Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,433 members, 7,964,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:06 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (463654 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 7:22pm On May 27, 2009
rodolpho:

Gentlemen of the nairaland,

I need help and fast too. i just got a response from the almighty Canadian embassy. My student permit application was rejected. the reason given was that 'they are not convinced i am a bonafide student and they are not convinced i will return back to nigeria upon completion of my studies. now in my application i submitted a letter from my employer showing i have been given a study leave to show i will return. i also showed proof of admission by Mcgill university to the ll.m programme.

my questions are- what more could i have done to show i will return to nigeria and that i am a bonafide student? can i reapply for the student permit now or is it better to appeal the decision?. taken into consideration the fact that i deferred my admission last year, can i defer my programme again for another year. what more could i have done to impove my chances of getting a student permit?

wise men of the nairaland i need your advice urgently, please help.

sorry to hear that too, that is their usual anthem 'not a bonafide student' nobody is ever a bonafide student -except themselves. but if i may ask did you send your original transcripts to them, are you a member of any professional or student association, does your school require toefl etc.these are some docs that may help buttress your 'bonafidablity'.
if can also remember, you were the one that had issue with changing jobs, do you have any idea on whether they contacted your former workplace, cos in most cases a leave of absence letter is good enough to confirm ties in the case of a study permit.
As for the deferment just as AY mentioned is usually only for a year -but talk to your school and tell them you have pending issues with the embassy, I ve seen my friends deferment extended 2ce due to visa issues.
it is good you can reapply again but i will not want you to rush into it , if you feel it will take some time to thoroughly repackage your application , then its worth it instead of hastily submitting another one and risk suspension, do you work? you will do well to save more money which will significantly boost your proof of funding as well. trust me, there is no need to rush or panic, you will surely be better off if you take time. wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by hamzatafee: 9:30pm On May 27, 2009
toni o.:

Nope, the study permit is different from the work permit.
The CDHC only issues you a study permit. When you arrive canada as a student, you have to spend six months before you are eligible for a work permit in other words, you cannot engage in any work (except on campus employment). but afterwards, once you get the work permit, you can work (anywhere) as you study.i hope its clear

Thanks so much,
Re: Travelling To Canada by rodolpho: 7:08am On May 28, 2009
Toni O.

Thanks for your post. i really appreciate it. Yes, i actually had an an offer to change job, which offer is still open, but i didnt take the offer neither did i informed my employer so that wasnt a factor in the Embassy's decision. the offer is still open till june 15 now and i may have to take it if i dont make any headway in my application for student permit. i d rather do my ll.m though as i have let that lingered for so many years.

I didnt do Toefl or any such examination. The only professional exam I have done to date apart from french language course is the arbitration exam. well i dont know if i can defer again. i actually tot one can defer only once but i must confess i dont know the basis of my belief. but i will contact the school to confirm. any response they give me will determine my next line of action. i hope to have a response by tuesday. but as at now i am leaning towards resennding the application.

gentlemen i thank you all for taking time out to read my mail and offering your advice. you are all appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 8:28pm On May 29, 2009
aydracula:

[trust me, there is no need to rush or panic, you will surely be better off if you take time. wish you the best

@Toni. O, I completely agree with you on taking his time in recrafting a better visa application. He should contact his school on the deferal issue. If the school agree to defer for a year, he should take it and he can plan ahead now. But assuming the school will not defer for him, then I suggest he should reapply now. The reason is that if he reapply for admission, then he will be in the admission pool and may likely get his admission letter next year April depending on how fast his university is. Thereafter, he will also be in the Visa pool and you know that visa applications is always much between May and August. So it is still the same thing. Or what do you think?

Though his best bet is this deferal so that he can apply as early as next year January.

well i believe the next line of action should be based on the schools response to the deferment, if he gets a deferral for winter(jan), then it will still be in order but if the school doesn't accept, then he can always re apply again as long as he is confident that he has more and cogent documentation as to regards his academic history and economic ties
Re: Travelling To Canada by yusufadebayo02(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2009
Yahoo! Mail

Updates occur every 1440 minutes.

