Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,389 members, 7,971,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:36 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (464003 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
Hello Bro.

I am a fresh secondary school grad.and i am trying to study in canada,am 18years now and i want to know what my chances are.and i heard people saying i have to produce a pay slip ,bank statement and all that.do i need that since i dont work.

and how do i go about this strong ties with my home country.

my dad would be my sponsor and he own his business.

SPeak soon

Guddy.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
@chamber, pls go fast go lay your complain, Do not worry am sure that it will be sorted out! cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
@Guudlover

First, I welcome you to this forum. Coming to this forum, believe me, is your first step towards acheiving your dream of doing your undergradaute study in Canada. I personally have gained alot from this forum, Just relax and read all the posts from my fellow powerful forumist. I bet you will get enough info!

Now to your quesition

ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS

1. SSCE Result. ( WAEC or NECO will be fine, with credit pass in your English and Mathematics in one sitting)

2.TOEFL Result ( atleast a minimum score aggreagate of 80ibT will be ok, but note that most school in Canada waive TOEFL for Nigerian)

3. Secondary School Transcripts for all the six years you spent in secondary school, if you actually schooled in Nigeria

N.B, PLEASE check the school you want to go for further requirement, but i think the one above are mandantory and common for all schools. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2010
Fummiee:

hello everyone, pls I would like to know if my child automatically becomes a canadian citizen if I deliver her there. and how much does it really cost to deliver in canada. thanks.

Yes, he/she becomes CAD citizen.

How much? Hmmmmmm , Interesting question , anyway its freeeee (if you have health insurance which is fortunately freeeeeeeeee also)

<someone somewhere must be getting excited, BUT you have to qualify for the insurance cover though>
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:25am On Jun 23, 2010
yes giving birth to your child will automatically make him/her a Canadian. However, its free to give birth if you are a Canadian citizen, PR or Refugee with a Health Card, if not, you are looking at from 15,000CAD,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:27am On Jun 23, 2010
@AMG, there are no Refugee Camps, at least to my knowledge. Refugees are given apartments that the government pay for plus other things
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hotstepper:

yes giving birth to your child will automatically make him/her a Canadian. However, its free to give birth if you are a Canadian citizen, PR or Refugee with a Health Card, if not, you are looking at from 15,000CAD,

hi hottie

What happens if the pregnant woman is not eligible for free healthcare and she is due to give birth and she doesnt have 15k? is teh baby held as ransome or something? cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada by dupsytosh(f): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dis Guy:

hi hottie

What happens if the pregnant woman is not eligible for free healthcare and she is due to give birth and she doesnt have 15k? is teh baby held as ransome or something? cheesy

LMAO cheesy cheesy very funny
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
@charl,

Thanks for the info.i will try and look out for infos on this forum.

I will follow the normal procedure!i just hope they accept GCE.the nov/dec one.

Any advise on if i can go through this Maple people for the visa packaging and all the rest to get my study visa?

And pls how do i proof ties with my country.my dad is my sponsor.so i will be getting these from him

1.Corporate Bank statement(Sole signatory)
2.C/o of our house
3.Cert. of incorporation
4.Tax clearance

Pls what else do u think i need to get from him?

I await a response
Re: Travelling To Canada by DaRealman1: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hi Guys,
I'm new in this forum, stumbled on it while searching for travelling tips to canada. I am a polytechnics graduate with HND in computer Science and have over seven yeas work experience in a financial institution as an IT client support staff. I wish to apply for a postgraduate course in any IT related course in canada. I hereby wish to inquire the ff:

i. Do I qualify for a postgrad considering my academic qualification
ii. Can I sponsor myself (I am married with three kids)
iii. Do we have a reliable agent/consultant in Nigeria? Do I really need them?
iv When is the right time to apply?
v. My main objective is to relocate with my family after study, so, how do I start?

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hi NL.

