Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,029 members, 7,880,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

Talent Is Better Than Education - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talent Is Better Than Education (28877 Views)

Talent Is Misunderstood And Overrated / Your Musical Talent Is NOT Fake, This Is All You Need To Succeed. / A Single Talent Is Not A Ticket To Success In Life. It Must Be Nurtured On A Dai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by achu442(m): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2013
Mehn,did i hear a NIGERIAN say "Education is better than talent"?...Education is just a paper qualification,No matter how educated you are in that field,my broda you can't be better than a man who is talented in that same field...[b]Mehn,did i hear a NIGERIAN say "Education is better than talent"?...Education is just a paper qualification,No matter how educated you are in that field,my broda you can't be better than a man who is talented in that same field...[/b]Mehn,did i hear a NIGERIAN say "Education is better than talent"?...Education is just a paper qualification,No matter how educated you are in that field,my broda you can't be better than a man who is talented in that same field...
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by 2nedo(m): 3:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Comparing talent with education is like comparing urself with ur wealth.U can only enhance ur talent with education.Ask BEN CARSON the best pedriatric nuerosurgeon.He first discovered his talent b4 chosing what knowledge to acquire.Read his book 'think big' u will see what drives him to read 'brain repairer'.....Ur talent is real u which can never be compared with things u acquired.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by bomly(f): 3:57am On Feb 18, 2013
Education is one thing and its application is another and by the way education is not all about sitting in class so in the real sense Education is what makes the difference. Promote Education because it still stands out irrespective of what anyone thinks, this people you mention they all have one or two Educated people in their lives who help them in making decision and promoting their success.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by 2nedo(m): 4:13am On Feb 18, 2013
TALENT=ABILITY EDUCATION=LEARN So therefore if u dont have ability(talent),u cant even learn(education).All comes from ur inside which is ability(able to do)
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by MissOpe(f): 6:33am On Feb 18, 2013
ubong560: Most of u seem so foolish to understand d exact point d op is driving @. He didnt say education is bad but rather, educational certificates are not guaranteed for an outstanding financial emancipation in d holder's life. Get d point! U can go to school for educational knowledge but if u discover ur talent, use ur educational knowledge to nurture d talent aimed @ creating amazing impact of fame and financial freedom to u. Nothing is wrong being educated and following ones' talent afterall, even Ph. D. holders can be a house keeper to people like tu face and p.square especially here in naija. Talent gives financial freedom!

olodo must everyone be famous There's something u need to get into ur thick skulll- not everyone who harnessed their talents made fame and wealth and and not every one who bagged degrees ....became wealthy.... Life is Que Sera Sera....
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by WaltherPPK: 6:53am On Feb 18, 2013
Ol'boy you better go get some education because you don't really understand the meaning of education,talkless of talent.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 18, 2013
The question should be is Wizkid better than David Mark?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by amacastel: 7:32am On Feb 18, 2013
Well d truth is dis talent can make u go 2 any lenght of power but education will give u more opportunity Eg RMD actor is a commissioner 2dy cos he is educated but his talent gave him d link and connectio ,Psquare are super stars bt dy cannot be governor or president cos dy ar not educated biance ojukwu is an international model,bt she was given an ambassador cos she educated.so my point is talent will make u 2 av oppourtunities bt education will help xplore u so education is d best remember not every1 with talent is succesful like 2face.okocha,genevive,oluchi onwuagba and co.like me my talent trained me viaout ma education it made me 2 met a lot of people but me being educated despite my talent has given me more respect among them.so if u are talent pls go 2 sch it will help polish ur talent 2face is polished by educated men nt illiterate so education supersides talent abeg make u no compare am oooo
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Hardfact: 7:35am On Feb 18, 2013
Talent is raw, education refines it. If you refuse education cos you've got some talent, you deny your talent the chance of being optimised.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2013
Pls Im Not Saying Education Is Bad... But GOD gave u talent so u can live with it and yse it for ur finance.......remember phd holders and grauduate applied for being truck drivers for dangote, please explain why someone dat has phd should be a driver
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Tunby(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2013
coputa: The comparison you made here are faulty..what has okonjo iwealla contributed to the development of this country,fuel subsidy removal,that brought more hardship to nigerians. Genieveve the star actress has genuine wealth and fame,she has affected the youth positively,not these educated illitrates who cannot survive outside government.,i want to ask with all honesty that is there anything that obasanjo at his age has achieved that tu face hasnt suppased at his tender age...talent is the key.
Off point.You no sabi argue fairly.You dont have to zero in on your bias against these people mentioned to prove your point.Ok, what
about Nelson Mandela, Obafemi Awolowo(politicians) or Bill gates Warren Buffet or even Jim Ovia(Bus. Tycoons).Dem no go school?Let us define education(not necessarily a uni degree) and talent(not just music,business or acting) well.The two are not in competetion.They complement each other and can mean thesame thing.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Pain(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2013
tanimola22:

Okay, I hear you. But, at least, you probably should agree that your claim that Dangote did not go to school is not completely correct. The discussion is to choose between 'Dangote went to school and Dangote did not go to school'. We all know that he at least went to a university and read business studies. He therefore does not qualify as a college dropout or a did-not-go-to-school billionaire, even if it was yesterday he graduated from the university.