* Yahoo!
* My Yahoo!
* Mail
* More Yahoo! Services

Make Y! My HomepageGet Yahoo! Toolbar
Account Options
Hi, YusufSign OutAll-New MailHelp
Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! Searchweb search

* Mail
* Contacts
* Calendar
* Notepad

* What's New?
* Mobile Mail
Options Options

Search Mail

1 Trick to

White Teeth

Folders
o Inbox (122)
o Drafts (11)
o Sent
o Spam (19)[Empty all the messages from the Spam folder]
o Trash[Empty all the messages from the Trash folder]
Chat & Mobile Text
[Close]

To chat or send a mobile text message, you need to get the latest version of Flash.

Install Adobe Flash Player 9

My Folders
[Add a new folder - Edit folders]
1. adeoty
2. e-gold
Search Shortcuts
o My Photos
o My Attachments

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
Mark as Unread | Print
Flag this message
visa
Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:02 PM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"bayo yussuf" <bayour234@yahoo.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
yusufadebayo02@yahoo.com
Student visa interview tips and sample questions

Q: Did you receive any scholarships?

A: Yes.

Q: Why do you think the university is giving scholarship to you?

A: Because of my academic performance.

Q: Do you have any relatives in USA?

A: No.

Q: Who is sponsoring you?

A: My parents

Q: What does your father do?

A: He’s a custom officer and Shipping/Clearing agent.

Q: What is your father's annual income?

A: 6 million naira

Q: What is you mother’s annual income?

A: 16.05 million naira

Q: How many brothers and sisters do you have?

A: A brother

Q: Could you please show me the passbook or bank statements?

A: Here they are…

Q: Where did your brother/parents complete their studies?

A: He is currently in the secondary school which I graduated from…JS2, to be specific

Q: How will you finance your education funds for 4 years?

A: Through aids from my parents.

Q: What area do you want to make your specialization?

A: Aero/Material Science Engineering.

Q: How many universities did you apply for?

A: 3

Q: Which Universities (both admits and rejects) did you apply to?

Q: Which universities accepted you?

A: UMich waitlisted me, IIT admitted me, RIT admitted me

Q: Please specify which out of the mentioned institution, you will be attending?

A: IIT: Illinois Institute Of Technology

Q: What are you courses of study?

A: Aerospace / Material Science Engineering

Q: Why do you want to go dual major?

A: As my adviser and course registrar, Professor John Kallend, made me to know, there are several complex problems in the field of Aerospace technology, which demands for multi-disciplinary approach in addressing them, most especially the material limitation. It is against the backdrop that I have decided to undergo a dual major in Aerospace & Material Science Engineering.

Q: Why did you choose the specific university for your course of study?

A: The choice of IIT is an intentional option. The level at which the institution operates awes me a lot compared with the institutions in my country. Without an iota of bias, no public or private institution in my dear country can compete with the institution in any area at all. The staff strength present in the institution is something to be proud of, with all tutors being professors. I love the excellent professor-student ratio. It actually meets every standard I have ever seen. The avalanche of technical facilities in the citadel is another source of wonder to my African senses. The laboratories and libraries are well-stocked with up to date books, journals, documentaries and all others. The facilities at the MMAE department are sources of inspiration for me, with those facilities such as the 8 wind tunnels, the institution’s IPRO (inter-professional) project, which is a semester-long team experience through which students address open-ended topic or business problem proposed by project sponsors such as corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and entrepreneurial ventures and eventually focuses to give students the opportunity to develop problem-solving skills that go well beyond the traditional classroom setting. Such projects will definitely enhance me in propelling to my desired career. The commitment and efficiency of the workforce are also worth mentioning. The cohesion in the work force is unprecedented. All hands are actually on deck to ensure the growth of the institution. Institution policy and rules are implemented to the last letter. This is really exemplary and commendable. The accomplishments of the institution’s staff and students are also impressive. Many prestigious awards and honors have been won by both the staffs and alumni of the school. In short the institution is a haven for people with dreams. No sane individual will hesitate to be a member of the community considering these achievements.

Q: How did you find out about the institution?

A: I found out through the Peterson school brochure that was distributed to the SS3 students of my secondary school, in the year 2005, when the United States Education Officers came to enlighten us about studying in the United States. I also surfed through the web to find out more information after then…

Q: Why are you leaving your country to study in USA?

