Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,725 members, 7,879,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship (12421 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home / Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by dotcomnamename: 7:49am On Feb 06, 2013
US citizenship open 'to all illegals'

The 11 million illegal immigrants living in the US will be entitled to future citizenship regardless of nationality but first must undergo background checks and ensure their taxes are up to date, the White House has said.

Providing more details on President Barack Obama’s plan for a “common sense” reform of US immigration, White House domestic policy director Cecilia Muñoz said the administration was trying to resolve the problem of 11 million undocumented immigrants “without respect to nationality”.

Paying taxes and ensuring that their tax affairs are “up to date” has to be part of the legal process to put illegal immigrants on the road to becoming US citizens, said Ms Muñoz. She acknowledged that the undocumented had to “feel safe” to come forward and undergo background checks, and that the legalisation process had to be designed to ensure they were comfortable, otherwise the reforms would not work.

The president hopes a Bill will come before Congress within four to six weeks, she said, and he would introduce his own if a proposal offered by the cross-party group of senators became “bogged down in the Senate”. House Republicans, meanwhile, are coming up with their own compromise immigration reform.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2013/0206/1224329707890.html

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Burger01(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2013
That's a good one from 'In God we trust' nation.. and that's what i call diversity with common sense.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2013
It's a laudable move by the White House.i like the motive behind this and it is certain to unify rather than diversify.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by casestudy: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2013
o'boy green card for the hustlers! maga don pay shout halleluyah!
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by tomakint: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
This is good news cheesy cheesy
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by enyieuna: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
A lot of people will not qualify the background checks especially people from Mexico wish them luck anyway
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Nosyke(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
o boy............*on ma way to US embassy to hutsle for visa*
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
Obama is working tongue

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by israel007: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
they should send them back home to develope their countries
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by manny4life(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
I hope the bill passes, with a democratic controlled senate,,, anything is possible. grin grin grin
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Asis(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
Gud news
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by moneyhungry(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
chai!!
i for like follow any available CONTAINER enter U.S o!!

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by andyanders: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
Good news for US congress. Our own law makers are here stealing and embezzling money by all means and the US are after the affairs of the less privileged. May God bless America and less the less privileged in Nigeria, while those in government will receive decease that only can be cured abroad if they fail to change.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by NessaFresh(f): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
israel007: they should send them back home to develope their countries

Bad belle..if to say u dey USA u go happy make dem send u bacc to naija? Abeg free them...I wish say I be illegal immigrant sef lol

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by NessaFresh(f): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
money-hungry :
chai!!
i for like follow any available CONTAINER enter U.S o!!

No be to enter be wahala..d tin be say u go fit pay tax?
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by manny4life(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Well for those who's tryna get smuggled into container, undecided undecided undecided undecided this one doesn't affect you.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Jyde89: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
the best way to catch a fish is through a bait, do you think they would be allowed to go scot free if any abnormality is sensed in thier tax record, deportation straight! Trust my 9ja peep's dem no go reach 50 4dia.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Truckpusher(m): 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
At least all the African(Nigerians) herd that couldn't contribute anything meaningful to their own society, but believes that the only way out was to run away will have a field day.....as for the US kudos just watch out for the numbers of Nigerians that will come knocking would be unprecedented because we love ready-made thIngs. grin grin grin grin
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
case study: o'boy green card for the hustlers! maga don pay shout halleluyah!
Haha gd news Obama don try for Africans be dat
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by dasparrow: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
@Post

It's about time
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by babaowo: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
God bless America......
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Naijalastborn(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
guys Prepare you bags, America here we come grin tongue
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by pyyxxaro: 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
SET UP shocked
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Nuzo1(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
This is very strategic for the US government.
Its gonna be a give and take situation.

The immigrants will be forced to pay taxes starting from the day they entered the USA. FIRs is gonna make a lot of money from this programme.

It will also control the crime rate as most illegal immigrants tend to commit more crime.

After this, the government will be harsher to illegal immigrants as the remaining few would not have the manpower to cause civil unrest.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Symphony007: 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
If obama think the republicans in the u.s congress will allow such amnesty then he must think he is a king!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by Originalsly: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
pyyxxaro: SET UP shocked
Lol...you said it!Some people ready to swallow the bait!I guess if you have tax records and no run ins with the law you are ok...if not...most likely...detention and deportation!
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by daylae(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
enyieuna: A lot of people will not qualify the background checks especially people from Mexico wish them luck anyway

a lot of background checks on guns and humans these days.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by ypzilanti: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
Damn! I should have overstayed my visa. Damn. Damn. Damn. Nigeria is getting more and more annoying by the day.
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by imperiouxx(m): 1:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Nosyke: o boy............*on ma way to US embassy to hutsle for visa*

which time you wan build your taxes to qualify, you think say na for those wey just dey come.....LWKMD ooo
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by imperiouxx(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
ypzilanti: Damn! I should have overstayed my visa. Damn. Damn. Damn. Nigeria is getting more and more annoying by the day.

If you've overstayed, will you qualify when it boils down to checking tax record? Visiting visa is not entitle to SSN then how do you work, able to pay taxes or have tax record?
Re: Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship by ypzilanti: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

If you've overstayed, will you qualify when it boils down to checking tax record? Visiting visa is not entitle to SSN then how do you work, able to pay taxes or have tax record?

study visa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Have A Good Night Rest While Travelling / I Wan Enter Kuwait / Sudan: We Need 4 Aircraft To Bring Nigerians Back — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.