Jamie Dimon is a known banker at JP Morgan and a co-founder of the Citi Bank you hear of today. He is not an unknown name in the world...Maybe your point would have been sharper if you had said 'tell me one banker in Nigeria with riches and popularity dominating those of Tubaba and davido.

T22

What About Jim Ovia of Zenith, Tony Eleumelu of UBA, Wale Adenirokun of GTBank, Atedo Peterside of IBTC, Otunba Balogun of FCMB to mention a few? Please get your facts right. The celebrities you mentioned by the OP are just too few compared to the teeming number of successful academicians & professionals. Please be thorough in your research.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by vocalprince(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2013
coputa: The comparison you made here are faulty..what has okonjo iwealla contributed to the development of this country,fuel subsidy removal,that brought more hardship to nigerians. Genieveve the star actress has genuine wealth and fame,she has affected the youth positively,not these educated illitrates who cannot survive outside government.,i want to ask with all honesty that is there anything that obasanjo at his age has achieved that tu face hasnt suppased at his tender age...talent is the key.
Please what has Tuface achieved that Obj lacks? And How has Genevieve affected your life? Please my friend answer me b4 I...........
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Pain(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2013
vocalprince: Please what has Tuface achieved that Obj lacks? And How has Genevieve affected your life? Please my friend answer me b4 I...........

At least 2baba and Baba have some things in common. The Love of Women & Making Babies.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2013
@kennedy iheneme pls we would like 2 know more bout U,ur educational background etc cos u seem 2 av a gud point bt u kip backing it with some stylishly unreasonable examples.
Ur posts av shwn u av d best of intentions bt u seem 2 find it hard 2 get ur points acroSs effectively.....in other words u need 2 get more closer 2 education while letting ur talent park well 4 nw......wen ur faithful with d due course of ur education all oda gud tins in life will find their way to your bossom........"He dat is faithful in little...."
I trust u knw dat bible verse....so I suggest u spend more time in personal development so u don't get misconstrued anymore....God b wit U
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Profkomolafe(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2013
TALENT begat much money than education.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2013
vocalprince: Please what has Tuface achieved that Obj lacks? And How has Genevieve affected your life? Please my friend answer me b4 I...........
So The Money Wey Obj Theif Na E Affect Ur Life Abi? Nigeria Won Afcon, Isnt Dat Great?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Shaw007(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234: After reading the first two lines of your post I was tempted to read further but was shocked with the number of misspelled words contained in your post,our educational system is total mess.
Take your time to read through your post and have those mistakes corrected,I am just been polite.
"educational system a total mess" . . .and you are just being PolIte.just say you are not ready for some fightgringrin
. . .anyways,i'v gotten tired of reading posts over again,but I'm sure the OP got MY point

Oh and its "BEING" not been . . .
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Tunby(m): 8:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Who pays the just Talented folk and who does he depend on? Ans: The educated and codedly talented. Even the highly paid footballers are acquired and owned mostly by seemingly 'untalented' folks.Knowledge is power and wealth.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Some People Are Talkin Bout Politicians, Remember It Is The Same Politicians U Wonna Crucify, Pls We All Knw Dey Are Useless, Dey Dnt Care About u. Na Their Belle Dem Knw. politicians he never impacted anytin in nigeria,but the super eagles jst won afcon
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by chucky234(m): 8:53am On Feb 18, 2013
Shaw007: "educational system a total mess" . . .and you are just being PolIte.just say you are not ready for some fightgringrin
. . .anyways,i'v gotten tired of reading posts over again,but I'm sure the OP got MY point

Oh and its "BEING" not been . . .
Yea "being",my mistake.
Thanks anyway.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by chucky234(m): 8:55am On Feb 18, 2013
Leadn:
you are be-ing (as in human being) not been (as in travel to...) Layman's style
Oh my bad,got it.
Thanks bro.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Elxandre(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Some sorta talent needs education. Like if you love working and programming computers, you have to most likely go to school to have an all round knowledge of it.

Well talking about talent i really wish i had successfully taken up football as a career when i was 15 (i remember even meeting the man that brought out rashidi yekini), instead i was distracted trying to get admission into a university. And guess what i got it yrs later, and i could drop out @200L before on friday for lack of funds.. I just keep wondering cos i was really a good footie .

