N250mil for the guy to spend..common are we stupid or not...EFCC now realize he left some cash back(the day after the judement)are we fools...........
Money changed hands...the judge-EFCC-the lawyers...
They should all go to jail.
Op if u look well if u read well u'll see that this aticle is a pin job to make EFCC look good.
The fact its just so so stupid.

1 Like

Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Symphony007: 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
The bottomline is the corruption purnishments has to be fully made stiffer and more efficent..corruption is the bane of nigeria's problem but purnishment for it is childs play compared to virtually inconsequential things like gay unions. You can imagine the slap on the wrist a national thief gets...but a kid who cheats in exams get 21 years. This country needs to outline it's priorities.
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by andyanders: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
He is just having bed rest and to cool tension outside. After a while, he will be entitled to freedom, with an air conditioned choice room with a good choice food and women to go with.

When he is out, he will join PDP and contest for National Assembly as an Honorable member. Nothing happen, na 9ija way. Chop I chop. No go steal chicken or goat as the judge will sentence you to life imprisonment with hard labour and no option of fine or death penalty for stealing a cup of rice because you just wasted his time.Na 9ija. Steal as Honorable Member or as top government functionaries.Nothing happen.
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
Why can't Nigeria and our Judiciary learn from the US Bernard Madoff case were he was sentenced to 150years for duping investors over $170 billion.A lecturer of mine once told me some years back while in College that Nigeria will never be good until people in power will start going to jail.Only then can we see changes.Can you imagine one that steals a phone or jewellery gets close to 5 or 10 years while one that steals billions of naira gets a plea bargain or few(2years) in prison that he or she spends almost the whole of the few years in a VIP section of a classy Private hospital(Cecillia Ibru).Seems the judges are even angry with petty criminals for not engaging in meaningful stealing that is why they do hand them those hefty punishment.
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by Fantacy1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Its only in Nigeria that criminals negotiate and bargain for justice.May God punish all those that have made life miserable for the common Nigerians. angry
God wil surely punish all of dem...both d govt, EFCC, d judge and all dos criminals who ve made Nigeria a lafin stock. EFCC negociating wit criminals. Poor man go serve 10yrs 4 minor ofence while dos idiots ar set free
Re: How Judge Tricked EFCC To Free $203million Pension Fund Thief- ICIR by andyanders: 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2013
Fantacy1:
God wil surely punish all of dem...both d govt, EFCC, d judge and all dos criminals who ve made Nigeria a lafin stock. EFCC negociating wit criminals. Poor man go serve 10yrs 4 minor ofence while dos idiots ar set free

God go blind them for life and put them for Indian hospitals for undisclosed sickness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Commercial Papers / Get Free Recharge And Data For Using This Browser / Paint Making Emulsion, Texcote, Oil, Flex And Satin Paint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.