A: Because we do not have professional hands in the field of Aerospace here in my home country, not to talk about the young field of Material Science engineering that has very little amount of expertise in it. I also do not want the issue of having to spend 7 years in the university, instead of spending 4 years, and if I decide to enroll in a private university, my course of study is of no availability in their course brochure, But to talk about a great Country doing well in both of fields and also the fact that there is no university in Nigeia offering such program with all full facilities needed, unlike IIT, with 8 wind tunnels for the Aerospace study, hardly can 50 technical schools in the world, make up to the standard of 8 wind tunnels. I could also talk about the research experience I will be opportune to take part in, that is one of the best components of the MMAE curriculum at IIT. This gives a great insight to whatever I may be doing in the work force. Also students take design courses, and work on projects for the entire semester in front of the engineering department. This could be seen in the class of 2008, whereby they designed blended wing body aircraft where they must have learned and gained a lot. Also, Material science engineering is a course whereby you will need to work a lot in the lab, right lots of lab reports and stuffs, but here in Nigeria, we do not have such terrific labs or any lab for material science engineering.

Q: Can you tell me some details about your university?

A: Well, the university is located in west Chicago, near the Michigan Lake, a very urban place to be in. It’s a small school whereby students derive satisfaction from the very small classes where by, you do not need any megaphone to communicate with the professors in class, one more thing, all the tutors are professors at IIT.

Q: What do you understand regarding your course of major?

A: well, there is a lot to say about my course of study, the big thing right now is developing sustainable technology, not wasting energy and that sort of thing, and especially Material Science Engineers are instrumental in developing practical solutions, especially in developing countries such as mine, where resources are scarce, with Material Science Engineering, I could also lead to the discovery of new elements that can lead to the cure of many chronic diseases, exploration of new mineral resource that can make our generation think faster than we are meant to in the next century or the great employability in nearly every technical industry as the field is a very young field. To talk about aerospace most of what is holding aero-technology down is material limitation and that is why I want to go dual major with aero/materials. Aerospace help bring the world together, both in terms of airplanes that allow people to reach anywhere on the globe in a matter of hours and ace missions that give humanity direction and something to strive for. Also, space-related technologies will enable a lot of great technologies like space-based solar energy collection, mining the moon and asteroids for resources, mixing new medicines in the weightless environment, etc. On a practical level as well, Aerospace engineers are going to be key in deflecting the asteroid Apophis if it ends up on a collision course with Earth in the 2020s.

Q: What are the prospects after your studies when you return back home?

A: well…, to mention a few, I could work in the University to Lecture as there are not enough professional hands in the field in my country, the automobile assembling industry, the construction companies to assess wind shearing and such on bridges and large buildings, could work in one of the oil and steel companies, here in my country and since fluid dynamics is included in my study, I could go the sustainability route and working on things like water filtration, air delivery and thinks like that since my country is of the low economic region.

Q: Can you mention the names of some professors?

A: Professor John Kallend the associate chairman of undergraduate studies, Professor Jamal Yagoobi head of the MMAE department.

Q: Have you ever been to the US?

A: No

Q: How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?

A: well….I would have to come back home to do my NYSC service in Nigeria, because without the possession of the certificate, I can neither be opportune to get any job nor hold any position in my country, besides I’m greatly interested in lecturing in the Nigerian Universities after my graduation.

Q: Could you please show me your GRE/TOEFL scorecard?

A: Yes, 91/120. Writing: 28 Speaking: 18 Listening: 25 Reading: 20

Q: What are your plans after graduation?

A: …well, I plan to come and start up a firm here in Nigeria, which will provide some consultant services for my possible clients, especially the government. I also hope to use my professional call to complement the services being rendered by the expatriates to develop Nigeria’s growing satellite project.

Q: Do you know anyone (in USA) or in your University?

A: No, except the ones I chat with on the admitted students forum.

Q: What will you do if your visa is rejected?

A: I will feel unhappy for being denied the opportunity to fulfill my desired academic career.

Q: Will you come back home during summers?

A: Yes, to see my family and my young one.

