Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,841 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:59 PM

Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). (718 Views)

How Can I Make My Blog Appear On Top Google Search / Make My Site Url Display "index.php?action=about-us / Help! How Do I Make My Website Have Two Different Languages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). by charliebiz(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2008
How do i make my banner and pictures in my site flashy (shiny).Please reply
Re: Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). by my2cents(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2008
Uhhhm, no offense: Use Flash maybe?
Re: Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). by charliebiz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2008
What i mean is that i want to make it catchy and i am good with corel draw. after designing it and uploading, it doesn't give the required resolution. @ my2cent i have visited your site,and i like the flashy look of your banners.

One other question, Can you please visit this site and tell me what program create a drop down link on the navigation bar. www {dot]seredyn[dot]com
thank you.
Re: Please,how Do I Make My Banner And Pictures In My Site Flashy (shiny). by my2cents(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2008
1) Give me an example of a site of mine so I have a better idea

2) Chances are that they are using dhtml. The best way to figure out what someone is doing on their site is to do some revers engineering - view the source, find out what css/javascript is being used, enter the filename in the address bar to pull up that file, copy it, paste it, run it, modify it to understand it and tinker with it to get the results you need.

I once read in some book that the internet allows for, "benevolent plagiarism" in that, as long as it is out there, you really can't stop someone from copying your code so don't feel bad if you borrow from a place or 2. As long as the code doesn't have some sort of copyright information it, it's fair game. For all you know, they probably copied off of someone else's site as well. Besides, if they don't want anyone copying the code, then they should have obfuscated it (and there are many software programs that do just that). Personally, if it is code I have borrowed from somewhere, I give credit either via the person's copyright information or if none, by verbal reference when talking to someone about it, "nna, if u c dis fine code eh? I get am from Nkem Owoh for aaa.com" cool

Let me know how I can help with respect to #1. I hope these help.

(1) (Reply)

Site Review Pls / Webmaster Needed / Saint Michael Press Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.