I got my doc and a letter 4rm the CDHC last wk stating that I am denied a study visa for the following reasons:
1.No proof of contingency for sponsorship
2.Incomplete educational documents,personal finances.

These were the documents I submitted:

1.Adm letter 2. GRE and toefl scores 3. degree cert 4.transcript 5. NIIT training cert 5.Microsoft professional cert. 6.NIM cert. 7.my bank statement with 200k+
8.my sponsor's acct statement with 11mil. 9.a letter 4rm my sponsor and his recent tax clearance 10.his company reg. cert. 11.a sworn affidavit 4rm d ikeja high court stating i would return after my studies.12.birth cert. 13.identification cert 4rm my state.i)Police clearance certificate
(ii)Form A-2E: Family composition & Employment history

Note:in my sponsor's letter,he stated he would employ me to work in his Insurance firm upon graduation

Now I want to reapply,what document(s) do u think I did not include in my previous application and what does the above two reasons mean?My sponsor is my brother in law.I think the CDHC was hasty in assessing my documents.

ur responses will be of help to me.

Tanx all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2010
Hi Chamber2,

I am really sad that you did not get your visa. i had seen ur post earlier and felt you submitted all d necessary documents. Na wa for dis CDHC sef. I sent mine via DHL on the 2nd of June and I am yet to hear from them. I am not a pro in this area but if i may ask, did u attach a cover letter detailing your intentions and specifically highlighting your ties in Nigeria that will make you want to come back home? As for your educational documents, you did not attach your WAEC or NECO original certificate and this is a major requirement from their website. I am sure that is why they said it was incomplete.
I dont understand their first reason about contingency for sponsorship, but as i learnt on this forum, they prefer your sponsors to be your parents or yourself. I presume you will want to apply for next year and so i'll advise that b4 then u try to build up your profile as it regards your personal finances. You can get a job after your youth service that will show regular monthly income going into your personal account and also have the pay slips to show for it. You may also attach your personal share certificates and all to not only show personal finance but also show investment ties back home.
As for your sponsor being your brother-in-law, I dont know if you can change much about it. however, you can improve on it. How much is ur school fees and how much will remain in your in-law's account after he takes care of your fees and first year living expenses? These are the things they consider that may lead them to require a contingency when they dont feel ur finances pan out. Of course, the financial burden of proof will be much less if you had paid your school fees and attached a receipt in your application. I know that on their website, they give d impression that it is not a requirement, but on their cic main site, they list payment of fees as one of the things that show finanial capability amongst others. Now I am not an expert but i suggest you may do that so that what they will now be looking out for in ur in-law's account statement is just d 10k living expense for d first year. Or better still, if by next year you have a job and such amount in your personal account, you can show it and sponsor yourself. D thing about paying fees is dat it consciously or subconsciously, it shows d visa officer dat you are firmly committed to your education there and apart from any major gaffe, like not proving home ties or submitting complete educational documents, it would be hard to deny you.

So Chamber2, I think you can use this time and really improve on ur application so dat there wont be any chance of a denial next time. i wish you luck as you continue the hustle and hope dat you dont give up. Like i said, I am novice in dis whole visa thingy and this is just my 2 cents worth of advice. I hope d forum seniors like delta, ezinwanne, wonderbod and co. can offer you more help.
And bros abeg help me dey pray for my own application cos e be like say CDHC fit mess u up even if everything dey in order.
All d best man.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

hi hottie

I am sure the kid will not be held in ransom, you will still give birth to the kid, however, you will be billed and find a way to make sure the payment is made.
You will not be rendered some service.
The best thing to do is before you leave Nigeria, try and get some kinda 3rd party insurance, cos that will cover all your medical expenses as well.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
@99dreamkid

Tanx 4 ur detailed response.Regarding ,my finances,I own a biz and had submitted my biz registration info and attached my personal bank a/c with over 200k.Also my brother inlaw is more or less my brother cos he is married to my sister.So there is nothing bad using him as my sponsor.Also he wrote a letter 2 the CDHC to that effect.