Q: Why do you think this course of study will be of benefit to you?

A: Because it would aid me in contributing my quota to the technological world, and because I know I am naturally talented in creativity, the courses of study will definitely suite my flare.

Q: Why do you want to go into your intended major?

A: In order to achieve my childhood dream of study and help contribute my quota in the technological world and bridge the divide of Aerospace technology between my developing country and developed countries such as yours.

Q: When this course is finished do you plan to undertake another course in the US. Please give details?

A: I don’t know yet at the moment because I have neither yet obtained my first degree nor served my country through the NYSC.

Q: What steps have you taken to ensure that you will be able to perform well in the field you want to go into?

A: I have been taking A-lvels classes, and I also took the exam in June, which is to prepare ahead of the task I’m going to face at IIT, I have also taken the CCNA exam, to prepare me ahead of the task of computing, as nearly everything in the U.S. deals with computing.

-Lastly you should have something that ties you to Nigeria; you should have something that tells them you want to come back home, be it your strong family ties, or family business that you plan to use your degree for. Just have something that will let your interviewer know that you are coming back home after you graduate.

Dress conservatively

So whatever you do, never look AWAY FROM YOUR INTERVIEWER. NEVER FIDGET AND ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Just know that the interviewer expects you to be nervous, so it’s normal. Feel free to be nervous but BE CONFIDENT.

Best of Luck!

ASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-coolBaltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-coolUnicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)
| Full Headers

Search Mail

Copyright © 1994-2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 1:28am On Jun 01, 2009
nice one yusuff!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
Finally submitted my docs to CDHC on thurs, 28 may 2009.
I pray the waiting game dosent take too long

@yusufadebayo, nice of u 2 have taken time to share the mail with US
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
yusufadebayo02:

Yahoo! Mail

Updates occur every 1440 minutes.

* Yahoo!
* My Yahoo!
* Mail
* More Yahoo! Services

Make Y! My HomepageGet Yahoo! Toolbar
Account Options
Hi, YusufSign OutAll-New MailHelp
Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! Searchweb search

* Mail
* Contacts
* Calendar
* Notepad

* What's New?
* Mobile Mail
Options Options

Search Mail

1 Trick to

White Teeth

Folders
o Inbox (122)
o Drafts (11)
o Sent
o Spam (19)[Empty all the messages from the Spam folder]
o Trash[Empty all the messages from the Trash folder]
Chat & Mobile Text
[Close]

To chat or send a mobile text message, you need to get the latest version of Flash.

Install Adobe Flash Player 9

My Folders
[Add a new folder - Edit folders]
1. adeoty
2. e-gold
Search Shortcuts
o My Photos
o My Attachments

Mark as Unread | Print
Flag this message
visa
Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:02 PM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"bayo yussuf" <bayour234@yahoo.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
yusufadebayo02@yahoo.com
Student visa interview tips and sample questions

Q: Did you receive any scholarships?

A: Yes.

Q: Why do you think the university is giving scholarship to you?

A: Because of my academic performance.

Q: Do you have any relatives in USA?

A: No.

Q: Who is sponsoring you?

A: My parents

Q: What does your father do?

A: He’s a custom officer and Shipping/Clearing agent.

Q: What is your father's annual income?

A: 6 million naira

Q: What is you mother’s annual income?

A: 16.05 million naira

Q: How many brothers and sisters do you have?

A: A brother

Q: Could you please show me the passbook or bank statements?

A: Here they are…

Q: Where did your brother/parents complete their studies?

A: He is currently in the secondary school which I graduated from…JS2, to be specific

Q: How will you finance your education funds for 4 years?

A: Through aids from my parents.

Q: What area do you want to make your specialization?

A: Aero/Material Science Engineering.

Q: How many universities did you apply for?

Q: Which Universities (both admits and rejects) did you apply to?

Q: Which universities accepted you?

A: UMich waitlisted me, IIT admitted me, RIT admitted me

Q: Please specify which out of the mentioned institution, you will be attending?

A: IIT: Illinois Institute Of Technology

Q: What are you courses of study?

A: Aerospace / Material Science Engineering

Q: Why do you want to go dual major?