Pls follow your talent when you have the chance and let your education come soon afterwards.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Elxandre(m): 9:25am On Feb 18, 2013
And stop trying to use bill gates as a defence each time. That guy has a superhuman iQ of 161 so he could read and understand anything at home, hence he dropped out..
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by NET1(m): 9:34am On Feb 18, 2013
This OP reminds me of one of my friends who (in any argument) will never ever welcome any point contrary to his own view - even when he knows he's wrong. I advise everybody here to shun this debate and let's move on to better things. You will NEVER win this guy.

Mr KennedyIheneme (as your name implies "Something dey Happen"wink, please you have won the debate. Congratulations on your victory!

OK, talking about more important things: abeg, which day Manchester United dey play Real Madrid at Old Trafford (2nd leg Champions League)

.NET
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Reelsteel: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Coputa U Are Indeed A Wise Person, Dat Guy Is Talkin About Okonjo Iweala, Im Sure He Was One Of Pple Who Complain When She Did Nonsense. Guy Politicians Dnt Makew Any Impact, They Jst Bring Pain Nd Misery To Nigerians. Besides Can You Become A Farmer?

Op i assume you are educated and understand what a metaphor means.
He was simply trying to give you an example of a successful educated person not necessarily a political figure hence trying to trigger another argument.
Talents can't survive without education and education itself would never exist without talents, its very very simple.
Talent invents and creates while education modifies and sustain.
Even the talented with their success seek professional advise, professional enhancement and of course professional investment of there finances, which are all products of education.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by amacastel: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2013
lordZOUGA: education is only bad when you are studying the wrong thing. like being talented in music and studying medicine.
Jst lik mE oooo I play music in shows events it pays my school fees 2 be a nurse/midwife well soon it wil pay my sch fees abroad 2 study medicine bt it gave me an insight on managerial skill cos am educaed I av not make any musical hit but I set up a standard band even as a woman I build my own house talent is gud bt education is power
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Reelsteel: 10:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Pls Im Not Saying Education Is Bad... But GOD gave u talent so u can live with it and yse it for ur finance.......remember phd holders and grauduate applied for being truck drivers for dangote, please explain why someone dat has phd should be a driver

Guy what is wrong with you? Is it news that things are upside down in this country?
We are talking about talent and education in the world not in Nigeria.
Bear in mind that education is not only when you get a degree from a university,a fisherman who has being fishing with his father from age 7
is considered educated in fishing to an extent. He probably will be able to feed his family and sell some at the market.
But mechanized farming would see that business go national and even international and that is where education comes in.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by EdosaGreat(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2013
Bleep u boy! Did Geneviv, Mercy Okojie go to sku b4 makin their millions! Inido sudied theatre act, is she better than Mercy Okojie and Geneneviv in d field of act? Bleep u mother fucker.
sholay2011: Op, calm down first. Seems you were high when you typed this nonsensical jargon. grin

On a serious note, how can you say talent is better than education? Don't you know education even helps to sharpen talent and brings about the side of professionalism, that's why we have courses like theatre arts, music etc?

Op, pls tell me, what serious economy is sustained by revenue generated from entertainment or talent MAJORLY? You cannot even survive to type this if some ppl such as farmers who put food on ur table and doctors fail to do their job who ensure we survive a diseased world and you're here ranting about talent. Don't you know no matter how much talent is, its survival is based on other things?

To make a standard movie, it's nt really based on 'so much' talent but rather good camera work and special effects which are products of technology. Technology is learnt thru education (though not like the one in Naija sha).

And as much as ppl wiv talent who have 'made' it are respected, they would always be less respected than ppl that deal with more serious issues that affect human survival. You don't expect ppl to respect genevieve than Ngozi-Okonjo Iweala or Tuface than Obasanjo (God forbid!) Or even dbanj than fashola!

Talent is good but not a thing that is sustainable for everyone...and education is never overrated...it is just misapplied in the nigerian case.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Assumelizzy: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2013
sholay2011: you too much. you wise thumbs up
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by 2gohandler: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ur talent na ur resource buh sum ppl don use am drink minerals...

Buh crioxly na only footbal,music,theatre art n dancing b talent? 2 b a bank manager ma bro u nid calculation talent... Lol

my ppl talent plenty dem... Buh d tin bsay talent pax talent gbam! So 4 sum talent, u nid education 2 sharpen dem
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Rawlay(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yes talent has been deposited by God inside everyone of us but pls you guys don't kid yourselves, education is key. 'P Square' finished school despite all their talents b4 facing their music career fully.
Like i tell people always "talent will get you up there but character will keep you there" & this character i still refer to as "self development". The truth is that there's a big difference with how an educated person will go about doing things & pls by "educated person" i mean the one that went thru school & the school went through him/her as well.
In essence, what i am saying is that, while we are developing our talents, let's develop ourselves in the process & that's the real education for me, it doesn't have to be Master's degree or PHD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? / 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.