Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,684 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Criticize This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Criticize This (2184 Views)

[pics]criticize This Work Webmasters And Webusers / Criticize This Site Of Mind For Me Please / Pls, Condemn And Criticize This Website Constructively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticize This by damola1: 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
angry angry
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
come on!
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
Good. Quite responsive. But the logo looks too local. Must u use green white green? Since it's an e-commerce site, get a professionally designed logo. I can do that for u for 5k only.
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Good. Quite responsive. But the logo looks too local. Must u use green white green? Since it's an e-commerce site, get a professionally designed logo. I can do that for u for 5k only.

That logo you see so...no be 5k matter... and yes.. we've been green from Day 1!...

Welcome further comments.

1 Like

Re: Criticize This by damola1: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
no bi look matter, use am, talk as he bi!
Re: Criticize This by william5: 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Quick Review of Paykobo.com - Homepage
Here are my quick observations.

HEADER
1. Logo ain't good enough.
2. The 'Find It's button is rough and blurry. It needs to be sharper.
3. Use only an Icon or text for the Home link in the Navbar. It currently looks rough.

HOMEPAGE CONTENT LAYOUT
1. Not enough space between the bordered container and its contents, making some images touch the borders
2. The Headings for the categories would be better left-aligned instead of being centered as they are now.

FOOTER
1. Spelling error regarding British Airways 'Business Opportunity Gran Winner'. Also the BA logo's background is showing over its container's grey bg.
2. You are only showing 5 banks but are claiming to have accounts in all banks.

1 Like

Re: Criticize This by damola1: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pay me just 5k, let me give you a professional logo.
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
It's better to set the cursor of lists on the nav bar to default or pointer, not text.
Re: Criticize This by william5: 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
The bordered container is where you have 'Phones and Tablets', 'Laptops', etc. As you can see the camera and laptop are almost touching the border.

As for the logo, I suggest you try and play with the letter 'O' in the word 'Kobo', maybe replacing it with a coin??
Re: Criticize This by Napolitano(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
Not bad, pretty impressive. I think you should embrace graphic's plus's option for logo design. You're a developer and not all developers can design
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's better to set the cursor of lists on the nav bar to default or pointer, not text.

Thank, will make that happen.

will.i.am:
The bordered container is where you have 'Phones and Tablets', 'Laptops', etc. As you can see the camera and laptop are almost touching the border.

As for the logo, I suggest you try and play with the letter 'O' in the word 'Kobo', maybe replacing it with a coin??

Got it, will have it fixed for the borderlines, and already playing with 'o' should have something to tender in the coming week.

Napolitano: Not bad, pretty impressive. I think you should embrace graphic's plus's option for logo design. You're a developer and not all developers can design

Thank you for your kind words, however, I welcome tougher criticism.
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 11:55am On Feb 10, 2013
Definitely looking forward to more comments/critics!
Re: Criticize This by Napolitano(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
No more criticism from me
Re: Criticize This by yawatide(f): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2013
1) In a country where a majority use their mobile devices for browse the web, I am curious as to how it will pull up on one, including load time
2) Is your search working? I typed, "hello" and "a" and got results each time
3) Way too many CSS and JS calls. Again, think of your global audience and in general, the fact that as your site gets busy, you will be tasking your server big time
4) Code doesn't validate - a lot of non-matching html elements
5) The number at the top: Yes I know it is a phone number, but how many others know this? It wouldn't hurt to put up a phone icon next to it.
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
It's of no use criticizing websites on Nairalnad becos they don't implement the positive criticisms.
I just visited paykobo.com now, and things are still as they were.

@Yawatide, you really know how to criticize a website.
U went as far as validating the website.
I just validated it now at w3c validator and got 63 errors.
I think before one goes online, he should validate his html and css files.
Re: Criticize This by yawatide(f): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^^ Yep, a critique goes beyond what your client will see. It also involves what they don't see...the very foundational blocks that could lead to, among others, extra server processing time, too many server hits, bloated code, etc.
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's of no use criticizing websites on Nairalnad becos they don't implement the positive criticisms.
I just visited paykobo.com now, and things are still as they were.

@Yawatide, you really know how to criticize a website.
U went as far as validating the website.
I just validated it now at w3c validator and got 63 errors.
I think before one goes online, he should validate his html and css files.

Your comments, are very much well welcomed, however, it's absolutely wrong to say because you've not seen any changes, we've not put into consideration your comments, Please note, we've. not everything you asked will be implemented, and also, it's wrong to generalise.
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
1) In a country where a majority use their mobile devices for browse the web, I am curious as to how it will pull up on one, including load time
2) Is your search working? I typed, "hello" and "a" and got results each time
3) Way too many CSS and JS calls. Again, think of your global audience and in general, the fact that as your site gets busy, you will be tasking your server big time
4) Code doesn't validate - a lot of non-matching html elements
5) The number at the top: Yes I know it is a phone number, but how many others know this? It wouldn't hurt to put up a phone icon next to it.