A: As my adviser and course registrar, Professor John Kallend, made me to know, there are several complex problems in the field of Aerospace technology, which demands for multi-disciplinary approach in addressing them, most especially the material limitation. It is against the backdrop that I have decided to undergo a dual major in Aerospace & Material Science Engineering.

Q: Why did you choose the specific university for your course of study?

A: The choice of IIT is an intentional option. The level at which the institution operates awes me a lot compared with the institutions in my country. Without an iota of bias, no public or private institution in my dear country can compete with the institution in any area at all. The staff strength present in the institution is something to be proud of, with all tutors being professors. I love the excellent professor-student ratio. It actually meets every standard I have ever seen. The avalanche of technical facilities in the citadel is another source of wonder to my African senses. The laboratories and libraries are well-stocked with up to date books, journals, documentaries and all others. The facilities at the MMAE department are sources of inspiration for me, with those facilities such as the 8 wind tunnels, the institution’s IPRO (inter-professional) project, which is a semester-long team experience through which students address open-ended topic or business problem proposed by project sponsors such as corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and entrepreneurial ventures and eventually focuses to give students the opportunity to develop problem-solving skills that go well beyond the traditional classroom setting. Such projects will definitely enhance me in propelling to my desired career. The commitment and efficiency of the workforce are also worth mentioning. The cohesion in the work force is unprecedented. All hands are actually on deck to ensure the growth of the institution. Institution policy and rules are implemented to the last letter. This is really exemplary and commendable. The accomplishments of the institution’s staff and students are also impressive. Many prestigious awards and honors have been won by both the staffs and alumni of the school. In short the institution is a haven for people with dreams. No sane individual will hesitate to be a member of the community considering these achievements.

Q: How did you find out about the institution?

A: I found out through the Peterson school brochure that was distributed to the SS3 students of my secondary school, in the year 2005, when the United States Education Officers came to enlighten us about studying in the United States. I also surfed through the web to find out more information after then…

Q: Why are you leaving your country to study in USA?

A: Because we do not have professional hands in the field of Aerospace here in my home country, not to talk about the young field of Material Science engineering that has very little amount of expertise in it. I also do not want the issue of having to spend 7 years in the university, instead of spending 4 years, and if I decide to enroll in a private university, my course of study is of no availability in their course brochure, But to talk about a great Country doing well in both of fields and also the fact that there is no university in Nigeia offering such program with all full facilities needed, unlike IIT, with 8 wind tunnels for the Aerospace study, hardly can 50 technical schools in the world, make up to the standard of 8 wind tunnels. I could also talk about the research experience I will be opportune to take part in, that is one of the best components of the MMAE curriculum at IIT. This gives a great insight to whatever I may be doing in the work force. Also students take design courses, and work on projects for the entire semester in front of the engineering department. This could be seen in the class of 2008, whereby they designed blended wing body aircraft where they must have learned and gained a lot. Also, Material science engineering is a course whereby you will need to work a lot in the lab, right lots of lab reports and stuffs, but here in Nigeria, we do not have such terrific labs or any lab for material science engineering.

Q: Can you tell me some details about your university?

A: Well, the university is located in west Chicago, near the Michigan Lake, a very urban place to be in. It’s a small school whereby students derive satisfaction from the very small classes where by, you do not need any megaphone to communicate with the professors in class, one more thing, all the tutors are professors at IIT.

Q: What do you understand regarding your course of major?

A: well, there is a lot to say about my course of study, the big thing right now is developing sustainable technology, not wasting energy and that sort of thing, and especially Material Science Engineers are instrumental in developing practical solutions, especially in developing countries such as mine, where resources are scarce, with Material Science Engineering, I could also lead to the discovery of new elements that can lead to the cure of many chronic diseases, exploration of new mineral resource that can make our generation think faster than we are meant to in the next century or the great employability in nearly every technical industry as the field is a very young field. To talk about aerospace most of what is holding aero-technology down is material limitation and that is why I want to go dual major with aero/materials. Aerospace help bring the world together, both in terms of airplanes that allow people to reach anywhere on the globe in a matter of hours and ace missions that give humanity direction and something to strive for. Also, space-related technologies will enable a lot of great technologies like space-based solar energy collection, mining the moon and asteroids for resources, mixing new medicines in the weightless environment, etc. On a practical level as well, Aerospace engineers are going to be key in deflecting the asteroid Apophis if it ends up on a collision course with Earth in the 2020s.

