Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,436 members, 7,833,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Would You Have Said? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Would You Have Said? (882 Views)

See. What This Website Said About Nigeria In Their Article About Internet Users / Finally Adsense Said Yes To Me / Who said Anonymous Didnt attack Facebook?? They did! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Have Said? by nduaj(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2008
I recently had a meeting with executives of a company that wanted a website. After discussing with them , i gave them my bill and guess what? they said I had charged them 20 times more than a similar web developer that came in for the same bid a week earlier.

After I made some points, and answered a few questions, i got the contract, PRAISE GOD (so get ready for my usual site reviews wink )

So now, my question is "if you were in my shoes, what would you say your justification is for charging about 20 times higher than our fellow 10k persite developers?"

let's hear what you have to say.
Re: What Would You Have Said? by my2cents(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2008
Well, first off, if you really charged 20 times more, that implies, at least to me, that the site for which you got the contract is worth at least 200K cool Kudos!

You have to remember, the pple you met are also biz pple. In other words, they too cd be using reverse psychology on you. There is a good chance that you were the first and last person they talked to. But hey, I guess we will never know.

When faced with a similar situation, I just tell the person, "My work speaks for itself. I have the experience and the background. When I build a site, I want someone looking at it to say, "who built this?" and figure out a way to contact me and not, "who did this crap? I will sure know not to use him". I build my sites out right the first time and in addition, you are getting a ton of free stuff the others won't likely throw in for you. Also, if you have any issues with the site (over an agreed period of time), you can rest assured that I will fix it for you at no additional cost".

some clients bite and other don't. I recently got a call from someone to "erase" and redesign http://www.awapinc.org/viewer/home/index.asd/vts/design001 . She said she wanted a more "interactive" site. So I ask what "interactive" means and she says, "I want my forms to work. Right now, page links are broken. The links to paypal doesn't work. I want an online store. I just want a site better than what is there now". Now I don't know how much she was charged for the site as it is now, but I am pretty sure it was low cos when I told her my price, she was like, "really?".

Of course, I went through paragraph 2 with her but she is yet to call as I write. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. Either way, for what she wants, I can't go lower than what I quoted her cos it will involve a lot of time and effort. If I don't get the job, there will be others. That's business for you.

(1) (Reply)

модный женский сайт / How To Start Your Successful Website Flipping Business Here In Nigeria / Weddingdresssonlineshop.co.uk - Chineses Company Mainly Selling Poor Quality Wedding Dresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.