Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,358 members, 7,971,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? (18134 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Why Do Nigerians Support Man. Utd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by kokoye(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: ...even though we are the Giant of Africa.

my foot

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by vandarsar(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
If Nigeria have to win a trophy why not do it against a better team? Ghana is toooooo overrated, and it shows in their game vs Burkina Faso.

Nigeria, CIV, Burkina Faso and Cape Verde are the only tactically sound teams in this competition. Ghana is a complete disgrace and so is the Tunisian ref. I wonder if something good can come out of Tunisia!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by 190: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
in sarkodi's voice

you know burkinafaso nor be problem

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by barikay: 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
I want them to loss because they hv d gut to come on here to post derogatory comments about Nigeria.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by sharubutu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a
greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.

wat's that? You're a perfect description of an I.B.E.C.I.L.E. In fact, you're foolishly F.O.O.L.I.S.H.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by aieromon(m): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2013
I started rooting for the Mukinababes after the besterd referee gave the Ghanians the penalty. The support increased with each attempt of the referee to frustrate the Stallions.

Besides,the Stallions played better,probably as a result of being used to the field.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by brixton: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
Didn't want d charcoal people to even think for a second dat we are on same level at all... I hate them mor dan dey can Eva hate Nigeria... Lousy bragaddos
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ocelot2006(m): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
Well I my case, I was sick and tired of hearing those fucktards run their mouths or reading their trash talks and tweets. They had it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by touchmeder: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
seriousspy: Because Ghana must go tongue

lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by adconline(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
Syenite: @ ihedioramma, Wrong! We beat them 3-0 in 2001 and 1-0 in AFCON 2006. I supported Burkina Faso cos i dnt want them (Ghana) to rub shoulders anywhere near us. Let them play a loser's final while we play for the title. I dnt care if Burkina beats us or not. Better to lose to Burkina than to lose to those loud and foul mouthed Ghanaians.

You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by onitshaigbo(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
kokoye:

my foot

Yes, Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, by population, AND by potential.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by brixton: 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.

Lol, u re big joke... Beta to kip shut if u don't knw African football history

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by onitshaigbo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
sharubutu:

wat's that? You're a perfect description of an I.B.E.C.I.L.E. In fact, you're foolishly F.O.O.L.I.S.H.

Why? Give me a reason.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by chreldb(m): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

Nigeria lost to Cameroun in 2000 and not Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by onitshaigbo(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
nellaluv:

You mean the Armpit of Africa or yes maybe the pu $ $ y of Africa where everyone else fvcks with her and gets away with it. Smh at giant lipsrsealed

Nigeria has the brightest future of all African countries. Nigerians are the most entrepreneurial and intellectual of all Africans. Who in Africa dares to fvck with us? Also, at least Nigerians are not dying from AIDS in large numbers like the countries in southern and eastern Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Ninapha(f): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
homesteady: actually!! I heard dat 1 magician said Ghana and Nigeria will meet in the final.....and Ghana will win us 3-1.......so as they say "Prevention is better than cure".......so dats why i supported Burkina faso....so dat dey'll help us prevent Ghana......
thats why he is a magician. Makebelief is not a fact. I wished we play them but the referee's 'patia' made me suppot B/F. Qed.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by RedLight1: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Syenite: @ ihedioramma, Wrong! We beat them 3-0 in 2001 and 1-0 in AFCON 2006. I supported Burkina Faso cos i dnt want them (Ghana) to rub shoulders anywhere near us. Let them play a loser's final while we play for the title. I dnt care if Burkina beats us or not. Better to lose to Burkina than to lose to those loud and foul mouthed Ghanaians.
gbammm
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by andyanders: 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2013

Good answer here. Let Ghana not rub shoulders with us because they became too pompous and was already looking ahead of the match they had with Burkina Faso. Burkina Faso was even 200% better than them. Ghana had already written Nigeria off because they had behind their back that Burkina Faso wasn't gonna stand them and that the victory was theirs.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Iyineda(m): 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Honestly, at the start of the match between Ghana and BUF I wanted the former to win because Naija vs Ghana is a "sexier" final on paper; 2 west African rivals.
However, after like half an hour into the semis, BUF was clearly the better team and the Black Stars have failed to really shine throughout the tournament (bar the Niger match).
So in the end I was happy that BUF won, especially since the ref's officiating was clearly oriented against them/in favour of Ghana.

I have no problem with Ghana as a nation. We have a lot to learn from them as a country and I'm sure there are one or two things they could learn from us as well. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Shankboye(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.
. Amen but don't curse again
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by adamscuti(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

nigeria lost to cameroon in the penalty shoot out in lagos in 2000, u know notting so pls shut up! We maintain a 12year unbeaten run against them till 2008,when they started having the upper hand against us, the stats is even 3wins and 3 draws for both side, simple!
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Adexchelsea19(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.[/quote]u no even sabi ball sef...smh
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by adamscuti(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
Adexchelsea19:

You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.u no even sabi ball sef...smh
go google it! How old are It was against cameroon in the final, the last time ghana won the nations cup was in the 80s, haven't u been hearing when they say it's 37yrs since the ghana team won the afcon last?
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by MEKKYbob(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
ihedioramma: FOR LIKE 14 YRS NOW I DONT THINK NIG HAS WIN THEM THEY ARE PROBLEM TO US AND WE DONT WANT TO LOOK FOR ANY THING IN THAT CUP THAT IS WHY AND NOW WERE IS GHANA ? tongue grin cool
is that english?? undecided
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by maasoap(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
Because they were the better side.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by temitope23(m): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2013

Can't forget that in 2001 that even their keeper was given a red card and the captain had to keep cos they've substituted 3 players already.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by temitope23(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
adamscuti: go google it! How old are It was against cameroon in the final, the last time ghana won the nations cup was in the 80s, haven't u been hearing when they say it's 37yrs since the ghana team won the afcon last?

It was a world cup qualifier for korea japan 2002 and not afcon
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Nasige(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
It wasn't that nigerians actually wanted to support burkina faso,it waz wen d game was on that nigeria got angry at d officiating and D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ started supporting burkinafaso.As God will ave d won d game.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ddestiny20(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
I supported bukina faso because referee robbed them and gave away a fluke penalty but God does not sleep, so dt was why I supported Bf
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by adconline(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
chreld_b:

Nigeria lost to Cameroun in 2000 and not Ghana.
Yes, you are right about Cameroun.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by adconline(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
brixton:

Lol, u re big joke... Beta to kip shut if u don't knw African football history
In 2000, Naija lost to Cameroun.. My mistake, but AFCON comes every 2years and falls on even number.. 2000, 2002 until CAF changed it, so there was no AFCON in 2001.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by solomon111(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
nellaluv:

You mean the Armpit of Africa or yes maybe the pu $ $ y of Africa where everyone else fvcks with her and gets away with it. Smh at giant lipsrsealed
Actually Africa is shaped like a gun,and Nigeria is at the trigger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium Hosts Soccer Stars Project Screening In Anambra State Today / Uruguay Vs Saudi Arabia: World Cup, (1 - 0) On 20th June 2018 / We Love Playing At Old Trafford: Brighton 'taunt' United After 3-1 Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.