Q: What are the prospects after your studies when you return back home?

A: well…, to mention a few, I could work in the University to Lecture as there are not enough professional hands in the field in my country, the automobile assembling industry, the construction companies to assess wind shearing and such on bridges and large buildings, could work in one of the oil and steel companies, here in my country and since fluid dynamics is included in my study, I could go the sustainability route and working on things like water filtration, air delivery and thinks like that since my country is of the low economic region.

Q: Can you mention the names of some professors?

A: Professor John Kallend the associate chairman of undergraduate studies, Professor Jamal Yagoobi head of the MMAE department.

Q: Have you ever been to the US?

A: No

Q: How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?

A: well….I would have to come back home to do my NYSC service in Nigeria, because without the possession of the certificate, I can neither be opportune to get any job nor hold any position in my country, besides I’m greatly interested in lecturing in the Nigerian Universities after my graduation.

Q: Could you please show me your GRE/TOEFL scorecard?

A: Yes, 91/120. Writing: 28 Speaking: 18 Listening: 25 Reading: 20

Q: What are your plans after graduation?

A: …well, I plan to come and start up a firm here in Nigeria, which will provide some consultant services for my possible clients, especially the government. I also hope to use my professional call to complement the services being rendered by the expatriates to develop Nigeria’s growing satellite project.

Q: Do you know anyone (in USA) or in your University?

A: No, except the ones I chat with on the admitted students forum.

Q: What will you do if your visa is rejected?

A: I will feel unhappy for being denied the opportunity to fulfill my desired academic career.

Q: Will you come back home during summers?

A: Yes, to see my family and my young one.

Q: Why do you think this course of study will be of benefit to you?

A: Because it would aid me in contributing my quota to the technological world, and because I know I am naturally talented in creativity, the courses of study will definitely suite my flare.

Q: Why do you want to go into your intended major?

A: In order to achieve my childhood dream of study and help contribute my quota in the technological world and bridge the divide of Aerospace technology between my developing country and developed countries such as yours.

Q: When this course is finished do you plan to undertake another course in the US. Please give details?

A: I don’t know yet at the moment because I have neither yet obtained my first degree nor served my country through the NYSC.

Q: What steps have you taken to ensure that you will be able to perform well in the field you want to go into?

A: I have been taking A-lvels classes, and I also took the exam in June, which is to prepare ahead of the task I’m going to face at IIT, I have also taken the CCNA exam, to prepare me ahead of the task of computing, as nearly everything in the U.S. deals with computing.

-Lastly you should have something that ties you to Nigeria; you should have something that tells them you want to come back home, be it your strong family ties, or family business that you plan to use your degree for. Just have something that will let your interviewer know that you are coming back home after you graduate.

Dress conservatively

So whatever you do, never look AWAY FROM YOUR INTERVIEWER. NEVER FIDGET AND ALWAYS HAVE A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Just know that the interviewer expects you to be nervous, so it’s normal. Feel free to be nervous but BE CONFIDENT.

Best of Luck!

ASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-coolBaltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-coolUnicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)
| Full Headers

Search Mail

Copyright © 1994-2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

Damn!!! Thanks for the Info!!! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
rodolpho:

Gentlemen of the nairaland,

I need help and fast too. i just got a response from the almighty Canadian embassy. My student permit application was rejected. the reason given was that 'they are not convinced i am a bonafide student and they are not convinced i will return back to nigeria upon completion of my studies. now in my application i submitted a letter from my employer showing i have been given a study leave to show i will return. i also showed proof of admission by Mcgill university to the ll.m programme.

my questions are- what more could i have done to show i will return to nigeria and that i am a bonafide student? can i reapply for the student permit now or is it better to appeal the decision?. taken into consideration the fact that i deferred my admission last year, can i defer my programme again for another year. what more could i have done to impove my chances of getting a student permit?

wise men of the nairaland i need your advice urgently, please help.