Thank you for taking time out to review the platform. What we won't see, you will see, and your comments are very much appreciated.
h
1. Mobile experience is definitely different from desktop experience, though our mobile platform is not the best yet, however, it's what it's now.. and its load time is way faster than the desktop. We will focus our attention to building it.

2. We are working on the search. It'll take sometime to make it better, But will be fixed before next week.

3. Maybe that's what has been responsible for the poor loading time. Will begin work on that.

4. Will work on that too.

5. The issue with putting a phone icon there is, we don't want the top section messed up. if 8 out of 10 people will understand its meaning, then it's cool.

We hope to make a statement with the platform, and that is not possible if we do not have the right feedback. Thank you once more.
Re: Criticize This by yawatide(f): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
1) Just looked at the mobile version. Yes it loads super fast and is a different experience but I am sure you could spruce things up by adding at the very least, a background color. Borrow a leaf from the likes of Amazon.

3) But of course, that is why it is loading forever on the desktop. Mind you, I was only focusing on the css and js files. There are also images and html code to consider. Visit the following site and run an analysis on your site, to gain some perspective: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

5) I understand you but what if those 2 "insignificant" people happen to be the ones with millions of naira to spend while the other 8 are just browsing? Hopefully you get what I am trying to say.
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^ Nice reply @ no. 5
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus: It's better to set the cursor of lists on the nav bar to default or pointer, not text.

Done!
Re: Criticize This by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
Been ignoring this thread for a while then I eventually popped in to notice OP has a logo issue which is yet to be fixed.
I outsource my logos for a token and my graphics are usually tastefully done.
Quit using boring logos, take your branding seriously. A boring logo signifies a boring brand. "No logo, no identity".

Re: Criticize This by damola1: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Brand_new: Been ignoring this thread for a while then I eventually popped in to notice OP has a logo issue which is yet to be fixed.
I outsource my logos for a token and my graphics are usually tastefully done.
Quit using boring logos, take your branding seriously. A boring logo signifies a boring brand. "No logo, no identity".

I am not sure everyone sees the logo as an issue. Firstly, it's handled by a professional company , else why do you think 4 options neatly done were placed above?. so, anyone thinking we just came up with something need think twice...Simplicity is usually underrated. However, a logo that people can easily associate, relate with, no stories.. is core at this age.. google, amazon adopted this system... and it's working effectively... I have asked they try the coin one... but still, it's to be simple.
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ok. Understandable. But i hope u know amazon logo is simple but classisc. Did u see how that arrow neatly began at letter a and aligned very well under letter z? I wil use my spare time this weekend and design the logo for ur preview. Should I go ahead?
Re: Criticize This by damola1: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Ok. Understandable. But i hope u know amazon logo is simple but classisc. Did u see how that arrow neatly began at letter a and aligned very well under letter z? I wil use my spare time this weekend and design the logo for ur preview. Should I go ahead?
\

My brother, you are free to give it a shot...

Anybody else got any complain about the logo?.. why?
Re: Criticize This by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
Okay boss! It's your call. grin Already done my own bit for everyone's good.
Re: Criticize This by dtraveler: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
not bad
Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
Check these two out, if you like any, let me know.

Re: Criticize This by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
In action.

Re: Criticize This by ogzille(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
My Oga good evening sir,

Nice website you have. Just a few observations:

1. What is the essence of the x Close button on the drop down menu
2. On the drop down, the white font color on the upper light green portion is not so so visible
3. When I click add to cart on the right of the product description page, my basket still shows empty.
4. On the compare products tab, not sure how this works.
5. On the read more on testimonials, you may decide to list more juicy testimonials too
6. Ask Now takes me to accessories (guess this is just a test stuff right?)
7. I think the major nav elements should be made links leading to the major categories page
8. When i hover on the computer nav, i see different brands such as HP, Dell, etc. When i click on each of the brands, i expect to see PCs under that particular brand and not Ink, headset and the rest. When i hover on peripheral, and click on a brand, then i should be shown those. (#just thinking)
9. The shop by column on the right (http://www.paykobo.com/computing/brands/hp.html) are those just test items? When i click on Laptops, do not get to see laptops.
10. Make i go eat grin

---
[size=2pt]I like GraphicsPlus second logo[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wazobiatvnews.com Is Now On Freebasics / How Do I Sort This With Facebook / Here's A List Of All Blog Niches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.