I am planning reapplying 4 Jan 2011 term.I am only a fresh graduate n cannot sponsor myself 4 the time been.Regarding waec cert,I did not submit any cos I felt since I am going 4 graduate program n had concluded my first degree dat will not be required.Trust me,i will bombard them with documents dis time lol.

I am also planning attaching an affidavit to my sponsor's a/c statement .My school fee is $8,800 and my sponsor has #11million plus in his a/c.Dont u think d CDHC was unfair 2 me?

so @ 99dreamkid I think its nt by documents submitted rather the disposition of the visa officer.

God will lead u through.Dont hope on man.

tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:22am On Jun 25, 2010
@Chamber

I feel your pain concerning your application, well all hope is not lost. Am happy to hear that you want to give it another try. And I believe with God this time you will get your permit in Jesus Name.

Well, concerning your next application

1. Please if the school you apply to do not require GRE and you did not make an high score in the GRE please do not include the result for your application. but you can include your TOEFL score regardless of your score. Please make sure that they are Original copies not scan or photocopies!

2. Paying your school fee, likewise having a Canadian Bank account in your name , does improve your chances, but it is not mandatory. i think like you said they are hasty in taken decision on your application, you have strong sponsor. well sha, god dey just put everything in god hands.

cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 11:45am On Jun 25, 2010
@ Da realman

I want to specifically welcome you to this great thread, where great minds dwell!

Well about your quesition.

1. I think you are qualify for a Post gradaute degee. but the problem is that most Candain top school does not taken in HND for their postgradaute, I mean schools like McGill, UofT, etc. But there are schools that consider people with HND for post gradaute not for Master (Msc) but for Pre Master programmes. It is a programme that you can do before you move to the Msc programme. I think it last a year or some months, am not sure, I think there is something like that in Memorial University. please just take your time and browse for this information.

2.Yea, you can sponsor yourself. but you best bet is that someone should sponsor you and you also tender your own personal account.

3.Yea, there is one I have always heard about in this forum, though I have not use their services, but those that did are already in Canada today studing. It is called MAPLE. Please google it. You do not really need them if you can be able to package your stuff well well. I can acually cite some of the member of this thread that got there permit doing their stuff themselves.

4. The best time for any application for international student is during the FALL ( September), due to the availability of funnds, fellowship, scholarships. but you can also apply during WINTER ( January).

5 Yea you can relocate with your family. it is possible.

N.B, but my advice is that since you are an IT proffessional, if you pay is good please stick to your job. and just try to do your master in any Nigerian School or an online programme from abropad. my peeps have always told me that it does not what losing job for,
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2010
@Guudylover

1. do not know weather they the GCE, but I think they should since it is WEAC exams too.

2. About the Ties things. I think I have posted sometin about it and many others have doneo that , please just take you time and read about it.

3.Concerning your sponsor support, please do include a letter from your sponsor stating that he is willing to suport you through your study. Also, letter from your sponsor's bank starting that the account balance can cover the tuition require. And also, include statement of your sponsor account showing the account dettails fro the past three to four months and also the current account statement.

4. Yea, MAPLE is good you can use there service. note that I have not use their services before, so am just sugessing them base on their good records about helping student with permit.
N.B, PLEASE am just an applicant like you so I am just trying to help, owing to the fact that it seems I have being on this stuff for some time now, and i have known some stuff about all the process. so please try to do your own personal research. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada by AMG: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
@hotstepper

Thank you so much but i still need to know much about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2010
@charlie193

Thanks for the info.Yes i think they should be Ok with GCE Exam since its from WAEC

About the Tie thing i think its a very important thing.so am thinking on maybe i should try this MAPLE people out.but pls do you know how much they charge and i am going to get the admission myself and make the tuition myself so i need them for is the Visa preparation and essential document if they can help me produce but i have the documents since its my dad sponsoring me out of the country.