If you think you have been rejected unjustifiably, you could file for review of the file.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2009
Everyone's been pretty silent,

Wats goin on?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2009
ok, let me talk. i have sent my application to the embassy last week monday in order to meet up with the 3months deadline cos my college will resume on 7th sept but my docs was not fully completed because my uncle how was suppose to give me his financial documentation of his business like the invoice receipts and update statement of account was out of town. so i had to send the rest of the docs and the statement ending 24th of march to the embassy. now he is around and he has given me the update statement of account and all other financial documentation of his business.
My question is, can i send them to the embassy now to update the docs i sent last week. pls i need you advise now. wat do u think i should do.
i need you r urgent response everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2009
globalpaul:

ok, let me talk. i have sent my application to the embassy last week monday in order to meet up with the 3months deadline cos my college will resume on 7th sept but my docs was not fully completed because my uncle how was suppose to give me his financial documentation of his business like the invoice receipts and update statement of account was out of town. so i had to send the rest of the docs and the statement ending 24th of march to the embassy. now he is around and he has given me the update statement of account and all other financial documentation of his business.
My question is, can i send them to the embassy now to update the docs i sent last week. pls i need you advise now. wat do u think i should do.
i need you r urgent response everyone
Gud 2 hear from some1,i was wonderin if every1 was suddenly too busy 2 nairaland.
U shouldnt be askin dat Q o, start runnin 2 CDHC to submit the updated account statement or else u'll be givin dem a reason to do wat they know how to do best ( u know now), DONT GIVE DOSE GUYS CHANCES
Re: Travelling To Canada by goldenval(m): 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2009
i needed so help urgently because am helpless and confuse, please who will assist me with the statement of account?, will it possible or??>, advice, my visiting invitation letter is here with me and still here but have seek for help here but to no avail, cry cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2009
@ fidelo, should i post it or go give them at the canadian embassy myself
Re: Travelling To Canada by sowa: 7:27am On Jun 10, 2009
Hello House,

Pls can anyone enlighten us on how you can file for appeal in case of rejection
Re: Travelling To Canada by hamzatafee: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
CDHC do not appeal, You can only rearrange your documents and reapply, GoodLuck !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by meetyommy: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2009
How can you make an international application and say you want to go with a document that is not even acceptable at any of your own country's University
Re: Travelling To Canada by sowa: 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2009
Hello meetyommy,

Could you please be more explicit in your statetment to make some of us understand the exact point you are driving at

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 5:21am On Jun 13, 2009
globalpaul:

globalpaul:

Better you submit it to the CDHC yourself, if you used a courier service to send the initial documents,make sure you include the tracking number with your submission. good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2009
thanks to toni and fidelo, i will get it to the embassy myself this coming week by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2009
globalpaul:

thanks to toni and fidelo, i will get it to the embassy myself this coming week by God's grace

@globalpaul, u nid 2 act fast. Better submit the updated stystement ASAP so they dont use the outdated statement against u .

@ all, anybody heard anytin from CDHC yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Laruze: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2009
CDHC just refused me. reasons, i dont hav enuf funds, i wont return 2 naija n nt a bonafide student. embarassed even wit about N3.5million and other readily available funds. and a leave letter 4m my employer. honestly i dont knw wat dey want again angry
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 1:29am On Jun 15, 2009
Laruze:

CDHC just refused me. reasons, i dont hav enuf funds, i wont return 2 naija n nt a bonafide student. embarassed even wit about N3.5million and other readily available funds. and a leave letter 4m my employer. honestly i dont knw wat dey want again angry

did u put landed properties / tie to nconvince dem of ur return?
was all the amount together totalled 3.5?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Laruze: 6:21am On Jun 15, 2009
teachme:

did u put landed properties / tie to nconvince dem of ur return?
was all the amount together totalled 3.5?

