Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) (12724 Views)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by MCool: 3:54am On Mar 10, 2008
do you know a reputable company that convert right hand drive truck (daf leyla nd) uk to left hand drive?
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by showbobo(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2008
check at ladipo
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 10, 2008
And MCool, always state your location, when making such enquiries.

Advice you'll be given tends to depend on where you are. . .
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by MCool: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2008
I am in Lagos, where in Ladipo. Also, do you think it can be done perfectly?

Thanks
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2008
Converted perfectly, in Lagos? shocked

Well, it'll be converted all right, as for the quality of workmanship, I couldn't vouch for.

I have a friend who used to buy cars and vans from the UK, and have them converted in Nigeria. The pictures he sent me said it all - terrible.

The last ones he sent out, over a year ago, were converted by my own fair hands. There's such a thing as taking pride in your work, but unfortunately, most don't. They just bang them out as quickly as they can, and the results speak for themselves.

Still, the Ladipo guy might be pretty good, be an enthusiast, as well as an engineer. . .
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by cyberjaya: 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2008
The ladipo BOYS can do an excellent job for you especially BUSES,

Make sure they get the necessary things in place and your car will be in best condition.
Trust me most cars in dealers shops are converted , neatly brought in from Japan, singapore and the UK
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by MCool: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2008
Did you say buses can be converted perfectly.

But do you know if  the same applies to Leyland DAF 60 Tanker truck? And how much will it cost?
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 12, 2008
One of those things that doesn't have a real fixed price.

All depends on source of parts, and if you're sourcing them yourself.
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by cyberjaya: 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
I dont know of: Leyland DAF 60 Tanker truck
You may check with the Ladipo Guys they can make it happen,
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 9:17pm On May 17, 2008
cyberjaya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ladipo BOYS can do an excellent job for you especially BUSES,

Make sure they get the necessary things in place and your car will be in best condition.
Trust me most cars in dealers shops are converted , neatly brought in from Japan, singapore and the

can you tell us who can do it perfectly among those Guyz plz? İ HAVE A BUS ON THE WAY TO NAİJA THAT NEED TO BE CONVERT
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by lucabrasi(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2008
if its a honda take it to the honda dealership,if its a toyota take it to the dealership, it ll be expensive mayb like 50,000 naira more than ladipo option but the safety and peace of mind is worth it because u will get a guarantee
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2008
if its a honda take it to the honda dealership,if its a toyota take it to the dealership, it ll be expensive mayb like 50,000 naira more than ladipo option but the safety and peace of mind is worth it because u will get a guarantee

if that is possible i will like to take it to the dealership then the bus is toyota hiace 2001 model
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by lucabrasi(m): 1:08am On May 18, 2008
it is but you ll pay more, look for the dealership and they ll do it,they normally bring the complete dashboards with the whole component from the states and fix it while making the necessary adjustments, look for the toyota dealership
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 1:20am On May 18, 2008
bought from japan
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by styrax(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2008
@MCool
Trucks are far easier for our mechanics to convert and the results are usually quite ok.

I have one Leyland Daf 60 tanker which was converted and Im yet to have a problem resulting from the conversion (its been like 4years now)

It should cost you about 80k to get it done. I did mine at Ibadan, somewhere not far from the Old Lagos Ibadan toll gate. The cost will cover everything including a new steering box.

All the best
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2008
styrax (m

Do you know any mechanics that will do good job for me in lagos?
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by styrax(m): 3:30pm On May 18, 2008
@Adebisi

I dont know if my mechanic in lagos can convert. The guys in ibadan are all into conversion; thats what they do and you see them working on trucks from all over the place (lagos, akure, abuja, abeokuta etc) , I still get to see them often because my yard in ibadan is not far from their workshop (Im into haulaging)

I know they can work on your truck for you at your location in lagos, obviously that will attract extra fee.

Personally i patronize who can get the job done regardless of where I can find them.

All the best
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2008
Thanks bros, plz you can give me there contact , my mail na adebisi12000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by styrax(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2008
@Adebisi1

You've got a mail
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 4:25pm On May 18, 2008
i got ya message bro. thanks alot
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Marketiva: 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2008
adebisi1:

Do you know any mechanics that will do good job for me in lagos?

adebisi,

i am also into haulage and i have some trucks that needs conversion

i will appreciate it if you can send me the contact number of the mechanic too,

my e-mail add is

akinleye_olumuyiwa@aplusapproach.com

thank you.
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Leslexx: 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2008
hi guys,

can anyone send me the details of the guys that does conversion both at Lagos and Ibadan to leslexx@yahoo.com?

tks
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by adebisi1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2008
contact me on 08064719927
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by chrisj2000(m): 1:19am On Aug 25, 2009
hi guys, please can anyone advice me on how much a Toyota hiace {van and right hand drive} 2001 model can sell in Nigeria. cheers
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Globaltrux: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2009
I assume your truck is in Lagos already, if so i can recomend the following company
they have been involved with LHD conversion vehicles since 2001

Hamacoloyd Ltd.
Ebute-Metta
Contact Tony Jaiysimi
Tel 08033674771

If your vechicle is still in the UK, you can contact us on +447920516109
We too have been converting trucks to LHD for the nigerian market since 2001

I Hope this helps

Iain
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Akinbaba(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Globaltrux.

Can you convert a hyundai sonata 2001 model,its in the uk and how much will it cost.
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Globaltrux: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
Sorry, don;t do cars, too much hassle, too much cost
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by TheEdge: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Globaltrux, I am looking into buying several trucks in the UK and would definitely want to convert before I ship. When can I call you?
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Globaltrux: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2009
You can contact me from Tuesday 09:30 am onwards +44 (0)7920516109
We can perhaps also meet your needs by supplying RHD trucks from stock or trucks that have already been converter.
Please bear in mind that the price to convert an old truck is the same as a newer model (Sometimes More, depending on price & avaiablity of parts), a price range for this conversion (To the highest standard) ranges between £3,500 - £7,500, (deoending on model and whether or not major components like steering box can be used or if good used boxis available)

I have attached a couble of pictures of vehicles already done, have a look. Feel free to post your comments

Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by chrisj2000(m): 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
pls can you convert ford transit {2002 model} to left hand. i want to buy from UK but i want to be sure of the conversion first before i make the purchase. pls give me your contact number if u can do it. cheers
Re: Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) by Globaltrux: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
Hi There
I am sure we could help you with a transit conversion, you can contact me on 07920516109

if you are serious you will need to supply us with full information of the vehicle as well as a substantial deposit. We will supply you with a customised contract, stating timeframe, stage payments and penalties due by us for late delivery.

Conntact me if you require anything further

globaltrucks@btinternet.com

Best Regards

Iain

(1) (Reply)

22 Car Parts That Are Related To The Human Body / I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.