Speak soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2010
guddylover:

@charlie193

Thanks for the info.Yes i think they should be Ok with GCE Exam since its from WAEC

About the Tie thing i think its a very important thing.so am thinking on maybe i should try this MAPLE people out.but pls do you know how much they charge and i am going to get the admission myself and make the tuition myself so i need them for is the Visa preparation and essential document if they can help me produce but i have the documents since its my dad sponsoring me out of the country.
Speak soon.

Asking any agent to help you sort traveling document is a big mistake. All the documents should come from you and original.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2010
Da_Realman:

Hi Guys,
I'm new in this forum, stumbled on it while searching for travelling tips to canada. I am a polytechnics graduate with HND in computer Science and have over seven yeas work experience in a financial institution as an IT client support staff. I wish to apply for a postgraduate course in any IT related course in canada. I hereby wish to inquire the ff:

i. Do I qualify for a postgrad considering my academic qualification
ii. Can I sponsor myself (I am married with three kids)
iii. Do we have a reliable agent/consultant in Nigeria? Do I really need them?
iv When is the right time to apply?
v. My main objective is to relocate with my family after study, so, how do I start?

@ Da Realman; was just wondering if the student visa is the most suitable category for you?
You want to relocate your family. I would have thought applying for PR would place you in a better situation. Besides, it would allow you pay educational fees at local rates (instead of int'l student differentials).
You could consider a year plus for the PR application; go to study as well with the PR (at less cost), and still move your family.

I just got my study permit, but am single.
Re: Travelling To Canada by DaRealman1: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2010
Hi Rare,
congrats on your study permit. thanks also for your mail. The truth is that I don't know much about the PR.
A friend of mine advised me to try the study option as he did and is presently living with his family in Ontario.
He also said the study option is faster than other options. in the place of study, he advised the Province nominal scheme
but I didn't mee the requirement.
I not only want to relocate with my family, I also want to study. I cannnot aford being away from my family for a very long time
(I want them by me). I will therefore appreciate enlightenment on the PR option and how to go about it.
Once more thanks for your reposne.

da_Realman
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
I just got my admission letter from university of waterloo,canada for masters program.I just want know whether I can still file in my application at the canadian embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2010
lanreade:

I just got my admission letter from university of waterloo,canada for masters program.I just want know whether I can still file in my application at the canadian embassy.

You need to fill in your application at least 90 days before the school resume
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2010
Is age limit part of visa requirements for a master program in canada?If so what is the minimum age?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2010
Da_Realman:

Hi Rare,
congrats on your study permit. thanks also for your mail. The truth is that I don't know much about the PR.
A friend of mine advised me to try the study option as he did and is presently living with his family in Ontario.
He also said the study option is faster than other options. in the place of study, he advised the Province nominal scheme
but I didn't mee the requirement.
I not only want to relocate with my family, I also want to study. I cannnot aford being away from my family for a very long time
(I want them by me). I will therefore appreciate enlightenment on the PR option and how to go about it.
Once more thanks for your reposne.

@ da_Realman. I think the study permit option is much faster, no doubt. If time and the essence of study is paramount, then that path is fine.

If the relocation plan is paramount (and study a supplement), then PR is fine. Read the official information first: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp.
Also this thread has a lot of inputs. Another useful thread on immigration is : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419702.0.html
Re: Travelling To Canada by Olumike7: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hi justwise,

If one is applying for a permanent residence through the business scheme precisely self employed, do you know the time lapse for such an application.

I look forward to you response.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2010
Olumike7:

Hi justwise,
If one is applying for a permanent residence through the business scheme precisely self employed, do you know the time lapse for such an application.

Thank you.

No i don't but i'm sure somebody here will answer that question for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2010
Olumike7:

Hi justwise,

Thank you.

Here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/menu-perm.asp

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tjay2: 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2010
pple abeg i need ur advice am about to submit my application for fall(sep) and i am considering the time cos normally i should submit three months to the resumption date but i can only submit it on 30th of june can i go ahead?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.