I included my popsy`s landed properties that worth abt 10milion,with total fund available almost 20million. i told dem i hav 2 come back to monitor his poultry biz, since he`s getting old and i am the only son. And also included study leave letter 4m my employer,my CSCS acct statement and my personal bank statement though with less than 300k in it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sowa: 7:35am On Jun 15, 2009
Hello Laruze,

I want to assume you must have applied to one of the school racist schools in Canada.e.g Mcgill university. This is because i see no reason why embassy why CHDC should say you are not a bonafide student having been given admission letter and letter of acceptance

Moreso, part of the mistake you this-You shouldnt have left N300,000 in your own personal bank account. You dad could have transferrred some funds say N5m out of his account to you bank account for window dressing, at least to convince embassy

You claimed that you intend to come back to manage you dad`s business. Is your proposed course of study directly related to your father`s business?

All these and many more ought to be been looked into before applying
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ all, i think wat we just need from the hand of this so called Almighty CDHC is prayers with our applications with them,listening to the case of LARUZE. i dont know wat they want from him again, all those who that av applied, dont be fret cos of this, OUR GOD is still on the throne and he's gonna change the king's command to favour us and we shall all open our 32 diamonds to praise him .
To those that av been denied, this is just a challenge of faith, never get tired, move on and God will surely surprise u
, We shall get there
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
globalpaul:

@ all, i think wat we just need from the hand of this so called Almighty CDHC is prayers with our applications with them,listening to the case of LARUZE. i dont know wat they want from him again, all those who that av applied, dont be fret cos of this, OUR GOD is still on the throne and he's gonna change the king's command to favour us and we shall all open our 32 diamonds to praise him .
To those that av been denied, this is just a challenge of faith, never get tired, move on and God will surely surprise u
, We shall get there
Amen
Laruze:

I'm beginin to assume wat CDHC means by not a bonafide student is dat u jus want to use a student visa as an avenue to run away frm 9ja. apart from dat I see no reason while someone with an authentic addmission letter wouuld be labelled as not being bonafide.
Like someone mentioned
1. is wat u're goin 2 study related to ur popsy's poultry bizness
2. How much is the amt 4 ur course(tiution + other expenses) and how mny other dependents does ur dad have. Dependin on wat these are 3.5m may not have been enuf 4 dem
And its a pity decisios cant be appealed.
Anyway gud luck in ur further endevours.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
sowa:

Hello Laruze,

I want to assume you must have applied to one of the school racist schools in Canada.e.g Mcgill university. This is because i see no reason why embassy why CHDC should say you are not a bonafide student having been given admission letter and letter of acceptance

Moreso, part of the mistake you this-You shouldnt have left N300,000 in your own personal bank account. You dad could have transferrred some funds say N5m out of his account to you bank account for window dressing, at least to convince embassy

You claimed that you intend to come back to manage you dad`s business. Is your proposed course of study directly related to your father`s business?

All these and many more ought to be been looked into before applying
Ha Sowa. Wat beef do u hv wit mcgill. great school if u ask me. Check several rankings and u'll discover its one of the best in canada
Also, transferring funds to his accont for 'window dressing'( funny term,wer did u coin dat from?) is not a gud idea,it breeds suspicion. Would he be able to prove the source. Ahh! If u ever did dat,prepare for a barrage of questions,oh!.
Hid dad hd 3.5m liquid cash wer would 5m had come from?
If he has 5m in his account, i wonder wat his sponsor would then have?

Ur best bet is be straightforard and pray 4 the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sowa: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
Hello Fidelo,

Pls do not misconstrue me . The guys in CDHC are not angels . They look at some parameters before taking their decision, You need not have N5m in your bank account before you convince them even though having such amount is not a bad idea.the most important thing is for you to prove the source of your funding to be genuine

Moreso, one paramount thing to them is your tendency to return to your homeland.Did you write GMAT?

Hello Laruze,

Pls how many days does your application stay with almighty CDHC before their verdict came ?

We shall survive them
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
sowa:

Hello Fidelo,

Pls do not misconstrue me . The guys in CDHC are not angels . They look at some parameters before taking their decision, You need not have N5m in your bank account before you convince them even though having such amount is not a bad idea.the most important thing is for you to prove the source of your funding to be genuine
We are both saying the same thing. My point is even if u have N100m in ur account make sure its genuine and not some sort of 'window-dresssing' (i'm in luv with this word)

Yes o, @Laruze, how long did u have to wait?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.